User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Nov 2005, 17:31   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
ATTN: Paypal Users

http://www.websensesecuritylabs.com/...hp?AlertID=329
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 17:40   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: ATTN: Paypal Users

If youre dumb enough to download a .exe from an email, you deserve to be scammed
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 18:02   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

TSM, just tell all the hackers on the internet: "If u send me a trojan, ur fukken ded".

I bet they'll leave you alone.
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 18:13   #4
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
If youre dumb enough to download a .exe from an email, you deserve to be scammed
I posted this mainly for the americans on the board

@s|k haha thats a good one did you make it up by yourself?

tsm
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 18:17   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

anyone with half a clue knows that you never never never run a file from an email unless youre expecting it, and even then only after ensuring it hasnt been infected by a virus.
anyone running that thing gets exactly what they deserve.
People should be forced to take a test on their aptitude for the internet, and if they fail parts of it - denied access to the relevent parts online.
only if they pass the test ( on a retake if needed at any time in the future ) should they be allowed access to it
cant spot a virus email a mile away? no email with attachments for you
cant spot a spam email with a link to verify the address is active? No html emails for you
cant spot a website is a scam? no http access for you
cant spot a file on a given p2p network is a fake? no p2p network access for you

would cut out a heck of a lot of the problems despite its obvious unworkability
anyone smart enough to know how to get around it would already know the things necessary to get access
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 18:18   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thats better executed than 99% of internet scams and I bet quite a lot of people will fall for it.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 18:22   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Yeah nod's right on this occasion.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 18:28   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
The malicious DNS server is hosted in Romania
that whole goddamn country needs to be banned from the internet, seriously :/

edit: Now the dns server is known, its trivial for isps to block it, or for the server itself to be taken down, anyone subsequently accessing paypal.com will get a lookup error and seek assistance - at which time they'll get told how stupid they were and how to fix what theyve done
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 18:54   #9
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
that whole goddamn country needs to be banned from the internet, seriously :/

edit: Now the dns server is known, its trivial for isps to block it, or for the server itself to be taken down, anyone subsequently accessing paypal.com will get a lookup error and seek assistance - at which time they'll get told how stupid they were and how to fix what theyve done
The majority of ISP's wont block it. As its not the responsibilty of the ISP to make sure customers dont get phished. The onus is on the customer not to get infected by a trojan (enter Phil's test )

I think the underlying theme in this will be modded and used for different sites eg online banking, gambling sites, isp web mail solution etc

tsm
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 19:51   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Thats better executed than 99% of internet scams and I bet quite a lot of people will fall for it.
Not trying to pick a fight, but I'd say it's only better than 95.37% of internet scams.
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 20:45   #11
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One came across here the other day claiming to be from e-mail. Even as e-illiterate as I am I realized this was probably a phishing expedition as I have never gone on e-bay even to look around.
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 21:11   #12
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
One came across here the other day claiming to be from e-mail. Even as e-illiterate as I am I realized this was probably a phishing expedition as I have never gone on e-bay even to look around.
It's not about how literate you are about computers, it's about how well you are at cognitive preprocessing. The members of GD, indeed PA forums, are not representative of the email consuming population as a whole. Thanks to mr Gates genious, any idiot can now use a computer, and these people are not capable of much thought at all, much less spotting a phishing expedition. I give a lot of people, like TSM and Koen, Zhukov a hard time, but even they are admittedly a brighter bunch than the darkness that invades the internet through services such as AOL and myspace. It's not the phishers that are the evil people, it's the idiots that actually respond to spam and download trojans that are the bad people. If there wasn't a market for horse turds, nobody would try to sell them.
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 23:18   #13
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold

I got that email a few days ago. I thought it was kind of odd, seeing as how I have $0 in my account, and none of my information is current.

So, wether or not it was Paypal, or some hack looking to score, it ended up in the trash can.
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 00:19   #14
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Any e-mails from Paypal will be adressed to you personally. It's on the Paypal website. This e-mail broke the first rule.

Also, I agree that anybody who falls for one of these scams prolly had it coming...

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote