User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 10:52   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Relatively simple networking question

there are now three computers in my house. The set up is as follows.

My brothers computer, downstairs, Pentium 2 gig Win XP. Connected to NTL cable modem for internet.

My computer, upstairs. Connected by network cable through the ceiling to my brother. Win XP. uses internet connection sharing.

Now, i have just fixed my ANCIENT pentium 2 400mhz Windows 98 computer for my dad. The only reason im standing for such shite, is because he only wants it generally for word processing, and a little bit of surfing on various news sites. It may, have an ancient network card in it (one of the ones that fits in those old huge slots), this card may or may not work, either way i have no problem spending a bit of cash replacing it if neccesary.

But how do i connect this up to the network? Some sort of Network hub? Where would i get one for cheapest?

PS : Im pre-empting anyone suggesting a Router. I have no problem with having to have my Brothers computer on practically 24/7 for anyone to be able to access the internet.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote