User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Sep 2007, 07:12   #51
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congratulations Exilition

Nothing more stupid than a ally that doesnt strike down on members that have pnaps to enemy alliances.
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 08:26   #52
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Well its not as though those taking pnaps would tell their hc By the time hc do realise, the kind of people who take pnaps are the same ones who have the highest scores usually, so I can see why they can be difficult to kick from an alliance. Due to not caring about their current alliance (face it, you dont if you have a pnap to an enemy ally/block), they would just roid the ally they got kicked from :P
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 11:41   #53
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So you kill them before they get the chance. Fleetcatch, anyone?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 13:16   #54
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

Easier said then done tho Mz.
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 13:49   #55
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
So you kill them before they get the chance. Fleetcatch, anyone?
ha! fleetcatch!

PA stopped them :\

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 14:01   #56
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
That is immaterial really.

Its the planets who take the p-naps and the alliances who allow there members to take them who are to blame, surely?
Oh of course it is Forest

But my post was a simple enquiry to eXilition: Cartman said that eXilition 'only' had the VS nap and a newer ally constituting their 'block', along with planet NAPs. However, if they've got 100 planet naps, then that increases eXilition's strength considerably.
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 14:15   #57
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Oh of course it is Forest

But my post was a simple enquiry to eXilition: Cartman said that eXilition 'only' had the VS nap and a newer ally constituting their 'block', along with planet NAPs. However, if they've got 100 planet naps, then that increases eXilition's strength considerably.
naturally i wont go into exact numbers but its ALOT less than 100... tbh alot less than 50 aswell so..
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 14:19   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
ha! fleetcatch!

It's what the 48 tick cool down period is for, innit? And tbh, there's nothing "hard" about fleetcatches. All you need is a handful of decent planet and a BC to set things up.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 14:43   #59
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
naturally i wont go into exact numbers but its ALOT less than 100... tbh alot less than 50 aswell so..

hehe

iam not having a dig or something but if say our of the top 100 value players 50 were eX, 50 were PNAPED, that puts eX in quite a safety net

just stating

Unread 26 Sep 2007, 15:04   #60
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
hehe

iam not having a dig or something but if say our of the top 100 value players 50 were eX, 50 were PNAPED, that puts eX in quite a safety net

just stating
Precisely

(and the odds are that even if you weren't a top 100 player when you took the planet NAP, you've got a far better chance of being one now)
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 17:45   #61
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
ha! fleetcatch!

how
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2007, 18:54   #62
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
well done on being able to set up a 3 wave attack on a target with only 256 roids. 3 xan attackers with 45,000 ships visable alone. That has clearly taken the most skill ever seen in this game. What a great tactically move.

You know, I have never been a big fan of Exil, they always sit themsleves far too close to proven cheaters for anyone's liking, but I have always had some kind of respect for them.

That is just gone after this attack which can be described as stupid at best.

Enjoy the game of Planetarion won't you, I feel you will have it all to yourself before long.
Ah this reminds me of R18 when 1up took on eXi. I was lucky to have 150 roids most of the round. The only thing that helped my score was going solo to hit inactive planets. eXi left me alone once I stopped attacking them and I never even got a PNAP. Sid got a little upset mostly because I was not getting coord checks before mining inactive planets for ships.

The key to beating eXi is to infiltrate them so that coords can be know asap. Once they get too big it's over. The problem with infiltrating eXi is that they are xenophobic and trust no one. New people are used to get intel and not given any. They play smart and they play hard. I am just surprised by how low the point difference is. ToF is only 20.4 million points away. eXi should have a much larger score gap by now. At this rate they will not make 300 mil in total score by round end. How sad.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 01:31   #63
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
The problem with infiltrating eXi is that they are xenophobic and trust no one. New people are used to get intel and not given any.
youve been in eXi??

in all other alliances i played in much and much less intel/info was given about what the status on politics and in the universe where.. eXi tells a lot to their members.. mayb thats the reason why it pwns..

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 04:54   #64
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

I found this thread rather amusing, and just had to comment on the whole pnaps thing...

You can blame whoever you want about it, but regardless, pnaps can help the planets alliance and I will explain.

Way back when, I had a pnap with 1up. ofc I quickly outgrew most everyone who kept getting raped by 1up, and as someone already said, I became one of those players with an uber score and huge planet. This allowed me to not only def big time incomings (even if they were 1up) with my fleet, but also allowed me to help take down other large players with my alliance, all while still maintaining pnap. So yes, it greatly helped my alliance, as I'm sure it does even now with other players. Lets face it, knowing that the only alliance who can organize a kill on you won't, greatly increases the fun of the game. pnaps would not be as useful, or even be around, if other alliances could put forth such an effort as those like 1up and now Exi. When I had my pnap, I knew that there was no other alliance out there who had good enough command or high enough morale to organize a kill on me, unless I became super fat and nubbed my fleet, which I did neither. 1up tho, they'd organize a kill regardless of roids, just to spite you

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 07:27   #65
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

Karo is on a distinguished road

ya know.....
same crap diferent pile, life goes on.

the other day I was raided had a few waves one me.. my alliance AND my gal mates where all in shock.. how could this be? she never gets incoming! not with that low roid count! 235.. but I had incoming! 3 from exi and 2 from fcrewl. and ask anyone in my gal and in my alliance hehee. they will tell you.. that I was exited! it meant. woohoo! at last I am loved!.

see being:P scanner .. privilages are low.

but yes.. how these big targets managed to get me in their scope? I was below the bash rait on 2 of them.. wth ? how is this?

well simple explanation.. was a wrong que.. I have done it a few times.. and I am sure many of you have.. maybe they was real hits maybe not.. but hey! I was annoyed but not. because I got waved by the big boys.

fleet catching? hahahaha! did not have the ships worth stealing there!.lol

so again I thinks it was a miss hit. specialy with the amount of ships sent! and pods sent !

I am the most eveilest of goddesses!:P beware my wrath!
mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Karo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 11:15   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2k
I found this thread rather amusing, and just had to comment on the whole pnaps thing...

You can blame whoever you want about it, but regardless, pnaps can help the planets alliance and I will explain.

Way back when, I had a pnap with 1up. ofc I quickly outgrew most everyone who kept getting raped by 1up, and as someone already said, I became one of those players with an uber score and huge planet. This allowed me to not only def big time incomings (even if they were 1up) with my fleet, but also allowed me to help take down other large players with my alliance, all while still maintaining pnap. So yes, it greatly helped my alliance, as I'm sure it does even now with other players. Lets face it, knowing that the only alliance who can organize a kill on you won't, greatly increases the fun of the game. pnaps would not be as useful, or even be around, if other alliances could put forth such an effort as those like 1up and now Exi. When I had my pnap, I knew that there was no other alliance out there who had good enough command or high enough morale to organize a kill on me, unless I became super fat and nubbed my fleet, which I did neither. 1up tho, they'd organize a kill regardless of roids, just to spite you
But your alliance can't use you to strike back. Defence is all fine and dandy, but once an alliance is forced on the defensive, it's chances for victory radically deminish. When a big planet can't attack the people that roid its alliance, it's not contributing as much as the smaller planets that can.

Besides, no matter how large your fleet, you can only defend 3 incomings, and you can only do that when you refrain from roiding. Enough nights of 3fleeting defence, and the only real advantage pnaps have (big planet) gets nullified because you don't grow as fast as you should.

And lastly, what happens when another alliance sets up a big attack on you? If you're really that much bigger than the other planets in your alliance, you'll have a hard time getting covered. Especially when 1up is either coincidentially or intentionally hitting the rest of the alliance at the same time.

So yes, your planet does contribute to your alliance (by defending it), but it doesn't help as much as it would when it wasn't pnapped.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 11:52   #67
Aetou
Lurker

Aetou is an unknown quantity at this point

You're complaining about 3 waves? A guy in my galaxy with 250ish roids and less than 500k score got hit by 6 waves today... And that wasn't eXi.
Aetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 11:54   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I move to rename this topic "The Crying Topic". All those in favour say aye.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 12:55   #69
Aetou
Lurker

Aetou is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I move to rename this topic "The Crying Topic". All those in favour say aye.
Aye.

eXi won fair and square because the other alliances didn't stand up to them in time.
Aetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 13:04   #70
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Pf, if i can get 3 waves on 150 roids, he deserves all of em.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 15:00   #71
CBA
Mind-boggling

ive been roided 26 times this round and only roided 16 times...

all this giving and not enough taking,

well yes i am en english tax payer:P

Unread 30 Sep 2007, 17:46   #72
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Dont whine until your a norwegian taxpayer
Im proud to announce that this round i havent launched a single hostile fleet!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 18:36   #73
furball

Quote:
Way back when, I had a pnap with 1up. ofc I quickly outgrew most everyone who kept getting raped by 1up, and as someone already said, I became one of those players with an uber score and huge planet. This allowed me to not only def big time incomings (even if they were 1up) with my fleet, but also allowed me to help take down other large players with my alliance, all while still maintaining pnap. So yes, it greatly helped my alliance, as I'm sure it does even now with other players.
All true - except that Angels occasionally aimed to win a round. Their dramatic failure every time was, unsurprisingly, in part due to players such as you who left them impotent when going on the offensive against 1up.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 18:36   #74
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I lolled at your alliance history.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 19:02   #75
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Quote:
But your alliance can't use you to strike back. Defence is all fine and dandy, but once an alliance is forced on the defensive, it's chances for victory radically deminish. When a big planet can't attack the people that roid its alliance, it's not contributing as much as the smaller planets that can.

Besides, no matter how large your fleet, you can only defend 3 incomings, and you can only do that when you refrain from roiding. Enough nights of 3fleeting defence, and the only real advantage pnaps have (big planet) gets nullified because you don't grow as fast as you should.

And lastly, what happens when another alliance sets up a big attack on you? If you're really that much bigger than the other planets in your alliance, you'll have a hard time getting covered. Especially when 1up is either coincidentially or intentionally hitting the rest of the alliance at the same time.

So yes, your planet does contribute to your alliance (by defending it), but it doesn't help as much as it would when it wasn't pnapped.

The fact that I can not strike back is negated by the fact that I can cover whole incomings alone, whereas without the Pnap, I would not have the ships to do so, and would have an even smaller impact on my alliance. You say I can only send 3 def fleets, and that is true, but when I can (if necessary) cover 3 whole incomings, instead of being 1 of 5 fleets needed to cover 1 inc, I give my alliance more fleets to work with.

Quote:
All true - except that Angels occasionally aimed to win a round. Their dramatic failure every time was, unsurprisingly, in part due to players such as you who left them impotent when going on the offensive against 1up.
I had a pnap 1 round I can even point to the topic where I explained why I had it (I was in a galaxy with 6 1up and 2 reunion players) Other than that, I had never had, nor have had since, a pnap anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I lolled at your alliance history.
Bet you'd lol more at my rankings history than I wasn't a def whore for nothing -_o

Saver of Sad

Unread 30 Sep 2007, 19:11   #76
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
The fact that I can not strike back is negated by the fact that I can cover whole incomings alone
No, it's not. You also disregarded my other 2 arguments. Reread my post.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 19:14   #77
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

striker2k owns and everyone who say otherwise are stupid!
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 19:16   #78
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What were your co-ords in r14, I couldn't see your nick in the t100 list.

Quote:
The fact that I can not strike back is negated by the fact that I can cover whole incomings alone
It actually isn't.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 20:15   #79
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Once you go on the defensive and stop attacking, you've already lost.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 20:58   #80
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

When your alliance is at war with another alliance, the worst thing you can do for your alliance is pnap the enemy.

Your alliancemates suffer the most, and your enemy benefittes.

And can there even be a proper war if players have planetnaps?
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 21:02   #81
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lets face it, knowing that the only alliance who can organize a kill on you won't, greatly increases the fun of the game.
What is the fun in that? I mean knowing you can't be attacked?
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 21:13   #82
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk
When your alliance is at war with another alliance, the worst thing you can do for your alliance is pnap the enemy.

Your alliancemates suffer the most, and your enemy benefittes.

And can there even be a proper war if players have planetnaps?
That's a perspective I hadn't even considered yet: why would enemies grant you a pnap if it would only make your alliance stronger? They wouldn't, because it wouldn't.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 30 Sep 2007 at 22:26.
Unread 30 Sep 2007, 22:08   #83
furball

Quote:
I had a pnap 1 round I can even point to the topic where I explained why I had it (I was in a galaxy with 6 1up and 2 reunion players)
I'm sure LCH were eternally grateful that one of their biggest planets refused to attack the enemy.
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 02:34   #84
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I get few chuckles as rich as when someone tries to tell me their pnap makes them better able to help fight a war.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 02:50   #85
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
We dont have the best players
Do you think anyone's intel is bad enough that they would believe this?

Granted the problem of eXi sucking in the most ambitious and active players was compounded in that many of the great players they didn't suck in either took the round off or joined VS so they would have a chance in hell of keeping asteroids.

Then yes, the small number of great players who did not jump on the bandwagon or jump out of the way of the bandwagon were spread out into a pointless number of other alliances putting the cherry on top of the most predictable round in a while.
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 04:34   #86
Recluse

Quote:
No, it's not. You also disregarded my other 2 arguments. Reread my post.
They were already answered in a previous post. No other alliance would set up a kill on my planet unless I became really stupid, and I didn't. 1up could and would kill you for killings sake, even if you were roid skinny, no other alliance had that ability that round. I also explained why my 3 fleets were more valuable. Would you like to try and convince me that if I let my planet get raped along with the rest of the universe I would have been far more useful to my alliance, being 1/5 my size and still only having 3 fleets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Once you go on the defensive and stop attacking, you've already lost.
I never stopped attacking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk
What is the fun in that? I mean knowing you can't be attacked?
I could be attacked, it's just knowing that I wouldn't be attacked senselessly. As I said, if I got too fat, or too troublesome, I could have been attacked, but I did neither beyond my abilities to defend. Credit where credit is due, ND gave me a fair few incomings that round, due to me attacking them a lot

Quote:
I'm sure LCH were eternally grateful that one of their biggest planets refused to attack the enemy.
my pnap was the last thing that could possibly have hurt them I still have the thread from r14 where people complained becuase Angels left LCH, after LCH proved to us they were tards (that round) and couldn't run a proper round, let alone even attempt a war. The rankings clearleh show this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
I get few chuckles as rich as when someone tries to tell me their pnap makes them better able to help fight a war.
When you're pnapped with an alliance your not at war with, it does

The round I was Pnapped, Angels and LCH were 1 alliance, however from the get go LCH proved they couldn't do anything remotely damaging to 1up, let alone survive the 1up onslaught, so Angels finally got tired of deffing LCH while they were left to die, and they split. Angels than spent the rest of the round picking at other alliances in an attempt at getting t10 in alliance ranking. We weren't even going to try to hit 1up, as we only had maybe 35 members. Irvine would have some fun every now and than, but on the whole, we didn't hit 1up much at all, and mostly were left alone by them (not always) Thats why when I had my Pnap with 1up, it worked fine for us. Even Irvine knew about my pnap from the 1st day I had it and was fine with it. 1 less planet he had to try and save.

JBG: Round 14 I was Roland of Gilead, ranked 22.

Saver of Sad

Unread 1 Oct 2007, 07:02   #87
Zirikk

Quote:
Would you like to try and convince me that if I let my planet get raped along with the rest of the universe I would have been far more useful to my alliance, being 1/5 my size and still only having 3 fleets?
Enemy not attacking you means more fleets incoming at your alliancemates. It is easier to attack your alliance when they have less planets to target. And whitout pnaps, the value/ships are divided more in your alliance, it means infact MORE proper defence-fleets.

And while pnapped you still have to attack to gain roids. That means attacking random-planets instead of the enemy. That doesn't help your alliance much.
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 07:10   #88
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lets face it, knowing that the only alliance who can organize a kill on you won't, greatly increases the fun of the game.
That's one opinion.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 07:13   #89
Zirikk

Very twisted opinion.
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 07:42   #90
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Is Strider a gimmick account or he is he really that dumb?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 16:50   #91
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Is he dumb because he has another opinion than you, Forest?
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 17:49   #92
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Is he dumb because he has another opinion than you, Forest?
Nope hes dumb cause he cant do basic maths
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 19:42   #93
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
They were already answered in a previous post. No other alliance would set up a kill on my planet unless I became really stupid, and I didn't. 1up could and would kill you for killings sake, even if you were roid skinny, no other alliance had that ability that round. I also explained why my 3 fleets were more valuable. Would you like to try and convince me that if I let my planet get raped along with the rest of the universe I would have been far more useful to my alliance, being 1/5 my size and still only having 3 fleets?

I never stopped attacking....

I could be attacked, it's just knowing that I wouldn't be attacked senselessly. As I said, if I got too fat, or too troublesome, I could have been attacked, but I did neither beyond my abilities to defend. Credit where credit is due, ND gave me a fair few incomings that round, due to me attacking them a lot

my pnap was the last thing that could possibly have hurt them I still have the thread from r14 where people complained becuase Angels left LCH, after LCH proved to us they were tards (that round) and couldn't run a proper round, let alone even attempt a war. The rankings clearleh show this.

When you're pnapped with an alliance your not at war with, it does

The round I was Pnapped, Angels and LCH were 1 alliance, however from the get go LCH proved they couldn't do anything remotely damaging to 1up, let alone survive the 1up onslaught, so Angels finally got tired of deffing LCH while they were left to die, and they split. Angels than spent the rest of the round picking at other alliances in an attempt at getting t10 in alliance ranking. We weren't even going to try to hit 1up, as we only had maybe 35 members. Irvine would have some fun every now and than, but on the whole, we didn't hit 1up much at all, and mostly were left alone by them (not always) Thats why when I had my Pnap with 1up, it worked fine for us. Even Irvine knew about my pnap from the 1st day I had it and was fine with it. 1 less planet he had to try and save.

JBG: Round 14 I was Roland of Gilead, ranked 22.

Last time I checked this is a exil flame thread and not a thread about LCH.

For the record, all the stuff your saying here about angels and LCH in r14 is a lot of blabla and reading makes me laugh.
Angels got tired of defending LCH ??? sure
You and your Pnap, you where not the only angel with 1 my friend.
Let's keep it at the following "ppl with a p nap dont have the balls nor the guts to fight for the team (alliance) but are egoists that only care about themselfs.
Angels left LCH cos they felt LCH was going to be slaughterd ?? nice going, rats leaving the ship ring a bell ?
It's so amuzing that you guys waited till I had to leave for personal reasons for 2 weeks to leave, looks like you guys didnt had the balls to do it when I was around.
And last but not least.
It wasnt the first, and sure as h*ll not the last time you guys did a runner like this.

Good going.

Back on topic plz

/my 2 cents
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 19:45   #94
Mortal
Crazy fin

Mortal is an unknown quantity at this point

Forest dont whine when u get only 3 waves whit 256 roids. i get 5 waves when i had 248 roids. and not only 1 time.

R14-17 - HR
R17-20 - Omen
R21 - Angels
R22 - Jenova
R23 - Exilition
R24 - Excessum
R25 - TGV
R26 - Denial
R27 - Vision
R28 - Carebears / Asc
R29 - Asc
R30 - Omen
R31 - Asc
R32 - Apprime
R33 - Apprime
R36 - Excessum
R38 - [NFI]
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 20:38   #95
Mzyxptlk
mz.

STOP BEING PATHETIC WHINING BITCHES AND START PLAYING THE ****ING GAME, BUNCH OF BRAINLESS NINCOMPOOPS
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 20:39   #96
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
You mean playing with a handicap? How about the other alliances shaping up and improving their own performance?
1up did it.

Being the controlling alliance in the game now has the responsibility fall upon yourselves to make the game interesting.

The fault lies with more than just others having to improve their performance but in rinse-repeat tactics of old that guarantee victory.

Trust me, look at the history of the game and most importantly look to the impact 1up had on it post-PAX and compare to earlier displays of the 'controlling' alliance.

Note I define controlling alliance as simply the alliance ALL look too that decides the basic premise of the round and how it will proceed.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 22:23   #97
Furbie_Fanatic
Dinosaur

Furbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the rough

Nwbs whine, pro's adjust!
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Dont Trust Anyone!
Furbie_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 22:31   #98
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
STOP BEING PATHETIC WHINING BITCHES AND START PLAYING THE ****ING GAME, BUNCH OF BRAINLESS NINCOMPOOPS
What he said
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 22:50   #99
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
1up did it.
Bullshit and you know it.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2007, 23:04   #100
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Bullshit and you know it.
I don't know about 1up in the rounds I didn't play, but in the one's I did play it is absolutely true that 1up limited itself tactically. There was a glaring difference between 1up and Fury as far as what Sid was willing to do to win.