User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Dec 2005, 22:20   #201
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Kingmakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
snip
Im not flaming just posting, I also pos repped you for your original post as I thought it was well made. That isnt flaming imo but well each to there own.

Back to the point ofc I know you have all been playing since the beginning, what I was implying was as an alliance you are relatively new. The characters of your alliance are only just emerging on AD. 1up is in its fifth round, well ND has been here since time begun and Angels as a unit have been around for ages, hence why posters of such alliances are known and accepted.

Also people might not post on AD but it gets read for example has been read 3915 times. Which indicates to me that the community do care about AD, I guess why both you and me are sitting here posting.
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 22:33   #202
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
As u r forbidden to disguss individual cases in public, I will resist the temptation and not go into details here either of any of those cases unless I get a permission from those involved. However if u contact me @ irc we can go through on a few that ur already more than aware of, rather than throwing the curtains down. Btw I don't c how rl friends would bother falsing logs of convo with u just to make u look biased /& incompitent.

ps. I never said being biased equals to criminal activity.
{I put the non-implications of being a criminal in there just so I wouldn't inadvertently offend anyone, as gosh knows, I've accidentally implied things I never really meant to before. Right mazz? :eek:}

(I am not squishy, and thus do not know a great deal about the specific workings of closings just for the record )

Heh, I may take you up on that offer tbh... I still stand by the idea that MH don't close people without bloody good reasons or suspicions... /me reserves further comment till I hop on irc
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 22:42   #203
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Squidly get back in your tank!
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2005, 22:54   #204
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
The fact your English isn't very spot-on doesn't exactly help you, either.

(not supposed to be a criticism, just saying)
Even so, we should accomodate users whatever their level of english. It does make sense, hence I don't see the problem.

The post is not against the rules, regardless of its quality.
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 03:59   #205
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
The fact your English isn't very spot-on doesn't exactly help you, either.

Even if you had the most intelligent and interesting things to say, a lot of people will skimread over your posts because they're quite hard to understand as they don't flow well

(not supposed to be a criticism, just saying)

So 1up win at AD cos they are probably high % people speaking queens english?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 04:00   #206
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Yes.. Discussion over!

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 06:53   #207
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Sadly you are spot on. The main difference between 1up posters (not just 1up, but they have the strongest team of well written posters) and others is that they hide their posts behind well written/structured english. This has many subtle psychological effects, but the main difference is that it makes the posts far easier to understand and extract a meaning from.

This does not mean 1up posters are superior to anyone else in the game, it just means they have a better understanding of the english language or put far more effort into constructing their posts (as they see the value of doing so).

Sorry to further derail the thread, this is an interest of mine so I could not resist.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 07:18   #208
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
I still stand by the idea that MH don't close people without bloody good reasons or suspicions... /me reserves further comment till I hop on irc
While I am sure, as you clearly know, that is a distinct possability it is not the only possability (that people lie about why they were closed and the conversations with MH).

Take for example the general round to round arguements over which alliances are working with each other. Specificly since Planetarion became more fluid this has been a hot topic. A lot of this is based from peoples experiences. By this I mean seeing patterns in incomming and that sort of thing. Just as this can be correct it can also be wrong. This situation arises because it is very difficult to obtain proof (Like a command level spy). Often the best hope people have is to make assumptions.

The same thing can be said about the job MHs face. Especially these days it is very hard to find proof of a clever cheat (if not impossible). This means to be able to have an impact assumptions need to be made. Any situation like this creates room for error. Specially when combined with the human nature to see patterns where there are none.

Unread 9 Dec 2005, 09:00   #209
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

so, are multihunters the kingmakers?
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 10:00   #210
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
First of all I don't think it bothers many of us much wether we've earned ur respect or not.
Secondly when u talk about arrogance, well I remember reading a post by pig saying 1up has earned their rights for being arrogant playing and yes winning great many of the past rounds. However a statement coming from 1up saying basicly any1 non-1up posting on these forums is arrogant is all and nothing but just that, in mirrow-reflect kinda sense of meaning.
I never said anything about all non 1up posters, I said it about two exil poster in particular and being as me trying to be polite and respectful towards exilition as a whole didn't go down too well then I'll put it in far more industrious terms for you:

exil are a good alliance who deserve to be respected in the game but max and skyhead make you sound like a bunch of ****s - easier to understand?

Quote:
By the end of day I would guess the members of eXilition r just way too modest to match with fameseeking 1up comrades. Most of us want to prove ourselves, only rather to ourselves than the wide community who's respects rather go to ppl typing a lot of letters instead of coordinates.
For the most part modesty is definately something a few of your posters don't suffer from. They are far too busy shouting about how they have "pwned 1up". I find this needless gloating for something you haven't managed without a swathe of flak fairly laughable and well worthy of huge contempt.

Quote:
What comes to as u'd call "unbiased" admins. Well well, I've witnessed cases where eXilition planets have been closed for: breaking rules that didn't yet exist, planet being held closed after multihunter admitting the planet in question didn't cheat but thinkin it's alliance must have. Attack fleets that have been captured in exchange for roids being erased. Etc. Those r just a few incidents that im aware/that cross in mind without having to dig up. In sum of those cases when admins admitting/not being able to make a case, the players have been opened only after they've threatened to write a complaint letter to Jolt. It's sad bothways. But saying it didn't happen is even more sad. I'll just say I'm really proud for every1 in my alliance tolerating the prejudice and abuse instead of giving up. Maybe, just maybe if u were handed out the same treatment u might whine abit also
I suppose we'll b waiting for that evidence of mass-scale cheating until the very end of our existance. In the meanwhile, happy hunting o//
As Squidly said, the multihunters don't discuss cases with anyone but the people involved so the age old shout of "I'VE BEEN FRAMED GUV!!!1111" doesn't really cut it as far as I'm concerned

As far as your posts goes, you sound like a less annoying version of Skyhead and Max. I'd leave the posting to people like Basse, bwtmc and Chipz^ if I were you.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 10:40   #211
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I never said anything about all non 1up posters, I said it about two exil poster in particular and being as me trying to be polite and respectful towards exilition as a whole didn't go down too well then I'll put it in far more industrious terms for you:

exil are a good alliance who deserve to be respected in the game but max and skyhead make you sound like a bunch of ****s - easier to understand?
Ty. I encourage u to ignore posts by posters u don't like (keeps ur mental health in higher level).

Quote:
For the most part modesty is definately something a few of your posters don't suffer from. They are far too busy shouting about how they have "pwned 1up". I find this needless gloating for something you haven't managed without a swathe of flak fairly laughable and well worthy of huge contempt.
All in all I have to disagree there, imo most of the members of eXilition haven't been shouting out our superiority against 1up or other alliance (ok, maybe few exceptions excluded). Altho I do find it abit amusing however, that everytime eXilition enters a round 1up happens not to play to it's fullest ability. Atleast this time around u can't exactly say u didn't have time or the will to prepare etc. Perhaps I wasn't the only1 who made the observation, ah well...

Quote:
As Squidly said, the multihunters don't discuss cases with anyone but the people involved so the age old shout of "I'VE BEEN FRAMED GUV!!!1111" doesn't really cut it as far as I'm concerned
Again, 1up knows it the best.

Quote:
As far as your posts goes, you sound like a less annoying version of Skyhead and Max. I'd leave the posting to people like Basse, bwtmc and Chipz^ if I were you.
Sorry if I'm infiltrating ur playground. I just find it abit contradicting, for being encouraged to take more active part here and told to "piss off" at the same time by the same punch of ppl. Take ya time to make up ur minds, I'll just stay confused in the meanwhile.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 10:57   #212
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Ty. I encourage u to ignore posts by posters u don't like (keeps ur mental health in higher level).
When it's flaming caps accross my screen quoting me then I tend not to ignore it

Quote:
All in all I have to disagree there, imo most of the members of eXilition haven't been shouting out our superiority against 1up or other alliance (ok, maybe few exceptions excluded).
I did say only a minority of posters. I'm particularly focussing on skyhead and max for this portion of the thread, just to make it clear.

Quote:
Altho I do find it abit amusing however, that everytime eXilition enters a round 1up happens not to play to it's fullest ability. Atleast this time around u can't exactly say u didn't have time or the will to prepare etc. Perhaps I wasn't the only1 who made the observation, ah well...
I think you'll be struggling to find a post from 1up HC this round claiming we weren't prepared so to me thats a false observation. We were prepared just fine, we just haven't performed as well as we wanted to, but that thats life and PA, not an excuse. Round 13 this is definately the case. 1up's preperation was just plain awful and we were in no state to mount any serious challenge in the early part of the round when it really counts.

Quote:
Sorry if I'm infiltrating ur playground. I just find it abit contradicting, for being encouraged to take more active part here and told to "piss off" at the same time by the same punch of ppl. Take ya time to make up ur minds, I'll just stay confused in the meanwhile.

You see, this was a decently structured and whinge free post imo and therefore a good thing for exil and AD in general and something that should be encouraged, wheras the previous post seemed, to me, to be nothing more than moaning about multihunters again and trying to flame 1up whilst not bothering to bother giving justification apart from a quote taken massively out of context.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 11:39   #213
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

on a less related note can the person who send me

"eX should bad people from posting"

please send a PM/mail/rep explaining what he meant? :/

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 12:50   #214
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I'd leave the posting to people like Basse, bwtmc and Chipz^ if I were you.

<3 mazz <3
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 13:33   #215
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
<3 mazz <3
The cheque had better be in the post

Quote:
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 13:54   #216
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
on a less related note can the person who send me

"eX should bad people from posting"

please send a PM/mail/rep explaining what he meant? :/
I suspect that person meant to say ban. Unfortunately, as 1up has proved quite well over the last few rounds, banning members from posting doesn't really help much. All you can do is make sure the good posters are more interesting and widely read than the bad ones.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2005, 18:07   #217
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX

Btw, how on earth could you “allow” a guy like Kj to post in here, hes the one who makes Angels look bad you know?
Everyone is entitled to post on AD.
Unread 10 Dec 2005, 11:00   #218
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

certain people need to stop being pedantic scum on people who's first language isn't english. i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm all for general pedantry on people who attempt subtle "PROPAGANDA" etc(and generally come off as exquisite twats), not every post needs to be in the same manner as yours, they may just want to make a point or two they hold clear.

edit: oh the irony - corrected a grammatic error.

Last edited by _ryzekiel_; 10 Dec 2005 at 11:49.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 02:39   #219
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
All in all I have to disagree there, imo most of the members of eXilition haven't been shouting out our superiority against 1up or other alliance (ok, maybe few exceptions excluded). Altho I do find it abit amusing however, that everytime eXilition enters a round 1up happens not to play to it's fullest ability. Atleast this time around u can't exactly say u didn't have time or the will to prepare etc. Perhaps I wasn't the only1 who made the observation, ah well...

eX' timing on what round to play is also a factor, like choosing a round after a 1up win everytime.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 10:19   #220
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
eX' timing on what round to play is also a factor, like choosing a round after a 1up win everytime.
everytime?
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 10:25   #221
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
everytime?
can safely say 100% of the time. (though NOT that many times. but still 100%)*

*math
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 10:50   #222
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
well thing is 1up always wins except when eX plays
so automatically every time eX doesnt exist yet or takes a break 1up will win

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 11:48   #223
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
predicting who will win a round is a little more complex then "if exilition plays, 1up doesnt win"
you give yourselves far too much credit for the (relatively poor) performance of 1up in both r13 and this round.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 12:06   #224
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
predicting who will win a round is a little more complex then "if exilition plays, 1up doesnt win"
you give yourselves far too much credit for the (relatively poor) performance of 1up in both r13 and this round.
i never said 1up doesnt win *because* eX plays i said 1up dont win when eX wins. thats an observational fact. you assume to much :/

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 12:17   #225
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
This is only the second round eXi is playing so its a bit early to make these assumptions. 1up have Angels, LCH and ND above them atm, how do you know they won't beat 1up next round if eXi don't play?
Yeah 1up did win R12 with all 3 of them playing, but all 3 have vastly improved since then.
Angels did well in R13 and this round.
ND rebuilt last round and did respectfully and are playing pretty well this round.
LCH are rebuilding this round after last round's collapse and are doing it very well.
1up won the 2 rounds before eXi existed because of the lack of skill elsewhere in the universe, they were a step above the rest of the allies. In R13, eXi came and were at the same stage, and Angels also reached that stage.
The only round that eXi has taken a break was a summer round where too many alliances collapsed and 1up's only real competition was an ally whic was rebuilding itself. Now there is more competition for 1up, I'm sure that the next round eXilition will sit out will be far from an easy 1up victory like last round.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 12:49   #226
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
i never said 1up doesnt win *because* eX plays i said 1up dont win when eX wins. thats an observational fact. you assume to much :/
No shit Sherlock, how long did it take you to realize that alliance A doesn't win when someone else but alliance A wins?

Edit: In order not to appear flaming I will explicitely state what I am digging at with this comment:

What did you want to tell us with your original statement then? If it's not what Phil assumes it's just pointless and useless drivel from your side.

Last edited by Heartless; 11 Dec 2005 at 12:57.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 14:19   #227
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
A little more complex, but not much more. 1up have had a huge advantage in ability on all levels of the game for a long time, most importantly command. Exi playing gave Planetarion the long needed competition after some rather dull rounds (dull concerning the fight for victory). However Angels seem to of done a pretty decent job of building on what they had over the rounds (and NewDawn too, but not to the same extent) which now leaves rounds far less certain in my opinion.

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 14:21   #228
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
A little more complex, but not much more. 1up have had a huge advantage in ability on all levels of the game for a long time, most importantly command. Exi playing gave Planetarion the long needed competition after some rather dull rounds (dull concerning the fight for victory). However Angels seem to of done a pretty decent job of building on what they had over the rounds (and NewDawn too, but not to the same extent) which now leaves rounds far less certain in my opinion.
Additionally I would factor in a 1up which is far weaker than it was r11/12.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 15:08   #229
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
No shit Sherlock, how long did it take you to realize that alliance A doesn't win when someone else but alliance A wins?

exactly
thats what i been trying to explain before but people didnt get it so i clearify it but people dont get that either

what a sad world

Unread 11 Dec 2005, 17:22   #230
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

In an attempt to clear up the confusion I *think* this was what rikard is getting at:

"ex only plays after a 1up victory"

"well... since 1up's won EVERY round where ex DIDN'T play, what the point of that last statement?"

But because of the way it was worded it (unintentionally) sounded like:

"everytime ex plays, 1up will automatically lose cos we r0x0r!!!1"
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 17:54   #231
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

1up havent been playing very good this round. Allthough I can guess u guys have had alot of incomings, I can only begin to wonder why 1up isnt doing as good as their memberbase is capable of. And I think tbh that 1up needs to do some radical changes to get their players interested in the game again.

I dont want to speculate more as to why 1up has done such a poor round. Its not my place to do so, but I sure hope to see a more competative 1up in the future.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 18:46   #232
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Performance of all alliance arent really linked to their HC or their members mainly, lets say you take a top alliance with actives and skilled players. Lets say that this alliance get inbound from several alliances (more than 2 or 3) for more than few weeks, the fact they lose roids and arent capable to hold theses roids is a key factor in their success. No Arbiter/tools/Great DC/Great BC can stop this.

Not having the said roids to generate the required income to grow a value is very important at the begining of the round, then the priority switch to XP when it come to end of round when everyone go for a sprint for top spots and score.

1up had to face several alliance focusing on them for a long period, no matter what happened, i dont think any other alliance would came back and step back on their feets after the beating they took.

Imagine that you are a kid at school, and that everyday a big guy come with his friends and take the money you got to buy yourself lunch. Imagine that he does this for few weeks. you have several options on how to react:

1) go and look for yourself some big kids from the block to help you next time he come to visit you.
2) go and look for yourself lot of little kids from the block to help you next time he come to visit you.
3) let him take the money and after 3 weeks be so weak you cant do anything and get hospitalized for malnutrition.
4) Fight back everytime he come and eventually he will go after some other kids sometime when he cant be arsed to fight for the few dollars.
5) run away.

1up fought back every time they got a beating, every time they got back on their feet to steal back the roids they lost and minimize the roid loss. It take some kind of spirit for an alliance to continue to fight when you know that you wont win the round (and believe me I knew that they wouldnt win the round at mid-round with the amount of incoming they received).

1up maybe didnt perform rank wise as good as everyone expected. On overall if you count:
- The fact they played all round without taking some breaks to "Refuel" their spirits
- The fact they won 3 rounds so far.
- They received more incomings than any other alliances out there.
- They still have this aura that 'scare' the other alliance.
- They knew they couldnt win anymore but persevered and are still playing.

I think we can say that 1up performed well and are performing well and are still in a position that can change the outcome of the round.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 18:56   #233
Heartless

Quote:
Funny how people can anonymously negrep this with "what a ****ing bad excuse" - it's a simple fact which ain't as super obvious as Rikard's thus I thought it'd require mentioning.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 19:18   #234
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Funny how people can anonymously negrep this with "what a ****ing bad excuse" - it's a simple fact which ain't as super obvious as Rikard's thus I thought it'd require mentioning.
Lets twist things abit around shall we, there is no denying in that 1up had its better days, but how do you think R11 or R12s 1up would perform in this very uni that we're playing a part of now?

*This doesn't mean I don't think you are a good ally as of today, becuase you really are, and you've shown me several times now that you are players\warrior that plays the game for itself, and not to take the win and honor (although that is the ultimate goal ofc, for every single ally ; )

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 19:25   #235
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
Lets twist things abit around shall we, there is no denying in that 1up had its better days, but how do you think R11 or R12s 1up would perform in this very uni that we're playing a part of now?

*This doesn't mean I don't think you are a good ally as of today, becuase you really are, and you've shown me several times now that you are players\warrior that plays the game for itself, and not to take the win and honor (although that is the ultimate goal ofc, for every single ally ; )
You failed getting my point. I was pointing out that it was a fact I was stating, not an excuse.

For R11 / R12 and R13 to R15 1up I can only compare internal activity, which was much higher for the first two rounds than any round after; we've constantly been experiencing a drop in the amount of uber-active players for several reasons.
Unread 11 Dec 2005, 19:38   #236
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You failed getting my point. I was pointing out that it was a fact I was stating, not an excuse.

For R11 / R12 and R13 to R15 1up I can only compare internal activity, which was much higher for the first two rounds than any round after; we've constantly been experiencing a drop in the amount of uber-active players for several reasons.
Fair enough, however I see this come up alot of how much "better" it was in the old days, if there came an alliance superior to EXil in a couple of rounds, and I kept saying how much better we were in the old days, it can very easily be interpreted as " If only we were as good as before, you'd be beaten down in your boots by now ".

And all things fade with time, its sad thats the way it has been going untill now, and that we never had the chance to face the mighty wrath of r11/r12 1up, I fear I didn't play those rounds,but from the impression I got Planetarion was your very own playground back then.
And that is far from what I can say as to how we have it now

Maybe with time, the glory days will be back, you are still very much intact with your honor - but the glory days will once again shine bright upon 1up - I am almost sure of it.
Also from some posts I've seen from your command, they take lightly upon pre round planning, although this might be very very deceptive for what I speak of now I knows jackshit about.

Angels went planning as soon as they were beaten by you (in LCH) in r14, and it is clear to me from one round "off" and with some new plans, they have very much improved themselves from what they were in r13.

And as to alchs comment about 1up still changing the development of the round, we're all aware of it, we all fear it. Respect for your work so far this round aswell. Isn't time to just drop dead soon?

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.

Last edited by SkyHead; 11 Dec 2005 at 19:44.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 00:37   #237
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
1up maybe didnt perform rank wise as good as everyone expected. On overall if you count:
- The fact they played all round without taking some breaks to "Refuel" their spirits
- The fact they won 3 rounds so far.
- They received more incomings than any other alliances out there.
- They still have this aura that 'scare' the other alliance.
- They knew they couldnt win anymore but persevered and are still playing.

I think we can say that 1up performed well and are performing well and are still in a position that can change the outcome of the round.
qft
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 10:26   #238
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
1up havent been playing very good this round. Allthough I can guess u guys have had alot of incomings, I can only begin to wonder why 1up isnt doing as good as their memberbase is capable of. And I think tbh that 1up needs to do some radical changes to get their players interested in the game again.

I dont want to speculate more as to why 1up has done such a poor round. Its not my place to do so, but I sure hope to see a more competative 1up in the future.
Maybe, and this is no disrespect to 1up, but very maybe the fact that 1up isn't so superior anymore compared to other alliances and that other alliances have reached the same stage of qualtity (on all fronts) then 1up ...

I find it abit 'cheap' saying 'but we played a bad round' ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 10:48   #239
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

or maybe like any alliance that won the round before, the members are having a break. that they knew comming into the round they would be the targets of a lot of hate, and acted accordingly
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 11:03   #240
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
or maybe like any alliance that won the round before, the members are having a break. that they knew comming into the round they would be the targets of a lot of hate, and acted accordingly
Well, I don't think that's a valid excuse either. If you know pple will be coming after you, then it should motivate you so much that you want to prove you can handle all their hatred.

I don't know the internal activity of 1up or what's going on in their heads, but what I DO know is that if Angels won a round, we'd be even more motivated to win the next one, knowing that we'd be the main focus of many alliances.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Dec 2005, 13:46   #241
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

most people cba to play fully after playing fully the round before and winning. its been the pattern throughout PA. and its been a rare occasion for the same side to win 2 times in a row. Simply because the winning side is usually apathied, and cant be bothered, and the losing side works twice as hard as they did the previous round, determined to win at any cost.

As for Angels winning, after how long you have been so close to winning, I think that Angels more than anyone would take a break from playing actively.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 13:56   #242
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Well, I don't think that's a valid excuse either. If you know pple will be coming after you, then it should motivate you so much that you want to prove you can handle all their hatred.

I don't know the internal activity of 1up or what's going on in their heads, but what I DO know is that if Angels won a round, we'd be even more motivated to win the next one, knowing that we'd be the main focus of many alliances.

You cant let the previous round dictate what you do in the current round. Going all out for one round is a hard enough thing to do. Going all out for 4 rounds and winning 3 of those rounds is simply amazing. 1up has faced the "hatred" already and really have nothing left to prove. If anyone deserves a round "off" its them.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 14:05   #243
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
You cant let the previous round dictate what you do in the current round. Going all out for one round is a hard enough thing to do. Going all out for 4 rounds and winning 3 of those rounds is simply amazing. 1up has faced the "hatred" already and really have nothing left to prove. If anyone deserves a round "off" its them.
Well, I'm not saying I'd let what happened last round dictate what we would do in the current round. All I'm saying is that I believe Angels would have the same ifnot higher motivation for the next round if we win a current round.

Ofcourse, nobody knows the answer on this cause that'd require us to win a round first.

Morden, maybe you're right ... but I believe you're wrong. I believe we'd be more motivated.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Dec 2005, 14:58   #244
Heartless

Basically SkyHead just wants to say eXilition are better than 1up. I do agree that they are better than the 1up of round 13 and round 15, but to be considered as better than 1up in general I'd first like to see eXilition do the following:
  • play 5 rounds in a row
  • win 3 of those round, with the following constraint:
    • Win two rounds in a row where the second round you only play and finish with 2/3 of the allowed alliance memberlimit

Obviously round 13 cannot count toward this list as you took a break after that, so maybe you should take the opportunity to start proving your point right now and play the next four rounds as well
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 15:00   #245
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
The 1up of r11/12 would have had a far rougher round if they played this round. No offense ofcourse, but I do believe the current playing field has a higher quality then it had in r11/12.

Again this is my own opinion, which is pure guessing cause we'll never know how the 1up from r11/12 would have played this round

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Dec 2005, 15:02   #246
Heartless

Quote:
The 1up of r11/12 would have had a far rougher round if they played this round. No offense ofcourse, but I do believe the current playing field has a higher quality then it had in r11/12.

Again this is my own opinion, which is pure guessing cause we'll never know how the 1up from r11/12 would have played this round
Actually it's a guess I'd be inclined to share - but it's too easy to simply take one factor into account.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 15:06   #247
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Basically SkyHead just wants to say eXilition are better than 1up. I do agree that they are better than the 1up of round 13 and round 15, but to be considered as better than 1up in general I'd first like to see eXilition do the following:
  • play 5 rounds in a row
  • win 3 of those round, with the following constraint:
    • Win two rounds in a row where the second round you only play and finish with 2/3 of the allowed alliance memberlimit

Obviously round 13 cannot count toward this list as you took a break after that, so maybe you should take the opportunity to start proving your point right now and play the next four rounds as well
Lol, you SERIOUSLY cannot accept the fact that one day an alliance might be BETTER then 1up can you? If Exi wins this round, then imo they are the better alliance of the 2 because in the 2 confrontations they've had, Exi came out as winner.

The way you're acting, no alliance will EVER be considered better then 1up because you just set up 1001 conditions to which an alliance must fullfil to be considered better then 1up.

Mazz and co know I respect 1up alot etc, but I do believe that in the confrontations that 1up and Exi have had so far in PA, Exi has always come out as the winner.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Dec 2005, 15:10   #248
Heartless

Quote:
*snip*
You just made me regret pos-repping you. I stated I consider eXilition better than r13 or r15 1up.

In the end, however, it's the only thing to do for eXilition if they want to compare themselves with 1up (we DID those things, and thus any alliance that wants to compare itself should meet the constraints we set). Actually, considering they also won round 13 they'd prove they're better than 1up if they manage to fulfill every single of the three points I listed and 1up won't manage to win any of the 2 rounds eXilition might not win.

Go figure.
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 15:12   #249
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

why the hell argue over something niether can prove, nor have any decent arguemt over. It's useless. Why? Exi didnt play r11 or 12 there you have it. discussion over
Unread 12 Dec 2005, 15:24   #250
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
You just made me regret pos-repping you. I stated I consider eXilition better than r13 or r15 1up.

In the end, however, it's the only thing to do for eXilition if they want to compare themselves with 1up (we DID those things, and thus any alliance that wants to compare itself should meet the constraints we set). Actually, considering they also won round 13 they'd prove they're better than 1up if they manage to fulfill every single of the three points I listed and 1up won't manage to win any of the 2 rounds eXilition might not win.

Go figure.
Exi can set some conditions aswell ... like ...

No alliance is asgood as us if they did not win 100% of the rounds they played. In that case, 1up is not better then Exi.

You start from a certain point where pple have to accept that 1up IS THE BEST ALLIANCE, and that any alliance claiming differently should apply to conditions you invented yourself.
Others might start from a point where they consider Exi to be the best alliance.

Heartless, who are you to define what is the best alliance or to what specific conditions an alliance should fullfill to be the best alliance?

Don't you see the obvious flaw in your reasoning? You start reasoning from a point where everyone has to accept 1up is the standard ...

Ohh and, just cause someone doesn't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean he shouldn't get poss reps. I thought repping was about the QUALITY of a post, rather then the OPINION in it !!

FA Gaming community