User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:52   #101
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Given the recent rumours I've heard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Could easily have been pasted to him or screenshot no?

I personally really dont know or care, but its well known that members of all kinds of alliances have and have had access to the alliancechannels and webtools of other alliances.
Christ isil, I think there was some sarcasm involved in Jezz' posts.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:53   #102
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

as the breaking in part

as my original post, which you all seem to have jumped to your own assumptions about, its the actioning of those pw's and entering others tools and arbiters that is out of order

if somebody gives me a gun mz, i dont have to shoot sum1.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:54   #103
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezz84
MORE EVIDENCE OF ACCOUNTS BEING BREACHED!

[10:39:35] <dec2> obvisoly i hijacked a game account to get this ingame msg ^^
EVIDENCE ENOUGH FOR ME! bloody cheaters

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:54   #104
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sarcasm..right... STILL MY POINT STANDS!
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:55   #105
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
as the breaking in part

as my original post, which you all seem to have jumped to your own assumptions about, its the actioning of those pw's and entering others tools and arbiters that is out of order

There was no breaking in. Someone (a disgruntled member) went to JBG and passed out his login and password (intel) to us (another alliance. You just said this was an ok way of spying. Why are you now backing out of that point?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:55   #106
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
as the breaking in part

If JBG logs into someone else’s tools no-one dies.

Could you have come up with a more stupid analogy?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:55   #107
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and btw that second Jezz post wasnt there when i started typing my message :\
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:58   #108
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Just out of interest, how exactly did Asc get involved in alliance politics?
The minute you start trading intel with particular alliances, it gives other alliances strengths, that obviously affects alliance politics, and gives others stronger footings. I don't particularly begrudge the behaviour, but I think I would if CT were playing to win.

Quote:
Yes exchanging lists is the 'easier' way, it's hardly surprising and ground breaking that you figured out after 12(?) rounds Asc takes the easy way when offered. Maybe you should work harder on your intel? Just so you know alliances have down this since the start of PA, so it's hardly something to get out knickers in a twist over now.
I think you'll find in my post that I was quite fair about my opinions of this, it is obviously a good way to gather intel, and i most certainly did not "get our knickers in a twist".

Quote:
JBG has already said how he got them, someone gave them him. It's not upto him to investigate how the person got them in the first place, it's upto you to ensure you tighten your security.
Once again, I never said that either, so please stop making up what you want to read, and read what is being wrote.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:01   #109
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Someone call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance!

So, which alliance is it that stores login information for accounts in their database? Sounds like someone has been attacking the wrong people

Edit: Having access to other alliance's databases is of course not cheating. It is metagaming and may be considered (rightly so) unethical by some people. It is, however, the first time I have seen people and alliances rioting over a case of spying - something probably close to 100% of all alliances once have been guilty of.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:02   #110
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

for once I didnt actually see any valid reasons for attacking asc en mass. But none the less, they always need a nice bash

too bad though that they probably will come out of this on top

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:04   #111
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
GL stealing shitloads of fleets, and have fun with the salvage Asc.
Evidence of Asc salvage!

http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=3936

From their own ships.. I bet they're loving that, so cunning!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:04   #112
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
for once I didnt actually see any valid reasons for attacking asc en mass. But none the less, they always need a nice bash

too bad though that they probably will come out of this on top
We'll lose a buttload of roids, gain a buttload of stolen ships. If the round was longer we could come out on top, but it's too short for anything meaningful to happen.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:13   #113
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
There was no breaking in. Someone (a disgruntled member) went to JBG and passed out his login and password (intel) to us (another alliance. You just said this was an ok way of spying. Why are you now backing out of that point?
mz

lets jsut say i gave JBG my pword and login to the alliance tools/arbiter

is JBG me? No.
should he be in those tools and arbiter? No.

it is breaking in, regardless of the fact that it was a legitimate account used to gain access. Do not be so foolish as to not see that
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:17   #114
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Mmmm.. Ive never checked for any pw/logins up for sale on eBay, might be worth a gander!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:17   #115
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
mz

lets jsut say i gave JBG my pword and login to the alliance tools/arbiter

is JBG me? No.
should he be in those tools and arbiter? No.

it is breaking in, regardless of the fact that it was a legitimate account used to gain access. Do not be so foolish as to not see that
If you don't want JBG to log into the alliance tools, you shouldn't give him your login details. By giving them to him you implicitly give him authorisation to use them as he sees fit.

As for your incorrect use of the words "break in", breaking in implies that we somehow forced ourselves into the arbiter. Nothing of the sort happened.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:17   #116
DarkHeart

Quote:
If JBG logs into someone else’s tools no-one dies.

Could you have come up with a more stupid analogy?
lol

the analogy is that jbg had a choice. he chose to use the pw and login rather than report it back to the respective alliances.

the analogy is sound.

ur understanding of said analogy fails.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:19   #117
DarkHeart

Quote:
If you don't want JBG to log into the alliance tools, you shouldn't give him your login details. By giving them to him you implicitly give him authorisation to use them as he sees fit.
no member has ever been given the authority to grant those permissions mz (to my knowledge)

you are correc though, jbg should neve rhave bin given the details in the first place. im glad we agree on that
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:19   #118
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Just people being more than a little bit pissed that you felt the need to get involved in alliance politics, that you claim you're so uninterested in
Say what? Please find me a quote on this. I'd very much like to hear when we've ever said that we don't get involved in alliance politics.

Surely, we do have trouble doing a lot of alliance politics type stuff, depending very much on how we're organized each round. This round we'd probably have little trouble NAPing an alliance or two, since so many of our members join galraids. That said, I don't think anyone is interested in making such a deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
Evidence of Asc salvage!

http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=3936

From their own ships.. I bet they're loving that, so cunning!
Standards have fallen so much. Whoever recruited that guy should be kicked.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:22   #119
MiniMoose

MiniMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

A password and username system is designed so that the person(people) who know the username and password can login.

If you give someone the login/pass for something, you have entrusted them with the information held within. What they do with it is whoever gave the pass's fault.

Its not a 'nice' thing to do, but given the fact that someone gave out their login/pass they probably intended the information get out.
MiniMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:24   #120
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The minute you start trading intel with particular alliances, it gives other alliances strengths, that obviously affects alliance politics, and gives others stronger footings. I don't particularly begrudge the behaviour, but I think I would if CT were playing to win.
I doubt JBG has ever denied any alliance the chance to trade intel. If it's intel Asc doesn't already have he would trade I'd imagine. It's not JBG's fault that you inbalanced it yourself by refusing to speak to anyone else.

Quote:
I think you'll find in my post that I was quite fair about my opinions of this, it is obviously a good way to gather intel, and i most certainly did not "get our knickers in a twist".
In your post you said no-one had a real problem with Asc, and suggested it was to do with the exchanging of intel that got everyone's back up. So to my mind 6 alliances attacking our intel exchanges is most certainly them getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. But hey, intel exchanges is what we're really fighting here isn't it, it's not like anyone could EVER overcome Denials lead now is it?

Quote:
Once again, I never said that either, so please stop making up what you want to read, and read what is being wrote.
I fail to see what you 'didnt say'. You even stated it as the main point...
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:25   #121
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
no member has ever been given the authority to grant those permissions mz (to my knowledge)
So what? No member ever got given permission to spy on his own alliance, yet you think that's ok. Furthermore, that's really not our problem, but yours. If people in your alliance give out intel about your alliance, I'd search for the fault internally, rather than trying to scapegoat those who get the benefit.

Quote:
you are correc though, jbg should neve rhave bin given the details in the first place. im glad we agree on that
Don't twist my words.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:26   #122
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
By giving them to him you implicitly give him authorisation to use them as he sees fit.

Quite a line you pulled out there, wonder how that would stand up in anywhere outside PA forums though...
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:29   #123
DarkHeart

Quote:
So what? No member ever got given permission to spy on his own alliance, yet you think that's ok. Furthermore, that's really not our problem, but yours. If people in your alliance give out intel about your alliance, I'd search for the fault internally, rather than trying to scapegoat those who get the benefit.
its every1s problem when asc decide they have speical permissions to be complete nobs and enter restriced websites they have no right to be on.

Quote:
Don't twist my words.
thats what asc have been doing all throughout this post so get off your high horse missus. we can all play that game
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:29   #124
Game^

Quote:
lol

the analogy is that jbg had a choice. he chose to use the pw and login rather than report it back to the respective alliances.

the analogy is sound.

ur understanding of said analogy fails.
The point is though DarkHeart shooting someone and logging into someone else's tools are not the same at all. If you want a better analogy here have this :-

If you have an exam tomorrow, and someone offers to give you the answer sheet, do you take it?
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:30   #125
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Quite a line you pulled out there, wonder how that would stand up in anywhere outside PA forums though...
I don't see the problem, please explain.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:30   #126
Game^

Quote:
Luckily we dont have to worry about that though do we...
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:30   #127
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The point is though DarkHeart shooting someone and logging into someone else's tools are not the same at all. If you want a better analogy here have this :-

If you have an exam tomorrow, and someone offers to give you the answer sheet, do you take it?
Having seen the answer sheet is classified as cheating tho.

So i dont really see a good comparisation here

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:33   #128
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
its every1s problem when asc decide they have speical permissions to be complete nobs and enter restriced websites they have no right to be on.
How do rights come into it at all? There is a database with login names and passwords. They're designed to keep everyone out except the people who know them. We know a login name, and matching password. So we have access. Simple.

Quote:
thats what asc have been doing all throughout this post so get off your high horse missus. we can all play that game
I don't care what my alliance has been doing. You're talking to me, not to ascendancy. I challenge you to find a post where I twist your words.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:33   #129
ReligFree

Quote:
In your post you said no-one had a real problem with Asc, and suggested it was to do with the exchanging of intel that got everyone's back up. So to my mind 6 alliances attacking our intel exchanges is most certainly them getting their knickers in a twist over nothing. But hey, intel exchanges is what we're really fighting here isn't it, it's not like anyone could EVER overcome Denials lead now is it?
Obviously it can be overcome, and I think NoX/Asc would have had the best chance of doing that. But this thread appears to be about JBG attempting to clear up rumours, and why or why not people targetted Ascendancy tonight. If you do want to discuss the number 1 alliance spot, i'd suggest Kargools thread "Congratulations Denial". Otherwise I think this is Ascendancys attempts to make it not happen again in this thread mate.

Quote:
I fail to see what you 'didnt say'. You even stated it as the main point...
Quote:
But essentially the main point is how and where you got those passwords for our webbies from, and that I think is more of an issue not to be discussed on this forum, hence making this a useless thread and a waste of everyones time.
Does that answer your question? Your post said we should tighten our security, and yeah, admittedly it should be if it's possible for our passwords to get leaked. And as my original post said, which you so usefully offered the same insight into in your next post, it is not a matter for the forum, nor to do with 'honour' or being correct, you took any advantage which you could, and its as simple as that. (2 pennies worth: Which is why i think the incomings came on you tonight)
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:37   #130
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The rights and wrongs of it aside I think the behaviour of many alliances last night was interesting.

You have xVx command sending impassioned mails to their members asking them to do ever so well and bash the cheaters. That's all good though, it's nice just to see them get involved for a change, maybe their members pick up more of a taste for it. For the record though, this definitely isn't the first time an alliance/galaxy/planet was universally targetted for supposed cheating. Nor the second. Also, you guys bashed jer good, well done.

You have ND, with many of their members thinking this was the funniest reason to hit Asc yet and since they lost their war it was something to do. I think at the command level some of them may have been genuinely unhappy that random strangers had access to their arbiter but I don't know any of those guys so... What is it with the enmity between Asc and ND anyway? Is it cause we mock you so?

You have NoX, participating in the attack but only because it got them a free shot at the fattest galaxy in the game, which I suspect they may well have been about to target anyway, and now they were guaranteed a free shot and with minimal incs themselves so they could really commit some fleet to it. Nice.

You have Jenova, whose HC openly admitted to having no evidence of wrongdoing and yet were the first to threaten their members with instant expulsion should they defend. A touch of the old Kim Jung Il about that really. Guys, you're just not shining right now, you need to shine mmmmmkay?

I think ToF might have been in on it too.

And lastly we have CT, the inspiration, the creators, the conductors of this entire evenings entertainment if you will. Not a single bollock between the lot of them. But when you're really nothing but another alliances bitch for going on 3 rounds now that's hardly surprising. I neither know nor care why expl8t gave JBG the arbiter passwords or why JBG gave them to

Denial. The one big name missing from last nights show. The empty seat at the Oscars as it were. Perhaps they were worries about about facing the same treatment themselves later, as it's obvious they have clearly benefited more from the forbidden fruit the the almighty (6th place) STOOM. Perhaps they just didn't want to be hypocrites. Not like them (I mean you Kenny, you loud ****) to be so quiet on an issue in any case. Come on guys, the champs always have to give a press conference.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:38   #131
Game^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Having seen the answer sheet is classified as cheating tho.

So i dont really see a good comparisation here
He's talking about the 'do you / dont you' choices.

It's better than his so **** off
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:40   #132
DarkHeart

Quote:
How do rights come into it at all? There is a database with login names and passwords. They're designed to keep everyone out except the people who know them. We know a login name, and matching password. So we have access. Simple.

I don't care what my alliance has been doing. You're talking to me, not to ascendancy. I challenge you to find a post where I twist your words.
mz we both know that from the conversation in #tran that im not just talking to you. or at least its not just you talking to me.

are you being deliberately ignorant with your review of what the arbiter is? or do i really need to structure a response to it? personally i dont think its required, uve shot yourself in the foot there.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:41   #133
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

All this talk of "disgruntled members" giving out login info makes me wonder.... could asc have placed said "disgruntled member" in this alliance pre tickstart or heaven forbid, recruit them mid round?

/me waves at jAY
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:43   #134
Wishmaster
LDK

idd achilles, why should Denial join? they have won the war unless someone magically gets all other alliances to gangbang them

smart move to stay out and just idly roid gals.

( I WANT TO SEE MORE BREPORTS. AM SO FKIN GBORED AT WORK! GOD KILL ME! -which is why I constantly spam diff threads resently sry )

Quote:
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:47   #135
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
mz we both know that from the conversation in #tran that im not just talking to you. or at least its not just you talking to me.
I am talking to you, you are talking to me. There is no great conspiracy at work here. I am one person, you are one person. If you're responding to my posts as if you're talking to other people, you're an idiot.

Quote:
are you being deliberately ignorant with your review of what the arbiter is? or do i really need to structure a response to it? personally i dont think its required, uve shot yourself in the foot there.
I haven't given a review of what an arbiter is. I also fail to see where I've shot myself in the foot. Seriously get a grip on yourself. Either provide some real arguments, or go annoy someone else with your unintelligble yammer.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:47   #136
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He's talking about the 'do you / dont you' choices.

It's better than his so **** off
Being better than his doesnt even remotely classify as a valid comparisation tho.

And no i dont agree with his comparisation either.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:50   #137
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin]
All this talk of "disgruntled members" giving out login info makes me wonder.... could asc have placed said "disgruntled member" in this alliance pre tickstart or heaven forbid, recruit them mid round?

/me waves at jAY
jAY was ascendancy for about 5 days. He was kicked for cheating. He had nothing to do with any of this. What is your point?

2008-04-17 18:04:27 * jAY (~want@Jay^_-.users.netgamers.org) has joined #ascendancy
(...)
2008-04-22 10:25:36 <@jesterina> !remuser jay^_-
2008-04-22 10:25:38 <@Munin> Removed user jaY^_-
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:53   #138
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
jAY was ascendancy for about 5 days. He was kicked for cheating. He had nothing to do with any of this. What is your point?

2008-04-17 18:04:27 * jAY (~want@Jay^_-.users.netgamers.org) has joined #ascendancy
(...)
2008-04-22 10:25:36 <@jesterina> !remuser jay^_-
2008-04-22 10:25:38 <@Munin> Removed user jaY^_-

my point is jenova where to blv, and jAY also claimed ot be a member of jenova....... so ur saying hes asc, im saying we where under the impression he was with us while he wasnt........see where im heading?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:56   #139
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
idd achilles, why should Denial join? they have won the war unless someone magically gets all other alliances to gangbang them

smart move to stay out and just idly roid gals.

( I WANT TO SEE MORE BREPORTS. AM SO FKIN GBORED AT WORK! GOD KILL ME! -which is why I constantly spam diff threads resently sry )
http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=3943

Standards have fallen so desperately
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:56   #140
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
my point is jenova where to blv, and jAY also claimed ot be a member of jenova....... so ur saying hes asc, im saying we where under the impression he was with us while he wasnt........see where im heading?
He was in both alliances. He was multiing. One of his planets was in Jenova. Another in Ascendancy.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:56   #141
Banned
Banned

Quote:
To a failing grade in English?
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:56   #142
Game^

Quote:
Yeah that your recruitment procedures were awful, but I don't see what an internal Jenova matter has to do with us or anyone outside Jenova.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:57   #143
DarkHeart

Damnit mz i really didnt want to have to explain it like i would to a 4 year old

Quote:
rights?

Somebody registers a url, and makes a website. they then restrict that website, and give login details to certain ppl (in this case members of their ally). The creator of said website/database has given those people the right to enter and use his website. As previous discussion he has at no point given those people the right to pass on those login details, and he has certainly not given jgb or whoever the right to enter his website using somebody elses details.

So yes, rights certainly come into it.

And no, the restriction is not designed to keep everybody out who doesnt know them. The restriction is desgined to only let ppl in who the owner of the site/database wants in.

Mz u may not have twisted words, i havent bothered to go back and check, but you are certainly trying to twist the arguement, but im afraid ur just looking a little bit silly
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:59   #144
Mzyxptlk
mz.

If I were afraid of looking silly, I wouldn't have wasted my time on trying to educate the bottomless pit that's your lack of intellect.

Though in all fairness, I'm starting to become scared.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 11:59   #145
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
The rights and wrongs of it aside I think the behaviour of many alliances last night was interesting.

You have xVx command sending impassioned mails to their members asking them to do ever so well and bash the cheaters. That's all good though, it's nice just to see them get involved for a change, maybe their members pick up more of a taste for it. For the record though, this definitely isn't the first time an alliance/galaxy/planet was universally targetted for supposed cheating. Nor the second. Also, you guys bashed jer good, well done.

You have ND, with many of their members thinking this was the funniest reason to hit Asc yet and since they lost their war it was something to do. I think at the command level some of them may have been genuinely unhappy that random strangers had access to their arbiter but I don't know any of those guys so... What is it with the enmity between Asc and ND anyway? Is it cause we mock you so?

You have NoX, participating in the attack but only because it got them a free shot at the fattest galaxy in the game, which I suspect they may well have been about to target anyway, and now they were guaranteed a free shot and with minimal incs themselves so they could really commit some fleet to it. Nice.

You have Jenova, whose HC openly admitted to having no evidence of wrongdoing and yet were the first to threaten their members with instant expulsion should they defend. A touch of the old Kim Jung Il about that really. Guys, you're just not shining right now, you need to shine mmmmmkay?

I think ToF might have been in on it too.

And lastly we have CT, the inspiration, the creators, the conductors of this entire evenings entertainment if you will. Not a single bollock between the lot of them. But when you're really nothing but another alliances bitch for going on 3 rounds now that's hardly surprising. I neither know nor care why expl8t gave JBG the arbiter passwords or why JBG gave them to

Denial. The one big name missing from last nights show. The empty seat at the Oscars as it were. Perhaps they were worries about about facing the same treatment themselves later, as it's obvious they have clearly benefited more from the forbidden fruit the the almighty (6th place) STOOM. Perhaps they just didn't want to be hypocrites. Not like them (I mean you Kenny, you loud ****) to be so quiet on an issue in any case. Come on guys, the champs always have to give a press conference.
pretty close to the truth...

denial werent missing from it afaik

The fact nox hit 8:8 really had v.little to do with the "bash asc" it was suggested by bc's with no idea about the asc frap the fact it has 2 asc ingal and we thought they wudnt get def oog was a deciding factor...
Cant say that you guys being hit didnt benefit us tho.

tof have been playing everyones bitch all round wudnt surprise me if they were following yet another alliance...

Vgn dont do planet targeting this round... but they prolly claimed an asc gal

orbit werent invited to the party because ct didnt want ship donations

as for xvx/nd/jenova well.. im still surprised they gave a night up of targeting DenoX to bother with u guys.... u were very fat tho

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 12:00   #146
Banned
Banned

http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=3944

What a failure.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 12:00   #147
Mzyxptlk
mz.

We actually have 4 ascendancy planets in 8:8. PM me for the coords!
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 12:04   #148
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
You seem to think the two points are related, kicking members for defending planets they've been told not to and that would be counter productive towards the alliance at the time is hardly a new concept. Its not some moral crusade against the evils of ascendancy as you seem to imply.

Personally speaking I couldn't care less if you logged into some arbies using passwords you were given, the only real concern is how they were originally obtained considering their source. Im willing to take jbg's word that he was just given them, that doesnt mean though that we're going to miss out on the opportunity to get easy roids in a collective gang banging of asc planets.

-Cead

Last edited by Ceadrath; 28 Apr 2008 at 12:35.
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 12:04   #149
Jezz84
DDK

Quote:
i dont think jenova hv the right to get on their high horse about placing spies do you?

JoV - Joy of Villainy
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Unread 28 Apr 2008, 12:09   #150
Jezz84
DDK

Quote:
We actually have 4 ascendancy planets in 8:8. PM me for the coords!
oh.. well guess we shud hv hacked your website for better intel then

we had 3 not 2 sorry my bad... it really wasnt intended to be on the bash asc band waggon tho

as for trying to educate darkheart, i gave up wen she said i lost my only chance at being her friend

JoV - Joy of Villainy
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX