User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2006, 00:50   #1
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point
Free Round Ship Stats

Will the ship stats change for the free round or will they stay the same as R15 stats. This may have been discussed already but I havnt seen a thread for it yet.
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 00:51   #2
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
Re: Free Round Ship Stats

They're being changed. I got the impression from these boards that jester is working on them, but I can't find out for sure since I can't get on IRC till i get home.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 01:41   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Jester is semi-interested but not confirmed as doing new stats. If he doesn't, unless there are other offers (preferably with a fairly workable version of stats - last time I got about 20 copies of stats with major flaws in and spent more time trying to suggest corrections than working on my own stats) then I'll do stats again. If anyone is interested in doing stats, please bare in mind it is a free round and so major defence fleets should be adjusted accordingly (i.e. mainly same ETA defence).
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 10:35   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

You know where to find me to 'constructively criticise' ur stats :P
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 10:43   #5
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

i'm also available for comment if u want my 2 cents
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 12:31   #6
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

i have a build 10 version of stats i've been working on for 8 weeks now if you're interested in taking a look Appoc - but bare in mind they are many AND are extreme changes.

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 12:49   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

[email protected] for any stats, I'll look and comment when I have time (I'm revising this week for exams next week)
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 15:12   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As usual I'll offer constructive criticism.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 15:48   #9
KingAlan

KingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the roughKingAlan is a jewel in the rough

new stats, eh? Two words: tzen initiative.
Round 13- complete n00b, 13:5:19
[Hidden Agenda member from round 14 on out]
Round 14: 11:7 MoD, final rank 1006
Round 15: 11:9:7, Galactic Commander, final rank 724
Round 16: 4:5:7, GC (The Colt 4-5's), final rank 380
Round 17: [forgot my final result]
Round 19: final rank 233
Round 20: 2:7:15, final rank 222
Round 23: bad end rank, crashed too many times
Round 24: am playing Zik

I provided the name for Round 16, "The End of an Era".
KingAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 15:59   #10
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

That wasn't the real problem this round believe it or not. It was that generally xan were untouchable by any of the races except themselves. That was why appoco changed the tzen initiative at the last minute.
The only other race that had a decent chance at roiding them was bs heavy terrans.

Im for the same eta def idea for the free round stats. Since its shorter, this naturally gives faster fleets an advantage imo (more launches and around for longer), which would be counterbalanced nicely if the others only had one tick to get defence aswel. This would also void the need for hardcoding out of alliance def.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 17:25   #11
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
You know where to find me to 'constructively criticise' ur stats :P
i'll just offer criticism you know where to find me.

and btw... tzen initiative would indeed solve alot of the problems from last round

and maybe then you can make vipers a bit weaker aswell and you're sorted :P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 18:12   #12
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

does he mean all ship classes will have the same eta ?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 18:20   #13
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

No.
An example would be that defence for BS would be either Cr or Bs Class.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 20:28   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
No.
An example would be that defence for BS would be either Cr or Bs Class.

Makes it difficult for Xan then, they have neither class ?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 20:35   #15
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

And as such they would probably have to be given cr and bs again. Theres nothing to stop whoever is making the stats from doing this. Although I said earlier a set of stats like that would be nice for the shorter round, I dont think it will be easy to produce a balanced set
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 20:57   #16
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Makes it difficult for Xan then, they have neither class ?
Shouldn't be too hard to change that, really.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 00:04   #17
Bromcrysal
We are but Men... ROCK!

Bromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura about

Just a sugguestion from a noob:

I just wanted to say that I played Terran in R 15, and I didn't have too much trouble attacking Xan. mostly 'cause my Battleships could soak a lot of damage from PeaceKeepers, and still get through to steal a profitable number of Roids. just from my perspective, Xan seemed balanced.

Of course it's entirely possible that I don't know what I'm talking about...
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 14:58   #18
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tbh Bromcrystal, you seem to have a very good grasp of what's going on for a new player around here. I daresay that many people could learn alot from your insight . Dont hesitate to give your opinion - if you have a point to make go for it; having diverse opinion whether it is "right" or "wrong" is a hell of a lot better than silence imo.

As for Xans with CR/BA - whilst it obviously depends on what the statbuilder is trying to do, i think an important aspect of going Xan is that it has no heavier classes to worry about - most importantly it frees up a type (or two) to have more Fighters or Frigates which in a Xan fleet is typically necessary to make it viable as punching through with two classes in a Xan is generally prohibatively expensive. I know that it is possible to stuff around such that it can work, i wonder if whomever makes the stats will do so just for a speedround?

I must admit that i didnt play all (or indeed, much) of last round, so i dont know how the mid/late round ship stats went. Just as i went inactive, the power of TBT initiative was starting to be complained about on the boards (though a quick demo on a battle calc at the start of hte round should have been obvious...), but i dont know what happened after that. I imagine that the stats were fairly good though - thus provide an excellent basis for a foundation for a speedgame set. Fix the generally accepted glaring weaknesses, change a little bit here and there for variety, and go.

I reckon.

Also, if anyone (esp you Blue Moon) want to run their stats by me, go for it. PM etc.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote