User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:50   #101
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Sjor
well true David got a few roids but only cause i had a fleet defedning a m8 out so couldnt get into vacation. but 380k score loss in 1st tick inst bad
and i will get u down if i get the slightliest way of a chance
What the hell are you on about ? I AM NOT IN THAT GALAXY, HELLO ! GUESS WHAT ? I'M NOT IN THAT GALAXY ! THEREFORE I DON'T CARE.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:54   #102
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
i didnt said u were there i know who is in there

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 15:56   #103
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough
my 2 cents...

well, where to start...
i can understand your motives that stood behind your decission to go into vac mode, but i dont think it was the right choice. no matter how often you get attacked or how often your alliance gets attacked, you still have a fleet that can be a factor somewhere.
hell, my gal has neither members of the vvomm side, nor members of narzweetwhatsoever and we have incs 24/7 from in cluster, from in para and god alone knows where from else as well. some of our planets have been turned into nothing but slag with no ships remaining, yet we are still standing and fight on. we are only ranked 400th or so atm, but we have our fleets out 24/7 deffending ourselves and our alliance mates. it is somewhat frustrating and but also somewhat fun. imo you should have stuck in there (although the prospect of some ours of undisturbed sleep is quite lurring )
now some words to the other party in the war. i seriously have to ask myself about the state of your integrity and also your mental health. planets with less with 40 roids get waved incomings, a planet with 28 roids even got a visit from a player who sent 2k+ ships on him. how far do you want to take it this round??? sending fleets at :30 round the clock shows that you either have no respect at all for your opponents or you dont really care anymore or you are just somewhat retarded.
i have been playing this game since r3, i have been on the winning end and on the receiving end of things, but i have never seen anything like this. there is just one word for such actions: pathetic

anyways, we still try to put up a fight as long as we can and hope for the politics to change a little to get some breathing room...
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:06   #104
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Gzambo im not running away

the fact is i got no def from madcows in last 7 days expect once from Rookie and Trin.

We got covered everytime with help of Olvi, Gosu, OuZo and our Sistergals.

Thing is that atm we can fight so till the end of the round like in R7 as i ended with 16 mill and 300 Roids

Its my last round and i want some fun
well it was fun killing so many weet planets and stealing their roids but things should change to keep pa alive
lemme quote myself
we are not up to secure the roids we want fun for us for our friends and for our alliances. but noone can cope with the mass n00b incs we have each day hope u can understand

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 16:40   #105
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Desse
Olympian HC has not at any time agreed to this move. We have on the other hand sharply told the gals in question, that we do not condone this behaviour. Our last top gal containing Oly HC, have not gone into Vacation, and are at this moment facing massive incoming.

We are at the moment discussing the proper measures to take against this sort of behaviour, because we feel it is detriment, to all that Olympians stand for.

on Behalf of Olympian HC
Desse
as i've said i am ashamed of it and will resign if asked too. and as for the comments of being only about roids.. i have never once had the illusion i will keep these roids after the vac mode. i have however not decided yet if i will go out of it as basically the game is too ****ed up anyways (this is also something my hc can decide for me if they want) and yes i know i let a lot of people down (including myself) but nothing i can do about it now anymore....

p.s. by the time i was in my galroom yesterday after college it was already mostly decided this would happen.. (i had about 10 PM's about it on my comp at home when i arrived there) and told my gal to get lost at once.. after long discussions and all i started to not care at all as with the kinda behaviour mix in my gal/weetnar/and certain other people i don't give a **** about pa anymore.

*knew i should have never played this round...*
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:03   #106
Torjus
Nacho`s Bitch

Torjus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thumbs up well done cyphie

now can Weet/Nar see how fun they have made of it

Vac mode is allowed for all to use

and hicks, please burn in ****
Proud To be Xraid Pe0n

Round 6: Pe0n
Round 7: Pe0n
Round 8: Pe0n
Round 9: Still Pe0n|tired|half retired
Round 9.5: 41:2:2 Pe0n| The Rider on the White Horse of The river of Life

=Retired Planetarion STAR=
Torjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:11   #107
ryba

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha1975
[b]Hmmm

So in r6 when Deus and XETA (or whatever coallition it was that round, scuse an old woman who can't keep sides apart across all those wretched rounds heh) were giving us a run for our money, all i had to do was go in vacmode and i'd have been a hero?
in r6 deus and xeta kept the game in balance. it was FoS that killed the round but even then r6 has been and always will be the closest this game has ever gotten towards balance.

Quote:
Is that how it works nowadays?

I'm sure you'll forgive me when i laugh when i see you come back from vacmode with all your roids still intact as soon as the tables turn in your advantage.
I'm sure you'll all be very proud of yourselves then and claim it was your nobility and persistence that paid off 'heh'
laugh away if you want. that is your freedom afterall. just as it is 42:8's freedom to do whatever is best for everyone. in this case getting a good nights sleep, real life, and to try and end this stagnation was best for everyone because the war is over. this is nothing more then a bash fest now.

Quote:
Respect to Olympians for taking such a clear stand on this.
I also respect Olympians for taking a clear stand on this. Just make sure to not judge everything as black or white.

Quote:
Now stop all the babbling and nitpicking and go back to playing a game.
If this was real life you'd be the ones on hungry-strike to show the protest, and we could easily have you committed to a psychiatric ward and force feed you.
I wish creators would remove the vacmode button :/
I'm sure everyone has already gone back to playing a game. Just not one that isn't worth the time of day. I myself can now focus totally on Utopia as have most of my friends already have. It is wonderful to play a game with 100k userbase, free, no powerblocks, and actually knows the meaning of balance. Here is the link to utopia for those who are interested

Quote:
In all the many rounds i played, and of those all the times i've been living on the bottom of the foodchain, i've never ever felt inclined to take a political stand by means of deleting my planet or going in vacmode or anything alike.

Gaming and blabbering should be seperate, that's why you've got AD to troll and a planet to build ships on.
The foodchain and politics are two seperate topics. While the two typically go hand in hand it is because the top of the food chain does not care if the round is boring or if their members are bored so long as they are winning. Remeber FoS in r6, Consortium in r7, (I was retired in r8 but I'm sure it too had this), and narweet in r9.

This game serious needs another deus.

Retired for good Ryba, Aeris, Rain, SniperWolf, WeaponX, and ShadowFox
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:40   #108
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

meddy is an unknown quantity at this point
silence ? order from the bosses not to post ? hmm bad hmmkay
R6 : 31:8:6 MedMaxx of Empire Earth / Xanadu
R7 : 5:5:2 Home of Follower / Silvercity 0wnage =] / Xanadu
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
R9 : 42:8:5 The Dark Slayer of The Evil Horde /MadCowS Military Officer
Speedround (R9 priv) : 4:9:2 The Doomed Lord of Darkness Falls
Speedround (R9 rdm) : 2:5:1 The Light of a Deep Dawn
R9.5: 27:10:9 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness
meddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:41   #109
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Good post Ryba.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 17:56   #110
meddy
OuZo HC & Xraid HC

meddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Ryba, i am also proud to have u in my gal

this post cannot be flamed , cause all is true
R6 : 31:8:6 MedMaxx of Empire Earth / Xanadu
R7 : 5:5:2 Home of Follower / Silvercity 0wnage =] / Xanadu
R8 : 32:1:3 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness (pure 0wnage till deletion) / FAnG BC
R9 : 42:8:5 The Dark Slayer of The Evil Horde /MadCowS Military Officer
Speedround (R9 priv) : 4:9:2 The Doomed Lord of Darkness Falls
Speedround (R9 rdm) : 2:5:1 The Light of a Deep Dawn
R9.5: 27:10:9 The Evil One of The Endless Darkness
meddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:02   #111
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
Sleep/fun/chicks/no pa > all teh moaning going around in here
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:14   #112
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by ryba
Deus stuff
I have to disagree. It wasn't Deus that made the round as it was in my opinion. It was a vital factor in leading the FoS block, but it was more the continuation of FLTTV that kept the round in motion. Without FLTTV its highly likely (in my viewpoint) that FoS would have fallen against Xeta and then that would have been it. The fact FLTTV kept on fighting and that Deus approached Fury to clinch a deal was what kept the game in motion. I wouldn't call it 'balanced' however.

In this case, VoM are not making themselves very attractive to even talk too. Fury carried on fighting and was still a tough cookie, thus why negotiations could take place. What does VoM have to offer? They've said they are dead, and now their members are going into vacation mode whilst under pressure. VoM have shown no real appeal to be useful to anyone, infact they've only played themselves down - not good if you are after new deals. Noone wants to work with and rely on a morally crushed alliance.

This is the key difference between this round and r6. The fact the "wildcard" force, which was then FLTTV and is now VoM is largely putting themselves out the picture.

Shame.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:20   #113
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Noone wants to work with and rely on a morally crushed alliance.
I agree with you to an extent. Both blocks, NAR and WEET, would rather have VVOMM with them than against them though, when the time comes. They may start of as doing very little, but as time goes on their presence shall be felt more and more and will, in no time, be quite a force again.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:25   #114
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I agree with you to an extent. Both blocks, NAR and WEET, would rather have VVOMM with them than against them though, when the time comes. They may start of as doing very little, but as time goes on their presence shall be felt more and more and will, in no time, be quite a force again.
To some extent yes, but I think VVOMM aren't helping themselves with these stunts. Thats the point I'm trying to get across, along with why r6 was considered 'better'.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:38   #115
StreeTMouseY
Critter Extraordinare

StreeTMouseY is an unknown quantity at this point
Love yaa nacheh

Critters supports you.

MouseH

R3 - StreeTMouse of TheBigCheese - N00b
R4 - MiMiC of Terra Mistica - Legion
R5 - Mouse fatalle of CheeseLand -Xanadu
R6 - State of Mind - Critters, Legion
R7 - Property of |Queen-Doris| - Critters
R8 - Expect company of Hidden Hostile ships - Critters & OuZo (o)
StreeTMouseY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:45   #116
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: my 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally posted by Curufinwe

i have been playing this game since r3, i have been on the winning end and on the receiving end of things, but i have never seen anything like this. there is just one word for such actions: pathetic

anyways, we still try to put up a fight as long as we can and hope for the politics to change a little to get some breathing room...
Completely agree and have been saying this from the beginning.

My planet is now down to just over 450k score and around 70 roids. I don't care about my own roids and score now...my only objective is to kill as many NARSWEET ships as possible and to that end if I am not defending my gal m8's then I am defending my Oly friends...

The first week of the war I tried to attack everynight and I did get roids sometimes (altho my fleet got ambushed occasionally too) but pretty much everynight VOM get indefensible incoming and you immediately lose the roids gained...

My fleets have been involved in some great defences where we killed massive amounts of incoming NARSWEET ships...but they are too few...we can prolly cover 3 planets out of 10 if we are lucky and it is getting worse every day.

Last night f'r instance I had 5 planets attacking me...all of around 1.8/2 mill score each vs my 500k - all for my then 99 roids?

What is the point?

I will continue to fight for VOM and I wont go in vacation but I can completely understand where Nacho and his gal are coming from.

I have been on the losing side in round before...I was an Ely in R5 when Fury turned on us and have knowledge of thing from the NewX point of view in Round 7 - but I have never seen anything on the scale of this.

It just makes me wanna piss myself laffing everytime I see K-W/Germania on here trying to justify the NAP...

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:50   #117
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

In this case, VoM are not making themselves very attractive to even talk too. Fury carried on fighting and was still a tough cookie, thus why negotiations could take place. What does VoM have to offer? They've said they are dead, and now their members are going into vacation mode whilst under pressure. VoM have shown no real appeal to be useful to anyone, infact they've only played themselves down - not good if you are after new deals. Noone wants to work with and rely on a morally crushed alliance.
VOM are dead yes, as long as NaR + WEET keep working together and causing stagnation.
Rest assured that VOM will rise again when the NAP breaks, to fight once again the way this round was supposed to be fought, three blocks hitting each other without any cooperation, allowing other aliances and neutrals to also have their fun.

As to working with us, i don't think VOM will like to work with any of the blocks, but if we did, your current position won't matter as only VOM will decide who to work with and who to attack.

Personally, I can tell you this: I will hit Eclipse. Your positions, views and post have already annoyed the hell out of me. If it depends on me, i will do whatever it takes to make sure Eclipse is crushed to the ground, and believe me, you won't have any time to recover when that has happened.
And I don't think I am the only one in VOM who thinks like this.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:53   #118
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Draki
We got confirmed infos about us beeing waves from eclipse and serveral other weet alliances as we were claimed by Rob before normal claiming time
This story is so funny, I have to share it with everyone. What really happened is this:

Meddy pm'ed me on PA net, telling me that 42:8 were expecting the planned waves on the galaxy. This confused me a little, as I knew nothing about a planned attack on 42:8.

I checked the bookings for that night, and sure enough 42:8 were not booked. But I decided to play a little game with Meddy, and told him that although we were not planning to hit it, since he had drawn my attention to a nice target, we would hit it after all. So, I booked 42:8 for a joke, and pasted the booking notice to Meddy. I intended to unbook it a few minutes later, since I had only been joking, but it completely slipped my mind.

I never allocated the target to anyone, so there never was a planned Eclipse attack on 42:8. Even funnier is the fact that, because I forgot to unbook it, nobody else could book it either. So none of the other WEET alliances could have hit 42:8

In short, they went into vac mode because I reserved them for a joke, and I only did that because one of their members was silly enough to pm me on PA net asking about an attack on them
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:56   #119
Sjor

Rob thats even better
we got incs every day at least one wave and than u say we wouldnt get any?

hehe we have our intel too so trust us a bit

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:57   #120
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
VOM are dead yes, as long as NaR + WEET keep working together and causing stagnation.
Rest assured that VOM will rise again when the NAP breaks, to fight once again the way this round was supposed to be fought, three blocks hitting each other without any cooperation, allowing other aliances and neutrals to also have their fun.

As to working with us, i don't think VOM will like to work with any of the blocks, but if we did, your current position won't matter as only VOM will decide who to work with and who to attack.

Personally, I can tell you this: I will hit Eclipse. Your positions, views and post have already annoyed the hell out of me. If it depends on me, i will do whatever it takes to make sure Eclipse is crushed to the ground, and believe me, you won't have any time to recover when that has happened.
And I don't think I am the only one in VOM who thinks like this.
You have missed my point totally, I have no doubts VoM will make some comeback but what is happening and being done by VoM doesnt help your position whatsoever. If VoM makes no political move I really don't see your comeback making much progress, but thats my opinion.

As for your feelings towards Eclipse, I'm so glad there are people like you playing - clueless. Our views and positions are that what VoM has been doing is stupid and pointless. Even people who have been enemies of our positions historically have agreed with us regarding this. Eclipse was the big bad alliance that managed to stop your block from winning easily - diddums. Now you wish to crush us into dust and you think I should show some mercy upon VoM now?

I was feeling sympathy to some VoM people, but to the ones like you I guess I shouldn't. Its a classic game of where if I show some weakness in not crushing you, you'll just rise up to crush me. All in all, pointless. But hey, emotion can be a powerful tool if used correctly and I'm not speaking just for you.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:58   #121
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: my 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally posted by Curufinwe

/me pokes curufinwe

was fun killing some ur gals attackers yesterday

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 18:58   #122
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
I have to disagree. It wasn't Deus that made the round as it was in my opinion. It was a vital factor in leading the FoS block, but it was more the continuation of FLTTV that kept the round in motion. Without FLTTV its highly likely (in my viewpoint) that FoS would have fallen against Xeta and then that would have been it. The fact FLTTV kept on fighting and that Deus approached Fury to clinch a deal was what kept the game in motion. I wouldn't call it 'balanced' however.

This is the key difference between this round and r6. The fact the "wildcard" force, which was then FLTTV and is now VoM is largely putting themselves out the picture.

Shame.
if this is seriously the case then why are you so scared of going to war? if vom won't be a challenge for you...why you hit em so much?

and don't say stuff like you need to figure out a way to get the nap undone... you can just declare war on nar right now giving em 24 hours if needed.
or do it as prolly like more just attack one of the main alliances in their block tonite i.e. rah or nos

but fact is you don't cuz you're still scared of vom
great job by fury ruining yet another round pld you
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:01   #123
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Rob thats even better
we got incs every day at least one wave and than u say we wouldnt get any?

hehe we have our intel too so trust us a bit
Your intel is so great that it knows when Eclipse is waving a galaxy before its own Military HC does?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:04   #124
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
if this is seriously the case then why are you so scared of going to war? if vom won't be a challenge for you...why you hit em so much?

and don't say stuff like you need to figure out a way to get the nap undone... you can just declare war on nar right now giving em 24 hours if needed.
or do it as prolly like more just attack one of the main alliances in their block tonite i.e. rah or nos

but fact is you don't cuz you're still scared of vom
great job by fury ruining yet another round pld you
Scared of going to war?

Anyway, your post has addressed nothing out of the points I intended. I was comparing this rounds VoM to r6's FLTTV. They dont even come close, and the differences between them both is why I am trying to point out that the entire whining/admittance of defeat on the 2nd day/vacation mode is totally pathetic and does not HELP VoM in the slightest.

Nice try in avoiding my point, but no cigar for you.

And Fury doesnt exist anymore, you should update your mindset. I love it how all VoM can do is blame its opposition for wrecking the round.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:07   #125
Draki
> EvuL

Draki is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: my 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin

My planet is now down to just over 450k score and around 70 roids. I don't care about my own roids and score now...my only objective is to kill as many NARSWEET ships as possible and to that end if I am not defending my gal m8's then I am defending my Oly friends...
i agree on this... fighting is brave and honored...

but: this means, weet still have targets around ... when they not die or go away in vacation, they can still keep up the weet / nar nap / agreement and they can still hit vvomm targets.

when ALL this targets are gone then they will split

so by defending m8 and helping them to survive the stagnation will only take longer as weet / nar sees no point in splitting when there are still targets left...

vvomm can FORCE them to split ... just not politican but with reducing their targets!

thats the reason why 2 of the top vvomm galas are in vacation, to force at least the top 10 to react, simply becaus they dont have many or no targets left to attack!
Draki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:08   #126
Sjor

cyph eclispe already works with RaH so it will be WEETR against NA in the 2nd war
think ETR are to scared to take more than 1 ally at once down

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:08   #127
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Scared of going to war?

Anyway, your post has addressed nothing out of the points I intended. I was comparing this rounds VoM to r6's FLTTV. They dont even come close, and the differences between them both is why I am trying to point out that the entire whining/admittance of defeat on the 2nd day/vacation mode is totally pathetic and does not HELP VoM in the slightest.

Nice try in avoiding my point, but no cigar for you.

And Fury doesnt exist anymore, you should update your mindset. I love it how all VoM can do is blame its opposition for wrecking the round.
i don't just blame the opposition.. there are ofc other factors aswell. but at this moment intime you and your fellow narweet hc are the only ones that can change the game.

and i've already said i think the vac mode is pathetic
and the 2nd day in round defeat was said by a few not by most.

have you lost members yet btw to this blocking? i know several other alliances in your block have... *just wondering*
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:10   #128
Draki
> EvuL

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
This story is so funny, I have to share it with everyone. What really happened is this:

Meddy pm'ed me on PA net, telling me that 42:8 were expecting the planned waves on the galaxy. This confused me a little, as I knew nothing about a planned attack on 42:8.

I checked the bookings for that night, and sure enough 42:8 were not booked. But I decided to play a little game with Meddy, and told him that although we were not planning to hit it, since he had drawn my attention to a nice target, we would hit it after all. So, I booked 42:8 for a joke, and pasted the booking notice to Meddy. I intended to unbook it a few minutes later, since I had only been joking, but it completely slipped my mind.

I never allocated the target to anyone, so there never was a planned Eclipse attack on 42:8. Even funnier is the fact that, because I forgot to unbook it, nobody else could book it either. So none of the other WEET alliances could have hit 42:8

In short, they went into vac mode because I reserved them for a joke, and I only did that because one of their members was silly enough to pm me on PA net asking about an attack on them

l33t propaganda m8...
then why did certain m8s in ecplise / ely / wp / tot say that 42:8 have been claimed by u ?? u think we survived that long without a decent intel about inc?

pld m8 =) u may believe it and want to tell others to do so aswell
but i think most wont

edit: omg corrected some bad typos

Last edited by Draki; 27 Mar 2003 at 19:15.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:11   #129
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If VoM makes no political move I really don't see your comeback making much progress, but thats my opinion.
Going into vacation mode is a political move. Ever tried considering what would happen if all of VOM went into vacation mode? What would you do?

Quote:
Our views and positions are that what VoM has been doing is stupid and pointless.
[/b]
So trying to change the current situation is stupid and pointless?
Or is the fact that some of our players have had enough of being farms for a bunch of players that need to attack in 3:1 ratio stupid?
So far i haven't heard any comment from you when asked for the reason your NAP hasn't ended.

Quote:
Now you wish to crush us into dust and you think I should show some mercy upon VoM now?
[/b]
Hey, if you crush us into dust, don't expect me to offer the right cheek. I have never begged for mercy from Eclipse. I have always wanted a fair round, with chances for all blocks. So far, i can see Eclipse as the only one actively opposing the end of the NAP, and that makes me angry. Of course i will want to crush you into dust. I won't show mercy for those that have no sense of fair play.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:32   #130
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally posted by Draki
l33t propaganda m8...
then why did certain m8s in ecplise / ely / wp / tot say that 42:8 have been claimed by u ?? u think we survived that long without a decent intel about inc?

pld m8 =) u may believe it and want to tell others to do so aswell
but i think most wont

edit: omg corrected some bad typos
I believe it because I was there, I was the one who booked the galaxy, and I know what happened. Whether you believe it or not really doesn't matter to me - it gave me a good laugh, and a few other people too
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:35   #131
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Forget what I wrote about your posts in the other thread.
They are still funny!
FLTTV the reason that kept rd6 in motion?
FoSXeta could have bashed them to an extent that a comeback would not have been possible. But we didn't (although you deserved it for rd 5 :P).
I really give you credit for the will to fight, to go on even against all odds. It was amazing to see. But please don't try to tell us that that was the thing that kept the round in motion. It was one of the factors. Nothing more, nothing less.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:40   #132
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
I believe it because I was there, I was the one who booked the galaxy, and I know what happened. Whether you believe it or not really doesn't matter to me - it gave me a good laugh, and a few other people too
I don't know which alliance the #2 gal belongs to but when 7 of us were in vac mode they did wave attack me and the other two who were not. Don't know if they decided to launch on us remaining few at 6am or the day before. The latter one seems to be more plausible to me (which would make our intel right).

Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:47   #133
Draki
> EvuL

rob: well it pretty much does not matter
ur statment we did not be claimed was false... coz i can tell u.. my m8s in weet can pretty much see the difference if a gal is claimed or not

well maybe it wasn´t u ... mkay ... doesn't change much ... as top vvomm galas will get hittet nowadays with more then just one simple attack....

to say we were not claimed and so we get no incoming gave me a laugh...

never!! never ever since tick 100 we didn't get incs so there must have been something gone very wrong when u tell me then we were not claimed =)

anyways we all knew what would have happened to the top vvomm galas so it pretty much does not matter (for the 3rd time now O_o) from whom in weet / nar the waves would have come from.

Last edited by Draki; 28 Mar 2003 at 00:05.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:48   #134
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Curufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the roughCurufinwe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin

The first week of the war I tried to attack everynight and I did get roids sometimes (altho my fleet got ambushed occasionally too) but pretty much everynight VOM get indefensible incoming and you immediately lose the roids gained...

My fleets have been involved in some great defences where we killed massive amounts of incoming NARSWEET ships...but they are too few...we can prolly cover 3 planets out of 10 if we are lucky and it is getting worse every day.

Last night f'r instance I had 5 planets attacking me...all of around 1.8/2 mill score each vs my 500k - all for my then 99 roids?

What is the point?

I will continue to fight for VOM and I wont go in vacation but I can completely understand where Nacho and his gal are coming from.

I have been on the losing side in round before...I was an Ely in R5 when Fury turned on us and have knowledge of thing from the NewX point of view in Round 7 - but I have never seen anything on the scale of this.

It just makes me wanna piss myself laffing everytime I see K-W/Germania on here trying to justify the NAP...
hehe, yeah. good to know that my gal doesnt seem to be on a special ****list but that it just seems to be normality nowadays...
We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep. We are threatened with many evils, and treason not least; but one thing is not said: that we shall suffer from cowardice, from cravens or the fear of cravens. Therefore I say that we will go on, and this doom I add: the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:50   #135
Curufinwe
[+] Templar

Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
/me pokes curufinwe

was fun killing some ur gals attackers yesterday
yup, that was fun indeed
thx again m8
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 19:51   #136
Haven
ROCK on

Haven is an unknown quantity at this point
/me huggs Nacho real tight

he is a great honorable player and I have been proud to play many rounds with him. I am sad and dishearten by the number of good quality players that are quiting or have just given up.

As I wonder why I bothered to pay for round 10 ahead of time

Best of luck to all my pa friends and wishing you all the best

Haven
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:04   #137
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
cyph eclispe already works with RaH so it will be WEETR against NA in the 2nd war
think ETR are to scared to take more than 1 ally at once down
Hows it going over there in fantasy land ? Is the weather as good as I'm told ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 20:40   #138
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
Going into vacation mode is a political move. Ever tried considering what would happen if all of VOM went into vacation mode? What would you do?
I think he'd constantly attack myself or Divine, since we're both NEVER going into vac mode.
Bring it Zhilly!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 21:33   #139
Slacker
veteran loafer

Slacker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vacation Mode 42:8

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad0

I think people should reflect on what they want from pa..

a) a 3 week round followed by 9 weeks of stress free irc talking and game stagnation
b) a 12 week game of constant conflict...
Clearly we all know which one weet.. and yes vom have picked.

It's an improvement from 3 weeks of broken servers, 2 weeks of round followed by 7 weeks of crying on IRC.

slacker.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:27   #140
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
At least you get a reply. I mail now and again, a lighthearted friendly congrats, asking them to look after those precious shiny roids or some other such nonsense and get nothing back at all.

No, I take that back....I get a reply, incoming from the same galaxy three days in a row.

Most people don't have the emotional or social maturity to win graciously and keep the fun in the game. They forget that they are playing 'real' people.

Trin
--
quite right. oddly that is the one thing that annoys me about big 'l33t' players more than anything else. would it hurt them to be friendly? or are they just dissapointed at the lack of 'whinging n00b' mails to laugh at?
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:32   #141
ryba

Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
--
quite right. oddly that is the one thing that annoys me about big 'l33t' players more than anything else. would it hurt them to be friendly? or are they just dissapointed at the lack of 'whinging n00b' mails to laugh at?
LOL. That is a very annoying thing indeed. I messaged an attacker asking him to bring some milk and cookies with him and he replied telling me I'm a coward??? How out of left field was that. When I replied back with another light hearted joke he told me to stfu in much ruder terms and that this is a game for killing people not chatting with them.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:40   #142
Gresnik

Gresnik is an unknown quantity at this point
/me wubs 42:8

gg mates
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 22:56   #143
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Eclipse was the big bad alliance that managed to stop your block from winning easily - diddums.
So instead Eclipse goes out making a block alot bigger to win easily ??

A fight between three blocks; vom, weet and nar wouldnt have been any easy win for anyone. It would have been a quite interesting war.
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:41   #144
NaQ

NaQ is an unknown quantity at this point
for my fellow vvommers, just logout of pa and stop getting stressed out over these lamers

there will surely be a round in the future you can have fun in

for now, just sleep properly and let the lamers roid your 2mill score planet with 100 roids

Last edited by NaQ; 27 Mar 2003 at 23:46.
NaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:50   #145
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad
So instead Eclipse goes out making a block alot bigger to win easily ??

A fight between three blocks; vom, weet and nar wouldnt have been any easy win for anyone. It would have been a quite interesting war.
My comment was mostly sarcastic. Regardless, yes a three side war might have been interesting but in the reality of PA such a thing is unlikely to happen since then one block would be caught in the crossfire between two hostile aligned blocks. There wasnt any fluid politics between all three blocks.

R6 was three blocks, two of them aligned to take out FLTTV. See?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 27 Mar 2003, 23:58   #146
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
My comment was mostly sarcastic. Regardless, yes a three side war might have been interesting but in the reality of PA such a thing is unlikely to happen
yupp, a three block scenario is highly unlikely.

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:03   #147
Draki
> EvuL

saying it is unlikely doesn't make it impossible =)
but w8 .... someone had to make a secret agreement...

well good night everyone cu later on the weekend
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:40   #148
One_Darling

One_Darling is an unknown quantity at this point
I just want to make a few points

1: Vacation mode was for political stance and not score roids (however I still hated doing it and will never do it again)

2:Cypher and Deven were dead against it and fought to the bitter end about it but were finially preasured by the galaxy to do it as it was all or none and they did not want to be responsiable for other losing everything just cause they said NO

3: There is only one reason weetnar have not seperated and vvomm has nothing to do with it. We are too weak to be the reason. I personally think they are afraid of loosing score and roids and rank if the got to war on eachother. Its like the old pair of riped jeans so comfortiable you just hate to get rid of them even thou its long past time
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:45   #149
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by One_Darling
2:Cypher and Deven were dead against it and fought to the bitter end about it but were finially preasured by the galaxy to do it as it was all or none and they did not want to be responsiable for other losing everything just cause they said NO
All or none? It's even more pathetic that you'd pressure people into it, than the fact that they'd buckle and do as you said.

Unless someone logged into their accounts and pressed the vacation button, noone was making them do it.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 00:55   #150
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
All or none? It's even more pathetic that you'd pressure people into it, than the fact that they'd buckle and do as you said.

Unless someone logged into their accounts and pressed the vacation button, noone was making them do it.
oh come on, give us a break.
What are the other options if 8 out of 10 are going into vacation mode?

a) self exile - haha, probably ending up in a gal with 9 scan accounts. You chose to play with your friends and you want to stay with them. Just because they are making a decision you don't agree with does not mean that you don't like to play with them any longer
b) delete account - weeeha 10$ down the drain and doing teenwar a favor
c) fight on - with newsscans arriving and given the attitude of teenwar so far they will not only take your roids but kill your fleet. Great. Not a big difference to deletion of the account
d) go into vac mode - getting flamed on AD; however you are still with your friends and you still have at least some ships left when teenwar cancels the nap

I know that you probably/maybe would have selected something else. That may make you 'honorable' in some eyes. But it's not a rational choice.