User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Jul 2006, 20:12   #1
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough
Tactics: Mailing your attacker

Over recent rounds I have become more aware of the use of a tactic whereby my targets mail me to get me to recall. Most of the time they are feeble attempts at reverse psychology. Today was no exception, however there was a slight change in that my target (a retal attack on the same guy attacking me) was also whining about me "bashing" him and that I would get no XP in return. Personally (in my opinion etc etc) I see no reason to send these mails and all they do is annoy me due to their pathetic nature. The only way im going to recall from a target is looking at scans. Nothing else.

I was wondering how many people consider this a viable tactic and use it themselves?

(Also I would like to apologise to the person whom I did send a slightly insulting reply to as a consequence of his attempt to make me recall)
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 20:19   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Tactics: Mailing your attacker

People often mail their attackers when they realize they're gonna get roided. Getting a mail from your target usually means they're not covered or that they're covered with fake defence. I always used to land on targets that mailed me even though they had defence. That defence always were fake except for a few times where I didn't have max cap.

So yeah, people tend to mail the attacker when they're not properly covered.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 20:20   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth

(Also I would like to apologise to the person whom I did send a slightly insulting reply to as a consequence of his attempt to make me recall)
Moral of story...

never get in the way of filth and his roids.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 20:24   #4
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Moral of story...

never get in the way of filth and his roids.
It was a strenuous day at work, I needed to release some anger
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 20:24   #5
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I drew my attacker a picture once, with his arrows shooting down my ships, it was sweet. I did it so he wouldnt recall, and I would get the salvage.

It worked!
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:00   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
I drew my attacker a picture once, with his arrows shooting down my ships, it was sweet. I did it so he wouldnt recall, and I would get the salvage.

It worked!
proxi's new tactic

http://www.hideout.it/articoli/1316_3.jpg

come on baby land it.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:01   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only possible situation where a planet would mail someone with a realistic reason for them to recall would be that they have built a load of ships that would kill them and be killed on that tick.

If the ships killed the attacked with no probs they wouldn't mail, they'd just chuckle to themselves as the tick approached.

If it was a big bloodbath with ships dying on both sides and no winners overall though, they might want to let the attacker know. Whether the attacker BELIEVES them or not is another matter
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:09   #8
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

this happened to me the other day. 400 spectres died, but my cr took more than a lick of paint to do up again i can tell thee
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:14   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
this happened to me the other day. 400 spectres died, but my cr took more than a lick of paint to do up again i can tell thee

My ships just tend to die whenever anyone mails me i do just land out of principal.

*licks proxis cr*
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:28   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am of the firm belief that benneh's missions screen does not come with a recall this fleet button.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:33   #11
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

I feel that is probably correct. Especially when he is out numbered, out gunned, out witted, out played and generally about to lose everything he ever held dear.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:53   #12
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
look under
"The defiant nooblet."
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 21:59   #13
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I am of the firm belief that benneh's missions screen does not come with a recall this fleet button.
or a def button going by his fine example of 3 fleeting in r17....

A waste of talent I tell ya :crymeariver:
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 22:08   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
blip
Totally mailing-unrelated, but you remember when you attacked me in r16 and I had 3 returning fleets? And then I named all 3 fleets to something like "TK" "is a" "horny teacher" and you named yours to something about me? I thought my intel rocked

Last edited by Nadar; 27 Jul 2006 at 23:07.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 22:56   #15
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

mm mr 3 fleet then call at 5 am for recluses so none of us caths could go roiding .
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:12   #16
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh
mm mr 3 fleet then call at 5 am for recluses so none of us caths could go roiding .
I know what side my bread was buttered on
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:26   #17
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Quote:
I know what side my bread was buttered on

you 3 fleeted ALOT last rd mr.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:30   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

generally, attacker mailing stuff has left me with bad experiences.

One day, I mailed my attacker to point out that his wave was already covered from basically when he launched. He wasn't impressed, and he and about 30 friends piled up on me and crushed my defenders.

He didn't get many of my roids though

More recently, I've had "wow, I feel honoured getting incoming from you" generally followed by my ships turning to big lumps of salvage, although when that happened yesterday one of my 2 attacks actually got through and I got a respectable battle report!

Some people respond to the mails - I remember someone a few rounds ago (back in my alliance days) got asked to recall with some sort of "had a really bad day and last 5 days got my planet trashed", and my alliance mate actually recalled, despite being clean through and having had no attacks land in the last 2 weeks.
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:32   #19
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As for mails, sometimes they work. I use them occasionally and have found them to be pretty effective.

Sometimes I've resigned myself to getting roided and just try to flirt the attacker into submission, or just for amusement.

Sometimes I can tell it's a complete noob, and I feel bad for smashing their fleet (happened a few times last round, I had 3 planets from a small alliance suicide completely on me. They lost about 300-400k value for 15 roids, defenders lost about 10k value in ships)

Sometimes, as TK said, it's a bloodbath. I'm a stubborn little bugger and don't run from battles so long as I kill more than I lose. It's cost me a lot of ranks, but I love bringing others down with me... I just prefer it when I don't have to sacrifice my own ranks to someone who is just raiding me for the roids.

Sometimes it's because I need them to recall to get a fleetslot or something similar... usually it's good for making fakes recall too.

Oh, and a few times on angels attackers in r16, I told them they had a nice CR fleet and that I was building barghest, it was actually FR and I built syrens. Then wiped out their entire frigate fleets minus about 3 or so ships. That was wonderful reverse psychology.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:47   #20
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

bwahhahaha
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2006, 23:47   #21
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Ive gotten alot of abusive mails for bashing so far this round, even when I dont bash

However, I also got a brilliant discussion that started out as a "youre landing on defence i build" type thing, to a wonderfull talk about strategy. Nice cap too
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 01:02   #22
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

I like to send mails when I _WILL_ get roided, but the attacker will lose almost all of his ships.

Worked always so far. :|
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 01:03   #23
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Actually, ingal msg works pretty dam good!

I managed to get some to pull, even more to land when I wanted them to (I’m a Zik).

Play on their arrogance always works, tell them not to land and they land every time? More ships to me
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 04:25   #24
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Ive never sent a message to any of my attackers unless I am covered, and am sure of it, in which case I make it easy and send them the battlecalc too

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 06:24   #25
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

My messages to attackers are usually something along the lines of: "Please don't hurt me!"

PS: Please don't test if I am telling the truth or not by attacking me
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 06:32   #26
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I've had a few good conversations with attackers over the round, and vice verse with a guy I'm attacking. I rather enjoy it, it's fun to chat with fellow players. Once in r13, I attacked a person and they mailed me, "Good luck landing on my shiney new __ship___," so I landed, and got pretty ****ed up, which was intresting as the resouces mustave been in production before i got the inital scans Then they retal'd back, and I sent a similar mail, and the landing was, needless to say, messy for them. They mailed me back, "ouch I didn't see that coming." The person ended up finishing top 10 It was loads of fun, and we got into a good conversation about PA mechanics in the meanwhile.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 08:00   #27
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
People often mail their attackers when they realize they're gonna get roided. Getting a mail from your target usually means they're not covered or that they're covered with fake defence. I always used to land on targets that mailed me even though they had defence. That defence always were fake except for a few times where I didn't have max cap.

Unless they are of course just very nice people who dont want you to die. Which i find very amusing in a war game. Becuase if i was covered and the guy kept coming i would just find it more amusing to see him loose his fleet then warn him. Must be becuase im evil.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 08:54   #28
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

When I send mails its pretty much restricted to attacks which I think are extreamly unfair for example if a planet thats at a size that the its target is only just in the bash limit and this planet has very few roids to steal then they will get a mail basically pointing out what an idiot they ae and how they should learn to use a battlecalc so they dont just go around bashing people for no real gains when theres better targets for them which would give good gains
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 09:06   #29
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

my favourite one is to send in a thank for your def mail "by mistake" to the attacker.

It more often than not works but no point once jpgs are out.

Another one I do sometimes is use the universe misc page to compile launch time for everyone in the attackers galaxy. eg when they defend, attack, most online times. I send all this info to the persons gc and ministers advising them that their n00b is leaking this gal info and that he is attacking me because i threaten to tell them. This has worked in some regards either the attacker is exiled the next day or they recall. Always puts a smile on my face expecially when attacker is exiled into a crap gal and roid him for days.

tsm
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 09:18   #30
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Unless they are of course just very nice people who dont want you to die.
Riiiiiiight
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 09:47   #31
Filth
Filtheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX
Actually, ingal msg works pretty dam good!

I managed to get some to pull, even more to land when I wanted them to (I’m a Zik).

Play on their arrogance always works, tell them not to land and they land every time? More ships to me

You see, those are the "feeble attempts at reverse psychology" I was talking about, I can't see how anyone would take a message from their target into consideration.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 09:52   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In round 16 I sent a mail to some guy who launched on me as like the eighth wave when I had about 400 roids pasting the jgp and advising him to find a better target. He even mailed back and said he would but then he landed anyways

r15 I recalled this random attack I sent out when my attacker mailed me nicely asking me to recall as I was fleet-catching him. I was sort of bashing anyways so I felt sorry for him and recalled!

Most of the time I send abusive messages ingame anyways so really getting attacked is just another excuse
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:03   #33
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I copied my gal status page a few times last round and changed some of the attacks to defence, and the returning fleets to defence, and sent it to my attacker knowing he didn't have jumpgate scan. This actually worked 4 out of the 5 times I did it.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:53   #34
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

I like the idea of attacker and defender mailing especially when its a game of chicken. plus i have done it when i have had piggies and 4 inc fleets of different ship type is hard to def against well.
best mail i recieved was 'So, you gonna land?'
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:47   #35
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Earlier this round I was attacking a guy with more roids, higher score, and higher value than me, he sends me a message calling me a basher, with some pretty vulgar language mixed in.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:50   #36
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i mail attackers when theyve landed on me and crashed lots of fleet. its fun mocking them

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 13:47   #37
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

A friend of mine photoshoped a screenprint of his galaxy screen. Added some defence etc, somehow the attacker was fooled and pulled his attack.

Really don't see how this would ever work, but it did.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 13:48   #38
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I've fake copy/pasted my ship orders once or twice.
Once I managed to get the production tick 3 ticks AFTER the guy landed, and I don't think he noticed
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:35   #39
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Ah the fun of stockpiling. Last round I just spent all the resources I had on attack ships, and when the attackers p scanned me the second time, they just recalled because they assumed I have bought deadweight def ships o/
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:11   #40
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh
My ships just tend to die whenever anyone mails me i do just land out of principal.

*licks proxis cr*
Dont worry Benneh, now we are allied noone can stop us.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2006, 05:17   #41
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

It's an interesting question. Rarely do I have correspondance with those attacking me, but...

I sometimes mail people when I am covered but scans would look ambiguous. This is to tempt them into landing (because they think I am mailing them because I am not covered) and crashing their fleet. Because I'm evil.

I also mail people occasionally when I realise I will be roided: When DCs send the wrong def, or when the call isn't properly covered. Especially if I spy a fake that a DC didnt. Often pointing out that you know it's a fake makes the attacker bottle it, covered or not.

Spending resources on ships that arrive the same tick of the attacker is also a worthwhile tactic. Because they know you can't cancel (and lose res) and that you can't run the ships. but they CAN recall, and if they land it's going to be ugly on both sides. In effect, you give a genuine threat.

And there are decent reasons to mail the attacker IF you are covered: The sooner they recall, the sooner you have a fleet and a part of your fleet free from being tied at base. If your galaxy is being hit, early recalls can free up gal def fleets to cross def more etc.

And sometimes I mail them because I'm bored. Basically you can receive mails from your target for any number of reasons. From most people most of the time it is a last ditch plea to save their roids. But I'd never take that for granted. And I have saved a fair few roids fooling people. Best bet is just to go off scans as you would, but never completely ignore mails.

Last edited by Furyous; 29 Jul 2006 at 05:27.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2006, 16:19   #42
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I always mail my attacker.

This is not so i expect him to recall, but so he knows exactly what will happen if he persists.

Then i dont feel so bad about smashing him up when i decide the time is right.

I log every single attacker, and make sure everyone gets hit hard 3 times during the round.

Works for me
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2006, 16:29   #43
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
This is not so i expect him to recall, but so he knows exactly what will happen if he persists.
*imagines forest*

"if you carry on like that i will have to declare war on you!"

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2006, 16:48   #44
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i don't know about all these overanalytical mails you people try, too many pa players are too idiotic to bother with all this crap
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 03:56   #45
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

From last round, sometimes it works

Today I was attacked, was a very nice attack of 89 DE

>> Hostile
Save 393 We have detected an open jumpgate from Taking care of Business, located at 16:2:2. The fleet will approach our system in tick 402 and appears to have roughly 89 ships.

As I was attacking him and a gal mate at the time it was no surprise.

I had already decided to recall my attacks as both targets had spent over 1mill res since I launched and him above on the previous tick, so prolly would land on a pile of defence.

So I recalled.

The tick b4 he showed I had spent all my Res on 400 Mandrakes (this will become clear later)

So attack reported, but not many peeps online, got a fake/weak defence from TBB (appreciated btw).

So what to do,

Then a thought struck me, I had 65 Distorters so unlikely he can get a scan of any sorts.

So i sent him a nice PA mail.

As follows>> Sir,

I would be most obliged if you would recall, then I can cancel the order for 400 Chimera and also let my alliance recall the half assed defence they are obtaining at this time.

Unfortunately (for me) you will obtain max Cap, but again unfortunately (for you) at the cost of over half your ships.

Thank you sincerely for your cooperation on this matter, I hope we can do business again at some later date, perhaps around Christmas time when I am in a more giving mood.

Regards

A Munter << I sign my PA mails this>>

Just as a bit of fun really and a half assed hope he would pull just for the comedy factor.

Well I got a reply:

> Sexcited (16:2:2) Sir,
Well someone who polite for a change, I hope i gave you enough time to cancel your order. Best of luck for you and your alliance

>> and then he pulled.

Which ofc was my wildest hope.

Ofc I had not ordered any Chims, didnt have the res to do it but it gets better, my mandrakes came out of production ontime to save Nichevo in gal with a Fr attack.

Politeness pays

Judge
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 06:21   #46
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

lol I haven't tried that one yet!

Last edited by Furyous; 30 Jul 2006 at 09:37.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 10:34   #47
Aragno
xVx techie

Aragno will become famous soon enoughAragno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar

To bad you haven't attacked me yet and gotten a mail like that then

I'm a zik and use this tactic. But I only do it to keep the attacker from recalling. Use it as a try to make them think it's fake def and get them to land so I get their fleet

[xVx]
Aragno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 11:24   #48
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

I rarely mail an attacker, but I did once that I will remember long, as he will...

That happened in havoc last round. This guy was attacking me for the 3rd time in a week, with structure killers, and I really had no big means of defence. Even well covered, he could always kill a few buildings. That annoyed me a lot. I sent him a mail in the line of 'now you're starting to get on my nerves' or something...

His 4th attack was much expected and awaited for. Everybody would stand ready with the right ships. When he finally took off (just the next day), I did a battle calc & sent him, with a word like 'are you really going to land again now? why do that?' - he answered 'yes, I will, the purpose of my havoc is to destroy your planet'. I said 'fine, you wanted it'.

Mailed all the friends around, and managed to get 3 alliances to go for that guy. He was fleet caught 3 times, bashed & bashed again, stole his ships, etc. He ended in the real bottom of the rankings... Near no buildings, no ships...

He was warned and did not get it. He was warned again and insisted.

Morale? Well, sometimes you have to take the mails seriously. Especially when you annoy willingfully several times the same player again and again.
SpookyVince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 12:28   #49
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

xxxxxxx (x:x:x) hi Sun, 30 Jul 10:12 Reply Report Delete
well i've spent my resorces ..

all u have to do is guess what i'm building

is it.
a, what i was going to build anyway
b, a few more frigates so i can reta u
c, fleet to destroy yours, ready when u land ofc
d, initiate more roids

u dont get to phone a friend, ask the audience or a 50/50

\o/
i guess i will just land that, heh

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2006, 14:03   #50
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

guess that guy missed this thread then. OR DID HE?