User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 17 Dec 2009, 19:11   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Donation and Salvage

Ok so this is the second time i wrote this as the gf decided to close the browser after she looked at facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
'make salvage valueneutral the last week', you get max back what you lose, so 100% defender salvage if you kill enough of the attacker.
Nice idea, that means I can launch on the #1 without fear of getting closed.

Basically you only get salvage up to the limit of your own destroyed ships. So if none of your ships are killed by the other side you wont get any salvage, which tbh is the reason for good defending is to not lose anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PA Manual
Also, if you steal ships while defending, you get salvage from the ships that died during stealing.
Now if I assume that it means the defenders get salvage on ships that died during merging, how on earth is this correct?

You already get value by value for the ships you stole and then get salvage for the ships you lose during the merge? Defenders should only get salvage for the ships they lose due to being killed.

Hopefully I am correct when saying this, and if I am then PATeam need to address this issue before the next round starts.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 19:20   #2
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Donation and Salvage

I don't think there is something wrong with the fact that ziks get value for the ships they lose while defending, they are a defensive race, it might need more balancing, and other races might need other 'race specific' advantages.

But face it, the way I think Zik should be designed is:

Shit at attacking, especially at the start.
Good at defending, also at the start.
When a Zik retains and grows his value (i.e. play competently) at some point he should gain 'momentum'.
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 19:38   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
I don't think there is something wrong with the fact that ziks get value for the ships they lose while defending, they are a defensive race, it might need more balancing, and other races might need other 'race specific' advantages.
Zik's work like any other damage races, in they still cause losses to the other side, however they swap ships by losing their own. They shouldnt be able to benefit from stealing ships, they should gain from getting roids and XP.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 19:43   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Zik's work like any other damage races, in they still cause losses to the other side, however they swap ships by losing their own. They shouldnt be able to benefit from stealing ships, they should gain from getting roids and XP.
Are you saying that in every zik combat (except versus emp) ziks should lose value? That'd be, uh, pretty hard to balance.