User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Jan 2005, 16:13   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Its A Karma love thing

I dont believe in KARMA so give me an opt out for this system please

I can't seem to turn it off in my user control panel.

Change the colour too, to grey to i can't see it. It lookes silly like 5 green peas under peoples names

Also who was the instigator who brought this new karma system to the afore?
I would also like a detailed response as to why it brought in?

Demands over, let the flaming begin

:-)

tsm
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 16:16   #2
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: Its A Karma love thing

Intant karma´s gonna get to you
But we all shine on!
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 16:21   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

and yet another person mistakenly thinks their opinion of the reputation system deserves a thread of it's own

Have you ever thought of starting a "which browser is best" thread?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 16:35   #4
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
and yet another person mistakenly thinks their opinion of the reputation system deserves a thread of it's own

yup and opera rox0rs your box0rs
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 16:49   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The **** is this?
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 16:50   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X

This post made me giggle a lot, but I have to spread the rep in da hood before passin' it to you again, bro.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 17:25   #7
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I repped him for it because I agreed and was amused
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:10   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh and if anybody gives me repuation without leaving a comment and preferably a name I will find out who you are, find out where you live and neg-life you.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:16   #9
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Oh and if anybody gives me repuation without leaving a comment and preferably a name I will find out who you are, find out where you live and neg-life you.
This is the sort crap I dont want to be part of

This idea that people can judge me on what i post by negating my reputation. (yes I know flaming was it how its done in the past [that was looked down on by all as well])

Forums are here for the freedom of thought and expression (within legal boundaries). Fine some people wont agree with you but they should have the right to degrade you?

This system just announces another form of predjudice. This will eventually lead to people being too scared to post anything in case people dont like it. Hell I dont care what most of you think but some of you obviously do, and will feed off this system.
Where as others will die and never post again. (stop wishing I would die and never post again)

tsm
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:21   #10
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

I honestly doubt there are people out there that take the reputation system that serious. I mean, ofcourse, it's nice and blimey to have a big line of green blobs under your name, but I couldn't really care about a negative reputation point from somebody, with a really poor explanation to it. I think many will feel alike.

Also I do feel this reputation is a nice system to give people credit for some things they post. Most (if not all) of the people out there with a big line of green blobs do have above average posts. Surely this system could be abused, but I don't think anybody will take it seriously enough to actually do that.

It's like cheating in a friendly Quake 3 match against another team: if there's nothing to gain or loose, why the hell bother?
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:27   #11
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

I do agree with you Hook whole heartily, but I think that more people will abuse than use this system. The only real way of finding this out to reset everyone to zero, and start from scratch.

Most posters with high post counts seem to have a high rep points. TO me this doesn't make any sense and goes back to the "I havea big post count, so I must right even tho I'm a spammer/flamer" argument of old.

Now it will be "well my reputation on the boards is great thus I can do no wrong". People are like this but this system will be abused. It will take someone who has high rep points to suddenly losing them all due to neg karma for this to be noticed.

I think to fair to everyone that there should be an option not to participate in the reputation system.

Does anyone else agree that this option should be there?
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:30   #12
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

I guess that on the same grounds as enabling/disabling the use of avatars, the visualization, and with that, participation in the reputation system could be argued to give the possibility to enable/disable.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:32   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
Most posters with high post counts seem to have a high rep points. TO me this doesn't make any sense and goes back to the "I havea big post count, so I must right even tho I'm a spammer/flamer" argument of old.
I'm pretty sure I've not seen that kind of crap go on since about 2001, and even then I might be imagining that it happened at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
Now it will be "well my reputation on the boards is great thus I can do no wrong". People are like this but this system will be abused. It will take someone who has high rep points to suddenly losing them all due to neg karma for this to be noticed.
The people who seem to have high rep are indeed on the whole the most established members of the community. If they've not been at the 'I'm great look at me' game already (which I believe they have not although if there's evidence to the contrary I'll listen), I very much doubt that a series of green dots under their name's going to make a hell of a lot of difference.

It's a novelty for the time being, hopefully the way points are awarded will be rescaled and it will take a lot longer to get any decent rep. I'd certainly force people to leave comments if they're going to rep at all though, otherwise there's little to indicate just what it was about your post that was good or bad.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:43   #14
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

Aye Pablissimo that argument hasn't been around for a while, but I was just highlighting to further my point.

The problem is though, that some one who doesnn't post a reply to the thread can devalue the posters reputation with out making any contributions to the said thread other than saying "this is shit"

Its just a pm flame.

While thinking on this I am also wondering on this fact. What if 10 ppl neg me for this and 9 people positive karm me for this does this mean that I'm still shit even tho 9 pppl liked what i posted.

I really dont want to argue the intricasies of the system but I would like to see an option to opt out of it.

I think the novelty will wear off, but I would like a signing on the karma so i can flame there threads old fashioned style.

hehe only joking but you may get what I mean.

tsm