User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Aug 2006, 14:13   #1
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Pulsars ...

.. are useless. If you were going the make pegs fire before them, they should have at least had more armor.
Basically, terran fr can be built in masses, and they will stop xan fi incs bc of their huge armor, and their efficiency against fi armor.
Don't get me wrong, i don't want xans to be immune to terran de attacks, but I think pulsars are much worse than chimeras.
So, end of my ranting :P
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 14:17   #2
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts
Re: Pulsars ...

well if you have arrowheads as your defence ship, you could build some to stop the smaller Ter De incs.
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 14:17   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

terran de is awful anyway, due to pillagers in-gal ..
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 14:36   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
.. are useless. If you were going the make pegs fire before them, they should have at least had more armor.
Basically, terran fr can be built in masses, and they will stop xan fi incs bc of their huge armor, and their efficiency against fi armor.
Don't get me wrong, i don't want xans to be immune to terran de attacks, but I think pulsars are much worse than chimeras.
So, end of my ranting :P
Pegasus efficiency at killing Pulsars = 75%
Vsharrak efficiency at killing Chimera = 84%

Vsharrak are better at killing chimera than pegasus are at killing pulsars; however, chimera are more efficient at killing FI (100%) than pulsars are at killing DE (85%).

Some quick facts:
Pulsars first get to shoot once the puls : peg value ratio is 0.76<
Pulsars break even damage wise (inc salvage) when puls : peg value ratio is 1.34<
Pulsars break even damage wise (excl salvage) when puls : peg value ratio is 1.53<
Pulsars wipe out pegasus when puls : peg value ratio is 1.84<

Chimera get to shoot once chim:vsh value ratio is 0.84<
Chimera break even damage wise (inc salvage) when chim:vsh value ratio is about 1.43<
Chimera break even damage wise (excl salvage) when chim:vsh value ratio is 1.64<
Chimera wipe out vsh when chim:vsh value ratio is 1.82<

It appears that in most cases, not taking into account flak, that the pulsar is superior to the chimera against their respective opposition.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 15:03   #5
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for the numbers Gate, although the issue is the following:
Terrans can concentrate on pegs as their main DE, since a few barghests stop effectively the fr incs. Xans on the other side can't concentrate on vsh as main FI, bc they need a lot of phantoms to balance their weakness against cath (beetles) and zik (thiefs + stolen beetles) co.
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 16:50   #6
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Thx for the numbers Gate, although the issue is the following:
Terrans can concentrate on pegs as their main DE, since a few barghests stop effectively the fr incs. Xans on the other side can't concentrate on vsh as main FI, bc they need a lot of phantoms to balance their weakness against cath (beetles) and zik (thiefs + stolen beetles) co.
I understand your point, but I'm still quite keen on xand.

For one, terrans may want to invest in a BS fleet, as it's also pretty good. Meanwhile, the xand FR fleet is absolute balls and can be ignored. Low expenditure in arrowheads can easily cover most FI incs, and spectres provide a very good deterrent for cruisers: perhaps it's the mentality of the general cath player, but very few of them seem willing to play chicken in the way that terrans do. I've found that I have a very significant FI fleet that is just as effective at 2-3 fleeting on large terrans, as those large terrans are at 2-3 fleeting me.

And my planet is idle and absolutely crap, thanks to suicidal attackers, fleetcatches, vacmode etc.

It is perhaps a problem, but I think it's a little bit unfair to say that xands have it much harder than terrans, is all.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 08:26   #7
lilboi

lilboi is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulsars are useless unless you have an abundance, and if you have an abundance, you have probably wasted those resources which coulda been spent on a better fi fleet.

Pulsars are not the only useless ship in the stats this round, phoenix, recluse, mantis, and lancer.
lilboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 09:33   #8
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboi
Pulsars are useless unless you have an abundance, and if you have an abundance, you have probably wasted those resources which coulda been spent on a better fi fleet.

Pulsars are not the only useless ship in the stats this round, phoenix, recluse, mantis, and lancer.

idd it should also be made that the def ships shoot before the attack ships
like scarab ini 1 tara ini 2
same ini is crap

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 12:02   #9
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboi
If you have some pulsars it only takes 1 viper fleet to basically cover you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjor
idd it should also be made that the def ships shoot before the attack ships
like scarab ini 1 tara ini 2
same ini is crap
How much easier do you want to make defending? The stats should be more attacked based if anything, not trying to make every race immune to all inc >.<
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 13:03   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
How much easier do you want to make defending? The stats should be more attacked based if anything, not trying to make every race immune to all inc >.<
Bringing back "military scans" surely won't help make attacking easier. Don't you think? That can be way more dramatic than any changing statistics, as with military scan technology as it was, you can be definately sure what anyone is sending. Even if it'd come after fleet scans, it's still a moronic toss.

And yeah, you're very right; beetles don't do *exactly* as well with chimera (mainly because chimera's lower firepower); and even if it's an effective combination beetles are out attacking most of the time nevertheless. Currently what characterizes the statistics isn't, in my opinion, difficulty in attacking (perhaps ease of it), but overall useless ships (phoenix is a good example), and a lack of balance.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 13:20   #11
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
If you have some pulsars it only takes 1 viper fleet to basically cover you.

think they are more than enough attackbased
i hardly pull any attacks i launch and my fleet is really not huge

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote