User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:13   #101
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Was this NetGamers IRCops? Or on some other network?
Netgamers, afaik something to do with defchans and fakenicks.

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:26   #102
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

SkyHead can you please state your meaning of "fencing" ?

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:33   #103
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
SkyHead can you please state your meaning of "fencing" ?
To avoid wars and mostly stay away from the real fights in the game.

Also picking a fight with a lower alliance, knowing that you'll win, can in some special cases be considered fencing, as your not really in a war where the potential of losing aint that great, nor can the gain be as great as if you picked an fatter or more dangerous enemy..
And you could have picked that war simply to avoid getting involved in a bigger one.

Semi targetting galaxies(only hitting the good targs) an entire round I'd for sure call fencing..

Now can I hear yours? - You should know
Can I also have your meaning of war?

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:37   #104
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
What did ND do?
And I'm asking becaues I honestly don't know, I think I got a pretty accurate idea tho
I have to say, ND's performance this round has greatly impressed me. They lost a lot of good players between the round. 8 out of the 13 who ended T100 last round in fact, and many more besides.

Congratulations to ND and particularly cura, who put in a lot of the pre-round work.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:43   #105
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I have to say, ND's performance this round has greatly impressed me. They lost a lot of good players between the round. 8 out of the 13 who ended T100 last round in fact, and many more besides.

Congratulations to ND and particularly cura, who put in a lot of the pre-round work.
All respect for that and sure your doing great, but you wouldn't be #2 if the other allies hadn't been in small wars/bumped into eachother from time to time.

But let this be the rise, you can't take 1up alone, but nobody would blame you for asking for help, and even if you got beaten top5 and beyond - we'd still remember, but most of all we'd really really respect you!

You do know its not Angels nor Subhs or any other allies responsibility to bring down 1up?

To me it looks like Subh should get their act together again, and together with Angels start hitting ND so they are able to better fight for their respective #2 and #3 posistion..
Then again, this is only my view, but if your not interested in taking down #1 - why should others do so for you to fence past em? (You do know the hope for #1 will eventually dissapear for them to, and they will start getting different priorities)

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 21:53   #106
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the eXilition memberbase had relatively few Dragons/Whatever players in Round 15. I'm probably to blame, in part, for the ruin of that generalisation
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 22:25   #107
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah, but if SunTzu says only fight wars you already know you've won, what do you expect.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 22:41   #108
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Actually the eXilition memberbase had relatively few Dragons/Whatever players in Round 15. I'm probably to blame, in part, for the ruin of that generalisation
ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Yeah, but if SunTzu says only fight wars you already know you've won, what do you expect.
Hopefully a gradual modernization of thought since the times of Sun Tzu.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 22:43   #109
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
1. Yes, 1up are working with Ascendancy.
2. DLR and Ascendancy plan to merge near end of round to become the #1 alliance.

The above two statements are equally truthful.

P.S. who the heck are Reinvented? I couldn't even name a single member of theirs - let alone try to make a deal with them.
Dear Synthetic Sid

Please refrain from making comments about the plans of DLR and DLR command when it is abundantly clear, given your comments above, that you know little if not anything about what DLR is. If you need to post propaganda in these forums in order to keep people off the kill 1up band wagon then I would suggest sticking with your usual suspects.

Kind Regards
DLR Command

PS. Ascendancy and DLR definitely do not have a friendly relationship
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 22:44   #110
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
My HCs usually acts upon past experience, and the knowledge of what will happen if they do not react to a current situation.

You use some uber smart guys quotes to defend your cowardness-
maybe this is why I've been in a winning alliance couple of times the past 4 rounds, and you haven't?

Who knows?

And I doubt France would declare war on pr example the US( or some shit country like NL (Jk where they woulda won) to gain new territory and be a greater country, because the result would be disastrous and actual lives would be lost.. This is a game and all you can do is try, nobody would blame you for failing, but failure to try is something you CAN be blamed for.

Great man, great quotes - but everything needs to be reviewed by situation aswell as the wise words.
You may not have won the war already, but you sure the hell haven't lost it, if you get help and organize it correctly..

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 22:46   #111
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
Dear Synthetic Sid

Please refrain from making comments about the plans of DLR and DLR command when it is abundantly clear, given your comments above, that you know little if not anything about what DLR is. If you need to post propaganda in these forums in order to keep people off the kill 1up band wagon then I would suggest sticking with your usual suspects.

Kind Regards
DLR Command

I think his point was that 1up and ascendancy are not working together dude.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 22:49   #112
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Yes well the number of PM's I have gotten about this waranted a clarification.

DUDE

Cheers
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 22:53   #113
SkyHead

If they did actually merge (just putting out hypotethic situation here) they'd be about 134~ mio, and with that almost 15 mio more then 1up.

Makes me wonder if 1up would react or simply keep hitting gals or whatever the shits they do these days..

I think most here already knows the answer..

And I don't think 1up even would be arsed to get help for it, unless they were getting attacked by others.
Even if they were 15mio more, I think the value amount in those two would be fairly the same
(thanks to 1ups excellent play so far)

My point being, you still got the chance, but the chance won't be there forever ya know.
I do know ND\Angels would have nicer value then 1up, not to mention they'd do great XP gains because I guess 1up got a better avg on value pr player..

Unread 26 Feb 2006, 23:00   #114
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Dear Synthetic Sid

Kind Regards
DLR Command

I almost wet myself when I read your reaction.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 23:38   #115
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

DUDE

Cheers
Yes sir, crystal clear sir, yes sir!

To move on slightly and expand on my sixth class essay "What would I do if I was in charge of rank two or three alliance?" one must return to the essential precepts of Sun Tzu's Art of War. Actually you don't I just said that because I enjoy being a pretentious dick. What you have to realise is the limits of your abilities and the limits of your enemies. Of course before all this you're assuming a partly "win or bust" mentality for the #1 contender alliances. Seeing as angels and ND have #2 spots in their books I don't quite see the point in playing for another one. So what do you do? If you concentrate your attacks on 1up they will hit you back, and hit you back harder. They quite simply have a better military structure. You can't outgrow them, they're better roiders than you are. So what do you do? You out-manuever them. You put them into an impossible situation. You get every #1 contender to hit them relentlessly night after night after night after night. You don't stop, you don't let up, you don't switch off, you don't change your targetting and you don't start hitting your potential allies. It's wrong, it hasn't worked, it won't work and all you end up doing is fighting your enemy's war for you. A winning attitude never involves looking down the food chain.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 23:38   #116
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
All respect for that and sure your doing great, but you wouldn't be #2 if the other allies hadn't been in small wars/bumped into eachother from time to time.

But let this be the rise, you can't take 1up alone, but nobody would blame you for asking for help, and even if you got beaten top5 and beyond - we'd still remember, but most of all we'd really really respect you!

You do know its not Angels nor Subhs or any other allies responsibility to bring down 1up?

To me it looks like Subh should get their act together again, and together with Angels start hitting ND so they are able to better fight for their respective #2 and #3 posistion..
Then again, this is only my view, but if your not interested in taking down #1 - why should others do so for you to fence past em? (You do know the hope for #1 will eventually dissapear for them to, and they will start getting different priorities)
Whilst you have made some valid points, I have to disagree about Angels. They are still in with a big shout of winning, they are as good man for man as ND, and if it came down to ND V Angels for victory Angels would have a good chance. I personally think their HC are rubbish, and they don't know what to do in politics, they never have, and possibly never will.

Subh is a different matter, tried to beat 1up, failed, what next? I'd start small and try to beat someone like TGV and boost morale if it was me.
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 23:47   #117
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Dear Synthetic Sid

Kind Regards
DLR Command
I can confirm this. Ascendancy would have nothing to do with someone with as little sense of humor as was displayed in the above post.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2006, 23:53   #118
Troll
DLR HC

Quote:
I can confirm this. Ascendancy would have nothing to do with someone with as little sense of humor as was displayed in the above post.
I thought it was funny myself
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 00:07   #119
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

But let this be the rise, you can't take 1up alone *snip*
I'm not ND.

If I were ND, I would strongly suggest that ND takes the initiative now, whilst they still have a chance, try to gather support from subh and/or angels, and go in at 1up with everything.

My personal opinion is that 1up are not going to get easier to crack just because you allow them to steal more roids & build more ships.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 00:50   #120
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

DUDE

Cheers
You -are- kidding right? Name and shame the people who believed it!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:20   #121
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This entire thread should be considered in the light of a few additional facts:

A (very) high percentage of DLR are everpresent in ND private member channels, making them de facto members of ND playing out of tag. Or so someone of a suspicous nature could claim....

Fish is one of these people and, infact, Grog has called for defence (for planets unknown) in #ndawn on occasion this round.

Perhaps this changes how Fish's motives for starting this thread should be viewed. And it certainly casts serious doubt on the impartiality of his posts in this regard.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:28   #122
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles

A (very) high percentage of DLR are everpresent in ND private member channels, making them de facto members of ND playing out of tag. Or so someone of a suspicous nature could claim....

Fish is one of these people and, infact, Grog has called for defence (for planets unknown) in #ndawn on occasion this round.

Perhaps this changes how Fish's motives for starting this thread should be viewed. And it certainly casts serious doubt on the impartiality of his posts in this regard.
That could be so Achilles my friend, but does it change the fact that the balance is very much tilting in favour of a 1up victory at the moment? And the round is hardly very old, neither is it entertaining. In my opinion, his main point still stands - time to do something?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:29   #123
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Very good intel Achi, for my gal mate I thought you'd know better.

I am not a member of ND, and have no access to anything ND related.

As for impartiality of people posting in this thread, seems to be FAR more ex 1up than ex ND
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:31   #124
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Whilst you have made some valid points, I have to disagree about Angels. They are still in with a big shout of winning, they are as good man for man as ND, and if it came down to ND V Angels for victory Angels would have a good chance. I personally think their HC are rubbish, and they don't know what to do in politics, they never have, and possibly never will.

Subh is a different matter, tried to beat 1up, failed, what next? I'd start small and try to beat someone like TGV and boost morale if it was me.
On what point do you disagree about Angels?

I'm saying Angels is better then ND, and I do think Angels would win in such a war, but the reason their behind is simply they have been targetted more, by amongst others 1up and lets not forget VgN for a lil while.

What I'm saying is, if ND and Angels don't pull this together neither of them will have a chance of winning.

Simple explonation as to why, 1up are smart, you can use flak allies hitting 1up, but they _almost always_ hit the main ally hitting them, thus if ND blocked with a lower standing alliance, almost for sure would 1up be targetting ND solely, ND would lose their morale and tbh I don't see them getting anywhere in a 1on1 fight( even with additinonal flak)

So why does it NEED to be ND\Angels?
Simply because they are #2 and #3 alliance, 1up won't have a stronghold to hit (infact two), they will have to switch firepower between those two allies, making morale better in both allies as they don't get hit every single night.
Instead of giving them one stronghold to constantly hit ( like with EXil - Subh\VgN hardly got targetted by 1up until the very end when all was lost ) you have the opportunity of giving them constant beating from two fronts ( voila, welcome to last round scenario 1up )

I have a simple conclusion that neither ND or Angels can do this alone, 1up would simply be targetting the main ally, and demoralizing would start.

But ND\Angels - can't you see you can DO this TOGETHER - neither of you should try get any third party involved, simply you two hitting 1up, and they'll have much greater trouble focusing their firepower.

As for Angels - if you guys don't receive any messages from ND in nearest future, I'd give up on #1 and start hitting ND - because you for sure can make #2, and tbh we are already starting to see 1up making a run for their victory with ease

Just remember, neither of you can do it alone, and don't get to comfortable being 2nd and all that ND, Angels are coming

As for Subh, got far more respect for them atm then I have for ND\Angels, atleast Subh gave it a fair shot.
Half lazy attemps won't work either Angels, you gotta hit HARD and you gotta KEEP HITTING.
Not some semi targetting crap, you see, 1up comes smack ya face up, but I guess u already experienced that :P

Last edited by SkyHead; 27 Feb 2006 at 01:39.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:35   #125
The_Fish
ND

I agree with all of that post, but in the one I quoted, you said that Angels/Subh should start hitting ND.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:39   #126
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
As for impartiality of people posting in this thread, seems to be FAR more ex 1up than ex ND
Yeah, because what alliance you used to be determines the slant on posts.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:41   #127
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Yeah, because what alliance you used to be determines the slant on posts.
exactly my point.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:43   #128
SkyHead

Quote:
I agree with all of that post, but in the one I quoted, you said that Angels/Subh should start hitting ND.
Sorry my bad, to quote myself
Quote:
With this I meant unless ND approaches Angels or vice versa, there is no reason for Angels to keep trying to get 1up down, but rather focuse on getting that #2 spot - and not let ND get away with their fencing, because the others tried to take 1up for to long.

/ I'm not exactly sure who ANgels is hitting atm, but afaik its not to long ago both Subh\Angels went all out on 1up

Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:46   #129
The_Fish
ND

Agreed SkyHead.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 01:47   #130
Geezer77
There's Only One United!!

Geezer77 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to interrupt this load of cobblers, but all this time ive been playing this round, all be it usually drunk/hungover/ or just sleep deprived i didn't even know there was an alliance called Ascendancy!!

And on the matter of Angels/ND well we all know there past, but i wouldn't like to talk like the end is already here, ive played this game for too long to expect a quiet end, whats the point if playing if you don't want to win??

'Death Smiles at us all, All a Man can do is Smile Back'
Geezer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 02:17   #131
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To avoid wars and mostly stay away from the real fights in the game.

Also picking a fight with a lower alliance, knowing that you'll win, can in some special cases be considered fencing, as your not really in a war where the potential of losing aint that great, nor can the gain be as great as if you picked an fatter or more dangerous enemy..
And you could have picked that war simply to avoid getting involved in a bigger one.

Semi targetting galaxies(only hitting the good targs) an entire round I'd for sure call fencing..

Now can I hear yours? - You should know
Can I also have your meaning of war?

So basicly you are saying that all t10 alliance are atm fencing?
Unless there are some very secret wars i dont know of

When i say fencesitting, i mean when you have a foot in both of the camps..
Like NoS R13(?), when they were napped/allied to some parts of both blocks, thats fencesitting, effective making sure you dont get incs. Atleast imo.

There is several 100's definitions about war, and im sure you would find mine silly, and im pretty sure i would find yours silly

Edit: Typos :S

Proud to be Newdawn

Last edited by SteInMetz; 27 Feb 2006 at 02:26.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 02:21   #132
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
There is several 100's definitions about war, and im sure you would find mine silly, and im pretty sure i would fine yours silly
War is to throw pink and green flowers at eachother. That's my definition.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 02:49   #133
SkyHead

Quote:
So basicly you are saying that all t10 alliance are atm fencing?
Unless there are some very secret wars i dont know of

When i say fencesitting, i mean when you have a foot in both of the camps..
Like NoS R13(?), when they were napped/allied to some parts of both blocks, thats fencesitting, effective making sure you dont get incs. Atleast imo.

There is several 100's definitions about war, and im sure you would find mine silly, and im pretty sure i would find yours silly

Edit: Typos :S
Your post is hardly worth replying, but it's not like I got anything better to do

In your very unawareness different allies have infact been hitting eachother and\or bumping into eachother at different occasions.

Atleast out of top5, 1up, ANgels and VgN have all been actively targetting\targetted other allies, so that leaves ND and xVx. As for the rest of the top10, each ally plays out of its own ambitions, some of those allies will never have the chance to even compete for top10 - they do whats in their best interest\playing it safe just like NewDawn has done.

But here comes the difference, ambitions.
ND do have the chance getting that #1 posistion, and this is not exactly the first round you have that chance, but u keep sticking with ur strategy never realizing its your own downfall, you got larger ambitions and should thus take a larger part in the game, however you fail to do so everytime.

Maybe I should stop comparing you to Angels, only reason you are infront of them is because they've had loads of incs, something you haven't. / I'm sure you had your share though being actively targetted is way different (alot more fleets in less timeframe)
You are more of the standards of xVx - and allies below, just that you know your way to avoid incs.

But whatever, try twist things in your favour so it sounds better, never changes the fact that you are cowards.

Unread 27 Feb 2006, 02:53   #134
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

mind you, i said ATM

And no, i dont mean Automated Teller Machine

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 02:57   #135
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Asynchronous Transfer Mode?
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 03:01   #136
SkyHead

Quote:
mind you, i said ATM

And no, i dont mean Automated Teller Machine
So if 1up and EXil left eachother alone for one night, they'd be fencing?

We're talking about a round that has progressed for 30days now, and what has happened so far, not what targets 1up or ND is doing THIS night..

What the **** man, get serious...

Unread 27 Feb 2006, 04:59   #137
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

skyhead all ure points are valid, but now things should get more intresting with gal raids becomming less of an attractive target, this may / hopefully influence things to come we shall see though, as only a member I am to do or to die not decide

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 06:27   #138
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Sorry Fish, I like you dude, but this is worse propaganda than the stuff I drivel (and that's an impressive achievement!)

ND are second. Second, with an alliance that supposedly has lost its best players. In my opinion, that's a damn good position, considering who is in #1.
If I was the HC of ND, I'd be perfectly happy with that, and wouldn't want to rock the boat and potentially lose it.

I have much respect for ND, but I think that if they tried ganging up on 1up with Angels, then the best they can hope for is 2nd to Angels. At worst, they'll lose to 1up and end up further down the ranks.

So what would be in it for them? Nothing.
Pft. Who remembers 2nd place? The gaps so small.. easy to close it in afew nights and every1 knows that 1uppers hate to lose roids an give up

Go for 1st! LCH did! Look what happened to us \o/

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 06:31   #139
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I'm not ND.

If I were ND, I would strongly suggest that ND takes the initiative now, whilst they still have a chance, try to gather support from subh and/or angels, and go in at 1up with everything.

My personal opinion is that 1up are not going to get easier to crack just because you allow them to steal more roids & build more ships.
\o/ Go Gate! Glad somones thinking along the same lines No point in hitting the nubjes lower down the ranks to protect the precious 2nd place. LCH tried that trick before, outroiding 1up rarely works Gangbang them ftw \o/

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 08:50   #140
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer77
Sorry to interrupt this load of cobblers, but all this time ive been playing this round, all be it usually drunk/hungover/ or just sleep deprived i didn't even know there was an alliance called Ascendancy!!
Hi Geezer.

There isn´t. It is all rumours.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 08:55   #141
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
...... and every1 knows that 1uppers hate to lose roids an give up
And on what evidence do you make that little cracker of a comment?

1up members lose stacks of roids every single round because every single round we are targetted to the hilt and every single round we are applauded for taking our incoming, getting on with it and not giving up (even Max managed to choke back the vomit and admit that point).

Well done on missing the last 5 rounds of PA.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 08:57   #142
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

And go ND, you managed to borrow some cajones off somone else this morning?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 11:51   #143
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really see why SubH would want to hit 1up at this point.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 13:00   #144
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
I can't really see why SubH would want to hit 1up at this point.
Because ND & Angels are f@gs ?:P

Somebodys gotta do it?

/me awaits lokken, alch flaming ect ;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 13:09   #145
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and by FAG, i ofc mean members of the Film Actors Guild, who appose all forms of violence.

See kj, i was being nice! :P

(Team America FTW!)
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 13:13   #146
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles

wow, so your a ND DC too?? never seen you in DC channel so ill nul & void your 'intel' shall i??

grog only ever reported 1 call and that was last night, we didnt cover it and if you want i cud even post you log of me and 2 other dc's deciding we werent going to commit fleets to it.

come back with some REAL intel plz :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 13:33   #147
SkyHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
wow, so your a ND DC too?? never seen you in DC channel so ill nul & void your 'intel' shall i??

grog only ever reported 1 call and that was last night, we didnt cover it and if you want i cud even post you log of me and 2 other dc's deciding we werent going to commit fleets to it.

come back with some REAL intel plz :P

We all know your the one lying Mek :xmasgrin:

no good coverup

Unread 27 Feb 2006, 13:37   #148
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
And go ND, you managed to borrow some cajones off somone else this morning?

Congratulations ND. It's a good move if you want to win the round. Now if only everyone else could work out how a wargame actually works!
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 13:53   #149
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Congratulations ND. It's a good move if you want to win the round. Now if only everyone else could work out how a wargame actually works!
Absolutely right, nice to see someone making a bold move. the only issue I have is that I'd muh rather dispense with this whole ND/DLR charade and them pretending not to be bedfellows. Just have the spine to admit it and let's get on with our respective asswhuppins.

Quote:
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 14:19   #150
The_Fish
ND

Pretending what now?