User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 May 2004, 19:32   #1
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough
No loss of roids

I just got an idea.

PA's problem. you have two groups of ppl and it doesn't seem possible to satisfy them all.

1. big players whine about not having enough targets.

2. small players whine about getting bashed.

What if the small guys doesn't loose roids or ships when they get hit?

you limit this by calculating the average score size of the universe. and all under (just where the limit goes can be discussed, but you calc it by universe average) doesn't loose roids when they get hit.

Yes, the battle goes as normal. the attacker get's his roids. and looses the ships he's supposed to. But the small n00b still has his ships and roids intact after the battle is over.

this way. you can also make it easier to get roids and to get more roids from n00bs.

this way. everybody is happy.??

-Chaos
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 19:47   #2
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: No loss of roids

farming++

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 21:26   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

indeed, this would be way to open for farming.

I have no problem with letting a bash limit return that ruins the maxcap as soon as you send a huge force to attack, as thats a problem atm aswell.
Unread 24 May 2004, 22:27   #4
Chaos

farming will always be a problem. but as Farming is illigal. ppl would get deleted.

and besides. nobody would get big off farming these. cuz when they get too big. they can't attack them cuz of the score limit on who you can attack.

only the medium sized ppl can roid the planets that doesn't loose roids.
and then the big would hafto roid the medium sized planets. (the medium sized normaly has an ally to get def from. and I hardly think they will whine. spez since they got lots of small guys with lots of nice roids.)

I don't think this will make ppl Farm more.

so I actualy think this idea will work.

-Chaos

Unread 24 May 2004, 22:34   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

farming only really has a significant effect in the first few weeks, when the score difference still makes it possible. plus, if farms don't actually loose roids then they'll grow more so be farmable for longer.

as for it being against the rules and therefore not happening. judging from the accusations i see, not everyone gets caught

-mist
Unread 24 May 2004, 23:59   #6
Chaos

the first few weeks nobody would gain from this thing. as nobody would be below the average score.

so if farming isn't a problem after the first few weeks. then my idea has even more reason to work.

this is just ment for the SMALLEST guys. so they don't get roided to bits and have no enjoyment of the game. big guys wouldn't be able to attack them cuz they are too small. and the medium guys wouldn't gain much from farming as they would then grow fast and become too big to attack the farm. and if the farm grows to big. it will then loose this protection/feature.

Unread 25 May 2004, 00:35   #7
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos
nobody would be below the average score.
traditionally, 50% are below average... hence the below 100 iq gag

-mist
Unread 25 May 2004, 00:37   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

as a complete asside, this seems to have nothing to do with alliances, so shall be punted to suggestions soonish, now i realised where i am

-mist
Unread 25 May 2004, 18:23   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

At first glance the idea is very nice.

The limit should be well below the universe average, as it should only protect the absolute noobs. Maybe more like 40% of the universe average. That way only below average players will not be able to hit the 'farm'planets. This might be a good way to make sure there are plenty of roids in the universe.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 19:30   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
farming++

-mist
first thing that popped into my head too...

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 22:04   #11
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I just got an idea.

PA's problem. you have two groups of ppl and it doesn't seem possible to satisfy them all.

1. big players whine about not having enough targets.

2. small players whine about getting bashed.
Bots

SCNR
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 22:05   #12
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Actually my suggestion usually was "bots and multies". So far bots has been discussed, but i wonder when we get a serious discussion about "multies" as solution
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 02:48   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I actually quite like this idea, though i think the lower 50% is too many planets.

If it is the smallest 25% of the universe, this would include players who've just started, players who have just been blown into oblivion, and some casual players who arent logged on often enough to deal with (most) incoming (though all are still paying customers).

Whilst i think that concerns about farming are valid and justified, mist's comment that farming makes the largest difference in the beginning is also valid - the obvious solution for me is that this 'feature' kicks in after a certain time period. Thus, everyone begins the game equally, and only when the differences in score etc become pronounced is when this feature is implemented. Furthermore, if it involved only the lowest 25% of planets, then complex farming pyramids will have to be set up to take advantage - the more farms there are, the more likely farmers will be caught .

Anyway, thoughts?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 09:53   #14
Chaos

sounds workable.

25% 35% 50% somewhere there.

and not active at start.

Unread 31 May 2004, 11:00   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd push for the bottom 15-20% not loosing roids/ structures / ships. This does create roids, which is what is needed to keep the universe going. It is open to farming to a certain extent I guess... but if the smaller players take advantage of this too much, then they'll come out of the limit and then loose their asteroids and ships. I don't like magic lines though. I'd prefer (as always ) variable limits. And in reality all that will happen is they'll just up salvage for the smaller planets anyway
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2004, 12:04   #16
mist
Jolt's best friend

rather than a flat percentage, why not bring some form of attacker/defender size ratio in to it? combine that with something that takes in to account the target's ranking so that top 100 players don't get benefits from it and you could come up with a sliding scale, rather than a hard limit

problem with a hard limit is that someone who's just above it could be beaten back in to the stone age, and will want to know why having 10 extra score got them there

-mist
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:37   #17
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like a silly idea to me as it encourages people to go all out on mass roids.. if u dont lose roids when they attack why should anyone limit the amount of roids they have? Will take the fun out of the game i think, if you dont get the risk of getting too many roids to soon then it just becomes a game of who can mass the most roids.. which is silly..
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 14:37   #18
kingclunge

kingclunge is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely jus bringing back the bash limit would prevent this and save all the hassle ofmaking new formulas and such