User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 07:37   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Shoes

Now, in your country, do people walk in their homes with their shoes on? In all the foreign TV-progs people (yanks, wanks and Brits) walk in their houses with their shoes on. Now, I understand people walking with their shoes on in public places (schools, et cetera), but why on earth do people have to wear shoes in their own homes?

It's not like the floor's cold, ritey, there's the heating right below the floor level. Besides, shoes make awfully mess out of your wooden costy floors, wich are quite - very - common in Finland.

So.

If you do wear shoes while home, why do you do that?

We don't wear shoes in our homes here in Finland.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 07:44   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
I always take my shoes off when i enter the house... dunno why, its not a culural thing or anything i dont think.

edit: UK.

Last edited by Apothos; 24 Feb 2003 at 07:52.
Apothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 07:45   #3
Linea
Better then you.

Linea is an unknown quantity at this point
I take my shoes off so I don't make a mess around the house if I've got anything on 'em.

EDIT: Me in Australia.
Linea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 07:47   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Just add your locations too, so I know where you are from.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 08:03   #5
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I walk around my house with my shoes on.

because I'm not going to start licking the floor any time soon (although I would enjoy licking some carpet)

because that's the way I was raised

because I have a lot of tile flooring in my house

USA

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 08:04   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sometimes.

England
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 08:33   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
I walk around my house with my shoes on.

because I'm not going to start licking the floor any time soon (although I would enjoy licking some carpet)

because that's the way I was raised

because I have a lot of tile flooring in my house

USA
why do the people in the USA tv-progs walk around with their shoes on then?

Is it just a bluff?
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 08:57   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I take my shoes off at my own home, and expect other people to do so. At other people's houses, I just do what they do.

England.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 09:01   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
why do the people in the USA tv-progs walk around with their shoes on then?

Is it just a bluff?
He said that he does, like in the TV shows.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:33   #10
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
I don't generally wear shoes indoors, but not because I have been raised not to, or because I think it's wrong or strange or whatever. I just don't like wearing shoes so I take them off as much as possible.

UK
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:34   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I always take my shoes off when I enter a residence, unless it's very ****, or I have a personal grudge against the owner, in which case I keep them firmly on.

Oh, and it would be more accurate to say 'boots' in my case.

UK
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:37   #12
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
i live in england and i walk around naked with shoes on and a sock over my penis
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:37   #13
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I normally wear my shoes while in the house.

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:38   #14
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Sometimes.

England
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:40   #15
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Usually not, but sometimes tho. Why ? Because I can't be arsed to take them off at times, they are good shoes. Besides, I don't do the cleaning myself. Cleaning ladies are the best.

Denmark.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:42   #16
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i take them off when i sit at a chair. then i find them again and so on

laziness. comfort.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:42   #17
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I keep my shoes on because they're comfortable and the carpet's ****ty anyways. Also it's ****ing cold in my house. Last night I nearly slept in my coat (wouldn't be the first time)

US - ****ty landlord
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 21:02   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Never (except when I just entered the house ofcourse).... I have these "slipper"-like thingies I wear in the house cause we don't have any floor heating (yet).

I live in the Netherlands.
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 21:40   #19
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
I always take mine off unless the person has told me not to bother.

UK
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 21:44   #20
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't wear shoes (no heated floors in UK)

Scotland
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 21:47   #21
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
i leave them on. Unless i am sure i wont go out anymore and o to bed , then i leave them at the door. I dont know why, its a habbit i guess.
My parents had this old rebuild farmhouse when i was a kid and on the floor were tiles, handmade ones, wich were rather rough, if you'd walk there with socks you could throw them away after walking on them a day on that floor.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 21:51   #22
cheesehead
Banned

cheesehead is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't, socks occasionally but I usually walk around barefoot here in New Jersey USA...however on the rare occasion I'm over my aunts house, she always bugs me to put my shoes on incase I stub my toe (I believe that's the sole reason she wants me to put on shoes...ffs...)
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 22:31   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
i walk around naked with shoes on and a sock over my penis
Even when you have visitors?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 22:36   #24
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Even when you have visitors?
Especially when he has visitors.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 22:37   #25
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
I take my shoes off if I'm here to stay.

UK.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 05:04   #26
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
wooden shoes and wolly jumper!!!
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 05:35   #27
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I take mine off. Although I have been at friends houses occaisionally and they keep them on.

I did keep them on when I lived in the dorms last year, but that was a dorm. Physical contact with anything could mean instantaneous death.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote