User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Oct 2004, 11:22   #1
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ARS alliance

Welcome,

We are being very selective with our recruitment this round and we have also gone back to our more traditional and more succesful alliance style of communication so please bear with us. Anyway, for those who don't know here is some info about us.

The History
ARS started in 1995 as a TFC (Team Fortress Classic) clan that played on the online league. We didn't take the game seriously and were famous for our website and sense of humour. Amazingly we finished mid table despite not being that great. One of our players used to play with a ping of over 1000

ARS branched out into various other games including Aliens Versus Predator 1+2, X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter and X-Wing Alliance although none of these competitively (ie league). We are also involved in games like Runescape, Darkthrone, Diablo 1+2 and loads of other games..

We have been involved in PA since R2. By R3 we were (probably) one of the top 10 alliances and held several clusters. (NB at this stage of the game there was no real way of telling how good your alliance was and could only compare member counts etc, we had several hundred players which was common with the top alliances of the time). We successfully fought off Blue Tuba who were the Uber alliance of the time and the alliance flourished quite nicely. This continued until perhaps R4 when we decided to streamline the alliance down. When Pay to Play was introduced we were streamlined further and became a relaxed and fun alliance (just how we started). In recent years the alliance has not actively recruited and yet still finishes ranked mid table. In R11 we recruited again and made a pitch to get a good grounding of players to compete in the following rounds. We finished 19th (I think, maybe 20th) which was quite respectable as we spent much of the end of the round fighting SiN.
R12 saw some restructuring again. Some of our more competitive members wanted us to merge with Bruderschaft and become IRON, however all HC members and all but one Battle Commander voted against this merger. This lead to our BC leaving and taking members with him to form IRON. This obviously affected our rankings, but still finished around the top 20.

Requirements
We are looking for players either with previous round experience (either continual or returning) and preferably on a paid account as the problems associated with freebies later on make these players next to useless. You must be active (but this goes without saying) as well as contactable via an instant messenger.
In addition you must ideally:
-have a sense of humour
-be available next round

-NO ARROGANT PEOPLE! I don't know how anyone else feels but there are some very obviously young people out there who are happy to throw around insults etc due to their score/alliance/power rangers collection. If you are one of these we aren't interested in you! We are essentially a friendly alliance and can't be bothered with other zealous players. We don't want bigheaded numpties joining as they generally cause more problems than they are worth.

Our services
Website: An endless source of useful bits and pieces as well as juvenile gay humour. Site is currently being re-written and rehosted at time of writing, it will hopefully be up in a week or so.
Defence: This goes without saying really, if we somehow miss defending you (due to delayed defence post etc) you can guarantee that the offending parties entire gal will be added to our 'hit list' and be retalled on shortly.
Daily attacks: We are always off playing with someone elses planets :-)
Fun: We are a larger alliance that enjoys the game and doesn't aim to be no 1. We are lighthearted and once you know what A.R.S. stands for you'll know you've come to the right place.
Growth potential: We have regular planned attacks and I would say we average 1 every day or other day.
Friends: Along with everyone you'll meet in ARS we are also good friends with various ex members who have gone to better or worse alliances over the years. As ARS is essentially a multi-gaming 'clan' you can take advantage of this and play elsewhere too. There are few alliances I think who offer this.

Communications
We do have a private IRC room for those people who want to use it however many of our players are old veterans and stuck in their ways (myself included) and find instant messengers far more useful compared to a chat room format filled up with people idling and therefore being of no use at all. So you MUST be happy using Trillian, ICQ or MSN as this is how we communicate.

So I hope that has cleared a few things up. We have prided ourselves on keeping a low profile but changing times call for changing tactics.

To contact ARS use MSN: [email protected] or ICQ 45239534 (NB please don't e-mail as that address is dormant and therefore no use).

If you want more information then feel free to post and I'll endeavour to answer the question as quickly as possible.

Thanks for listening

Ferretus

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)

Last edited by Ferretus; 23 Feb 2005 at 11:27.
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 11:30   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: ARS alliance

Nice thread and good luck for the rest of the round. I really think you will benefit a lot more making all your members using IRC though as it'll make your alliance stronger and have a more community feel about it. But as i said, i wish you the best of luck for the round, makes a pleasant read compared to some of the threads that have been started lately.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 11:50   #3
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

Good Luck ARS + Ferretus

You're not going to go into vacation mode if you feel the heat this round are you?
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Oct 2004, 14:16   #4
Amnesia
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Amnesia is an unknown quantity at this point

SU was 19th Ferretus, you were 20

Last round was fun and I wish you good luck for this round! And I hope ARS will do really great this round so we can fight for ranks again
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 13:58   #5
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Hehe thanks for the votes of confidence all. Our move away from IRC I think is for the best. We have a good community via other means without having IRC which basically doesn't suit us.

As regards to playing with SiN again... unless you guys want to fall down the ranks we have no plans to crawl up them in a hurry :-) We have been the big boys and its only so much fun being at the top, now we like to coast and enjoy the game. Oh, and just to defend myself about going into vacation, I was actually going away for the weekend and I had hoped to have something to come back to, so I used vacation...as I was on, well, vacation. :-) I've gone into vacation mode 3 times since R2 so I doubt I can be blamed for that :-)

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 22:31   #6
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Hi everyone

ARS as always will be returning for Round 13. Not much has changed so not much point adding to the top post. HOWEVER... a new alliance going by the name of IRON has made suggestions that ARS and Bruderschaft have merged to become IRON. This is not the case, in fact recent info from our ex player suggests that only 6 ARS players are part of IRON, whether this remains the case when this new alliance starts up there is no telling. Either way, 6 players is hardly substantial or means that ARS has folded or merged.

ARS has no affiliation with IRON. I have not spoken to Joschi or WInnie from Bruderschaft to see what there take on it is either but we shall see. Anyway, this is simply a quick note to ensure that there is no confusion and we can hope that Icewar stops involving established alliances with this new alliance.

Unread 10 Jan 2005, 22:37   #7
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Good luck guys, good thread, hope to see you out there next round
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2005, 20:05   #8
Ferretus
ARS HQ

UPDATE

ARS will not be participating in the latest speed round (like we didnt particiapte in the last one). We are waiting for the beta testing and will hopefully be able to see how the new stats fair.

We are in discussions as to whether to continue playing PA after R13. We have played for 12rounds now and we are far more involved in other games than we are in PA now. PA unfortunately no longer has the draw it used to for this old alliance. I shall put it to the rest of the members once the game starts and see how things go.

Unread 4 Feb 2005, 18:14   #9
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

it will be a shame to loose ars, you are another alliance who puts fun before winning, which make sit more enjoyable in my opinion, good luck with the round

hells

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2005, 22:25   #10
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Thanks Hells, much appreciated. We'll see how the round goes but I am confident we are targetted by at least 1 alliance who can also easily infiltrate us so I think this round will no doubt be our worst as well as no doubt then becoming our swan song.

hehe, maybe I'll create a pa clone for over 18s with a language blocker on the word/term IRC. It would fix many of the reasons for us considering leaving :-)

Unread 6 Feb 2005, 22:26   #11
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

lmao that would be...... interesting

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 03:27   #12
Gfurztu

Gfurztu is an unknown quantity at this point

Friends with Bruderschaft???
How old is this message?
Bruderschaft doesn`t exist any longer.
Trust me mate, If you wanna play with your alliance just for fun, it`s up to you, but we are playing for a good rank and also have a lot of fun.
We are looking forward to see you in the next round (R13), and trust me, we`ll have a lot of fun.

Round 10 Bruderschaft
Round 11 Bruderschaft
Round 12 Bruderschaft
Round 13 =IRON=
Gfurztu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 05:02   #13
=Empire=
=IRON=

=Empire= is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes he has right you have to wake up or you Die in the next round! (its a fact that you Die)
=Empire= is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2005, 08:49   #14
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Its pronounced like 'Arse', right?
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 00:07   #15
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfurztu
Friends with Bruderschaft???
How old is this message?
Bruderschaft doesn`t exist any longer.
Trust me mate, If you wanna play with your alliance just for fun, it`s up to you, but we are playing for a good rank and also have a lot of fun.
We are looking forward to see you in the next round (R13), and trust me, we`ll have a lot of fun.
there was really no need for that, before you make stupid comments and try and slate peoples recruitment threads why not look at when it was posted, this was october 2004, only shortly after you became a forum user.
cheers

hells (a bloke with lots of respect for ARS and none for people like you)

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 03:05   #16
Markie
“The Waterslide Yeti”

Markie can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells
there was really no need for that, before you make stupid comments and try and slate peoples recruitment threads why not look at when it was posted, this was october 2004, only shortly after you became a forum user.
cheers

hells (a bloke with lots of respect for ARS and none for people like you)
hells please stop with pissing off people we got dark for the

Former F-Crew Laziest HC
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 07:18   #17
Gfurztu

Gfurztu is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember: Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Round 10 Bruderschaft
Round 11 Bruderschaft
Round 12 Bruderschaft
Round 13 =IRON=

Last edited by Gfurztu; 10 Feb 2005 at 20:35.
Gfurztu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 11:31   #18
Ferretus
ARS HQ

LOL. IRON has yet to prove itself a good alliance, nevermind the best. It hasnt even played a round yet.

I dont slate you on your boards so I suggest you have some maturity and delete your posts.

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 11:32   #19
Ferretus
ARS HQ

UPDATE
Recruitment thread amended.
-Bruderschaft contact info removed

Once again, ARS won't be playing in the latest speed game. Better things to do with myself atm thanks :-)

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 11:34   #20
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Its pronounced like 'Arse', right?
Well unless you are one of our posh members it can be ARAS, or ORSE. :-)

It is an acronym for something quite unpleasant involving bottoms

Unread 23 Feb 2005, 21:10   #21
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

I can see it in the future clearly:

Another ARS gets abused to the max.

rofl

Good luck anyhoo!
Unread 4 Mar 2005, 16:14   #22
Princessa
PA nOOb

Princessa will become famous soon enoughPrincessa will become famous soon enough

Good luck!
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 16:43   #23
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Thanks, had fun fighting you guys last round :-)

Unread 17 Mar 2005, 11:39   #24
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Just a quick announcement. A few of us are playing in the public 10wk beta (ticks started this morning), bsaically just to get an idea of the new stats and show to our old members that we aint dead.

Unread 17 Mar 2005, 12:01   #25
Ferretus
ARS HQ

On another note, we are now opening recruitment fully. So contact me if you are interested on msn or ICQ and we can discuss the matter.

Unread 20 Mar 2005, 14:13   #26
Ferretus
ARS HQ

After the HC briefly looking at R13 BETA I think we can safely announce that ARS will be retiring from Planetarion.

Our reasons are numerous, but here are a few.
-HC simply doesn't have the time. After 3 months off we realised that it was nice to go to bed at a reasonable time and get up without having to worry.
-PA community is very young and immature. We can have a laugh, but a vast majority of ppl here are going through the mid teen "i hate the world" and being very arrogant with it. We the clan founders are 27 this year, and quite honestly cant be bothered with whining turds.
-The game is has become too focused on attacking and alliances. To become a top player you must be selfish, ie have all 3 fleets out at once and dont give a **** about your gal. In addition you expect others to look after you. To me, this is not the way the game should be and coupled with the players in point 2, leads to a lot more arrogant children out there.

But anyway...essentially we are here to have a laugh and enjoy ourselves. This isn't happening anymore and compared to the other games we play, PA seems to have lost its appeal.

We encourage our members to go find other alliances to join should they wish to continue playing PA. We are only retiring from PA, not our other games, so don't worry ARS is not disbanding. Having worked with F-Crew and Tides of Fire in the past I can recomend those for PA, if they will have you of course. If you need to contact them, just gimme a msg and I can give you their details if you don't have them.

We ask that nobody steals the name ARS, it will lead to confusion should we return and may cause hassles in other games that we (or you) play.

Farewell all

Last edited by Ferretus; 31 Mar 2005 at 02:32.
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 14:37   #27
Icewar
Destiny

Icewar can only hope to improve

lol

Round 11 Bruderschaft (421)
Round 12 ARS - BC (376)
Round 13 IRON - HC /ToT(131)
Round 14 Reunion - xVx (112)
Round 15 xVx (183)
Round 16 xVx (212)
Round 17 xVx (149)
Round 18 xvx (211)
Round 19 VsN (73)
Round 20 VsN - DC (112)
Round 21 Wolfpack (66)
Round 22 ToT (158)
Round 23 Destiny (100)
Icewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 15:05   #28
E-Choke
Pipo P
Mumu Champion

E-Choke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe, I got here by playing TFC aswell
Some belgian players wanted to match each other, we had 2 gals . Those were the good old days \o/
E-Choke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 08:11   #29
Ferretus
ARS HQ

lol yeah. You dont get things like that anymore...hence the reason why we are leaving.