User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Jun 2008, 11:09   #51
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Me and the grizzled veteran were telling my boss to sack him during his first two months here.
what a massive twat you are
Unread 13 Jun 2008, 16:07   #52
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me it was you they we're trying to get sacked haha
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2008, 20:12   #53
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

haha
Unread 14 Jun 2008, 11:06   #54
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I never intended to attack you at all. And I apologise without reservation if it ever seemed from my posts that I did so. I am sorry.
No worries dude, I am familiar with your posting style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
All I would ask is that you indulge me, an old and no doubt useless buffer, and take some of my paranoia with you. May it protect you in the future when more may be at stake.
That's probably good advice. Especially now that I'm going to be spending the next year surrounded by poor people who would like nothing more than to nick all my money.

Quote:
What's so twattish about wanting to get rid of someone who is not competent at their job?
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 00:33   #55
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
What's so twattish about wanting to get rid of someone who is not competent at their job?
back in the olden days it used to be quite common for workers to stick together and help each other out. nowadays instead of helping you go running to management. of course since you are planning to go and showcase your twattishness around the world i guess you dont have a mortgage to pay and a family to support.

maybe one day you will grow up and realise why i consider you a twat.
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 20:02   #56
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
back in the olden days it used to be quite common for workers to stick together and help each other out. nowadays instead of helping you go running to management. of course since you are planning to go and showcase your twattishness around the world i guess you dont have a mortgage to pay and a family to support.

maybe one day you will grow up and realise why i consider you a twat.
Listen here grandpa, we're in the 21st century now. Employees are no longer a valuable asset, they are a disposable commodity, to be used and discarded as and when required. Once you're in the door you're already on your way out. Once you're out there'll no doubt be some other unsuspecting employer ready to hire you to fill the space left by the sap they just fired.

And for the record, I did try to help him out, to this day I still try to help him as best I can. It's not my fault he doesn't cut the mustard.
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 21:21   #57
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Listen here grandpa, we're in the 21st century now. Employees are no longer a valuable asset, they are a disposable commodity, to be used and discarded as and when required. Once you're in the door you're already on your way out. Once you're out there'll no doubt be some other unsuspecting employer ready to hire you to fill the space left by the sap they just fired.
I think you are quite wrong here. Employees are increasingly acknowledged to be the most valuable asset in any company. Well, that means when skills and/or education are required to fulfill a task.
I do agree there is, especially in Anglo-Saxon countries and/or companies, increasingly pressure to perform better than your colleagues with the art of "politicking" as a consequence. Politicking means you try to influence peers and superiors in your advantage to keep your job or getting a promotion. This case fits this very concept quite well.
I am really grateful I am not in an Anglo-Saxon country nor I will ever let myself in with such a kind of company, because I cant get it over my heart to **** up someone by acting in such a manner.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)

Last edited by Membrivio; 16 Jun 2008 at 21:28. Reason: Spelling
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 22:53   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

While you're at it, you should send all your money to Africa, your organs to the nearest hospital and the rest of your body to science.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 23:16   #59
Membrivio

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
While you're at it, you should send all your money to Africa, your organs to the nearest hospital and the rest of your body to science.
Haha. No. What was your point exactly, Mz?

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 02:04   #60
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
Haha. No. What was your point exactly, Mz?
You're a do-gooder with massive rose tinted glasses.

That's the kind of thing that do-gooders do.

I think anyway, i'm not Mz
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 10:01   #61
Membrivio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
You're a do-gooder with massive rose tinted glasses.
That's the kind of thing that do-gooders do.
Yes, maybe for you guys I am a do-gooder. I just don't like to **** up colleagues for personal gains. I don't need that. I call it confidence in that I can manage to have a career based on my competences, not based on how good I am at fking up colleagues and how good I can be "friends" with my supervisor. If you need those kind of tactics to keep or get a job it says enough imo.

Unread 17 Jun 2008, 10:12   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not very principled are you?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 10:20   #63
Membrivio

Quote:
Not very principled are you?
In fact I am, only different principles than you may have.

Unread 17 Jun 2008, 10:20   #64
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Whilst crapping on workmates to gain an advantage is a really really shit thing to do, I can't see anything wrong in telling your boss to fire an incompetent workmate.
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 10:27   #65
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yes, maybe for you guys I am a do-gooder. I just don't like to **** up colleagues for personal gains. I don't need that. I call it confidence in that I can manage to have a career based on my competences, not based on how good I am at fking up colleagues and how good I can be "friends" with my supervisor. If you need those kind of tactics to keep or get a job it says enough imo.
Don't mind him, he's an economist.

And he's INSANE!!!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 10:37   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
In fact I am, only different principles than you may have.
If you're going to stand on principle, you should go all the way, and not just apply it to the people you happen to meet on a daily basis.
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 12:59   #67
Membrivio

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Whilst crapping on workmates to gain an advantage is a really really shit thing to do, I can't see anything wrong in telling your boss to fire an incompetent workmate.
If you need to tell him, he is as incompetent as your workmate is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Don't mind him, he's an economist.
I am worse, I am a management consultant!

Quote:
If you're going to stand on principle, you should go all the way, and not just apply it to the people you happen to meet on a daily basis.
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "go all the way"?

Unread 17 Jun 2008, 13:05   #68
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
"All the way with LBJ."
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 14:53   #69
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 16:51   #70
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
If your boss feels they are incompetent, then that's their call and their job. You shouldn't be telling them what to do or how to do it.

Reporting incompetencies in someone for failing to do something (or doing it badly) is ok though!
Unread 20 Jun 2008, 12:36   #71
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ChubbyChecker what exactly is the problem with fulfilling their request. Its not like they are saying "Hand in your notice now and leave in a month". They want you to hand in your notice with a date your leaving so they can officially start the search for a replacement so you arent losing out on work days.

I don't know if there is a law that covers it but alot of the firms I have worked in have employed the same policy when it comes to replacing an employee.

I would say just hand your notice in stating your last date, if you are really worried date it as 1st July and hand it in. Your helping the company out thus helping you in the future by keeping them onside and your working the number of days you want to work
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2008, 03:57   #72
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
ChubbyChecker what exactly is the problem with fulfilling their request. Its not like they are saying "Hand in your notice now and leave in a month". They want you to hand in your notice with a date your leaving so they can officially start the search for a replacement so you arent losing out on work days.

I don't know if there is a law that covers it but alot of the firms I have worked in have employed the same policy when it comes to replacing an employee.

I would say just hand your notice in stating your last date, if you are really worried date it as 1st July and hand it in. Your helping the company out thus helping you in the future by keeping them onside and your working the number of days you want to work
I spoke to my mate today. His last working day was today (Saturday). He's not travelling with me, he's just quitting his job. He told his boss two months ago that he would be leaving his job in two months time so they should start looking for a replacement. His boss said fair enough, hand your notice in now giving two months notice so they could start looking for a replacement. My mate, being a nice guy, did exactly that.

This week he got paid and it just so happens that this week is the week they get their annual bonus. This annual bonus is dependent on you working from the 1st of April to the 1st of April. My mate didn't get his annual bonus. He complained to HR or whoever (I didn't ask for details) and it turns out that if you give your notice in before the 18th of May you are not entitled to the bonus. So if he had given them one month's notice (which is what he was supposed to give them) instead of two months he would have got his annual bonus.

This story makes me realise that I did the right thing by waiting before giving my notice. There is no bonus involved for me (different company) but my point still stands.
Unread 29 Jun 2008, 10:18   #73
Tomkat

I might be really very slow here but if he had to work from April to April then why would it matter if he handed in his notice in May?? The calendar I've always used places May after April...
Unread 29 Jun 2008, 10:42   #74
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I might be really very slow here but if he had to work from April to April then why would it matter if he handed in his notice in May?? The calendar I've always used places May after April...
I dunno, that's just the way he described it to me. I guess that's also why he didn't realise he was going to lose his bonus until it was too late. Maybe they do it so that you don't earn your bonus and then leave straight after.
Unread 1 Jul 2008, 00:35   #75
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I spoke to my mate today. His last working day was today (Saturday). He's not travelling with me, he's just quitting his job. He told his boss two months ago that he would be leaving his job in two months time so they should start looking for a replacement. His boss said fair enough, hand your notice in now giving two months notice so they could start looking for a replacement. My mate, being a nice guy, did exactly that.

This week he got paid and it just so happens that this week is the week they get their annual bonus. This annual bonus is dependent on you working from the 1st of April to the 1st of April. My mate didn't get his annual bonus. He complained to HR or whoever (I didn't ask for details) and it turns out that if you give your notice in before the 18th of May you are not entitled to the bonus. So if he had given them one month's notice (which is what he was supposed to give them) instead of two months he would have got his annual bonus.

This story makes me realise that I did the right thing by waiting before giving my notice. There is no bonus involved for me (different company) but my point still stands.
I don't know if Bonus payments are different but normal wages have to be paid for any days you work. As the bonus was based on working a period I would have thought they don't have a leg to stand on witholding it.

Anyway as you don't have any of these bonus not giving them the notice they wanted is just being petty and imho you have given the impression that your an awkward twat to your employers which isnt going to help you considering you were so intent on leaving on good terms so you can potentially return later. You had nothing to lose by doing what they requested and now you have just been awkward towards them which may come back and bite you later
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 1 Jul 2008, 20:47   #76
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
I don't know if Bonus payments are different but normal wages have to be paid for any days you work. As the bonus was based on working a period I would have thought they don't have a leg to stand on witholding it.

Anyway as you don't have any of these bonus not giving them the notice they wanted is just being petty and imho you have given the impression that your an awkward twat to your employers which isnt going to help you considering you were so intent on leaving on good terms so you can potentially return later. You had nothing to lose by doing what they requested and now you have just been awkward towards them which may come back and bite you later
Wanting to leave on good terms and bending over so they can shaft me any which way they like are two very different things. I don't know if you know this but not all companies are run by pixies and faeries and fuelled by a pocket full of dreams and a whole lot of heart. Some companies won't hesitate to screw you over when they feel like it and I wasn't about to let that possibly happen to me.
Unread 2 Jul 2008, 17:26   #77
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Wanting to leave on good terms and bending over so they can shaft me any which way they like are two very different things. I don't know if you know this but not all companies are run by pixies and faeries and fuelled by a pocket full of dreams and a whole lot of heart. Some companies won't hesitate to screw you over when they feel like it and I wasn't about to let that possibly happen to me.
How were they going to screw you over?

A month really isn't much time to be able to find a replacement, after all you have to advertise the position, then interview and then probably wait for the choosen applicant to work their notice. The only way they could potentially screw you over would be to let you hand your notice in early and if they managed to fill it quickly terminate your employment a month after the notice was handed in. HOWEVER the notice period in your contract is not an exact figure, rather the minimum period you are required to give, you can give more and upon them agreeing your leaving date either verbally or in writing they cant go back on it without you agreeing. I suppose they could try sacking you but without you doing something to justify it then its probably not a valid option. Only over thing they could do would be to pay you off to leave early which lets be honest on your behalf would be win win (as you would have the money and either free time or time to do some other work for more money)
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 2 Jul 2008, 19:21   #78
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How were they going to screw you over?

A month really isn't much time to be able to find a replacement, after all you have to advertise the position, then interview and then probably wait for the choosen applicant to work their notice. The only way they could potentially screw you over would be to let you hand your notice in early and if they managed to fill it quickly terminate your employment a month after the notice was handed in. HOWEVER the notice period in your contract is not an exact figure, rather the minimum period you are required to give, you can give more and upon them agreeing your leaving date either verbally or in writing they cant go back on it without you agreeing. I suppose they could try sacking you but without you doing something to justify it then its probably not a valid option. Only over thing they could do would be to pay you off to leave early which lets be honest on your behalf would be win win (as you would have the money and either free time or time to do some other work for more money)
and if that didn't work then Aslan would be sure to rescue him ...
Unread 3 Jul 2008, 19:25   #79
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

There was only two of us in the office this week, me and the shit one. It was a struggle but I managed to keep my head in a "I'm leaving soon anyway so I don't really care if things fall to pieces" kind of way. I'm on my own tomorrow so I told Mr Shit (this is his new name, he is not known as the tortoise any more) to do the essential parts of his job today that he would have done tomorrow. Tomorrow is a busy day for me and the guy I'm covering so I wanted Mr Shit's work (which is a piece of piss) to be done so at least I wouldn't have to do that.

He left at 5 and on the way out I ask him if he's done what I asked him to do. He says no, I was too busy chasing up that thing that needed chasing up. Turns out that thing he had to chase up involved making two short phone calls!

Words cannot describe how pissed off I am now. I have to pick up his pieces tonight and have an even harder time of it tomorrow. If I could be arsed I'd give this guy a disciplinary. I might actually do that, see how I feel tomorrow.

This is why I have been telling my boss to sack him all this time. Worker solidarity is all well and good but when it's me who has to pick up the slack that's just not on.