User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Dec 2004, 09:33   #1
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold
Engineering Scans

I think there shud be a new scan called 'Engineering Scan' which allows u2 see what priorities ure target has running.. i know its hardly a radical change but it wud be especially useful for an attacker to know what priorities the defender is running off so he knows when to look for new ships.. and adds more meaning to the planet scan as it helps work out if the defenders new money spent will affect the attackers land.. maybe it could be intergrated into the news scan..
Lukey

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 10:00   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Engineering Scans

i'd add it into the planet scan myself if it were done, its certinaly an interesting idea.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 16:55   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Discuss] Engineering Scans

Cant anything be left to chance, and skill anymore?

A scan like thta would be quite powerful, and should not be intergrated into a planet scan but be a scan of its own.

Of course bang goe sthta time u sit online wondernig whether u ahve guessed right when attacking.

sigh, much more and u may as well get bots to play the game for us.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 16:57   #4
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

In itself it is a nice idea, why not make it a or/or scan? like fleet analysis OR eng scan, or structure scan OR eng scan. something like that. then ppl got to choose something again

btw

Forest

Ex-RB Leader and proud
Ex-TRT Leader and proud
Ex-Instinct Leader and proud
Ex-Eclipse BC/AO and proud
Ex-Fang
1up and proud

Ex-fang and NOT proud? :P
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 17:04   #5
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

No point in either/or, because ppl within an alliance will just go down the line of splitting the way the research.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 17:06   #6
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

If you were to do something of this nature - it would make sense to make it a Covert Op. After all you cannot scan what a person has in their mind as a priority but you can surmise based on their actions. SO logically this would be something spies would tell you, rather than scans. That’s if it were implemented at all. Forrest is correct, at what point is the game completely predictable.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 18:16   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think we should be able to find out about engineering priorities. The whole idea behind both Engineering and ship priorities (which no longer exist) was to add elements to the game which couldn't be figured out with calcs, etc. This was probably one of the best ideas of PaX, IMO, and shouldn't be changed.
Unread 3 Dec 2004, 01:02   #8
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

sorry but i am obviously missing something. Is there any use to know other than production, which would not affect most ppl as it requires you to do lots of planet scans to find when the target spends his res, and covert op level so you can see if you really dont stand a chance at getting one through. I cant really see what it brings, but then i cant see the point to half on the scans.....
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 00:57   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

after thinking about this more and reading the comments I don;t thing its a good idea for the game - declined

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote