User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Mar 2006, 06:11   #201
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Ascendancy - winners of Round 16?

I really can't ever remember a round (and I've played since round 3) where a winning alliance was completely and whole heartedly accepted. Sure, XP may be unfair, and few of us in Ascendancy will deny that, but the fact is, we realized it and we used it. It's not cheating, it's not unfair, and quite frankly, none of us care what you think as far as how much we deserve this win. Rob, Dav, JBG, jester, everyone who started this and used it best outsmarted everyone else. I'm not surprised to see alliances such as 1up and ND be sore losers, its tough to lose a round. But whether or not you feel the winning alliance deserved it, it would be much more graceful to just state your complaints in a non-derogative manner, and give the winning alliance what it deserves.
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 06:26   #202
^MDK^MAN^
Registered kickass gamer

^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about^MDK^MAN^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez
I really can't ever remember a round (and I've played since round 3) where a winning alliance was completely and whole heartedly accepted. Sure, XP may be unfair, and few of us in Ascendancy will deny that, but the fact is, we realized it and we used it. It's not cheating, it's not unfair, and quite frankly, none of us care what you think as far as how much we deserve this win. Rob, Dav, JBG, jester, everyone who started this and used it best outsmarted everyone else. I'm not surprised to see alliances such as 1up and ND be sore losers, its tough to lose a round. But whether or not you feel the winning alliance deserved it, it would be much more graceful to just state your complaints in a non-derogative manner, and give the winning alliance what it deserves.
Ya a kick in the ass is what u deserve, or rather paypack next round biatch.. but then i guess all your members run away hiding as u got no honor to fight for the win or play in tag for that matter.

Ascen disband after this round or during next is my bet...
^MDK^MAN^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 06:29   #203
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You didn't read what I said, did you

Last edited by lokken; 11 Mar 2006 at 10:11.
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 08:29   #204
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Ascendancy won by exploiting the weak system, Jester made the stats, got every Ascendancy to play Terran, pretty much as when he made the stats and got everyone in 1up to play xans.

Can I make the stats next time?
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 08:35   #205
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
And another thing that strikes me is, you knew that nobody could hurt you guys, since you are all XP.. But still you didnt add 8 of your largest players before late in the round, how come?
Dramatic effect, oogie boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Ascendancy won by exploiting the weak system, Jester made the stats, got every Ascendancy to play Terran, pretty much as when he made the stats and got everyone in 1up to play xans.
Yeah, like in round 13 when I made stats and made everyone go Cath and 1up owned so bad!

Under half of Ascendancy are Terran and no one was ordered to take any race, quite the contrary. People kept asking me and I kept answering '**** off and go figure it out for yourself'.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:13   #206
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolez

I'm afraid that the day I accept Ascendancy is better than 1up as a fully functioning alliance is also the day I will have a mass orgy involving women.

You can be smug about your 'win' as much as you like. Trying to act like you outsmarted everyone else is a total insult to what you already know is a broken round - I know full well it was not a masterplan from jester or Rob and that the full extent of how broken it was didn't crop up till much later, so it'd be ace for you circle-jerkers to stop acting likt it was so much smarter.

Your alliance deserves nothing from me. Least of all should it deserve respect. So indeed, laugh about it all you like. Pat yourself on the back for the most ludricous and insultive victory for PA in it's history.

PS: This my own opinion, and not that of 1up of the rest of its council or membership.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:17   #207
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Ascen gets the "amusing stunt" award for sure. I'd still place 1up ahead of them though, despite the fact that 1up has annoyed the stuffing out of me for half of this round Hiding under a bash limit is no way to win a game imo.

I must admit I am curious how PA's numbers will be for the next round. I wouldn't be surprised if some folks quit over this {poor sports perhaps... or maybe rightfully annoyed at a mass flaunting of a flawed system by a fair number of normally respected players}.

I'm hoping this is not the case though.

Edit: On top of this... suggesting jester told others to exploit the system blah blah blah all his fault blah blah is just scapegoating. There's no point to it. Proving it isn't possible, and even then, they still didn't cheat. It's silly to even suggest it. I am curious how they managed to keep half of them from roiding the other half without SOME degree of coordination {thus perhaps application of the support planet rule? } but that is neither here nor there I guess.

Nolez, take your bragging and shove it. A bunch of your planets hiding underneath a bash limit for example gives you no right to brag. And, you may want to learn what you're talking about too. Winners have been accepted, some folks will be bitter, but in the end the victory can't really be denied. I doubt you care though as apparently you seem to think you can't be wrong.

Exilition. Few seem to like them, although it can't be denied that they played well in their rounds and simply won it.
1up. Not been labelled as cheats, cheapskates, or accused of mass exploitation of flaws. Can't be denied that they played their rounds well for the most part.
Eclipse. I hated them. I thought focht and co were full out wankers. Can't deny however that they played the game well, and won it as they should have {sans the ely incident }

Edit #2: "who cares what you think" You took off 1 whole rep point. Please don't hurt my feelings anymore.
Edit #3: Someone with a red blob got annoyed with me. I don't think I can take it anymore

Last edited by Squidly; 12 Mar 2006 at 02:54.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:40   #208
Dav

Dav will become famous soon enoughDav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
LMAO Kargool... thats why the TOP xan is an xp wh0re and in Ascendancy... you'd actually be suprised with the races we have

And iirc... DLR's member base is ALL terran - i think they spotted the stats aswell.

And as for taking it out on Jester for making the stats and us pwning?! Dont get me wrong but grow up guys. You all saw the stats, you all got to pick your race. And Jester didnt setup Ascendancy with the view of winning, it was just a bunch of us that went solo just to have a good laugh. I mean... playing without getting up at 3am to send defence is nice Anyway round isnt over yet. Maybe we can make the gap 100mil who knows ?
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:46   #209
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I must admit I am curious how PA's numbers will be for the next round. I wouldn't be surprised if some folks quit over this {poor sports perhaps... or maybe rightfully annoyed at a mass flaunting of a flawed system by a fair number of normally respected players}.

I'm hoping this is not the case though.
Im likewise concerned that people might give up playing the game over this, but only time will tell. Currently people are (understandably) annoyed with ascendancy, jester and pateam
  • ascendancy for doing it
  • jester for making the stats which allowed it
  • and pateam for dropping the ball on this round
if its justified to be annoyed at them is really a matter of opinion ; personally i dont think it is
  • theres nothing in the rules which prevents an alliance of xp whores ( though if they act as an alliance as a result is debatable )
  • theres no reason to blame jester for the stats since they are entirely public and visible to all. If they saw it then theres no reason others couldnt have
  • and well, everyone blames pateam for everything - it doesnt mean its justified
Time will tell though if people see this as the final straw for the game and leave, or an excuse to come back and oversee pateam so they dont miss something like this again
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:48   #210
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
He made comments, he didnt make comments, im getting confused?
he gave no help at all to the ascendancy players - just look at my planet
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 09:58   #211
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Not to troll or anything, but will we see DLR joining ND now just to mess with ascendancy's victory? Would be a good excuse to do it imo
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 10:00   #212
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
Not to troll or anything, but will we see DLR joining ND now just to mess with ascendancy's victory? Would be a good excuse to do it imo
no it wouldnt, because then the fury would be directed at ND too, and unless they dont want to play next round they'd get soundly thumped for it
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 10:15   #213
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Can I make the stats next time?
Much like we don't allow random accusations of cheating on AD we're not going to have this sort of discussion. It is neither the time nor the place. If you have concerns, take them up with pateam I imagine.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 10:15   #214
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I'm afraid that the day I accept Ascendancy is better than 1up as a fully functioning alliance is also the day I will have a mass orgy involving women.

You can be smug about your 'win' as much as you like. Trying to act like you outsmarted everyone else is a total insult to what you already know is a broken round - I know full well it was not a masterplan from jester or Rob and that the full extent of how broken it was didn't crop up till much later, so it'd be ace for you circle-jerkers to stop acting likt it was so much smarter.

Your alliance deserves nothing from me. Least of all should it deserve respect. So indeed, laugh about it all you like. Pat yourself on the back for the most ludricous and insultive victory for PA in it's history.

PS: This my own opinion, and not that of 1up of the rest of its council or membership.
Well, well.. We never pretended to be a "better" alliance than 1up, because we probably aren't. What we are though is playing the round 'smarter', and that is an undeniable fact (intentional or not).
Now I know Jester made the stats and all of that but he didn't help me ONE BIT with my tactics this round, and I think that counts for most if not all of the Ascendancy members. To not understand these stats you have to be challenged to say the least. So call it lazyness on your behalf for letting this happen to you or call it ludicrous if you want, but the win is as valid as any if we end at the top.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 10:27   #215
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

You shouldn´t. Ascendancy is not an alliance in the class of most other organised alliances. We just have a lot of fun.

Correct. We didn´t go into this round expecting to win. We did however go into the round planning to have as much fun as possible and frustrating as many alliances as possible. In this I think we succeeded.

We don´t ask for your respect or anyone elses.
We are not smarter than anyone else. We just had a round of fun playing an alternate way. Most of us has played at top level with the activity required. You know that as well.
This round was for most of us a breather from the strains playing in the traditional way.
I for one and probably more of us will be looking to be getting back in the normal style of playing next round, where this kind of playing will be diminished by either stats or rule changes.

*I am playing zik btw* Stealing is so much fun.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 10:43   #216
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well thanks to those who managed to show their restraint overnight. One chap was very close to getting himself banned, but all in all it only took me a couple of mins to mod this morning, so he's found me in a good mood.

From my point of view, Asc's rise up the rankings has been totally unintentional and unexpected. I certainly don't think jesterina told everyone to go with terran, as considering we were debating other combinations pre-round and that I chose xan on the basis that I wanted lots of terrans to hunt, I don't think there's been any wrongdoing on jesterina's part. For the record, the stats and the tendency to play for XP with terran was pretty obvious. Those in the ND command looking at this rounds stats (Gate especially) can recall our discussion on the stats pre round and I believe my conclusion was that "terran were as good as last round for XP, except with knobs on".

What is the key to ascendancy's success? Quite simply, we have a style of play where we don't get tired. We can pretty much launch day in day out, cap roids and we have the players who are more than capable of capping roids and harvesting XP day in, day out. It's very strange to be so far in the round yet to feel so fresh. If you looked at our memberlist, I think it's pretty much undeniable that we have wall to wall quality, whether we have earnt it or not.

While I can understand those who are obviously upset (having been robbed of victories quite a few times), I don't think we deserve the bile being thrown at us, certainly, as all we've been doing is playing our own way, within the rules. I don't claim Ascendancy as anything special or as having any divine right to win the round; we were just playing in a certain style and ended up in this position and there's nothing we can do about it, except keep on playing and finish the job. There are football fans who think their club has a divine right to win the league title, most who do end up potless. And to be honest, I don't think this is the first time or last time effort in PA will go unrewarded.

I still believe this is a problem that can be solved by minor fixes in stats, simply because it is terran at the core of the "XP whoring" problem and that they are just not amenable to defend against. The guy who is xan at the top is having a pretty exceptional round because from playing the same race as him, playing his way with Xan is ****ing hard. I've criticised (privately) the armor of terran from day 1 and I don't think it was without good reason. However, I am no stats expert and I am not the nominated person to decide these things, so I accept the decisions of others.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 10:59   #217
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

why the need to "hide" 8 planets then? if it's "just for fun"
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:00   #218
MaVeRiXX
PornStar

MaVeRiXX is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
that really would piss people off. Even make players leave the game
I really regret i signend in this round after seeing most of my PA friends leaving. tbh I blame each and everyone of you who made me play this round!!

btw: Dav, wtf not warning me to xpwhoring also??!! :crymeariver:

Soaring where Angels fear to Fly
MaVeRiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:03   #219
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
To be honest, I don´t know.

A theory could be, that if we were well ahead 3 weeks ago, wouldn´t the uproar on the boards be even bigger, and some wars not be played out ?

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:03   #220
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As quite frankly, attracting your attention is far too much effort.

Sleep first, planetarion second.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:05   #221
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
As quite frankly, attracting your attention is far too much effort.

Sleep first, planetarion second.
that's a bullshit answer
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:06   #222
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
To be honest, I don´t know.

A theory could be, that if we were well ahead 3 weeks ago, wouldn´t the uproar on the boards be even bigger, and some wars not be played out ?
you would have rightly been the target of alliances making an attempt to catch you, instead of hiding out under the radar ....pretty weak tbh
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:07   #223
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
you would have rightly been the target of alliances making an attempt to catch you, instead of hiding out under the radar ....pretty wimpy tbh
"The weak in courage is strong in cunning."
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:08   #224
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
"The weak in courage is strong in cunning."
another bullshit answer
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:10   #225
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"The early worm is for the birds."
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:11   #226
Banned
Banned

Quote:
another bullshit answer
I thought it was a pretty apt quote. We did something smart because we weren't in any way prepared to meet anyone in full on combat. Mind you I can't take credit for it. It was one of the hiding planets that suggested it.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:11   #227
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
that's a bullshit answer
sadly it is a true one.

PA has not had one iota of an effect on me having 8 hours sleep when offered the chance and I think my colleagues will pretty much approve anything that results in that right being preserved for themselves.

As always, I fit PA around sleeping, because it makes sense to do so, as stamina > * for this game, as not only is it a more productive way of playing, it's a far more healthy and convenient way - even when I've been playing for ND.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:18   #228
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I tried to get a rl m8 of mine to play this round. It was hard to get him back - but I sort of managed - untill I told him that "u cant attack top players or the guys roiding u all the time, their value is too low" and he went.. "WTF is up with PA. PA used to be the best game ever. now its wank. no way I m paying for this"

Think many of the new players that PA got back bcause of this round being free wont stay for next round- as this just isnt in the spirit of Planetarion. - Nor in any other similar game afaik.

GG to Ascendancy though I think its weird that its possible to make stats and then lead an alliance / be a part of forming it. If u know the stats r too xp friendly - they should have been fixed.... And I KNOW that players in ascendancy were told to go for XP. Who they were told from I dont know, and ofc they werent forced to do it - but all there knew xp hoeing would get them far - that it would get them this far; I doubt.

Never thought I d say this..but imo 1up deserve the win the most this round.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:22   #229
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
And I KNOW that players in ascendancy were told to go for XP.
Ehm... noone was told to go for xp. We were always free to decide the route we were going to take. Ascendancy was created with a "relaxing round" atmosphere in mind, and we certainly never thought we would end up on top.
Personally I was idle the first 100 ticks, then went scanner and eventually I started xp whoreing.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:25   #230
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tried to get a rl m8 of mine to play this round. It was hard to get him back - but I sort of managed - untill I told him that "u cant attack top players, their value is too low" and he went.. "WTF is up with PA. PA used to be the best game ever. now its wank. no way I m paying for this"

Think many of the new players that PA got back bcause of this round being free wont stay for next round- as this just isnt in the spirit of Planetarion. - Nor in any other similar game afaik.

GG to Ascendancy though I think its weird that its possible to make stats and then lead an alliance / be a part of forming it. If u know the stats r too xp friendly - they should have been fixed.... And I KNOW that players in ascendancy were told to go for XP. Who they were told from I dont know, and ofc they werent forced to do it - but all there knew xp hoeing would get them far - that it would get them this far; I doubt.

Never thought I d say this..but imo 1up deserve the win the most this round.
We weren't told anything tbh. It was until yesterday that I heard we got 'HC' and come on Wish, 1. round is free 2. if he joined mid/lateround it wouldn't have any difference on his planet.
Don't make up stories, I highly doubt many new players will quit because of the XPwhoring.
Also what I don't get is why everyone is whining about us using the XP while EVERYONE could've seen it, with or without jester. DLR left ND to go for XP for example.
I do understand that it sucks big time when you've put alot of time in this round, ofcourse it does. But you can hardly blame us for that.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:26   #231
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
Ehm... noone was told to go for xp. We were always free to decide the route we were going to take. Ascendancy was created with a "relaxing round" atmosphere in mind, and we certainly never thought we would end up on top.
Personally I was idle the first 100 ticks, then went scanner and eventually I started xp whoreing.
hehe - the entire concept was to gather peopel more or less going for xp. And people were told that it was smart to xp hoe. Ofc I know this, wouldnt posted this if I hadnt had people tell me so / read logs.

And also as I stated - ofc u werent FORCED - but its just stupid to go for value in an only attack alliance if u may call ascendancy an alliance that is...

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:27   #232
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
hehe - the entire concept was to gather peopel more or less going for xp. And people were told that it was smart to xp hoe. Ofc I know this, wouldnt posted this if I hadnt had people tell me so / read logs.

And also as I stated - ofc u werent FORCED - but its just stupid to go for value in an only attack alliance if u may call ascendancy an alliance that is...
Then we have a few stupid people on board I guess.. We aren't all out xp atm.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:29   #233
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Winning isn't everything guys
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:29   #234
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

We've got a few players fairly high up on value actually. I wonder about your logs to be honest. We all realised xp-whoring would be pretty effective early on but it wasn't the case that we were positive pre-round and forced everyone to do it.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:31   #235
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Please tell the xp whores hitting me that im low on value then?

thanks.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:31   #236
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Winning isn't everything guys

herasy! Burn him!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:33   #237
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
We weren't told anything tbh. It was until yesterday that I heard we got 'HC' and come on Wish, 1. round is free 2. if he joined mid/lateround it wouldn't have any difference on his planet.
Don't make up stories, I highly doubt many new players will quit because of the XPwhoring.
Also what I don't get is why everyone is whining about us using the XP while EVERYONE could've seen it, with or without jester. DLR left ND to go for XP for example.
I do understand that it sucks big time when you've put alot of time in this round, ofcourse it does. But you can hardly blame us for that.
about we werent told part - just replied to.

round is free: hence it was important that it should be a nice round, so that the people we got back would stay for next. Would be better if htis happened in a paid round imo.

I dont make up stories, I got him back tried to learn him the basic concepts of how PA is working now, but when I explained xp / value system he just went. bah..I cba this is shit.

If ALL could c it, then the stats r shit. enough said. The fact that people dont want to play like xp hoe doesnt mean they didnt c the stats were bad - and KNOW that if they wanted high rank they should go for it. I knew xp hoeing would be good - but I m zik value hoe till I stop play.

I have not placed alot of effort into this round. I was sick for the first 2-3 weeks of the round. I never had any hopes of ending top 10 tbh.

I can blame anyone

Quote:
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:37   #238
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
We've got a few players fairly high up on value actually. I wonder about your logs to be honest. We all realised xp-whoring would be pretty effective early on but it wasn't the case that we were positive pre-round and forced everyone to do it.

The majority of ur players r xp hoes. I know u got some value players.

Wonder as much as u like, and as I ve said (2-3 times already - read up plz) - no one forced anyone, but all knew what the majority would do and what would be smartest in an all out attack alliance.

Quote:
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:45   #239
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

antigone, at the top of this page. what i said was true they do deserve it. and now they got it. they look like they are keeping it
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:46   #240
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

This could've been achieved just the same last round if such a group had formed up to do it. The key point hasn't been the stats, (What's made that look like the obvious choice (in my opinion) is that many of the players at the top this round have been very traditional value players in the past, upsetting the balance further), it's been the alliance limit. It's very difficult to set up such a community when you're aiming for ~60+ players.

Ask people like Jackie, Rob, 1:10 in general R13, who've played with an alternate style in the past (in 1:10's case because they had to)..

What people are really moaning about is that a group (and others) actually tried to do it and made it happen.

I have no doubts the same memberbase with a 55 man limit in R15 would've achieved the same results. R14's more difficult because XP based players depend on other battles continuing past mid round.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:46   #241
Wishmaster
LDK

ofc they r keepingit. How can u take down xp based alliance?

Quote:
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:52   #242
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only way to beat Ascendancy is to blackmail them with those compromising pictures of their members and certain animals/vegetables.

To the photo-developers, Robin!

Dinna dinna daaaaaaaaah!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:53   #243
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

And the point Wishy, is that Ascendancy weren't *trying* to be anything. That's where your wrong. You suggest they even if they hadn't some great strategy to win, they must have realised at some point that changing tact from previous rounds could benefit them greatly so they might win or whatever..

That's just not the case, it was no one's aim to win, that's just how it worked out.

As for the 8-man out of the tag thing, that runs in line with their low key presence all round, it's not at all suprising. We're two weeks from the end, it was the sensible thing to do.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 11:59   #244
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
And the point Wishy, is that Ascendancy weren't *trying* to be anything. That's where your wrong. You suggest they even if they hadn't some great strategy to win, they must have realised at some point that changing tact from previous rounds could benefit them greatly so they might win or whatever..

That's just not the case, it was no one's aim to win, that's just how it worked out.
Quote:
What people are really moaning about is that a group (and others) actually tried to do it and made it happen.

U tried to make it happen - but yet u werent trying?

Also - where did I post that Ascendency went for #1? I posted that it is an xp based alliance based on the shit xp formula and imo bad stats. Not all went for it, but ofc u guys didnt plan to play conventional this round.

Quote:
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 12:05   #245
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I've said it before, but the stats haven't made any difference (to me at least). I finished 48th last round with the same fleet that I have now. I'm 33rd atm but I expect to fall to something close to my rank from last round before the round ends.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 12:22   #246
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
U tried to make it happen - but yet u werent trying?

Also - where did I post that Ascendency went for #1? I posted that it is an xp based alliance based on the shit xp formula and imo bad stats. Not all went for it, but ofc u guys didnt plan to play conventional this round.
Two different things:

They tried to set up an alliance without conventional alliance policies.

They didn't try to create an xp whore alliance.

I.e you didn't say they went for first place, but you said they based their alliance on the stats (as most top alliances do to a degree every round, 1up/exilition included. whether by simply putting up imbalance to show members the problem or by directing them) when actually Ascendancy didn't/didn't need to because it had nothing to do with their aims.

As Desse said, they set out to create a community and enjoy themselves (playing planetarion!). Something I consider very few others have managed in the last year or so I've been back..

Last edited by bwtmc; 11 Mar 2006 at 12:29.
bwtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 12:32   #247
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

bwtmc ftw
Clearly they played best by the stats that was given, just like DLR, maybe not xpwhoreing, but kinda more roid whoring, since they round has been about haveing roids, and just getting more roids.
Ascedancy clearly have figured the point about just roiding this round, wich was kinda more a PR round from my point of view, bring back some of the forgotten fun about PA, just to roid the **** out of all that could be roided
Oh, I still say value ftw !
Just maybe not the higest posible value this round, more the needed value to cap roids at the best posible xp ratio :-)
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 12:42   #248
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Much like we don't allow random accusations of cheating on AD we're not going to have this sort of discussion. It is neither the time nor the place. If you have concerns, take them up with pateam I imagine.
Ofc u would say that.

Anyways, this is not the battlegroups fault, its the mess the PA crew made for themselves, and yes, alot of players are considering leaving. And for the first time I am not trying to get people to reconsider leaving the game.

I sure hope there will be a value ranking on the game ending listing. Because that is what I rank the alliances after.. Not what some gang of selfish bastards did to abuse the game. Infact, I promise to give 3 credits to the alliance who has the highest value at the round end. Because that alliance will be the actual winner of this round.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 12:46   #249
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Ofc u would say that.
I am almost getting tired of referencing this website but oh well just one more time!
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 12:59   #250
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

Congrats Ascendancy on winning the round i would just like to make a few points.

1) Can ppl stop flaming Then for winning however despicable or unjust it may have been in YOUR opinion not mine i owuld like to add.

Ascendany won by using the rules to their advantage, defeding people is pointless in this round unless you can get an amazing fleetcatch and smash their value and that is only if they have a big value.

Plus even if they do have a big value the chance is that they are 3 flleting and thus making it unlikley you can catch more that 33% of their fleet.

2) I would like to say that this does make a mockery of the idea of an alliance the idea being defending as well as attacking im mot even sure if ascendany even have a defence channel lol.

3) I spoke to chipZ on irc i stupidly i got his alliance incorrect as my intel must have been slighly out of date and Newdawn had a NAP with then so i politely infomred him of this and i thus found out that i had his alliance incorrect, Chipz then pasted the fleet he was sending telling me that he was crashing it and could i please destroy it as his value was to big and the dangerous people could attack him? im sorry i know this is tactics having a small value but still the game is ruined if ure attackers paste there fleet telling you this.

3) I know people will somply say that im whining when i say this but there has been no war no politics this round besides ND and allies VS 1up which admitadly the AD discussion was amazing theres no taslk of who can take down ascendany or what to do about it simply because 2nd and 3rd place arnt XP magnets like you guys im pretty sure i probably could only attack 4-5 of you admitadly thats because my value is to high makking me get less XP. I know that ppl will say your bad, but i NEED a big value to defend in my alliance.

4) The main sad point of this is that i originally thought that 1up or ND would win possibly subh if they beat 1up in the original attack. and i was satisified with this the top 100 comprimises mainly on XP planets and the alliances are top because of their ablity to defend. Now were introudced with an XP alliance winning i feel this is SAD as it has stripped 1up of what should have been thier round. (im sure ascendany will say im just annoyed because they won but im not it was near impossible for ND to take down 1up)

5) I hope that ppl have learnt that defending is 100% pointless in this round unless your fleet returns when sum1 attacking you lands on your planet and that is ONLY if your attacked is a n00b and cant battle calc. ive spend hours dcing and now i think for what it was fun originally but now i do feel cheated with doing defcall for ppl when Ascendany paste our defBOT with the fleet their sending so that they can lose their value COME ON guys this has ruined the round.

6) Im sorry 1up what was your round has been stolen in my opinion admitadly by people who possibly just used the rules and calcualtions to the extreme. However perhaps I wish that maybe i had just thought of this and just 3 waves every night not defining in gal or in alliance.

7)How can bwtmc say that they were creating a community???? you go into your private irc channel and go YES im being attacked tonight ill lose some value and some roids but its all good it means i max cap and max XP 3 times?? how is that a community please elaborate.

8) yes well done for winning you won by hiding planets and taging up which if you check the 1up vs ND discussion some of you guys said that ND were going to do this will DLR ans this idea was dispicable? again please dont change your views half way through a round because your winning.

overall congrats on winning but the main question is does the way you won leave ppl feel cheated i knowe you own but do you guys think ppl will quit because of this?

-Error-

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote