User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:17   #1
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
LCH denies members the right do defend galmates

I login to PA and see theres a red incoming warning. I check the galaxy status and see a fellow fcrew member is one of those under attack. I pass the details on to the BC's who start to handle it and I head off to LCH to report the rest of the incoming. Next tick and a couple more get incoming, these havent supplied alliance details yet so its down to the galaxy to defend.

So as its closing into eta 5 and its the last chance to send and we all know where out ships are I have the following conversation with the biggest member of my galaxy.

Quote:
[00:29] <Wakey|Laptop> hope someones covering the two uncovered incoming
[00:29] <Ertai> no slots free
Strange I thought to myself, theres no ships leaving the galaxy from him and theres no returning ships to his planet. So i queried it in my best "I trust you honest" tone

Quote:
[00:31] <Wakey|Laptop> thats strange, there must be a bug on the gal status screen as you have no ships going out of the galaxy and- none returning apparently
To which i got the reply
Quote:
[00:33] <Ertai> i need to def 1 time a day and 2 attacks 1 time a day to keep my universe position
[00:44] <Wakey|Laptop> and galaxy defence doesnt count because
[00:44] <Ertai> i need my slots or i get kicked
[00:44] <Ertai> out of alliance
Now the guys LCH and I have to wonder is this really your policy. In a time when theres alot being raised about galaxies dont work and dont breed an enviorment of helping due to issues like fake tagging, yet here they are denying members the right to defend their galaxy mates. How on earth can you justify such action simply for personal gain.

And are LCH the only alliance to be using the threat of not having enough defence points to allow you to call upon alliance defence or even keep your place in the alliance as a way of restricting members from helping their galaxy?
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:21   #2
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: LCH denies members the right do defend galmates

ingal defense go both way, LCH should understand that next time ertai will be undefended ETA5, he will not get any defense from you wakey, they loose big time.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:23   #3
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

I'm sure a lot of other alliances have def points quotas, but I'm sure he could have done both if he simply just only had 1 attack that night instead of HAVING to attack with 2 fleets a night.
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:24   #4
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

defending in gal is important.

though alliance > random galaxy

I would never defend 1up in my gal. as an example.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:25   #5
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

WAKEY!!!!

I have a LCH in my gal also or 2 not sure how many yet but damn they are stubborn when it comes to defending in galaxy.

Oh and they also like to get there alliance to rape there own galaxy. They are pretty evul tbh.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:27   #6
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

Anybody but me have a feeling that either they where ordered not to def against _This_ attack. or he was just being selfish and didn't want to spare fleets for his gal m8s.

either way. I doubt this is a normal policy.

so it's hardly any reason to stink up AD with this. go pester your gal m8 instead.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:28   #7
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
defending in gal is important.

though alliance > random galaxy

I would never defend 1up in my gal. as an example.
pretty sure next time you get incomming and aren't online.....you won't get def either
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:30   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbreeze
pretty sure next time you get incomming and aren't online.....you won't get def either
I have defended in gal. And will do so as long as I can.

BUT - if a good alliance m8 which I have played with many rounds get incs, I ll choose to def him over gal m8.

and - I am always online -and I ll get defence

^^

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:31   #9
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
I'm sure a lot of other alliances have def points quotas, but I'm sure he could have done both if he simply just only had 1 attack that night instead of HAVING to attack with 2 fleets a night.

Yes i think all alliances should have def points and its rare not to have them nowadays. As for defending 1up well what can i say?
*I defend any alliance in my galaxy as long as they defend back.
Galaxy is as important as an alliance.

* Obviously as long as my alliance is not attacking the planet.

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:33   #10
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Anybody but me have a feeling that either they where ordered not to def against _This_ attack. or he was just being selfish and didn't want to spare fleets for his gal m8s.

so it's hardly any reason to stink up AD with this. go pester your gal m8 instead.
We need something to spam the the AD boards with as ppl are gettng bored.

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:36   #11
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

I can top you wakey.

Had a 1up guy get covered ingal organized by LCH GC, and told to pull his other partial def as it was covered.

They then pulled 5 minutes before combat, getting the 1upers fi flack wiped out when it could have been sent away.

In conclusion. Yeh is a fag. And lch is a fitting home for him. (Both which I knew already, and would have told the member if he'd asked.)
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:38   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
I can top you wakey.

Had a 1up guy get covered ingal organized by LCH GC, and told to pull his other partial def as it was covered.

They then pulled 5 minutes before combat, getting the 1upers fi flack wiped out when it could have been sent away.

In conclusion. Yeh is a fag. And lch is a fitting home for him. (Both which I knew already, and would have told the member if he'd asked.)

imo a legit tactic when two alliances are at war.

Long live the cynical twats.

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:42   #13
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
imo a legit tactic when two alliances are at war.

Long live the cynical twats.
Not defending is legitimate.

Not reporting inc is legitimate.

That, however, takes being a tit to whole new levels.

Of course, coming from LDK, your support for dirty, classless play is expected wishmaster. Your idea of an honorable sacrifice is when your hamster lets you roid his planet.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:44   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos

Well its not the first time he's pulled the "no spare fleet" excuse so far this round. In fact this is the second time in the lasy 24-36 hours. The previous times however i took him for his word, and would have this time if i hadnt noticed how few fleets were leaving the galaxy and how few were returning from missions. And yes it might be him being selfish rather than actually policy but at the same time it might not.

It is strange that people here moan about lack of activity then pretty much every post on here not made by 1up seems to get a people being hostile about it being here

Oh and Alch on the not defending him matter. Seems I might be doing that sooner than expected. After posting the thread i went back to irc and noticed he was asking for defence. Went and check out gal status and sure enough he had incoming at eta 7. Incoming which judging from his reaction he cant get defence for and theres only me around to help him sadly all my useful ships are out defending others so i wont be able to help him
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:47   #15
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis

Of course, coming from LDK, your support for dirty, classless play is expected wishmaster. Your idea of an honorable sacrifice is when your hamster lets you roid his planet.
My hamster is willing to die for me! ( Wishamster)

and - yeah - I do anything according to the rules to win.

Fake defending is a well known tactic. I did it in early rounds aswell.. at tick 72 I sent an attack fleet, got a m8 to defend it - just to recall at eta 1 . I did the same to help him.

We mailed them and said it was covered..

part of the game.

All fun and legit.

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:50   #16
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

And to think LDK HC used to wonder why everyone thought them a pack of complete twats
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:53   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

the winners are often looked on as twats.

sad but true

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:56   #18
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
I can top you wakey.

That really is low. I never will understand people who either take such underhand tactic or undertake things like cheating to win. Surely part of the enjoyment of doing well is from the knowledge you did it with skill and honour yet in modern PA it often seems that some people get enjoyment soley from seeing how underhand they can play this game.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 01:57   #19
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

sad but true

Unfortunatly in LDK's case the invective doesnt end there.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 02:14   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Fake defending is a well known tactic. I did it in early rounds aswell.. at tick 72 I sent an attack fleet, got a m8 to defend it - just to recall at eta 1 . I did the same to help him.

We mailed them and said it was covered..

part of the game.

All fun and legit.
You see, I have no problem with that. It's part of the game, and if you're fool enough to be taken in by it, then you deserve whatever happens.

There's a big difference between that and doing such under-hand things in-gal. Your galaxy is another line of loyalty, second only to your alliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis

Absolutly.

This round I'm buddying with a ND and a 1up. Before the round started, we made a "gentlemens' agreement" whereby we promised each other that we'd report any incoming - but that we wouldn't defend it if circumstances so dictated. Where has the sense of honour gone?

Half the reason why I agreed with Jester's scrap galaxies suggestion
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 02:31   #21
Wishmaster
LDK

I would never do that to a person in my buddypack.

Nor would I do it to random guy in random alliance.

Nor to a guy which I liked.

But if my alliance was at war with an alliance - I could V well do such a thing - and then smile - as I exiled him out of gal afterwards..

yeah... I m a twat

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 02:41   #22
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

sad but true
LCH have never been winners have they?

Plus it really doesnt surprise me when I shared a galaxy with LCH HC and they purposely fked me over the night after I spent all night slaving away to report their incomings even when they were my enemy. Normally I would always report incomings for my galaxy, but after LCH fked me over last round I really cba anymore unless they're willing to report my incomings and actually do so.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 02:44   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

I refered to a comment about LDK - not LCH.

something u ll find out if u cba to read the entire thread.

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 02:47   #24
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I refered to a comment about LDK - not LCH.

something u ll find out if u cba to read the entire thread.
It still gave me an excuse to show LCH HC as being twats.

And LDK were everything the rumours say!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 02:50   #25
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
It still gave me an excuse to show LCH HC as being twats.

heheh fair enough reason

rest I cba to comment on.

Quote:
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 03:03   #26
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
LCH have never been winners have they?

Plus it really doesnt surprise me when I shared a galaxy with LCH HC and they purposely fked me over the night after I spent all night slaving away to report their incomings even when they were my enemy. Normally I would always report incomings for my galaxy, but after LCH fked me over last round I really cba anymore unless they're willing to report my incomings and actually do so.
See this is half the problem this game has, people let alliance issues get in the way of their galaxy. It just builds distrust and then erodes this communities spirt even further. You have always struck me as a resonable person (based on the fact ive had fewer heated arguments and more informed discussions with you than any of your old fury counter parts ) and that you have been driven to being somewhat deprimental to your galaxies progress by their actions is saying something. And as long as any alliance is encouraging such behaviour its never going to improve
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 03:26   #27
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't read too much into one person's actions. More likely than some official policy, he just doesn't want to defend you. There's always an excuse.

Cooling would say that alliances shift too often for someone to have much loyalty to anyway, but this seems to show that this is not the case for at least a few top tier alliances.

I think its better to encourage honourable play with one's galaxy. Not so much charitable play, but at least honourable. I'm happy to invest in newer players who seem keen to learn, and I can exert some influence to find them a friendly home somewhere. Its people who are negligently inactive or seem to be playing SimPlanet that get ignored, and I won't waste a fleet slot on.

I think the reason its best to encourage fair play is that your alliance builds a reputation, and like it or not your alliance gets to be known very quickly in a round. Thus for instance Zhil will never trust an LCH again, and I doubt most 1up would. I'd advise any friends I had to exile any LDK ASAP. Etc.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 03:57   #28
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

I would argue that alliances are able to build this reputation over time, and that it stems from the shared values of its membership as a whole, which is essentially paraphrasing what you have said Cayl. If these shared values consist of 'anything goes as long as its within the rules' then the alliance will quickly develop a reputation for ruthlessness and mongish behaviour.

Now I would argue that this is no basis for an ideological project, how can you develop alliance cohesion from a base of self interest? Obviously planetarion is not a game in which the principles of charity and altruism prevail to any great extent, but to rule them out completely will filter down into the alliances membership. If the alliance has as its official policy to "act like complete tits to anyone and everyone" then fine, thats a shared value, but its not one that is particularly helpful.

It might not even be particularly rational, as if you develop a reputation as a pack of complete wankers, then as has been pointed out earlier in this thread, people are unlikely to reciprocate in your defence. By acting selfishly you have diminished your alliances standing with the rest of the playerbase and cannot expect benevolent reciprocity. And I think this is the gist of what Cayl was saying, in the short term it might pay to be selfish, but in the long run it makes absolutely no sense; as your galaxy (and not your alliance) is the last line of defence, and thus arguably the most important.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 04:47   #29
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

To me this is just LCH looking at the events of round 12, and upping their discipline levels, and it's been a long time coming.
However, I don't think LCH told him specifically, all your slots are needed every day, 2 for attacks, one for def. In fact, i'd go as far as saying he's probably only required to provide 1 def slot per day, and has a score requirement. He's just lame enough at attacking to think he must attack twice a day to maintain universe position.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 05:33   #30
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

lmao.. by any chance is this thread 'sponsored by 1up'? man.. learn the facts b4 u go getting all excited about the 'evul lchers', LCH policy is 1 attack and 1 def a night.. hardly taxing? and thats not EVERY night, ofc if ure gal has alot of incs ure not expected to defend as a must.. just average of at least 1 def a day.. considering u can usually get afew defs in with 1 fleet alone its not alot to ask. I find this amusing considering 1ups actions in previous rounds, with their 'terror tactics'. So less 1up propaganda plz, take that to ure 'Hail Sid' forum.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 06:01   #31
butter

butter is an unknown quantity at this point

LCH ~ HC for those of you who did not know

we do have a policy for member to have a minimum def count not that surprising I would think and yes that does mean we ask at least one fleet for def each day. We do also expect members participate in alliance attacks ~ nothing about 2 per day.

I am not commenting on this particular attack at the start of the thread when I answer... this is a general answer which is all I beieve is required to stop the misinformation.

As with an alliance there may be times when a member is unable to defend in gal (remember I am not referring specifically here).
There is no policy in LCH preventing members from defending in gal in the usual way unless for eg
if that planet is being retaled
if that planet is being attacked by an alliance member
and probably some other cases.

I repeat LCH does not prevent in gal defence as a blanket rule.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 06:05   #32
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

F-Crew denies members to play Planetarion

Quote:
Rankings are teh proof :eek:
This does raise alot of questions..
How are you guys trying to maintain a memberbase if you dont actually play the game?
When your not playing does that work with ingal defence or do you guys only care about your own planet?
Which I find very selfish on a personal note..
Why use this strategy when there other strategies that have proven to be effective?

I personally would leave my ally if they wanted me to forsake my galm8's
This whole thread is kinda based on nothing imo
Im suprised to see that respected people like Alch and Wakey take this so seriously tho

Next time an ND officer pets me ill go spam AD about the new LCH ND pact..

Last edited by Alessio; 13 Apr 2005 at 07:06.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 09:28   #33
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Im suprised to see that respected people like Alch and Wakey take this so seriously tho

tbh it should be taken seriously, and peeps should know about it, however think it should be in a "top players are tw**s" thread rather than "LCH are tw**s" thread.

having a little experiance of LCHers ingal. i can say that they are good players and an asset to the galaxy, just like most players from most other alliances. willing to help out not only in fleet and shippies but in all aspect of gal life

there are always gonna be selfish players out there, but as you have been told it is not LCH policy so you can not tar the whole alliance with the same brush.

Personally i would exile him and hope to watch him land in a crappy n00b gal as tbh he is obviously no use to you anyway
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 09:46   #34
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove
lmao.. by any chance is this thread 'sponsored by 1up'? man.. learn the facts b4 u go getting all excited about the 'evul lchers', LCH policy is 1 attack and 1 def a night.. hardly taxing? and thats not EVERY night, ofc if ure gal has alot of incs ure not expected to defend as a must.. just average of at least 1 def a day.. considering u can usually get afew defs in with 1 fleet alone its not alot to ask. I find this amusing considering 1ups actions in previous rounds, with their 'terror tactics'. So less 1up propaganda plz, take that to ure 'Hail Sid' forum.
Its always great when clueless idiots try and flame you. Anyone with half a brain knows i'm far from 1ups biggest fan and as such this is hardly 1up propaganda. And perhaps if you could read you would notice I didnt say LCH were doing this but rather posted what the member claimed and equired if it was true. Now if your going to go around acusing me of being a 1up propaganda machine then please just piss off back under your rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter
LCH ~ HC for those of you who did not know

we do have a policy for member to have a minimum def count not that surprising I would think and yes that does mean we ask at least one fleet for def each day. We do also expect members participate in alliance attacks ~ nothing about 2 per day.

I am not commenting on this particular attack at the start of the thread when I answer... this is a general answer which is all I beieve is required to stop the misinformation.

As with an alliance there may be times when a member is unable to defend in gal (remember I am not referring specifically here).
There is no policy in LCH preventing members from defending in gal in the usual way unless for eg
if that planet is being retaled
if that planet is being attacked by an alliance member
and probably some other cases.

I repeat LCH does not prevent in gal defence as a blanket rule.
If thats the case and its not policy then perhaps you should be looking to take action against this guy then. I know I shouldnt be requesting this as hes my galaxy mate but he not really helping the galaxy and people like him certainly dont help the game.

Hes refusing defence on what you say is the false grounds of you requirung all his fleets and from other comments on this thread he isnt the only one doing the same thing and its your responsability to this community to stamp it out. And before you say your only responceability is to LCH no its not, every player in this game has a responceability to support the game and help it grow which actions like this dont do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I personally would leave my ally if they wanted me to forsake my galm8's

Next time an ND officer pets me ill go spam AD about the new LCH ND pact..
I'll ignore your attempt at comedy to say that i'm sure you would take it seriously if it was your galaxy. Heres a guy whos by far the biggest planet in the galaxy, who expects me and the rest of the galaxy to help defend him and his fellow LCH gal mates BUT who himself wont bother helping the galaxy either because LCH have told him to (which they have denied here but there a number of other none 1up reports both here and on irc of simerlar action happening) or hes using it as an excuse. Either way they should be doing something about him and people like him as hes dishonouring himself, the alliance and the game with his actions
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 10:06   #35
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
If thats the case and its not policy then perhaps you should be looking to take action against this guy then. I know I shouldnt be requesting this as hes my galaxy mate but he not really helping the galaxy and people like him certainly dont help the game.
a player has any right to refuse ingal defence if he wants to ... it's still his account he paid for! why should his alliance punish him for that ?

see it a bit like work and free time .... everything concerned your alliance is your "WORK" in PA where you get your defpoints,attackpoints every week and get defence back (like your wages). When i come back home and my neighbour (galmate) has trouble in which way ever (under attack) it is nice when i help him ofc and i support it in every way (defence)... but if i dont want to i dont have to ... and if my neighbour goes to my boss why should he punish me for it ? he has just nothing to do with it

And of course my boss might say : i dont think it's right what you have done ... you should better help your neighbours from a social point of view. but he cant enforce it and it wouldnt be legal if he fires you because of things concerning your privacy ( as long they are legal ) and i think not defending gal mates is legal ... even if it's not very polite.

--------------

i have 2 or 3 f-crew gal mates too. i cant say they are a big help or any addition to our galaxy at all. so if i have to chose between defending my alliance at night or a gal mate that is not active enough to report his own incomings i would chose my alliance.

maybe u get my point
yes i am LCH but that has nothing to do with it :S

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 10:25   #36
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I havent shared a gal with LCH (to my knowledge) since round 11. However, in that round they were good players, often helped out with in gal def. The only downside is that they kept 'quitting' every few days cos we weren't the #1 galaxy (they always came back though). This got annoying after a while. However, apart from refusing to defend one guy from a particular alliance, they were pretty good sports.

On a seperate note, is it not possible he couldnt defend you cos he had already prelaunched some def somewhere else? He may not have wanted to tell you this, or this may have accounted for other failures to defend. I for one will never recal or cancel a def fleet without permission from DC etc... and due to ETAs being so variable at this stage in the round, most of my defenses have to be prelaunched.

Last edited by Neferti; 13 Apr 2005 at 10:31.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 10:29   #37
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
LDK never were winners and will never be winners.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 11:34   #38
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Its always great when clueless idiots try and flame you. Anyone with half a brain knows i'm far from 1ups biggest fan and as such this is hardly 1up propaganda. And perhaps if you could read you would notice I didnt say LCH were doing this but rather posted what the member claimed and equired if it was true. Now if your going to go around acusing me of being a 1up propaganda machine then please just piss off back under your rock.
1. lmao.. u call that a flame?
2. Major arrogance assuming that anyones heard of u and is aware of ure 'political' opinion?
3. I wasnt neccesarily refering to you when i mentioned the 1up propaganda-.- but alot of the posts have been amusingly 'pro' 1up, which well lets be honest isnt normal.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 11:55   #39
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
2. Major arrogance assuming that anyones heard of u and is aware of ure 'political' opinion?
3. I wasnt neccesarily refering to you when i mentioned the 1up propaganda-.- but alot of the posts have been amusingly 'pro' 1up, which well lets be honest isnt normal.
Actually

1) It was a flame by the standards of these boards
2) People have heard of Wakey, people do know his political opinion, he posts resonably often.
3) How the **** this thread has anything to do with 1up just boggles my mind
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 11:57   #40
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Quote:
I think everyone knows who Wakey is. If you don't, go and ask your HC.

Quote:
Actually, I'd say that pro-1up posts are normal

Most things on this forum divide between pro-1up and anti-1up (aka 1up flame, there's not many well-though-out anti-1up posts)
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 12:02   #41
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I havent shared a gal with LCH (to my knowledge) since round 11. However, in that round they were good players, often helped out with in gal def. The only downside is that they kept 'quitting' every few days cos we weren't the #1 galaxy (they always came back though). This got annoying after a while. However, apart from refusing to defend one guy from a particular alliance, they were pretty good sports.

On a seperate note, is it not possible he couldnt defend you cos he had already prelaunched some def somewhere else? He may not have wanted to tell you this, or this may have accounted for other failures to defend. I for one will never recal or cancel a def fleet without permission from DC etc... and due to ETAs being so variable at this stage in the round, most of my defenses have to be prelaunched.
If they were committed elsewhere then fine he should say that rather than hiding behind a lie. How is a galaxy supposed to function when people cant trust those in the galaxy to tell the truth

[Edit - I will admit that after i had posted the thread (Well i hadnt hit post at the time but I'd hit preview and was just formatting it right and didnt notice it immediatly) he did mention he didnt have ships of any use. But that seemed very much like an after thought after I queried the validity of his claim he would be kicked. I mean if thats truely the case it should have been his first reason not something mentioned 25 mins later]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
a player has any right to refuse ingal defence if he wants to ... it's still his account he paid for! why should his alliance punish him for that ?

see it a bit like work and free time .... everything concerned your alliance is your "WORK" in PA where you get your defpoints,attackpoints every week and get defence back (like your wages). When i come back home and my neighbour (galmate) has trouble in which way ever (under attack) it is nice when i help him ofc and i support it in every way (defence)... but if i dont want to i dont have to ... and if my neighbour goes to my boss why should he punish me for it ? he has just nothing to do with it

And of course my boss might say : i dont think it's right what you have done ... you should better help your neighbours from a social point of view. but he cant enforce it and it wouldnt be legal if he fires you because of things concerning your privacy ( as long they are legal ) and i think not defending gal mates is legal ... even if it's not very polite.

--------------

i have 2 or 3 f-crew gal mates too. i cant say they are a big help or any addition to our galaxy at all. so if i have to chose between defending my alliance at night or a gal mate that is not active enough to report his own incomings i would chose my alliance.

maybe u get my point
yes i am LCH but that has nothing to do with it :S
IF he was stating that it was his OWN choice not to defend then yes LCH would probally be within their rights to ignore it BUT hes not, hes stating its the ALLIANCE whos forcing him to do so. Now if LCH dont support this action then surely this is punishable in someway?

And while this is off topic Jupp, if the F-Crew members in your galaxy are refusing to offer defence in galaxy even when they have the ships to do so and are around then let me know. Unlike others here i'm willing to take hard decisions for the sake of the game and am more than willing to tell anyone refusing defence to their galaxy for no reason (and also unlike other alliances I dont even include the fact you dont like the alliance they are in as a reason) that they are to stop acting like selfish twats or get out.

If however your complaint is more on the players activity levels then sadly theres not a great deal more I can do. Unlike LCH, alliances towards the bottom end of the game cant just turn around and pick up a load of quality, highly active players. All we can hope is we can pick up some players whom we can help improve both playing wise and activity wise. Yes like most smaller alliance that does mean our members are sometimes arent the greatest and yes that does also sometimes hinder our defence BUT we do help make these players better. We get them on IRC, we get them to be around more frequently, we get them to understand the stats better. Probally the one thing which we seem to often fail is keeping members for more than a round, we equip them for life higher up and they jump at the chance when its offered which while its good for them and we are pleased to have helped them take the next step does leave us lacking some depth outside the HC at the start of every round which is obviously a little restrictive as you dont have the depth to bring players through to a good level as quick as we would ideally like

Quote:
1. I did say TRY to flame rather than did flame
2. Major arrogance, hardly its just simply the case that my forum account is one of the oldest on these forums, i'm the longest serving mod on these forums and I'm failry vocal on issues i believe in. As such certainly by forum posters people know me fairly well and certainly know my 'political' opinions
3. When have i posted pro 1up. The closest ive come really was saying Zh|l is a fairly resonable person. And ofc others are pro 1up they are probaly the most vocal collection of players in this community. Its not actually a bad thing either, id perfer them than those who dont post any their views
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 13 Apr 2005 at 12:19.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 12:18   #42
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
You seem to have missed the point. Some people would click the exile button. Or pull a stunt on him. Recall defences on him. Get him roided. Yes, it's his account, and if he doesn't want to cooperate, I'm pretty sure his galmates are not too enthusiastic helping him out either.

To the courtesy of LCH, though, the few LCH in my galaxy do participate in galaxy defences and reporting incomings.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 12:21   #43
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
LDK never were winners and will never be winners.

ignorant n00b.

go check #1 in all rounds. | then c how many where ldk wins

Quote:

Last edited by Wishmaster; 13 Apr 2005 at 12:36.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 12:30   #44
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
ignorant n00b.

go check #1 in all rounds.
I did, found you as #1 cheaters in all rounds.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:09   #45
Yeh_of_Arcanum

Yeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these partsYeh_of_Arcanum is infamous around these parts

Quite laughable Tissi... It was mistake, i n00bed (And its not my fault ur members are so inactive they cant follow recall orders given 3 hours before landing) Something i have learned from several alliances this round is that 1up and Angels are the ones denying ingalaxy defending, not LCH. Also when thinking how many times i have reported galaxy mates incs to ur bot, u could shut up quite fast.

Next we can talk who uses what kind tactics...ever heard of Fury or 1up player break cluster nap / alliance or refuses ingalaxy defence? Atleast i can remember those things happening every round i have played, how many times have i done that? 2, u hopely remember both, as first was r5 when BiggHeads galaxy started attacking our cluster alliances galaxies in c10 and as there werent anyway to save them, we needed to get those roids first. Second one was in r6 when Furgion vs rest war ended to my galaxys rapings and as i knew that i decieded to roid & partly fleethunt biggest Fury and Virus galaxies from cluster for fun. Im loyal to my current alliance and galaxy allways, cant really live without either one. Ur loyalty Tissi goes directly to Sid, like most 1muppets. Only thing that really bothers me is how u managed to win 2 rounds in a row...universe should know about ur tactics, why in bloody hell they let u live...ahh yes...SIIIIID.

PA r5: 10:13:20 - Smudge the Ignored of Sect [Fury][Quha] - #11 - gal #4
SS r3: 1:16:18 - Kukko of Tunkio [O^O][Quha] - #2 - gal #7
MW r1: 1:44:10 - Yeh of Arcanum [Quha] - #1 - gal #1
PL r5: 43:5:2 - Dictator of This Galaxy [Cathexis][Quha] - #1 - gal #1
Speed PA r2 2:24:8 - Dictator of This Galaxy [T&P] - #10 - gal KIA
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 13:27   #46
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:

Was waiting for the first flame at 1up just pathetic really.

Each alliance has there rules though and tbh i know 1 LCH who has defended in galaxy constantly this round already so as much as they fukced us over once they probably did'nt it just happened to be there alliance attacking are galaxy and its not like they can target there gal mates.

So only defence they havent supplied is when there mates are coming for are roids. Oh and they didnt report incomings but i dont know who was online at the time.

Each alliance to there own.

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:37   #47
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Can someone PLZ tell me in what way this thread is still alliance related?

Imo wakey it is your buisness what you do with your galm8, no need to start some crap AD post founded on nothing but ONE alliance member being selfish.

thats all there is to be said about this thread tbh, the rest is just off-topic muttering.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:51   #48
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX
Can someone PLZ tell me in what way this thread is still alliance related?
If you have a problem with that, take it up with a mod. Incidentally, Wakey is saying 'omg LCH are evul!' which is entirely relevant to AD.

Quote:
Imo wakey it is your buisness what you do with your galm8, no need to start some crap AD post founded on nothing but ONE alliance member being selfish.
Yes, it's funny how one guy in an alliance can make the entire alliance look bad.

Quote:
thats all there is to be said about this thread tbh, the rest is just off-topic muttering.
If you don't like what you're reading either take it up with a mod or **** off.
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 14:59   #49
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis

I am with Tis on this one. There is winning and then there is winning with honor. And winning with honor is only dismissed by those without honor.

That said, if I had some one do to me what Wishmaster has suggested, they would need a calcuator to count the ways I would screw them.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 15:00   #50
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

I won't defend against, nor report attacks that I instigate, however, generally courtesy rules the day.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Closed Thread