User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Feb 2005, 00:35   #1
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
The Rep thing.

It's okay, I'm not here to hate on it. I actually think it's a pretty funny thing to play with.
BUT, the last 5-6 person I've tried to rep (All positive, I love you guys!) have been "you must spread some blablabla". It's been going on like this almost since the start, when there was this spree thing (at least for me), but now, it's even worse.

I know others have complained about it too. Why not set it down to 10, or 15? Or delete it after a few days? Or something, I don't want to go on a neg-repping spree to spread love to my comrades!

Or is it impossible, and everybody knows it, exept me? If so, use this thread to tell about the time when you almost had sex with your cousin, or showed her/him yours, or something.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 00:43   #2
ben

ben has a spectacular aura aboutben has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Rep thing.

My cousins are both male and I haven't seen them for years.

I don't enjoy this rep thing.
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 00:56   #3
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
If so, use this thread to tell about the time when you almost had sex with your cousin, or showed her/him yours, or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
My cousins are both male and I haven't seen them for years.
You're not denying the sex part then ben?
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 05:03   #4
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
It's okay, I'm not here to hate on it. I actually think it's a pretty funny thing to play with.
BUT, the last 5-6 person I've tried to rep (All positive, I love you guys!) have been "you must spread some blablabla". It's been going on like this almost since the start, when there was this spree thing (at least for me), but now, it's even worse.

I know others have complained about it too. Why not set it down to 10, or 15? Or delete it after a few days? Or something, I don't want to go on a neg-repping spree to spread love to my comrades!

Or is it impossible, and everybody knows it, exept me? If so, use this thread to tell about the time when you almost had sex with your cousin, or showed her/him yours, or something.
These are signs the system isn't working. I know some people want even to get rid of the whole ratio thing, but if we did that the system would become meaningless, something akin to printing your own money.

I find it appaling people even feel the need to go neg repping people just so they can do more positive reps, that's just stupid.

I feel that if people are running out of pos-reps they are clearly not thinking the thing through properly. Pos reps should be treated like a commodity, you don't just go handing it out because you favour someone, it should be because they have made a post that was distinguished in some way from all other posts, including others by the same person.

I will agree though that resetting it after a period of time could be another solution.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 10:13   #5
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

The fact that I don't already have -99999 rep is beyond me
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 10:38   #6
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i found i needed to be a bit more active in the distribution of my approval/disproval everyday

just be more free with your opinion on what people post
you dont need to just go and dish out a load of negative to people you dont care about or anything mean like that
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 10:59   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I've been thinking about this rep-Planetarion game thing where positive rep is defence and negative rep are attackers and you can attack and defend people and when someone reaches the red-blob threshold he loses and gets kicked from the game or banned and you need to spam to build up enough rep to be able to defeat your enemies and you can use the PM function to message your friends that you're being red-blobbed so that they can green-blob you...

yea... that'd be cool... It would be just like old PA like in round 3 and 4. Simple but effective.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to prevent alliance-blocks. I'd hate to get blob-bashed by the GD equivalent of Legion.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 11:10   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
The only thing I haven't figured out is how to prevent alliance-blocks. I'd hate to get blob-bashed by the GD equivalent of Legion.
Why does no-one every remember the greatness that was Concordium.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 11:19   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Fight the power, embrace the rebel warriors of Xanadu!
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 11:35   #10
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
If you want to discuss planetarion go to the right forum.

We are here for other shite ok !!
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 11:47   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Let's all blob-bash TheShadowMan!!!
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 12:01   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Go team!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 12:18   #13
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Go team!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 12:32   #14
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

I have barely handed out reputation to anyone, +ive or -ive, I only rep people when I really feel they have made an excellent or an apalling post. Unfortunately I tend to find it's the same few posters who repeatedly make posts which I feel deserve more blobs. I have however recently started being a bit more generous with my repping so now I am happy to say I can FINALLY give blobs to people I actually think deserve them.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 12:55   #15
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

One never gets what one deserves, unless you are a fictional character or truly truly evil..
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 13:23   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Because the word greatness loses it's meaning when used in conjunction with any alliance but Fury
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 13:35   #17
Seb12
Traceur

Seb12 is infamous around these partsSeb12 is infamous around these parts

Is it unfair to say that a female will decide she wants to give ie: Leshy a rep but will end up going back through the thread and end up repping a whole load of other people before she gets to Leshy and will be like "he/she doesn't need it". That's what the experts call Impulsive Indecicevness.

Quote:
sex with your cousin
I don't see what's wrong with this (well yeah it is icky) but it keeps the traditions within in the family.
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 14:11   #18
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb12
Impulsive Indecicevness.
I think I have that every now and then, but I´m not really sure...
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 14:30   #19
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I added an extra blob

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 14:33   #20
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
These are signs the system isn't working. I know some people want even to get rid of the whole ratio thing, but if we did that the system would become meaningless, something akin to printing your own money.

I find it appaling people even feel the need to go neg repping people just so they can do more positive reps, that's just stupid.

I feel that if people are running out of pos-reps they are clearly not thinking the thing through properly. Pos reps should be treated like a commodity, you don't just go handing it out because you favour someone, it should be because they have made a post that was distinguished in some way from all other posts, including others by the same person.

I will agree though that resetting it after a period of time could be another solution.
Pos reps should be given for good posts, neg reps for bad posts. If a shitty posters posts something less shitty than usual then this still isnt a good post. We don't reward murderers when they steal candybars.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 14:35   #21
Seb12
Traceur

What's with all this rep stuff? What do the 2 red blobs mean?!
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 14:36   #22
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb12
What's with all this rep stuff? What do the 2 red blobs mean?!
put your mouse over it and it tells you.
11 posts and 2 red blobs...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 14:39   #23
Seb12
Traceur

You'll be sorry for negging me!
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 14:57   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And while we're complaining about the rep thing, grey blobs should show up as positive or negative even though they dont count towards your score.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2005, 15:27   #25
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I saw my uncle's two daughters at a funeral recently and they were really pretty and sounded intelligent so I avoided them.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 03:10   #26
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I don't like rep, because I don't have much.
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 03:16   #27
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

My problem is, with the "whole give away rep on post not users" thing, is that there are only a very limited amount of users that sustain a quality of posts. Of course, I've given away a few rep's here and there to people I like just beacause I like them, but now, I try to give based on posts. There are a lot of people I like that are shitty posters, or that post quality sometimes and crap or just nothing most of the time. (Like myself, at least I like to think that i post some quality!)

Seb, I was not trying to judge. I just wanted stories
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 11:01   #28
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

just a thought
couldnt you go and give out random (positive for the sake of general niceness) rep in the RP forum to spread yourself out?
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:17   #29
Summanus
Banned

Summanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really niceSummanus is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
just a thought
couldnt you go and give out random (positive for the sake of general niceness) rep in the RP forum to spread yourself out?
traitor
Summanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 12:32   #30
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I have barely handed out reputation to anyone, +ive or -ive, I only rep people when I really feel they have made an excellent or an apalling post. Unfortunately I tend to find it's the same few posters who repeatedly make posts which I feel deserve more blobs. I have however recently started being a bit more generous with my repping so now I am happy to say I can FINALLY give blobs to people I actually think deserve them.
Share the love and the hate. CrashTester is there for it.

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 14:48   #31
ben

ben has a spectacular aura aboutben has a spectacular aura about

I'm at -119 now, I think my posts have been reasonable if sometimes short
ben is offline   Reply With Quote