User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:11   #1
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold
Angels?

Can anyone tell me what just happened there?

Sandmans tells me they are down 19 members in one tick..

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:17   #2
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Angels?

Someone pulled a Mistu at them?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:18   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Seems to be mostly the lower score members they kicked as the average score went up by nearly 100k.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:24   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

a) booting lower score members
b) pulling a mistu
c) some ego's clashed
d) combination of the above

I'm guessing the correct answer is in there somewhere, but we'll have to wait for an official reply from angels HC.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 14 Feb 2006 at 13:33.
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:27   #5
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I'm guessing the correct answer is in there somewhere, but we'll have to wait for an official reply from kj or another angels HC.
Kjeldoran is not HCing Angels this round, and as such, a reply from him, would not be an official reply from the Angels command team.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:27   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

I'm guessing the correct answer is in there somewhere, but we'll have to wait for an official reply from kj or another angels HC.
Kjeldoran isnt a hc as far as I know
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:29   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
a) booting lower score members
b) pulling a mistu
c) some ego's clashed
d) combination of the above
e) recruiting DLR

(That was a joke (just in case anyone would take me serious))
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:31   #8
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Someone pulled a Mistu at them?
Pulling a Mistu?
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:32   #9
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Don't give us ideas, Nadar
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 13:35   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

edited my original post (i'm sorry but i though kj was angels hc...)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 14:15   #11
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

They kicked inactives. It was announced at their members meeting yesterday.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 15:03   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Can you relay their private channels to us too ?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 15:09   #13
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Tooth
Pulling a Mistu?
A BG/alliance joining another alliance promising to be there all round and then suddenly defecting and regrouping your BG, effectively killing the alliance you were in.

roughly...
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 15:27   #14
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
A BG/alliance joining another alliance promising to be there all round and then suddenly defecting and regrouping your BG, effectively killing the alliance you were in.

roughly...
Wasn´t that what Angels did to LCH a couple of rounds ago ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 15:51   #15
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Please let's NOT go there again.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 15:57   #16
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road

FAnG did it again.
Tell me more.
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 15:59   #17
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Quote:
Hopefully your spy wasnt kicked.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 16:58   #18
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Please let's NOT go there again.
I am not, i was merely explaining the term, not mentioning any specific group/alliance. Now thats what i call a neutral explanation
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 17:09   #19
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenbomber
Hopefully your spy wasnt kicked.
if he was inactive he would've probably missed the meeting right?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 17:32   #20
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

The reason Angels cleared out the inactives, is because they have been recruiting large planets from the lower tier alliances
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 18:28   #21
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

we recruited 19 planets from lower alliances? do you have that many?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 18:40   #22
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

This is only my personal view so far, and there is no reason to assume this is Angels view since i am not playing this round and not involved in Angels.

It seems Angels has been doing what other alliances been dreaming about so long, they kicked the inactives and the one who werent able to give their 100% for the alliance, even if they were a large chunk of the alliance.

It show that the command is strong and harsh enough to take risk in order to improve the core and the team and arent softy like many HCs nowdays. An example has to be set.

In short term i assume Angels will have hard days and night, in long term they should gain from this clearing. But as i stated, this is a very dangerous action which can determine for the alliance itself if they will still be able to win or not.

The question i should ask if would you stick with your inactive for a slight shot at #1 or would you kick all the inactives and have a fresh start and preserve the core and loose the slight shot at #1 (tho in my personal view, clearing the alliance mean you get a better shot at #1, you stay with the disciplined players and the one who cares about the alliance.)

Chapeau to Angels command team.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 18:48   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In fairness it's more a negative reflection on angels for recruiting so poorly pre-round than a positive reflection on them for actually realising this. Piss poor planning persistently prevents premium planetarion performance .
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:15   #24
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's also worrying that you've had to purge members multiple times given that you've only been in existence since Round 12 (and a mere battlegroup in that round). You were created by a purge from another alliance where it was so desperately needed that you had to create a new alliance. You played Round 13. In Round 14 you were forced by a lack of members to play inside another alliance. In Round 15 you played properly again, and now we're in Round 16.

Round 12 - 35 members
Round 13 - 58 members - around the same number as eXilition.
Round 14 - played inside LCH, down to about 35 members again.
Round 15 - 79 members
Round 16 - back down to 35.

It's shocking actually. I don't know who your recruiting HC or officer is, but they should have been fired a long long time ago.

Last edited by furball; 14 Feb 2006 at 20:04. Reason: thanks to jester for r13 numbers
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:26   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's quite funny that 40% of Angels members are inactive or deemed not good enough to be part of the main alliance anymore.

That's a pretty high percentage, guys. A pretty embarassingly-high percentage.

It'll be easier to get through on your 35 "decent-sized" planets, at least - so thanks, guys! Great idea!
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:32   #26
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ehm tk, surely it'll be better for them now that they don't waste def on the inactives who presumably didn't def anyway? in that logic, improving themselves technically.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:41   #27
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

well, whatever happened - i hope angels did the right thing and i wish them good luck.

fact is we need more competetion for the #1 ally and angels was such a contender.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:41   #28
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Round 13 - high member count (exact number is absent from wiki)
Ended the round with 58, which can be seen on the screenshot of Sandmans frontpage on the Round 13 page. I've been meaning to get around to adding some of the galaxy/alliance ranks pages for recent rounds, but I've been busy.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:50   #29
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Have to say recruiting members from "lower tier alliances" at this stqage is extreamly annoying for the alliances you take them from. Also does it really show that they will have commitment to your alliance if they were obviously not 100% committed to their current one?
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:53   #30
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

noone has been recruited since the kickage
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 19:57   #31
jerome

ooops i apologise for my earlier post, it was rather short sighted, i forgot about a very specific attribute of some of the players remaining
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 20:04   #32
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

I would say something, but Alki told me not to post ...
meanie
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 20:33   #33
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

I assume the plan is step out of the spotlight and slowly recruit high score members towards the end of the round.

And alch. Kicking inactives is hardly a revolutionary tactic. It cant be seen as a good thing if you have to kick 40% of your ally for inactivity at tick 400.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 20:47   #34
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Kicking inactives is hardly a revolutionary tactic. It cant be seen as a good thing if you have to kick 40% of your ally for inactivity at tick 400.
It's a fairly smart move on many levels, though I'm not sure it'll pay off (ie Angels were always going to end top3, this only pays off rank-wise if it wins them the round).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 21:01   #35
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
if he was inactive he would've probably missed the meeting right?
Well, having a member playing a scan planet and a 24/7 running IRC relay bot, doesnt mean the member is seen as activ in the view of FAnG HC.
But Iam sure, you know how to keep an intel running.

Greetz
Bomber

ToT HC
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 21:29   #36
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenbomber
Well, having a member playing a scan planet and a 24/7 running IRC relay bot, doesnt mean the member is seen as activ in the view of FAnG HC.
But Iam sure, you know how to keep an intel running.

Greetz
Bomber

ToT HC
You just gave more then enough reasons not to have him in tag.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 21:39   #37
jerome

well it's silly to get into an argument about this since we both know fair amounts but;
1/ well, that'd be an overtly simplistic method surely? pro-active spying is probably more effective
2/ scan planets rarely get kicked, well, they might've from tag - but they're probably still involved on irc as theyre useful.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 21:53   #38
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

I have a theory that Angels didn't clean out the inactives, it was in fact crusie that threw a bitchfit during PMS on all of the ppl that said she mings

<3 Alki
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 22:17   #39
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

The truth is that it was a move by a HC with a poor grasp of maths. They decided to kick out all members who were below the Angels average score - which was only a handful of members. So they kicked them out then to their shock discovered that they still had members below their (new) average score. So they kicked those out as well. By tomorrow they'll only have 1 member left - but at least they'll have noone below their average score.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 22:32   #40
Alki
Drink is Good

sid is right, i dont do maths
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 22:46   #41
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

if only you'd been as active last rnd when ur alliance got owned by eX for the 2nd time Sid. (And unless I am horribly bad in maths like you say Angels HC are, that's a 100% pwned rate)
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 22:57   #42
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
if only you'd been as active last rnd when ur alliance got owned by eX for the 2nd time Sid.
Rather than only joining in the round to "pwn" ex, playing uber active and failing equally as miserabely as us inactives? Way to go, you're ace

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 22:59   #43
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
The truth is that it was a move by a HC with a poor grasp of maths. They decided to kick out all members who were below the Angels average score - which was only a handful of members. So they kicked them out then to their shock discovered that they still had members below their (new) average score. So they kicked those out as well. By tomorrow they'll only have 1 member left - but at least they'll have noone below their average score.
Then surely the logical thing to do would be to kick the top 3 or 4 planets and bring the average down and have those extra planets back in tag?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:18   #44
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
if only you'd been as active last rnd when ur alliance got owned by eX for the 2nd time Sid. (And unless I am horribly bad in maths like you say Angels HC are, that's a 100% pwned rate)

I was thinking about exis 2 wins and the fact that they took the next round off after each. Who is to say that the rounds exi plays isnt 1ups "off" rounds. Even though 1up still tags up, it can very well be their round of rest as they have won the previous round and exi have fallen into that place niceley. I dont think, even with their 2 dominating wins, they can claim to be be better than 1up until they take them on 2 rounds in a row and win both rounds.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:21   #45
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I was thinking about exis 2 wins and the fact that they took the next round off after each. Who is to say that the rounds exi plays isnt 1ups "off" rounds. Even though 1up still tags up, it can very well be their round of rest as they have won the previous round and exi have fallen into that place niceley. I dont think, even with their 2 dominating wins, they can claim to be be better than 1up until they take them on 2 rounds in a row and win both rounds.
Nice post but tbh, in my opinion, there is so little difference between an on form 1up and an on form eX the only thing that's likely to tip the balance is the involvement of other alliances to which ends eXilition have done (whether you like it or not) successively in both of their wins and kudos to 'em.

Quote:
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:32   #46
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Then why, in your opinion, do they feel the need to always block out of the gate?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:41   #47
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Then why, in your opinion, do they feel the need to always block out of the gate?
Because they know a one on one with 1up will end in a pure stalemate. As I said before, for either side to gain the upper had to the point of becoming victorious they must involve third parties.

Although this is entirely speculation as we've not seen anything like a simple one on one in either of the rounds.

Quote:
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:49   #48
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
rolllllllllllllllllllllllls
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:53   #49
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 23:56   #50
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Better than being in it

Quote: