User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 29 Nov 2016, 17:50   #301
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice
Re: Upcomming r69 drama thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
and obviously, BowS never backstab.
This is the biggest load of horsecrap I have ever seen you say. Man your fantasy world must be nice full of hookers and blow.
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2016, 18:26   #302
Motti
Just Awesome

Motti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura aboutMotti has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
and obviously, BowS never backstab.
So you are saying Bows never have p3ng'd any deals?
Motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2016, 18:28   #303
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Butcher is an awesome politician thank you very much.

Like when he offered a deal to TGV where he could attack but they couldn't retaliate. I'd take that deal in heartbeat. We need more world class politicans like him.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2016, 18:39   #304
sevenseas

sevenseas has a spectacular aura aboutsevenseas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post

Like when he offered a deal to TGV where he could attack but they couldn't retaliate. I'd take that deal in heartbeat. We need more world class politicans like him.

Clouds if you was just as active ingame as in forums we would have won gal allready!

Round 61 BF Member - rank 34
Round 62 BF Officer - Running politics rank 19
Round 63 BF HC - Running politics rank 3
Round 64 BF HC - Running politics rank 23
Round 66 Bows Member - rank 29
Round 68 Ult Member - rank 27
Round 69 App Member - rank 19
Round 70 App HC - rank 2
Round 71 Ult Member - rank 40
Round 73 Ult Member - rank 51
Round 74 Ult Member - rank 57
Round 75 Ult Member - rank 5
sevenseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2016, 19:38   #305
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantix View Post
Tbh GM, I have no idea about that. I can prolly get some coords if I dig into it
I can tell you one thing that did happen though, we hit fat OOT planets and did get complaints about that from apprime, even though Dogg said you "didn't have oot", you did that night!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 01:45   #306
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
So you are saying Bows never have p3ng'd any deals?
I could if that would make you happy?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 02:28   #307
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:

Ah, the classic "we can hit you, you cant hit us" deal ive used to great sucsess in past rounds.
I have not brought it out so far this round, no need to use a sledgehammer on a fly.

Unread 30 Nov 2016, 12:55   #308
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ah, the classic "we can hit you, you cant hit us" deal ive used to great sucsess in past rounds.
I have not brought it out so far this round, no need to use a sledgehammer on a fly.
And what muppets would agree to that?
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 13:57   #309
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
And what muppets would agree to that?
Usualy its bigger alliances wich is fort heavy and trying to avoid being blocked.
Say if ultores has 40 players in forts, and bows has 30 players in total, i would offer a deal where we dont ptarget or hit their fort in exchange for they dont hit us at all.

Thats the exact deal more or less that was offered to FAnG and TGV that round. FAnG took it and TGV declined it.

Most sensible allies going for the win avoid being blocked, and avoid tags wich isnt in direct competition with them, atleast to a reasonable extent.

Unread 30 Nov 2016, 15:04   #310
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

Quote:
Usualy its bigger alliances wich is fort heavy and trying to avoid being blocked.

Most sensible allies going for the win avoid being blocked, and avoid tags wich isnt in direct competition with them, atleast to a reasonable extent.
Farmer-Bob please, everyone wants to avoid being blocked, but if you're in it to win it, you will get blocked. Taking "We can hit you, but you can't hit us back" -deals is pretty much the worst option to take so I can see why Fang took it and why tgv didn't.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 15:05   #311
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Isn't it against the rules, that CT let's its planets being farmed? Dropping by 50% within two days smells like a farming agreement.
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 15:12   #312
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf View Post
Isn't it against the rules, that CT let's its planets being farmed? Dropping by 50% within two days smells like a farming agreement.
Or just too many incs to handle and at this stage for them why bother defending
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 15:13   #313
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
Farmer-Bob please, everyone wants to avoid being blocked, but if you're in it to win it, you will get blocked. Taking "We can hit you, but you can't hit us back" -deals is pretty much the worst option to take so I can see why Fang took it and why tgv didn't.
Its a trade off.
In certain situation you want the other potential blockers to be able to gal raid, meanwhile keeping them on your good side.
If they hit a gal with 2 CT, 2 Ult, 2 p3ng planets they arnt pushing your "war" or "competition" in any special direction.
Alliances like Ult knows they can beat most alliances 1 on 1, or 1 on 2, and as long as they are able to keep the incomming from smaller tags to a manageable level they will pull ahead of their competitiors. Im sure thats why alliances like Ult has agreed on such "loopsided" deals with me in the past.

Unread 30 Nov 2016, 17:09   #314
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Careful BB or the full rest of the story will come out.

No HC/Alliance would/should take any such deal if offered. Oh and yeah we did take a deal.... a full in-game NAP later initiated by your HC once they found out the *insert your favorite swear word* deal you proposed even though you were not authorized to make any deals.

Whoops.... I guess I did add to the story after all

EDIT: Addition
I think they even took some of your powers away in game but would have to search through my logs to get all the conversations but not going to do it unless its warranted. Oh yeah....I have the logs of our conversations and conversations with the HCs

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 17:18   #315
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Careful BB or the full rest of the story will come out.

No HC/Alliance would/should take any such deal if offered. Oh and yeah we did take a deal.... a full in-game NAP later initiated by your HC once they found out the *insert your favorite swear word* deal you proposed even though you were not authorized to make any deals.

Whoops.... I guess I did add to the story after all

EDIT: Addition
I think they even took some of your powers away in game but would have to search through my logs to get all the conversations but not going to do it unless its warranted. Oh yeah....I have the logs of our conversations and conversations with the HCs
Hah, sorry, nobody took my "powers" away, after VulgAr NAPed you ingame behind my back, i just took my playerbase and left the tag.
And yes, a lot of alliances/HCs would take such a deal if offered.
Ult R50, FAnG R51, and im sure ive offered similiar deals to a lot of tags after that aswell.
Maybe you wouldnt, but that is up to you, after all you dont have the same pedigree as the tags i mentioned.

Unread 30 Nov 2016, 18:07   #316
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Hah, sorry, nobody took my "powers" away, after VulgAr NAPed you ingame behind my back, i just took my playerbase and left the tag.
And yes, a lot of alliances/HCs would take such a deal if offered.
Ult R50, FAnG R51, and im sure ive offered similiar deals to a lot of tags after that aswell.
Maybe you wouldnt, but that is up to you, after all you dont have the same pedigree as the tags i mentioned.
Wait Wait...so you are saying that alliances would take deals where you can hit them and they cannot hit you back even on retals.

please provide logs of an HC agreeing to this right now because I call BS on you. Hell since quite a few HCs are around have them come on here and state they agreed to that deal. If you cant then we just have further evidence that you talk out of your (_*_) all the time.

Oh and to clarify so that you dont twist things. The deal you offered was the your alliance can hit us (not sure if PT was implied but dont think so) with a possible max of 3/4 waves (not 100% sure of that) and we are NOT allowed to hit back or retal under any circumstances.

I would like to know the list of HCs that agreed to this so I can offer them similar deals in the near future.

Thanks

(I am sure others would love that list too since that is an awesome deal)

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 20:46   #317
sevenseas

sevenseas has a spectacular aura aboutsevenseas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
so when is the gangbang on ult or is it gg this round?

Quote:
It is GG.
People have made their choice.
Now its GG Butcher!

Ult bags top planet/ally while 2 galaxy`s still fightning for the galwin.

Round 61 BF Member - rank 34
Round 62 BF Officer - Running politics rank 19
Round 63 BF HC - Running politics rank 3
Round 64 BF HC - Running politics rank 23
Round 66 Bows Member - rank 29
Round 68 Ult Member - rank 27
Round 69 App Member - rank 19
Round 70 App HC - rank 2
Round 71 Ult Member - rank 40
Round 73 Ult Member - rank 51
Round 74 Ult Member - rank 57
Round 75 Ult Member - rank 5
sevenseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 20:52   #318
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Rexdrax: the exact deal was no forts and max 3 waves. Which means BB could still partake in a block sheet and ptarget non-forts.

He thinks he's clever but he really isn't. And I don't believe for a second that anyone else took that deal.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 22:04   #319
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

Quote:
Rexdrax: the exact deal was no forts and max 3 waves. Which means BB could still partake in a block sheet and ptarget non-forts.

He thinks he's clever but he really isn't. And I don't believe for a second that anyone else took that deal.

Ah yes, thanks for the correction. BB wanted me to sacrifice out of forts planet which at that time made up about 1/3 of our members.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
Unread 30 Nov 2016, 22:35   #320
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDrax View Post
Wait Wait...so you are saying that alliances would take deals where you can hit them and they cannot hit you back even on retals.

please provide logs of an HC agreeing to this right now because I call BS on you. Hell since quite a few HCs are around have them come on here and state they agreed to that deal. If you cant then we just have further evidence that you talk out of your (_*_) all the time.

Oh and to clarify so that you dont twist things. The deal you offered was the your alliance can hit us (not sure if PT was implied but dont think so) with a possible max of 3/4 waves (not 100% sure of that) and we are NOT allowed to hit back or retal under any circumstances.

I would like to know the list of HCs that agreed to this so I can offer them similar deals in the near future.

Thanks

(I am sure others would love that list too since that is an awesome deal)

Obviously FAnG agreed to it as i said, dunno who was their politics guy.
Ultores also has agreed to such a deal, all though as Zwans was doing politics it meant Forts + his gal

Unread 30 Nov 2016, 22:45   #321
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
Quote:
so when is the gangbang on ult or is it gg this round?

People have made their choice.
Now its GG Butcher!

Ult bags top planet/ally while 2 galaxy`s still fightning for the galwin.
The sad fact is that Apprime had a EOR deal with Ult afaik.
No gangbang will commence any time soon.
Dont they keep you posted on politics over there?

Unread 1 Dec 2016, 01:14   #322
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Obviously FAnG agreed to it as i said, dunno who was their politics guy.
Ultores also has agreed to such a deal, all though as Zwans was doing politics it meant Forts + his gal
i did not agree to any deal like this in FAnG. Dont remember if I Hced that Round. With who was the deal supposed to exist with?
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2016, 04:50   #323
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah View Post
i did not agree to any deal like this in FAnG. Dont remember if I Hced that Round. With who was the deal supposed to exist with?
Certainly it was not with you.

Unread 1 Dec 2016, 07:41   #324
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

There was a deal! not with you tho! Also, I had the exact deal with ult, but it wasn't the same deal.

Also Bob, what comes to following the universe, you certainly don't have a clue

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
Unread 1 Dec 2016, 08:07   #325
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
There was a deal! not with you tho! Also, I had the exact deal with ult, but it wasn't the same deal.

Also Bob, what comes to following the universe, you certainly don't have a clue
Im sure you had loads of deal that round aswell, seeing you were in Howling Rain, you probly had some NAPs/deals on your own with the diffrent alliances mentioned.

Unread 1 Dec 2016, 09:04   #326
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Guys stop feeding the troll please. If it was true he would give names. He hasn't so it's not. Just move on.

For the record I remember laughing about said deal with clouds, back when he was only 60% twat.

Miss you bubblehead!!!

Any final drama?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2016, 09:55   #327
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

The drama is over for this round.

Unread 1 Dec 2016, 10:31   #328
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

We are trying to brake the -32% ct record today!
Unread 1 Dec 2016, 12:10   #329
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr
We are trying to brake the -32% ct record today!
It actually was 34% pal!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2016, 15:25   #330
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sounds to me like Butcher fundamentally misunderstood human nature.

Experiments have been run in which 2 people are paired up: Alice is given $10 to divide up between her and Bob. Afterwards, Bob gets to choose: either accept the distribution proposed by Alice, or burn the $10. He cannot make a counter-proposal. Rationally, even $0.01 is better than nothing, so Bob should always accept the split. In reality, if Bob considered the split too unfair, he would rather burn the money (all of it, including his own share) than accept it.

The reason humans think this way is probably because such one-off encounters are rare, in an evolutionary sense. On the African savannah, Alice and Bob are in the same tribe (or maybe neighbouring ones) and will see each other again. If Bob accepts $0.01 this time, he's told Alice how little he's willing to settle for. The next time, she has no incentive to offer more. But if Bob rejects the $0.01 offer, and then the $1 one, and then the $3 one, then Alice might offer a 50/50 split next time. Now, after 4 tries, Bob has $5 instead of $0.04. The rational strategy in the one-off version of the experiment is awful in the repeated version. The latter (more realistic) version is what we are have evolved to optimize for.

PA is basically an online tribe. Alliances play multiple rounds and people are around for even longer. If you build a reputation of accepting shitty deals, you'll never get offered a good one. You should therefore always reject bad deals. Even if it costs you the round, there's always next one, and your rejection will force people to offer you more next round.

There are exceptions. In real life-or-death situations, you can compel people into accepting bad deals, if you have enough power. In geopolitics, this is what superpowers do all the time. Bully the little guy: we can have fleets of battleships in your territorial waters, but if you try to do the same in ours (or, god forbid, fire back at them), there will be hell to pay. Similarly, if Alice has a gun, she can make Bob do (almost) whatever she likes: the difference between being dead and accepting $0.01 is far larger than the difference between getting $0 and $0.01.

In Planetarion, of course, there is no real danger. Losing the round (or rather, not winning it) sucks, especially if you were trying to win, but ultimately, this is just a game. Sometimes, people will prefer picking an option that is objectively worse for them, not just to spite someone they hate (though that will be the explanation they use, even to themselves), but to force their enemies to offer a better deal the next timearound: and in PA, everyone is a potential enemy. And note also: the outcome of losing because of accepting a bad deal and losing because of refusing a bad deal is identical: you lose.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Dec 2016 at 15:31.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2016, 15:34   #331
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
It actually was 34% pal!
The record I believe is 41%. Also on CT, from about 10-15 rounds ago
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2016, 17:01   #332
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
The record I believe is 41%. Also on CT, from about 10-15 rounds ago
Possibly! I thought he meant from this round though
Unread 2 Dec 2016, 08:00   #333
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Seems like 7:5 having their planets closed, whata the story behind this

Unread 2 Dec 2016, 10:28   #334
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Seems like 7:5 having their planets closed, whata the story behind this
We had a VNC problem
Unread 2 Dec 2016, 12:13   #335
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
We had a VNC problem
who messed up then?