User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:31   #1
zaquex

zaquex is an unknown quantity at this point
allcomp

If PA is to support allcomp i strongly suggest that you get you op's in line, behaviour as shown by Mit kicking people for no reason at all is a disgrace not only for allcomp but also for planetarion and netgamers.

Abusive ops/opers in "official" channels are something we all can be without.
zaquex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:33   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I think you will find he is kicking people for cheating by using clones etc.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:40   #3
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
I think you will find he is kicking people for cheating by using clones etc.
No, I asked him why I was kicked and the answer was 'u tagged m00 ?'

Trin
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:44   #4
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
so much too we are all equal

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:47   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
No, I asked him why I was kicked and the answer was 'u tagged m00 ?'

Trin
Funny that he didnt k/b the other 24 people tagged [m00] in there at the moment.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 16:55   #6
TrinTara

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Funny that he didnt k/b the other 24 people tagged [m00] in there at the moment.
Are you deliberately trying to look foolish?

He did k/b them as well....he banned the [m00] tag

Trin
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 17:17   #7
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Are you deliberately trying to look foolish?

Yes

I'm sat in #allcomp and looking at a hell of a lot of [m00] tags atm, but yes i will agree, i am the foolish one here and the [moo] tag is obviously banned by the nasty tyrant that is Mit.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 17:28   #8
TrinTara

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Yes

I'm sat in #allcomp and looking at a hell of a lot of [m00] tags atm, but yes i will agree, i am the foolish one here and the [moo] tag is obviously banned by the nasty tyrant that is Mit.
No-one claimed the ban was permanent. The complaint was that it was done at all in what was supposed to be an official PA channel and event.

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
i am the foolish one here
I suppose it wouldn't be PA if people refrained from commenting where they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

Trin
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 17:35   #9
zaquex

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[17:14] * P sets mode: +b *[m00]*!*@*
[17:14] * [m00]fendel was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]tob was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]skaut was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Warclone was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Waku was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [M00]Fogy was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Bladester was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Trev was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]pussycat was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Vasquez was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Tjalve was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]TVFreak was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]MrCoke|awa was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Audaciter was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Eirik was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]nameni was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Trin was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Geert was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Sad was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Read^ was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Confraria was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]BryceLee was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * [m00]Korsan was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[17:14] * You were kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
Session Close: Mon Apr 14 17:14:12 200
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 17:36   #10
JC
lolly roffle

Ah found it in my logs. By the looks of it you were banned (temporarily) for excessive spamming.

[16:14] *** [m00]fendel was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[16:14] *** [m00]tob was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)

etc

Hardly something worth getting your knickers in a twist about and coming on here moaning like a 5 year old kid. The ban wasnt permenant so grow up and accept it, i doubt its the first or last time you will ever get kicked from an IRC channel.
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 17:39   #11
zaquex

Its against swedish law to deliver group punishments

Its not silly its abuse
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 17:50   #12
TrinTara

Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Ah found it in my logs. By the looks of it you were banned (temporarily) for excessive spamming.

[16:14] *** [m00]fendel was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)
[16:14] *** [m00]tob was kicked by P ((Mit) till u lot calm down)

etc

Hardly something worth getting your knickers in a twist about and coming on here moaning like a 5 year old kid. The ban wasnt permenant so grow up and accept it, i doubt its the first or last time you will ever get kicked from an IRC channel.
oooh, was that an apology or an "I was wrong"?

Since I'd not said a word in the channel, I really fail to see how I was excessively spamming. Basically I agree with the first post that kick bans of people breaking no rules is unprofessional conduct in the running of what is supposed to be an official PA channel and event.

Trin
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 17:59   #13
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
oooh, was that an apology or an "I was wrong"?

Its was a:

'oh my bad, people were actually kicked from #allcomp but had been let back in by the time you posted and i check the channel, at the time i didnt have the presence of mind to check back in my logs. #allcomp isnt an official channel as far as i know (the same way #forums is) and it isnt a big deal, you got kicked from a channel on irc for a space game on the internet, big deal. Anyways, my apologies for misinterpreting what you initially said.'
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 20:07   #14
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
who the **** cares about that ****ing **** allmother****ingcomp crap anyways?.
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 22:14   #15
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

I have to defend Mit here, if a majority of m00 tagged people were being nuisances he had a right to ban that tag. I will find out what the exact circumstances of this were, but from what i've seen of it i don't think it's abuse.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2003, 22:42   #16
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
ok, the reason i banned that tag at the time was a quick way to shut up the numerous [m00] tagged users at the time that were being a nusciance and disruptive to all the other users at the time. I know i should have banned the individual users, but i needed something fast!

Users had been spamming 'm00000' and also trying to use scripts that make large letters using colours (+S was on at the time due to something in the bot using colours) so all we saw was 5 blank lines a time, and the users KEPT doing so.

While trying to write a bot, chat to a few users, and do many other things, moderating a channel with 200+ users single handedly is not easy. I'd like to see how u cope in the same situ.

[edit] 15:17 - not exactly like the time i did it was anywhere near the 20:30 that AllComp was done[/edit]

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2003, 18:00   #17
Devo
Spinner Flamer Flamer

Devo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: allcomp

Quote:
Originally posted by zaquex
If PA is to support allcomp i strongly suggest that you get you op's in line, behaviour as shown by Mit kicking people for no reason at all is a disgrace not only for allcomp but also for planetarion and netgamers.

Abusive ops/opers in "official" channels are something we all can be without.
A - We the PA team have to keep order. If this means kicking someone we do so. There will always be someone upset by the kick, its human nature

B - At the time of the competition, no [m00] tags were kicked or banned, so I fail to see what the problem is

C - PA Team > *. Nough said
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Why are you quoting me in your signature?
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote