User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 Aug 2006, 09:40   #1
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
Sk's,.. Hypothetical

i really hope i spelt the topic right

ok,.. HYPOTHETICALLY speaking,... your the,.. lets say #1 alliance.
Theres an alliance in the bottom part of the top 10, with a scanner who has 147 (or more) amps.
He can scan your planets, however the inc you get of this alliance is minimal anyway.
Do you
a) ignor it,.. its no big deal
b) send SK's and try to cov-op his planet ONCE to get his amps down, and once that is done, rest assured u made your point
c) continue to send SK's at the planet every time he makes it back to 147 (or more).
d) somthing else,...

obviously this is PURLEY hypothetical (really hope im spelling this right) and not based on ANYTHING happening in PA at the moment,.... honest,... .....
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 09:44   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Sk's,.. Hypothetical

I would say that hypothetically speaking this would be yet another whine thread. So I would hypothetically just ignore and get on with the war game.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 09:49   #3
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

No reason to walk around the porridge.

I'm sure you have a point there somewhere?
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 09:50   #4
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

whose whining! just asking,.... seeing what people think of SK's and scanners
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 09:50   #5
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

Well im with kargool but what i would do would be to wonder why they are scanning me if they no im no 1 alliance. Also i wouldnt fleetcatch them chances are minimal XP, i would leave it as if they were no 10 alliance then they couldnt attack me anyway as thed lose??

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 09:51   #6
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I would say that hypothetically speaking this would be yet another whine thread. So I would hypothetically just ignore and get on with the war game.
While it might be another whine thread it could also be an interesting discussion point dont you think?

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 09:54   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
While it might be another whine thread it could also be an interesting discussion point dont you think?
I dont find this discussion interesting at all. If someone wants to attack somebody, then they tend to attack someone.

And attacking scanners with structurekillers is a viable tactic and has been done ever since scanners and structurekillers started.

Now if you have evidence to support your theory about the evil nr 1 alliance being rude and mean deliberatly to a hypothetically good alliance feel free to post them and I shall withdraw back to the Batcave and huddle there with Robin.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:03   #8
Rocko

proof? what is proof in this game??? anything can be twisted around and back and forth, so i'm not gonna play THAT game .
instead, i'm not even whining! just seeing other peoples thoughts on hypothetical big bad SK vs none threatoning scanner.
and i thought u as ignoring this thread anyway ah well
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:04   #9
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
proof? what is proof in this game??? anything can be twisted around and back and forth, so i'm not gonna play THAT game .
instead, i'm not even whining! just seeing other peoples thoughts on hypothetical big bad SK vs none threatoning scanner.
and i thought u as ignoring this thread anyway ah well
So you dont even have proof for any of the hypthetical claims you give?

Oh dear.. Yeah, guess i should have stopped reading after reading your first post.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:09   #10
Rocko

i'm not making any claims kargool. and i'm not gonna play ping pong on the subject with you anyway, now that all this messy buisness has been cleared up,.... (nice neg repping btw :P)
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:09   #11
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I dont find this discussion interesting at all. If someone wants to attack somebody, then they tend to attack someone.

And attacking scanners with structurekillers is a viable tactic and has been done ever since scanners and structurekillers started.

Now if you have evidence to support your theory about the evil nr 1 alliance being rude and mean deliberatly to a hypothetically good alliance feel free to post them and I shall withdraw back to the Batcave and huddle there with Robin.
if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. At the end of the day Kargool if your so un-interested why have you even bothered to post. This week the word you must learn is restraint. R - e - s - t - r - a - i - n - t. Restraint.

Quote:
Oh dear.. Yeah, guess i should have stopped reading after reading your first post.
Yes, fly back to your magic castle oh wicked witch of the west!

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:12   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. At the end of the day Kargool if your so un-interested why have you even bothered to post. This week the word you must learn is restraint. R - e - s - t - r - a - i - n - t. Restraint.
Nah, I felt it was amusing, and decided to give my two cents worth in it. (hypothetically speaking ofc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef
Yes, fly back to your magic castle oh wicked witch of the west!
I assume this is hypothetically speaking too?
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:25   #13
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Quote:
I assume this is hypothetically speaking too?
not in the slightest

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:29   #14
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

ok HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, getting a BR where you HYPOTHETICALLY killed around 30 structures is HYPOTHETICALLY alot of fun.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:42   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
ok HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, getting a BR where you HYPOTHETICALLY killed around 30 structures is HYPOTHETICALLY alot of fun.
I have to HYPOTHETICALLY agree with you.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:48   #16
Chef!
Domestic Diva

do you think there is any possibility of anyone other than rocko and aestuos being constructive in this thread? no?

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 24 Aug 2006, 10:52   #17
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

chef hypothetically no

or not
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 11:35   #18
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't really matter if a scanner is in a hostile allaince or not tbh. Ive had scans done by scanners from ohter allainces against high dist players. If a scanner can scan you then its a viable tactic to kill his amps, which ever allaince hes in.

EDIT: hypothetically
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 12:12   #19
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
i really hope i spelt the topic right

ok,.. HYPOTHETICALLY speaking,... your the,.. lets say #1 alliance.
Theres an alliance in the bottom part of the top 10, with a scanner who has 147 (or more) amps.
He can scan your planets, however the inc you get of this alliance is minimal anyway.
Do you
a) ignor it,.. its no big deal
b) send SK's and try to cov-op his planet ONCE to get his amps down, and once that is done, rest assured u made your point
c) continue to send SK's at the planet every time he makes it back to 147 (or more).
d) somthing else,...

obviously this is PURLEY hypothetical (really hope im spelling this right) and not based on ANYTHING happening in PA at the moment,.... honest,... .....
getting 147 dist costs over 11mil of each res. It also means waking up constantly in the night for atleast a month. If I went to all that effort/cost to get 147 dist I'd want to protect my investment, especially from lower t10 alliances that are known for their "mad suiciding skillz"

HYPOTHETICALLY speaking of course.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 12:59   #20
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

Why not, hypothetically of course, attempt to recruit that scanner with 147 amps and make him your alliance scan whore. If he refuses then use the SK and take his ass back to the stone age.
________
QueenPanther

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:03.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 13:07   #21
aestuos
No Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouRiQueT
Why not, hypothetically of course, attempt to recruit that scanner with 147 amps and make him your alliance scan whore. If he refuses then use the SK and take his ass back to the stone age.
so your going to get someone scanning you ( a potential enemy) to allows them to join your alliance and scan ppl for you?? and expect them not to relay that info to there x alliance if thats who you plan on attacking.

Also the join or die tactic very rarley makes them join you

clearly no idea

or not
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 13:28   #22
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
so your going to get someone scanning you ( a potential enemy) to allows them to join your alliance and scan ppl for you?? and expect them not to relay that info to there x alliance if thats who you plan on attacking.

Also the join or die tactic very rarley makes them join you

clearly no idea
I'm sorry you're too dense to detect my facetious comments...
________
Los angeles dispensary

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:04.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 13:58   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

PA is a war game. This scanner is a threat to eXilition (this hypothetical business is rather tiresome) by being able to scan their dist-whores and provide information on them to their enemies. They are perfectly within their rights to take your scanner out.

Of course, you could always reach an agreement with eXil not to scan their top planets for other alliances, since you say you're no threat to them. You could even NAP them as well. It's hardly their fault for wanting to do a clean sweep of the round.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 14:08   #24
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

poor old laffen
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 14:22   #25
Laffen

Laffen is on a distinguished road

It's just a game....but today I got pissed....and in 2 tick I will have 149 amps

And for the record...I don't know how many scans I have done for eX members......it's many....but not anymore
Laffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 14:25   #26
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's not how many you'll have in 2 ticks that matters, it's how many you'll have in 12.

Amirite?

p.s. As a fellow scanner I share your pain. Evil eXilition often attempt to reduce my mighty amp total also!
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 14:29   #27
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
simple

SKs and scanners are part of the game. Live with it ^^
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 14:36   #28
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
is this not PD rather than AD then...?
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 15:14   #29
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of

I guess we're speaking of the same planet, if not then ignore the following.

Clearly the incoming wasn't minimal and was very annoying. That was the reason why I was ordered to assign some SKs and escorts to that planet. Though that was like 10 days ago or something, no idea if any action has been taken lately. It was just a reaction. If you don't touch our high dist planets, we won't touch your high amp planet.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 15:29   #30
Rocko

eta 12,.. got it, we'll be rdy, cheers
as for scans, their only for us, and HAVN'T been for other alliance,... might be willing to give them out if those accusations keep up ,.. but as it stands, we've ended giving ex maybe 6 waves at the most, probably less, a night. its nothing they couldnt handle. and nothing personal. We've targeted the entire gal, not just their members. Some times not even their members if its not profitable to get covered. I think eX is exagerating how much of a problem our one scanner is. but nothing said here will change anything, just thought it'd be amusing to start a hypothetical thread about it . amused me for half a day :P
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 15:33   #31
Rocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK
I guess we're speaking of the same planet, if not then ignore the following.

Clearly the incoming wasn't minimal and was very annoying. That was the reason why I was ordered to assign some SKs and escorts to that planet. Though that was like 10 days ago or something, no idea if any action has been taken lately. It was just a reaction. If you don't touch our high dist planets, we won't touch your high amp planet.
had incomming of the SK nature today,.. from eX planets
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 15:39   #32
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
had incomming of the SK nature today,.. from eX planets
Cant you just laugh at them instead seing as the take the effort to bash you with about 1 week left of the game?

Hypothetically speaking ofc.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 15:41   #33
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

HYPOTHETICALLY speaking....your alliance has been attacking eX planets (including mine) quite often during the last 2 weeks so HYPOTHETICALLY speaking taking down that 140+ amps planet is just payback.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 15:51   #34
Rocko

u've been attacked by us,.. what,.. once every third night or somthing? for 2 weeks
OMG!!!!!
u eX people r to used to having no incs, you get upset when you see the tiny amount we send
only joking, im sure your getting incs all the time,.. dont see why we're such a problem,.. next round we'll have to have 2 planets with 147 amps then heck we cud have a whole alliance of scanner,s and offer scans out to every alliance!
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 15:56   #35
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
u've been attacked by us,.. what,.. once every third night or somthing? for 2 weeks
OMG!!!!!
u eX people r to used to having no incs, you get upset when you see the tiny amount we send
only joking, im sure your getting incs all the time,.. dont see why we're such a problem,.. next round we'll have to have 2 planets with 147 amps then heck we cud have a whole alliance of scanner,s and offer scans out to every alliance!
SUPPORT PLANET ALLIANCE!!!!! MULTIHUNTERS TO THE RESCUE!!!! Hypothetically speaking ofc
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 16:01   #36
Rocko

shhhh dont tell them!! 60 scanning planets,.. who just happen to scan their way into NAPS for every alliance,.. can't be a bad thing can it? everyone else could concentrate on building properly
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 17:48   #37
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

As a scanner - I expect SK's - what annoys me is when they manage to destroy everything but my amps ... over 100 amps, and they miss them, and destroy my factories instead....there has to be something wrong with that surely....
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 19:18   #38
Laffen

This is the wave that landed 10 days ago....the wave Agnus planned....

Type: Combat Tick: 1000
Combat report for x at x (x:x:x)
Attacking fleets: 6 Defending fleets: 1
SHIP Att Killed Held Stole Def Killed Held Stolen
Harpy 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
Wyvern 452 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Dragon 410 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Leviathan 167 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Tarantula 30 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Hornet 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Firefly 113 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Phantom 150 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pillager 704 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Pirate 240 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ironclad 81 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Totals 2352 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
Values 1586891 0 0 0 33 0 0 0
Report of Captured asteroids at x (x:x:x)
Metal Crystal Eonium
Original 162 153 154
Lost 36 33 33
Surface attack result at x (x:x:x)
Light Factory : 1
Medium Factory : 1
Heavy Factory : 1
Wave Amplifier : 15

u wanted facts....and here it is!
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 05:38   #39
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I knew we should'ave used more escorts the second time.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 10:49   #40
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What I find strange is that eXilition has the ships to waste on us. If we have a 147 amp scanner than I think it’s safe to assume all those above us also have at least 1 scanner of a similar level and some of those have to be a lot more pressing to deal with than F-Crew’s scanner.

After all they know as well as anyone that F-Crew plays their own game and for their own members and aren’t interested in getting involved in politics that see us simply being a tool of another alliance as they try and better themselves (after all we have told eXil this on a number of occasion when they have approached us to act in such a role for them). Our scanners do scans for the alliance, themselves, their galaxy and no-one else.

Additionally it’s not like we have hit that many eXil planets, certainly nothing in excess of what you’d expect from a normal roiding level and our planets are told not to send SK’s on their roid runs and I know a large amount of our planets haven’t even built a single SK all round so its not even as if we have given them a real reason to target us.

I would have really thought there are alliances out there who are actually targeting them or are extremely likely to target them or help others target them that would have been a lot higher priority than hitting laffen. But hey maybe I’m wrong and all the other large scanners in the universe may belong to eXil and those outside the top10 and not to those between eXil and F-Crew
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 11:01   #41
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Our scanners do scans for the alliance, themselves, their galaxy and no-one else.
Yeah.. Right.. LOL
*giggles*
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 11:35   #42
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What I find strange is that eXilition has the ships to waste on us. If we have a 147 amp scanner than I think it’s safe to assume all those above us also have at least 1 scanner of a similar level and some of those have to be a lot more pressing to deal with than F-Crew’s scanner.
You'd be suprised. Many alliances' scanners top out at 140ish, although there should be little excuse with the alliance fund now.

Quote:
I would have really thought there are alliances out there who are actually targeting them or are extremely likely to target them or help others target them that would have been a lot higher priority than hitting laffen. But hey maybe I’m wrong and all the other large scanners in the universe may belong to eXil and those outside the top10 and not to those between eXil and F-Crew
I doubt that eXil are struggling too much right now, given their fairly obvious value advantage. As Kargool pointed out in his own inimitable way, it's rather unlikely that laffen is only scanning in F-Crew's interests. He's probably a very valuable asset to his galaxy, one that may well contain alliances in direct conflict with eXil.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 13:43   #43
Laffen

Quote:
Yeah.. Right.. LOL
*giggles*
Kargool: Think we know better then u who we scan for Or do u have my scan database?
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 14:14   #44
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffen
Kargool: Think we know better then u who we scan for Or do u have my scan database?
Clearly the point is you CAN scan for anyone you want. Whether u do or not is not important. If theres a chance you can scan our planets then give away the scan to hostile allainces then we have to try to kill ur amps. Hope you can see that?
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 17:08   #45
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Clearly the point is you CAN scan for anyone you want. Whether u do or not is not important. If theres a chance you can scan our planets then give away the scan to hostile allainces then we have to try to kill ur amps. Hope you can see that?
This an appropriate reply if and only if you are targetting other hostile scanners in other allies. If you have some nice br w/o co-ords ofc would be nice to see. If you dont please delete this reply as its a mere deflectionary post and more in line with ally propaganda.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 17:30   #46
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
This an appropriate reply if and only if you are targetting other hostile scanners in other allies. If you have some nice br w/o co-ords ofc would be nice to see. If you dont please delete this reply as its a mere deflectionary post and more in line with ally propaganda.
Want to show me an xVx or 1up scanner with 147+ amps?
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 17:31   #47
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan

hmmm have you been playing this round? some scanners were hit so hard by cov oppers they cried and cried until the PA team changed the rules. please delete your reply as it serves no purpose.

edit: don't give me a load of crap about how cov opping and SK'ing is different, it isn't.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 18:15   #48
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really see why anyone needs an excuse to hit a scan/cov-op planet in any way. This is a war game where battles are supposed to take place, if a planets it's strong point is its amps, you destroy those instead. The same way you fleetcatch bigger players their fleet to hit them where it hurts. Its not like being a scanner will automatically grant you protection from any (non-)war related incomings.
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 22:30   #49
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

To answer rocko's origional post (which hypothetically the rest of you were supposed to be doing) I have promoted the idea of going after other ally scanners and distorter wh0res as a great way to help win wars. So far my arguements have ussually fallen on deaf ears. In war the war of information gathering is just as important as the actual fleet battles fought. Knowing where and when your enemy will strike and what he will strike with as well as hiding your own intentions from him is an essential part of a successful war strategy. Focused attacked to disrupt and even destroy the intelligence centers of your enemy (in this case scanners) is a useful expenditure of resources imo. Since the advent of the ally fund however this has become more difficult as scanners no longer have to rely solely on their own personal resources. However temporary advantaged gained by destroying amps (either through covert ops or SKs) is a useful tactic imo and I am honestly suprised it isn't used more often.

#strategy

Last edited by Monroe; 26 Aug 2006 at 03:17.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2006, 19:06   #50
Laffen

Covert ops don't work. After I put my security as engineer priority 1, I have had 19 cov up attempt. All failed Only 5 amps destroyed by cov ups....and that was before tick 870.