User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 21 Feb 2006, 06:57   #1
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve
War !

so what fights do we have so far ? who's fighting who? any official wars been declared ?:P
we know angels and 1up don't like each other a lot hehe ...but what about the others?

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 07:42   #2
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future
Re: War !

I saw the title of the thread and thought it was going to be a juicy declaration
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 07:57   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I too would be interested in finding out.

I'd heard something about subh/lch/angels vs 1up, but being that angels* and 1up have raided my gal during this 'war', and that subh have targetting the LCH in my gal during this time, this doesn't sound particularly believable.

*their scores were mostly below angels average, and so could have been the kicked ones I guess. Plus my access to intel is pretty poor, so I'm relying on other people's interpretations...

Last edited by Gate; 21 Feb 2006 at 08:04.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 07:59   #4
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
I saw the title of the thread and thought it was going to be a juicy declaration
I thought that zz-crew were going after reunion again
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 08:09   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 08:45   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I'd heard something about subh/lch/angels vs 1up, but being that angels* and 1up have raided my gal during this 'war', and that subh have targetting the LCH in my gal during this time, this doesn't sound particularly believable.
Just because all 3 of them are working together against 1up doesn't mean they won't occasionally take a swipe at each other (or neutrals such as yourself) though.
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 09:20   #7
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 09:23   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm at war with Fish on who can piss off Angels the most.

I think I'm winning, for at least ingame reasons.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 09:38   #9
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Just because all 3 of them are working together against 1up doesn't mean they won't occasionally take a swipe at each other (or neutrals such as yourself) though.
that is assuming they are working together, which they aren't. (And if they were they are doing a pretty shit job!)
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 09:59   #10
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
that is assuming they are working together, which they aren't. (And if they were they are doing a pretty shit job!)
It's more a case of "they were" as far as I can tell at the moment.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 10:00   #11
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Edit: mazz beats me :*(

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 11:11   #12
[BA]Apoc
HR-HC (PA Addict)

[BA]Apoc can only hope to improve

i was expecting forrest (sp) to have decalred war on someone by now. Or is he not playing?

Allainces [BA] - [NOS] - [HR]
[BA]Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 11:16   #13
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Edit: mazz beats me :*(
Beaten like an unloved stepchild.
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 11:23   #14
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I'm at war with Fish on who can piss off Angels the most.

I think I'm winning, for at least ingame reasons.

I'm too inactive in game, but I think I win on AD.
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 12:08   #15
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ME TO

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:00   #16
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

After reading the title and the first post, this thread totally fails to deliver.
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 15:31   #17
daku
The one you love to hate!

daku is on a distinguished road

Yea. I think every1 wars everybody! Roid swapping and ship capping is this rounds war so far. Nothing obvious or something like this. It's not too late for blocking (which I hope it won't happen cos round is too nice the way it is)
Curent member of: Real Life
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 20:51   #18
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by daku
...cos round is too nice the way it is)
You mean the total lack of inititive?

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2006, 21:09   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think people are avoiding wars because its unhealthy for the two alliances involved and only gives the other alliances an advantage.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:29   #20
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

I thought TGV & VGN were at war, kargool?

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:33   #21
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I think people are avoiding wars because its unhealthy for the two alliances involved and only gives the other alliances an advantage.
Reminds me of the time I got out the beard trimmers
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:45   #22
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
lolz.

Quote:
Kargool is entirely correct. Anyone remember the LCH vs Insommnia war of r14? Both alliances got hit by a bunch of others. We didn't see any point in having the same happen to us, especially when the entire universe is waiting for something to happen to take advantage of.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 00:45   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
Only two minor skirmirshes.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 01:31   #24
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

with the amount of hair the TGV'ers sport VGN thought they were figthing a rug
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 04:55   #25
intrance

intrance is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Only two minor skirmirshes.
Yea... I've seen a few skirmished between a few alliances already...

I think i smell a war soon tho

- The Pack -
<----exit
intrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 06:26   #26
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
That has to be, by far, the stupidest thing I've read. If anyone hasn't noticed yet--this is a *WAR* game. You *ATTACK* people, that's what the game is about. To avoid wars in a war-game is not only stupid, but completely lame.

About alliance wars: Wars between alliances are vital. By starting, or even finishing what someone else started, in a war, you can advance your alliance, improve your ranking, teach your members things they couldn't learn otherwise, and many other factors. Wars teach as much to a player about a game as a training alliance teachs new players how to play. To avoid wars in a war game, is one of the worst possible things to do.

About the number one spot: My personal opinion is that there are many contenders for the number one spot, but just about every alliance out there (with the exception of mabye Subh, who instigated action--props to them for trying), are lame. A smart contender would know when to strike, when to form a collition, and how to fight the way to victory. Boy, this round sure is lame--then again seems all the even numbered rounds are highly uneventful recently, when compared to the odd numbered rounds. If any alliance wants the number one spot, the burden of proof of who deserves the number one ranking, is up to the person who doesn't have the number one, but wants it.

-NitinA
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 06:37   #27
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
That has to be, by far, the stupidest thing I've read. If anyone hasn't noticed yet--this is a *WAR* game. You *ATTACK* people, that's what the game is about. To avoid wars in a war-game is not only stupid, but completely lame.

About alliance wars: Wars between alliances are vital. By starting, or even finishing what someone else started, in a war, you can advance your alliance, improve your ranking, teach your members things they couldn't learn otherwise, and many other factors. Wars teach as much to a player about a game as a training alliance teachs new players how to play. To avoid wars in a war game, is one of the worst possible things to do.

About the number one spot: My personal opinion is that there are many contenders for the number one spot, but just about every alliance out there (with the exception of mabye Subh, who instigated action--props to them for trying), are lame. A smart contender would know when to strike, when to form a collition, and how to fight the way to victory. Boy, this round sure is lame--then again seems all the even numbered rounds are highly uneventful recently, when compared to the odd numbered rounds. If any alliance wants the number one spot, the burden of proof of who deserves the number one ranking, is up to the person who doesn't have the number one, but wants it.

-NitinA

Totally in disagreement with you. You should talk to the others in LCH about how profitable the war with Insomnia was last round.

In a war the two alliances warring tend to get jumped by others alliances who knows that they can get easy roids and score out of the two alliances warring. If war's had been hardcoded as Kal suggested before he left I would agree to what you are saying but I really only sees disadvantages with a war, unless the alliance you decide to go to war against is half your size and cant fight back.

Fight the wars you can win someone wrote in a book i've read..
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 11:14   #28
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

He is not saying it is profitable, he is saying you cannot win pa without going to war, roid races and roid swapping is pretty lame.

Quote:
If any alliance wants the number one spot, the burden of proof of who deserves the number one ranking, is up to the person who doesn't have the number one, but wants it.
qft.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 11:27   #29
Europatriot
zz-crew MMC

Europatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Totally in disagreement with you. You should talk to the others in LCH about how profitable the war with Insomnia was last round.
Quote:
A smart contender would know when to strike, when to form a collition, and how to fight the way to victory.
Quote:
Fight the wars you can win someone wrote in a book i've read..
You don't agree, and then repeat the same message?
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 11:36   #30
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

war is inevitable if anyone wants to win. Imo i wouldnt worry too much about the lack of at present as its something which will arise eventually.
No-one wants to be known as the alliance which could have won, but didnt because they were too afraid to go to war.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 11:46   #31
furball

I think Kargool is saying that TGV could not be certain of winning a battle against VGN. From VGN's point of view, the same is true. It would be a 50-50 fight, both alliances having proven to each other that they can take roids off of each other. VGN's un-coordinated attack took a fair few roids off TGV. TGV's response took a fair few off VGN.

If we thought that we could have a fair fight, we might be in one right now. It shows how this round is going when we're pretty sure that both sides will get a lot of fleets incoming if a war starts - and not just from the opposing alliance.

Why draw that kind of attention on yourself? VGN sits 5th, top of the alliances which have usually been its competition. 1up are ahead of us. Subh, with eXilition, are ahead of us. Angels have accepted back their members and are back ahead of us. NewDawn are ahead of us; having been pegged back a bit, they've pulled away again.

Below us are TGV, LCH and xVx - and we're fairly comfortably ahead of them. Now, why should we get into a war right now?
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 11:47   #32
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
war is inevitable if anyone wants to win. Imo i wouldnt worry too much about the lack of at present as its something which will arise eventually.
No-one wants to be known as the alliance which could have won, but didnt because they were too afraid to go to war.
I hope so:[ 80 fleets attacking gals is just insane:P @least when alliances target alliances only afew planets get hit! All that red hurts my eyes :crazyxmas: It also makes in-gal def pretty hard as every1 has 1 spare fleet, which is needed to run their shippies:crymeariver: This all seems a strange contrast to the block-wars of previous rounds, but im sure when 1up get far enough ahead wars will break out

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 12:56   #33
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Still made at least one wave recall from you though luke
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 13:00   #34
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^

That statement is pretty much valid for all the top 5 alliances, or maybe just only for the top 3 alliances. Alliances below that will fight to hold their ground in the rankings, and a war against another alliance whom are equal in size and quality will only be a futile attempt to stagger that alliance, making it open play for the alliances around you.

Some of the top 10 alliances allready dont have a chance of winning, but are fighting for position. I belive that all the alliances in top 10 are very careful about where to pick their fights right now.
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 17:36   #35
Fridge
Angel

Fridge is on a distinguished road

As of today, Angels is going to declare War on eXilition

oh wait!

Former:
Furious Angels | FAnG | ChâoZ Daddy | Angels till i die

Furious Angels Gaming community
Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 17:38   #36
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridge
As of today, Angels is going to declare War on eXilition

oh wait!
that wouldnt happen if exilition were playing ;p
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 17:40   #37
Fridge
Angel

Fridge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
that wouldnt happen if exilition were playing ;p
i also forgot Forest isnt Angels MO anymore

Former:
Furious Angels | FAnG | ChâoZ Daddy | Angels till i die

Furious Angels Gaming community
Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 17:41   #38
Teargas
Aberrant Shadows

Teargas will become famous soon enoughTeargas will become famous soon enough

One thing that is saddening is that no one is willing to take chances in this game anymore. People throw too much caution and won't take risks at all. I understand the strategy of it, but there comes a point where it's excessive.

Round 2-10: None
Round 15-16: [BIG]
IRC: Tchort / Frank
Teargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 18:17   #39
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

It will happen.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2006, 18:54   #40
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teargas
One thing that is saddening is that no one is willing to take chances in this game anymore. People throw too much caution and won't take risks at all. I understand the strategy of it, but there comes a point where it's excessive.
Dont want to take chances anymore? You obviously didn't play during the huge powerblock times....
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 01:14   #41
reconverse
[...]

reconverse is a jewel in the roughreconverse is a jewel in the roughreconverse is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It would be a 50-50 fight, both alliances having proven to each other that they can take roids off of each other.
Quote:
If we thought that we could have a fair fight, we might be in one right now.

50/50 sounds fair enough

Who will come out as the best?
In a 50/50 case it can go eitherway, that's what makes it so fair but that also gives the fun right?!
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 04:45   #42
Teargas
Aberrant Shadows

Teargas will become famous soon enoughTeargas will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Dont want to take chances anymore? You obviously didn't play during the huge powerblock times....
I have played every round. Even then though the blocks seemed to be some action and not just stagnant water. :/

Round 2-10: None
Round 15-16: [BIG]
IRC: Tchort / Frank
Teargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 09:44   #43
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

... dont say a word
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 20:23   #44
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

*me bashs head against wall*

To wait till one alliance has had the advantage *all round*, has built up their values by having more roids than any alliance *all round*, have a higher defence fleet efficency due to their larger value (1 fleet covers 1 call) *all round*, then attacking them in hopes of defeating them because they have become "too big" is about one of the stupidest things Ive heard.

-NitinA
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 21:21   #45
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

The problem for me is the top5 allies atm have to much history between each other.

What I mean by this is 1up & ND have tended to fight on the same side, so why risk relations in a free round? Angels tend to get owned by 1up, so wont wanna go there again but may be concerned more with being bashed by both, if they decide to target one. SubH have already been mentioned as the only ally to actually try something, that dont surprise me as they have less political baggage imo. VGN seem more concerned about loosing 5th from the competition below, rather then looking to progress forward (which i can fully understand and sympathise with, having been in a similar position myself).

All these theories, coupled with the fact this is a free round, well i think thats why the top5 is the way it is!

Plus it's possible the HC just aint arsed about waring so soon in R16. Maybe they just dont wanna risk burning out their DCs, as there is a REAL round just around the corner (apparently anyway ;P).

When the last few weeks do eventually arrive, I still cant see any major wars happening. It'll be interesting to see if Ascendancy can make top4.

Anyway, congrats again 1up!
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 21:47   #46
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
snip
I seriously doubt any ally in the top 5 that is playing sees this round as not real. Its not an easy round for any alliance, at least from my viewpoint and DCs that ive spoken to are doing just as much as in previous rounds.
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 21:50   #47
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Plus it's possible the HC just aint arsed about waring so soon in R16. Maybe they just dont wanna risk burning out their DCs, as there is a REAL round just around the corner (apparently anyway ;P).
So r1-r4 wasn't real? (Because they were free?)
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 22:11   #48
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Seth, 1up and ND havent been on the same side since R13, this is now R16, in R14 1up pwned ND to seal victory, and in R15 ND didnt help 1up as eXi (and flak) hit 1up.

Still, you're right in congratulating 1up though.
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 23:19   #49
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
So r1-r4 wasn't real? (Because they were free?)

r.9.5 was considered -not real- by the alliances being bashed.

read all but ldk+friends.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2006, 23:22   #50
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
r.9.5 was considered -not real- by the alliances being bashed.

read all but ldk+friends.

I know. But every round played is a real round, so don't know where they get their logic from