User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:19   #1
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold
Any point to the round?/Determination

well here we are, few weeks to go and tbh the round was decided when Exilition announced they wernt playing, as much as ppl may not like them at least there would have been a fight this round, 1up barely needed to log in to win.

Also top10 is probably going to be seen as much less of an achievment with all the dying allys, LCH is collapsing though not totally out adding to the huge list of the no-shows, at the start it looked like a whole group of new allies would come to the fold but barely noticed. with Angels Exilition and ToT not there from the Start (i dont add Vision because the 2 splinter groups both did well) Ven, APA,WP,LCH,Hydra and Insomnia all collapsed, partially collapsed or merged in, and NoS have barely existed all round, VGN and HR have both had performances below their abilities but at least have the determination to stick it out (well done guys, good to see)

However even if the Top10 isnt as worth as much as it usualy is, still respect should be given to some of the alliances there, ND have done well considering pre-rounds problems, the 2 Vision splinter groups have put in strong showings even if Reunion did need Hydra to help (friendly banter no pre-school flamings please) ToF have done well also.

My biggest respect goes to TGV, F-Crew and ND. TGV for starting anew halfway through the round and still coming up through the ranks, F-Crew for their continued help for the noobs and what noone can deny has been an impressive performance, u can claim numbers is the only reason they are there but they have been hitting the top gals with the best of em and landing. ND for overcoming pre-round troubles and scoring as high as they have.

I would like to remind the Universe of another great achievement by both F-Crew and ND, highlited by the deaths of so many allys this round, i think a huge amount of respect should be given to both allies for their non-stop round by round gaming, neither of these allys has ever quit or given up. they have determination that overshadows anyone else out there, they may not be the best players out there, they may not challenge for top spots or even top10 spots, but they are always there, guaranteed u will find them, and to me thats a greater achievment than any other anyone cares to mention. so GL to those allies that have the grit to continue fighting especially ND and F-Crew, the game is a better place for these ppl.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked

Last edited by The_Mad_Keg; 6 Sep 2005 at 22:25.
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:24   #2
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve
Re: Any point to the round?/Determination

I like you <3

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:37   #3
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

You see, I would respect F-Crew, but they seem to have these bizarre, clueless people as HC, which makes it a lot more difficult.

Yes, I know this is a flame. But I was up all night last night running defence and only had a couple of hours nap this evening, so I'm feeling a bit cranky. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered though - according to you, I barely need to log in to win
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:43   #4
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
Also top10 is probably going to be seen as much less of an achievment with all the dying allys, , VGN and HR have both had performances below their abilities but at least have the determination to stick it out (well done guys, good to see)
dunno about you but VGN is doing good since last roudn was below top 10 and now theyre 7th below you madman
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:44   #5
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

when will ppl stop to connect Reunion with VsN ?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:47   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
when will ppl stop to connect Reunion with VsN ?

its just similar to the way people connect 1up to Fury and Eclipse

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:47   #7
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

hylands u fool im keg not madman, and read the bit bout top10 not meaning as much, VgN have the abilities to do much better than they are

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:49   #8
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

get ure arse onlien then :P
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:58   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We're pretty happy with things. Ranked 6th in real average score (minus Peniz Alliance) compared to 13th last round. It'll do, especially with our member count, which has been fairly static throughout the round.

Would we be in the same rank if it wasn't for the numerous merges and disbandments? No, we probably wouldn't be. We will never know what would have happened if we'd had to fight our way past alliances such as APA and Wolfpack. I believe we would have done it, although in a far more violent way than it otherwise happened. Instead, we have new aims. Watch this space.
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 23:04   #10
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough

\0/

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 23:06   #11
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

dont get me wrong, VGN have done a gr8 job, just think the abilities are there to do better

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 23:25   #12
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

yay! F-crew loves the Keg!!! and to mister flamer from 1up were not totally clueless, i know alot about stuff that isnt PA :P

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 23:26   #13
YoureDoomed

VGN is doing good

but yes we have to admit we don't got our 95% coverage anymore

ofc that's due formula changes and i think all ally's got that problem

Greetz. YoureDoomed
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 00:05   #14
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
-snip-
l
Laserbrain.

I have no idea where you get the delusions from that 1up barely need to login to win. Have you missed the war this round? Im pretty sure members of 1up, LCH and Insomnia can disagree to you on it being won from the start by 1up.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 00:28   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Thank you Keg for acknowleding the work TGV has done this round. I can only say cudos to my BC team and to everyone who showed it possible to come back after a very though start. We were broken midway, and even thought about going into vacationmode with every account. But after encouragement and assurance that I had done the right thing for the alliance I made a decision not to give in. We recreated TGV after APA broke. TGV wich is an alliance I saw the birth of back in round 2 and we have had very fun getting back into TGV mode again.

I am certain that TGV is here to stay and I will give my best efforts to get us to reach our goals.

I have to say that I've been impressed with F-Crew and VGN this round. Both have done great and showing the excellent two strategies that every alliance should consider base their alliance on. Either by numbers as F-Crew has, or by creating a small attack able alliance like VGN. I must admit I did copy abit of the strategy that VGN did and it have paid off so far. NewDawn has recreated the NewDawn i knew from earlier, and 1UP has been the kings of the battlefield as usual. All in all a semi interesting round so far. But tbh I only wish for it to end soon so I can sleep again.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 01:58   #16
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Insomnia never gave up...due to unforseen circumstances we were ****ed over...ty :P

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 02:26   #17
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

as a guy running defense late night, I can say Insomnia was a pain in the ass
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 04:42   #18
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

hey duck

you think insomnia was a pain eh

20:37:50) —› this (*[email protected]) ban affects (+aNgRyAwAy)
(20:37:50) —› kick: (aNgRyAwAy) was kicked by (Troll) (sorry it's war now ‹24›)

I ever tell you how much fun it is to play as the underdog

/me looks forward to the battle against the elite of PA

*ties boots on real tight*

I plan on dieing with them on
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 05:46   #19
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
its just similar to the way people connect 1up to Fury and Eclipse

nono, we are by far not as "similar" to vision as 1up was to fury and eclipse :P
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 08:47   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
nono, we are by far not as "similar" to vision as 1up was to fury and eclipse :P
I thought Reunion was just a complete mix tbh.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 08:56   #21
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
yep
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 11:14   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
I could state the same about my alliance but it makes little difference to some pple

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 12:42   #23
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I could state the same about my alliance but it makes little difference to some pple
being similar to Fury and Eclipse is something you never need worry about being called.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 13:06   #24
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll

/me looks forward to the battle against the elite of PA

*ties boots on real tight*

I plan on dieing with them on
Looks like that is exactly what you are doing
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 13:18   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
being similar to Fury and Eclipse is something you never need worry about being called.
smartass ... you know what I mean

Becides, rest assure I have no desire to being called similar as Eclipse

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 14:38   #26
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Looks like that is exactly what you are doing
Well ya, I wasn't joking Trolls have NO sense of humor
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 15:33   #27
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
Well ya, I wasn't joking Trolls have NO sense of humor
*pets the Troll*
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 22:29   #28
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Total mix, tis fun bunch tbh.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 14:34   #29
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

I think few are aware of what job 1up has actually done this round, they never had an straight out easy round, they held off alliances of 3-4x their member count and score aswell at times, managing to cover themselves with true confidence at most times, and never had any big slip ups to take in consideration.

1up faced a worse player base of Planetarion than in a long time, nevertheless the people and the anti 1uppers around in the universe are good, active and dedicated players, and there was ALOT of them aswell. So considering what 1up have been through, you may call it easy, but that is for one reason, and one reason only, 1up stands together now, without doubt stronger then their ever been.
Not only do they have the skills, they have the numbers it takes to hold off several allies almost of their own size at times, even for longer periods..

I pay my respects to Sid and his forces, you may all say its an easy victory, nonetheless I'm sure everyone in 1up knows they did more then "barely log into their accounts" to achieve what they did.

Good round 1up, lets hope you have tougher rounds to come, you proved once again you have the player skills, leader skills, but this round you also had the numbers within members, one can always say quality beats quantity, but what if quality comes in quantity?
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 16:52   #30
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

That's couse "die hard 1upers" like yourself, Skyhead, get into an alliance whitch just happens to have a nap with 1up.
And end up attacking anyone else than 1up, thus ofcourse helping 1up.

With enemies like you, Sid & co doesnt need friends.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 16:54   #31
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
That's couse "die hard 1upers" like yourself, Skyhead, get into an alliance whitch just happens to have a nap with 1up.
And end up attacking anyone else than 1up, thus ofcourse helping 1up.

With enemies like you, Sid & co doesnt need friends.
He did have a plan it just didnt as you might say go to plan

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 17:04   #32
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Aww, aint that cute.

SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 17:22   #33
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
He did have a plan it just didnt as you might say go to plan
Read: He ****ed up from the very start and failed badly. And made himself look like a idiot in the process.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 17:37   #34
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

Skyhead i totaly agree with u, the point is 1up do all these things and make it look so easy, they have loads of competition and time and time again they take them out quickly and efficiently, Exilition are currently the only group of the same calibre, which comes back to the fact 1up had the round sown-up from the start, yes they had to fight other allies off, but thats what they do best and without breaking a sweat. Exilition is needed to counter 1up.

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 17:41   #35
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

and to the person that gave me this unsigned neg rep
About HR: You're wrong, they merged their way up there. They would be FAR below if not.

Read the bit where i said

VGN and HR have both had performances below their abilities

then take a poker and shove it up ure derrier until u understand the fact ure a complete PILLOCK

good day sir

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 22:16   #36
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

I've not played this round but ive checked old sandmans most days and it didnt seem like 1up had as strong opposition as in previous rounds. I think that's why a few here have made comments implying they had it easy.

Maybe the amount of incomings was comparable to previous rounds but it doesn't seem as coordinated, organised or blatently lethal, as the bashing they faced last round. Ive not seen 1up take any considerable losses at all through the round, unless I missed a few days?:P

I also cant help but suspect 1up & ND have avoided each through some behind the scenes negotiations or just simple respect for sticking by each other for the last few rounds. I honestly dont mean this as a flame, although ive certainly talked about those 2 allies in the past in such ways;P

Thats total speculation on my part but not without some merit. Afaik 1up & ND ended official relations on good terms, NDs score is a great achievement but would they have this if 1up attacked them hard? I know 1up and ND will deny any kind of arrangment, hey i mean, if there WAS anything, only 1 or 2 players would know anyway. However 1up have stated already this round that they attack those who attack them, so ND only need to avoid 1up targets to cultivate a friendly status anyway, regardless of any sucky, sucky $5 (avoiding 1up like this is something ND have done in the past too I might add;P).

There also seems to have been a lot of hype over certain alliances, I dont know why because PA proves again and again how difficult it is for new alliances to survive without imploding. These new allies have been even more significant, as like EX previously, their pressence was seen as vital opposition to 1up. 1up being the default competition for #1, if they like it or not;P

Aha, ill stop there i think, this little tangent has spared me a few minutes of boredom, although probably at the expense of boring any readers \o/

R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 22:27   #37
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

There was definitely no co-operation with 1up at any stage of this round.

1up roided Gate, ND Mil HC.
Lok fleetcaught a 1up member.

The reason they didn't hit us, is because we were no problem to them at that stage, whilst LCH and friends were hitting them. The reason ND didn't hit 1up is because we didn't want the attention, we were happily collecting the easy roids whilst we were rebuilding, getting experience as a HC and closing the gap between us and the top alliances.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 23:06   #38
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
The reason they didn't hit us, is because we were no problem to them at that stage, whilst LCH and friends were hitting them. The reason ND didn't hit 1up is because we didn't want the attention, we were happily collecting the easy roids whilst we were rebuilding, getting experience as a HC and closing the gap between us and the top alliances.
Thats what i said:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by me!
However 1up have stated already this round that they attack those who attack them, so ND only need to avoid 1up targets to cultivate a friendly status anyway, regardless of any sucky, sucky $5 (avoiding 1up like this is something ND have done in the past too I might add;P).
See;P
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 23:27   #39
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
However 1up have stated already this round that they attack those who attack them, so ND only need to avoid 1up targets to cultivate a friendly status anyway, regardless of any sucky, sucky $5 (avoiding 1up like this is something ND have done in the past too I might add;P).
It was just a case that ND would hit whatever gals were fat. Whether they're 1up or not didn't matter. I remember roiding ComradeRob though.

So saying we avoided 1up targets is unfair, we were perfectly happy to be able to hit them without fear of major reprisal up until the last few days. Vulture like? Sure, but it was for the good of ND and at the time we didn't foresee the collapse of the 3 major alliances facing 1up, nor did we realise that Hydra weren't actually hitting 1up properly; but were instead hitting gals (not to take anything away from 1up. You are still by far the best alliance in the game and had a very rough time)
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 23:56   #40
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Aye i agree, just to clear things up a bit. I didnt mean to slander ND politics for letting 1up walk away with the round or anything like that. The aim of my post was to just throw some suggestions into the pot, as to why 1ups round has been easier then others.

As you say gate, 1ups main enemy wasn't stable or capable of taking them down over the long run. It hasnt helped that some perceived public enemies of 1up, were infact just your everyday roid hunters either!

Although maybe im wrong to judge 1up solely on their consistant growth on sandmans. Maybe they are just even better then before, rather than facing weaker competition. I think some would find the latter explanation the reason however, the percentage of alliances folding/ merging alongside those failing through inner turmoil has increased imo (certainly at the top of the food chain anyway). Well PA aint exactly showing signs of good health is it?:P
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 00:06   #41
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i played on my own this round, it was shit.
but my GC is one hell of a DC (pais)
I felt bad when my assignment slaughtered all his gryphons and all his terrand DE/Lancers. I heard he was a really nice guy
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 02:19   #42
virogenesis
Proud ex EnTitY bc

virogenesis is infamous around these partsvirogenesis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
/me shakes a fist
why you...
Because he has to get us back for hitting McFun the other day damn those were tasty roids its amusing sending BS fleets at ND & watching them flee.
How many roids did we cap again... most amusing thing is they knew we had strcture killers
10:04| »» <Vir> |10:02| »» <Zhil> Kj doesnt need taunting <---- true he only needs a mirror
|10:04| »» <Vir> |10:05| »» <Zhil> lol
|10:05| »» <Zhil> I just got the image |10:05| »» <Zhil> of KJ
|10:05| »» <Zhil> being a budgie |10:05| »» <Vir> lmao
|10:05| »» <Zhil> and going "Pretty FAnG boy!" |10:05| »» <Zhil> talking into the mirror |10:05| »» <Zhil> little bell "ding ding ding"
Former: TRG, SL, AIM, ND, G-ii, EtY, ICD [1up], ReUnioN
virogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 11:54   #43
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Skyhead i totaly agree with u, the point is 1up do all these things and make it look so easy, they have loads of competition and time and time again they take them out quickly and efficiently, Exilition are currently the only group of the same calibre, which comes back to the fact 1up had the round sown-up from the start, yes they had to fight other allies off, but thats what they do best and without breaking a sweat. Exilition is needed to counter 1up.
That has yet to be proven in a one on one, not in a exilition and the remaining universe's top alliances vs. 1up for most time of a round.

Not saying exilition is crap or anything, just saying they simply did not have the incoming 1up had that round
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 12:23   #44
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I've not played this round but ive checked old sandmans most days and it didnt seem like 1up had as strong opposition as in previous rounds. I think that's why a few here have made comments implying they had it easy.
It hasn't been easy. We've just basically gone out their and attacked to offset our incoming for the most part. There are a few nights where we lost heavily - but they rarely go for more than a couple of days as the enemy lost momemtum (and reason) to keep it up.

1up had 2999 covered defense calls last round - that excludes all our defense calls that went uncovered or simply werent reported. We passed 2500 this round a week or so ago.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 15:54   #45
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
1up had 2999 covered defense calls last round - that excludes all our defense calls that went uncovered or simply werent reported. We passed 2500 this round a week or so ago.
I dont think it would be as accurate to judge 1ups struggle based on those figures alone (just as it isnt using sandmans ofc). However, 1up did get hammered by a block last round over a short period of time, i dont know your system but im sure quite a number werent included?

The 2500 for this round, well stagnation is apparently here, so that total shouldnt rise that much further? Besides, quantity doesnt represent the quality of the incoming fleet and this relates to another issue that i mentioned. That 1ups opponents this round may not have been as organised, be that fleet composition wise or attack coordination.

You could have 3k different fleets incoming over two different rounds and each one you could finish at a different rank depending on stress levels (concentration of incoming, all at once or filtered) and the fleet comp (1k fi compared with 1k BS).

If anything, your 2999 for r13 & 2500 this round, coupled with sandmans history (ie 1ups relatively stable growth), maybe highlight what i've said further?
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 17:16   #46
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I dont think it would be as accurate to judge 1ups struggle based on those figures alone (just as it isnt using sandmans ofc). However, 1up did get hammered by a block last round over a short period of time, i dont know your system but im sure quite a number werent included?

The 2500 for this round, well stagnation is apparently here, so that total shouldnt rise that much further? Besides, quantity doesnt represent the quality of the incoming fleet and this relates to another issue that i mentioned. That 1ups opponents this round may not have been as organised, be that fleet composition wise or attack coordination.

You could have 3k different fleets incoming over two different rounds and each one you could finish at a different rank depending on stress levels (concentration of incoming, all at once or filtered) and the fleet comp (1k fi compared with 1k BS).

If anything, your 2999 for r13 & 2500 this round, coupled with sandmans history (ie 1ups relatively stable growth), maybe highlight what i've said further?
No, but the covered def calls combined with the amount of uncovered calls would tell the story Zhil is pointing at - sadly we don't have that number, but would love to supply it as it would show how many incoming fleets we had last round (it exceeds this round by far).
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 21:15   #47
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
No, but the covered def calls combined with the amount of uncovered calls would tell the story Zhil is pointing at - sadly we don't have that number, but would love to supply it as it would show how many incoming fleets we had last round (it exceeds this round by far).
What story do you think Zhil is telling? I read Zhils comments to imply that this round 1up have had a similar level of incoming and those stats were highlighted to back this up?

So when you say "no" in response to my open question but then agree with (as far as im concerned anyway..) your false reading of Zhils reply, well it seems contradictory to me?

Basically Heartless, do you think 1up have had an easier r14 or equal/ tougher round compared to r13?

And if you do think 1ups incomings in r13 far exceed this round, can you explain why you think my previous reply was wrong?

Thx:P
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 01:41   #48
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

You can't base difficulty on number of def calls alone... size of fleets might be different
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 03:43   #49
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

well over the period of a round the number of defense calls your alliance fades can be a tell tale sign of what you had to overcome throughout the round, as over the long term the fleet sizes will vary and are not quite as much a factor as they would be over say a one or two week period.

As for 1up this round, I don't personally believe the overall amount of incoming has been as concentrated (and fine tuned) as it was last round. Remember ofcourse that I was ND HC last round so only basing my opinion on heresay. The numbers do however reflect that 1up has had quite a lot, and over the entire round that incoming has come from everywhere. Some instances more concentrated than others.

We have done a fair job covering those incomings, as good a job as can be expected from an alliance with the level of ability 1up's players posess, in addition, we have a lot of good MO's who are capable of shaping defense fleets to more effiecently cover those incoming fleets. So not to waste fleet slots. And have built our defense fleets as players to more effectively do "1 fleet covers" as much as possible.

All these factors figure into to our overall score per player, and our lead. It's the total package that the universe see's on Sandman's. what may have been a rough night for 1up's MO's may not appear to be that to those not working the calls and fading the incoming fleets. So to best measure any alliances success or failure, Sandman's wouldn't be the best source in my opinion, allthough it's probably the best source available to all involved...it is subject at best.
In that respect, I tend to agree with Seth's accessment concerning incomings and the hurdles our alliances has had to jump over to achieve what we have in round 14..

Was this round more trying on 1up than 13?, I personally doubt it (again, remember I saw round 13's war from the ND defense/attack rooms, not 1ups) So I'm not the best source of verification on that, however I know the attacks from Exilition and company on ND last round were much more organized, fine tuned, and effective than what I've seen in the 1up defense room this round.

It's worth honorable mention also, that 1up has been able to roll with the punches effectively this round, as the political scene has changed a number of times, we've been able to stay on mission and be effective and efficient, regardless of where we decided the need was as far as our sortie's. This point also must be factored in when deciding how hard the round has been, as some night extremely effective attacks have overshadowed bad defense nights. So it may not look as bad (or trying) as it was on a particular night.
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 06:47   #50
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

While I can agree that 1up won this round deservedly, I cannot bring myself to brag about this win.

1up did never have any real competition this round. The fun thing about 1up is that they have way to much members. Gonna be interesting who's gonna be left out in the dark after this round.

Last edited by Kargool; 10 Sep 2005 at 07:28.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote