User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Nov 2007, 10:39   #1
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Red face attacking inhabited galaxies

Galaxys with your own members in :

Ok now i know that we all attack overly hostile galaxys and when a war scenario is on, also we all do it.

But the rumour that CT has declared open season on all galaxies wether they contain CT or not has reached my ears, i dont know if this is true, after all its is pa and rumours run riot.

So CT .. is it true, and if it is, what is your reasoning behind it ?

Small base meaning you have run out of viable galaxies ?

No-one you feel like being at war with and planet targetting only ?

You like upsetting your membership by getting them into heated discussions in their galaxy chans on why their galaxy has incomming from CT ?

Are you offering naps to galaxies/planets that dont attack CT to secure your alliance position in the universe ?

Do the rest of us think this is a viable option as a tactic, i'm still of the mind that your gal mates are your last line of defence and to upset the gal mates of your member isnt tactically viable unless there are extenuating circumstances...

or alternatively .. is CT upset with the votes on *most hated alliance* and want to secure their 1st place there by (insert word here) off everyone ! (:
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 11:42   #2
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough
Re: attacking inhabited galaxies

I don't think there is much new and scandelous in attacking galaxies with your own members in. Although it always creates tension I think it's got to be done when half the galaxy is hostile and there happens to be one member from CT (in this case) in it. Especially if those other galaxy members are targetting CT, even if there isn't a full scale war on.

But yea, at the end of the day its always a dangerous decision to take and will always cause problems.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 11:45   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

In my experience there are 1 reason why you hit gals with your own members in it....
Specific target picking... ie at war with certain ally(s) or have NAPed to the hilt where your standard gal raids become slim pickings.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 11:54   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
Galaxys with your own members in :

Ok now i know that we all attack overly hostile galaxys and when a war scenario is on, also we all do it.

But the rumour that CT has declared open season on all galaxies wether they contain CT or not has reached my ears, i dont know if this is true, after all its is pa and rumours run riot.

So CT .. is it true, and if it is, what is your reasoning behind it ?
it is true and apparently people in ct gals that aren't ct, or p-napped to ct occasionally tend to give ct incs is one reason, at least.

Quote:
yeah this is probably a big part of it to be honest with you.

Quote:
indeed

Quote:
You like upsetting your membership by getting them into heated discussions in their galaxy chans on why their galaxy has incomming from CT ?
yeah that's pretty funny, so yes is the answer once again
Quote:
Are you offering naps to galaxies/planets that dont attack CT to secure your alliance position in the universe ?
indeed CT are offering p-naps. i believe, you can ask a CT galmate to sort it for you, or pm an op in #conspiracy directly.

Quote:
Do the rest of us think this is a viable option as a tactic, i'm still of the mind that your gal mates are your last line of defence and to upset the gal mates of your member isnt tactically viable unless there are extenuating circumstances...
i agree with the last line of defence thing, but i'm not sure why anyone in a galaxy feels they have the right of protection from incomings from a galmates' alliance.

Quote:
or alternatively .. is CT upset with the votes on *most hated alliance* and want to secure their 1st place there by (insert word here) off everyone ! (:
the most hated alliance is probably easily one of fury / legion to be honest, the 500 or so people who hate ct aren't anything compared to 50k or whatever
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 11:58   #5
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
i agree with the last line of defence thing, but i'm not sure why anyone in a galaxy feels they have the right of protection from incomings from a galmates' alliance.
its a fairly assumed thing, thats why many galaxies try to have all the top alliances in them to attempt to fence sit.

Quote:
Quote:

yeah this is probably a big part of it to be honest with you.

Quote:

indeed
you've napped yourselves into a corner then .... well done !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:03   #6
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

let's not forget that this is a game of attacking planets that actually HAVE roids... there are 1500 total planets (roughly) so of course, the ability to have good targets for members ends quickly when you limit your targeting package. This is nothing new, alliances have done it every since I can remember. Like jer said, why on Earth would a person just assume that they get a free pass because a member of a certain alliance happens to be in their galaxy. They have planets that are hostile to a particular alliance, members residing there or not, they get hit. It's nothing personal, it's just a game. If your alliance choses to hit only galaxies where your members don't reside, and you want to limit your members to targets that are already raped to the bone and might have 200-300 roids, thats your choice.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:06   #7
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
its a fairly assumed thing, thats why many galaxies try to have all the top alliances in them to attempt to fence sit

you've napped yourselves into a corner then .... well done !
assumed by fencesitters yes; but those sorts usually get planet naps as well....

and sadly, a large proportion of the naps CT hold are people (aforementioned fences) and a certain alliance coming to CT-- not vice versa. i don't know anyone'd look at a gift horse's mouth in such a scenario to be honest with you either. i'll be honest with you, the scenario isn't ideal as my list of targets is severely tight as it is but the majority are satisfied with a coast and perhaps ti's not such a bad thing after all.

by the way my own galaxy got pounded by ct (and 3 other alliances for real) about a week ago, there's no point being bitter. it's hardly like roid gaps are ridiculous at this stage; takes 2-3 nights of lucky roiding to get back most of what you can lose in a day unless you're top 3 roids planet wise really.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:13   #8
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

another good point Jer makes, we're roiding galaxies, we're not sending structure killers in or anything like that or making parking lot's out of people's planets. You roid, you get roided, it's really not that big of a deal... no one secures roids well, no alliance defends well, the best you can hope for is 60-70% incoming defended, and most alliances can't achieve that. Anyone playing PA who doesn't think they are gonna get roided needs to put down the crack pipe
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:15   #9
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

sometimes the gift horse will bite u.

from a general point of view if this becomes a prevelant action, its another nail in the lid of the coffin of alliances.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:19   #10
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:

from a general point of view if this becomes a prevelant action, its another nail in the lid of the coffin of alliances.
it's been going on since round 1, nothing has changed
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:22   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:23   #12
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yeah but who cares, this round is absolutely dire
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 12:39   #13
jerome

Quote:

yeah it's not like every notable alliance in the game has at one point or another roided gals with their own members in them, or we'd surely have to kneel and cry apocalypse at the sight ahead
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 14:59   #14
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

If a planet in CT-galaxy attacks CT, wouldn't it be unfair not to allow CT attack them back.
Planet has two choices: "Take the incomming" or "planetnap"(if he wants to sit on the fence).
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 15:35   #15
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

even if that would be the case, what on earth would that have to do with CT? They are #1 by a mile and by the looks of it (based on sandmans), no one is really challanging them either. It only makes sense they find ways to get the most gains for their members and alliance as a whole. If anyone has a problem with it they should setup a war party to divert CT's attention and perhaps give them something to do for the rest of the round instead of letting them win by galraiding only.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 18:53   #16
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

What gullible people forget to remember when they sign a planet nap is that the planet nap is only void as long as the alliance they sign it with want it to be, which leaves them open for an attack whenever the alliance feels like hitting them. Ergo it is only the alliance that really benefits from a planetnap as they get protected from "big" planets and can focus their fleets elsewhere, and when they've farmed those planets they can just drop their pnaps and hit others. That way making the game quite easy for themselves.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 19:34   #17
The_Preacher
SWaRM 4 Life

The_Preacher has a little shameless behaviour in the past

what people seem to be forgetting is how CT used ROCK and VGN to hit urwins planets on there big raids on gals containing there members.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 20:36   #18
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Preacher
what people seem to be forgetting is how CT used ROCK and VGN to hit urwins planets on there big raids on gals containing there members.
How can someone forget something that you just made up?

As for the rest of this thread it is a total non-issue. The only time galaxies got blanket protection was when they were 100% private and alliances could pick and choose who to be in their galaxies. And even then it wasn't completely guaranteed.

I wonder how those people in galaxies without much protection who have had incoming from all sides all round feel about people in fence-sitting galaxies whining about one night of incoming.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 22:52   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Preacher
more like, what people seem to be forgetting is that a battlegroup with members in both ROCK, VGN and CT got a few urwins target to fill a CT raid.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 22:59   #20
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

An alliance attacking galaxies? For real?
OMG thats disgraceful!!!!!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 23:02   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
An alliance attacking galaxies? For real?
OMG thats disgraceful!!!!!
You deserve a medal for completely missing the point of the thread.
Unread 25 Nov 2007, 23:29   #22
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
And you deserve a medal for completely missing the point of this game.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 04:03   #23
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

the game has been taking game power out of the alliance hands for many years

ok .. lets predict ..

after the block rounds .. alliance was coded into game and limits to alliance members slowly have been cut down

based on people out of alliance attacking - rules on support planets were introduced

IF the self imposed gal naps simply get removed by consenus that they are not fiscally viable anymore, giving alliances a bit more game power/inflence then what will be introduced to curb that shift in the power structure.

thinking this round is short term .. i'm thinking long term.

we have imposed many rules on ourselves, once we abandon them, i worry they will be imposed upon us instead.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 04:53   #24
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the game has been taking game power out of the alliance hands for many years

ok .. lets predict ..

after the block rounds .. alliance was coded into game and limits to alliance members slowly have been cut down

based on people out of alliance attacking - rules on support planets were introduced

IF the self imposed gal naps simply get removed by consenus that they are not fiscally viable anymore, giving alliances a bit more game power/inflence then what will be introduced to curb that shift in the power structure.

thinking this round is short term .. i'm thinking long term.

we have imposed many rules on ourselves, once we abandon them, i worry they will be imposed upon us instead.
There are several problems with your premise but the main one is that all alliances give their member galaxies blanket naps. This was never ever true. Just because some alliances do something does not make it a community rule.

This also has little to do with alliance power. Just the opposite, if CT wanted to assert power we would tell our members who they can and can't bp with and we would tell them who they should and shouldn't exile. We would also make it so they would never attack us. Then we would have an obligation to the galaxies.

We don't tell them these things. We do not control our members galaxies, we do not want to control our members galaxies and this is one of the reasons it is silly for people to think we owe them full protection because they share two coord numbers with a CT planet. We make CT galaxies low priority targets, even when they attack us, as a service to our members not because of some imaginary rule. We are under no obligation to show them any preference at all, we do it because it benefits us, because this is a game and not an exercise in making up rules and whining when they are broken.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 26 Nov 2007 at 05:59.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 08:50   #25
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Mistwraith: honest question, have you considered taking direct action against CT if you don't like what they are doing?

This goes for everyone moaning about their pnaps, flak allies and goodness knows what else.

Just send them some red ffs.

After all, if the CT in your members galaxies have stood by while your members were attacked by their alliance mates, wouldn't it be amusing to paste a few of their reactions around your alliance channels when the "favor" is returned?

That is the way to deal with issues like this.
The very worst that could come of it is that CT will actually have to earn a victory instead of having it handed to them on a plate by their flak alliances.

Whats more, its direct concerted action like this, which binds alliances together in the long term, so that should address your concerns (which I think are totally unfounded) that CTs actions will in some way cause instability in the alliances of the people they attack in this way.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 11:22   #26
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_CRAB
The very worst that could come of it is that CT will actually have to earn a victory instead of having it handed to them on a plate by their flak alliances.

In the old days this was just called politics.
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 11:46   #27
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Oh well, looks like there won't be much need for justifying attacking in our own galaxies anymore. Wonder who to start with.. Angels/xVx/ND or eXc?
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 12:12   #28
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Oh well, looks like there won't be much need for justifying attacking in our own galaxies anymore. Wonder who to start with.. Angels/xVx/ND or eXc?
theres never any point in justifying anything on AD. Its a waste of time isnt it?

I fully support attacking gals with own members inn. Atleast in the current situation CT find themselves inn.
V smal uni. Few targets. CT spread around V nicely ( have to give ya that, not many gals with more than 2 ct in. ) You have a pnap policy and with that u hope that attacking members in ur gals without pnap will force more to take ur pnaps.
After tonight u guys have another valid reason for doing it also.
Lets hope for a good end in a rather dull round.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 13:27   #29
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

does this mean i can stop pretending to check my targets?

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 14:28   #30
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
In the old days this was just called politics.
You can still call it politics if you like.
Im not knocking it, I'd love to be in their position, I've heard that a good rimming is very pleasurable...

And to be fair, its not just the flak alliances that are bending over backwards to help them win.

Those accepting the pnaps are making a great contribution to the CT effort as well and should not be forgotten.
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 14:45   #31
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My point is that in days past, they weren't called weasel terms such as 'flak alliances'. They were just 'allies', and the response was to either get your own allies or to roid the shit out of your enemies' allies so that they didn't want to fight anymore.

Instead these days we just get whining on AD about something that was once so minor, it wasn't even worth a mention.
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 15:21   #32
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
theres never any point in justifying anything on AD. Its a waste of time isnt it?

I fully support attacking gals with own members inn. Atleast in the current situation CT find themselves inn.
V smal uni. Few targets. CT spread around V nicely ( have to give ya that, not many gals with more than 2 ct in. ) You have a pnap policy and with that u hope that attacking members in ur gals without pnap will force more to take ur pnaps.
After tonight u guys have another valid reason for doing it also.
Lets hope for a good end in a rather dull round.
enjoy my roids wish
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 15:24   #33
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
more like, what people seem to be forgetting is that a battlegroup with members in both ROCK, VGN and CT got a few urwins target to fill a CT raid.
wow you just blew up my bullshit meter

if your gonna try again at least try not to make shit up

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 15:32   #34
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
enjoy my roids wish
oi did I roid u?

didnt even check who I attacked.
Will enjoy them for a good 20 ticks or so. once a cath gets roids he gets waved

sadly it seems I have to rely on xp to get my top 20 spot this round so hard to get value, even without loosing a single ship

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 15:39   #35
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Hey Wish, how about organising attacks on members in your own galaxy?
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 17:11   #36
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
Instead these days we just get whining on AD about something that was once so minor, it wasn't even worth a mention.
Well, I personally don't think I'm whining, but if I /am/ whining, then you are whining about my whining.
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 18:01   #37
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
You deserve no medal for completely missing the point of pa.

At the end of the day this is a war game.

And this thread is started by someone complaining that an alliance is attacking galaxies within it.
With less than 100 proper galaxies, and 70 members, thats gonna happen.

So what if CT attack gals with there own members in? Why should people get naps just cause of who is in their galaxy?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 21:24   #38
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
And this thread is started by someone complaining that an alliance is attacking galaxies within it.
its not a complaint, a complaint is a statement of opposition, most of the initial post is questions, and the final part of the post is a question of others opinions, and i've offered my opinion within the thread too.

at NO point have i complained about this tactic of CT's, and i am not complaining about it, what i'm doing is questioning wether it is a action that may spread as a tactic and have repercussions in the future rounds, and also observing how CT managed to get into a position where viable targets are in their own galaxies, so i and others may learn from it.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 21:31   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What do you mean spread? Any alliance willing to challenge for #1 has always been willing to hit people in their members' galaxies.
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 21:59   #40
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

as in spread downwards thro to the bottom, not just the #1 etc
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 26 Nov 2007, 22:42   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why would it start spreading now if it hasn't already? You appear to be concerned about what smaller alliances will do yet you talk in your first post almost entirely about CT?
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 01:35   #42
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

From what I see, galaxies are given blanket protection for the most part when they have certain alliances ingal. However, in times like this, times of real war (I say real because this is a war game after all) it is acceptable and necessary to attack galaxies with your own members in it to take out threats.

As a bit of a sidenote, even if certain people will disagree with the blanket protection, it may not be a particular policy of the alliance, but it does happen in practice. It might not be complete protection, but it does help.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 04:09   #43
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Why would it start spreading now if it hasn't already? You appear to be concerned about what smaller alliances will do yet you talk in your first post almost entirely about CT?

merely because CT have gone into this scenario without going into a *war* planetary targets scenario so early and i had heard about it.

what #1 does others will watch and if a tactic works it will be repeated, and followed by alliance further down the list.

CT themselves have said that this isnt because of some war, if it was that i would have shrugged and moved on from this thread, but from what they have said its because of universe size and planet sizes in non allied gals, a blanket permission to hit any gal ( planets that are not under protection/napped of course ) is hardly a normal one.

so my question is would anyone else follow suit and if so why, and if anyone wouldnt and why, obviously i am in the recluctant to unless war is declared or the situation arises that we would have to, the reasons why they havent gone to war and had to start in on their own gals so early are probably political, and of course only know to them.

i give the example of escort planets way back .. by i think LDK, which would have barely any pods and would merely be escorting the main planet, coding has been altered that this is now unproductive, this tactic was seen to be working and was copied, as a tactic for game success blanket permission to attack any gal is in the same catagory and will have repercussions in political manouvering with napping properly rather than merely having attack agreements, and maybe repercussions within coding to prevent alliances hitting their own gals, which atm is self governed because its only done in more extreme circumstances.
R11 -> NOW HR HC

Last edited by Mistwraith; 27 Nov 2007 at 04:20.
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 04:24   #44
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

my concerns are at the level of what a *odder* tactic will create upon the eroding alliance abilities/powers to self govern their actions within the game.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 05:41   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
so my question is would anyone else follow suit and if so why, and if anyone wouldnt and why, obviously i am in the recluctant to unless war is declared or the situation arises that we would have to, the reasons why they havent gone to war and had to start in on their own gals so early are probably political, and of course only know to them.
There wasn't anyone to go to war with really. Winning and then actively going out and attracting attention to yourself by hitting, say, the #3 alliance is hardly a productive approach. No one alliance was massively hostile to any other before last night as far as I'm aware.

Quote:
i give the example of escort planets way back .. by i think LDK, which would have barely any pods and would merely be escorting the main planet, coding has been altered that this is now unproductive, this tactic was seen to be working and was copied, as a tactic for game success blanket permission to attack any gal is in the same catagory and will have repercussions in political manouvering with napping properly rather than merely having attack agreements, and maybe repercussions within coding to prevent alliances hitting their own gals, which atm is self governed because its only done in more extreme circumstances.
No it isn't. Alliance targetting has never, ever been coded into the game.
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 08:20   #46
Wishmaster
LDK

bash limidt and crazy xp gains might be seen as coding which interfered with what alliances could hit and couldnt

( hello asc in the round 1up deserved the win )

I remember quite a few of my rl m8s back in r2-3 when bash limidt was first added to the game were very upset with it, and most stopped playing ( one of several reasons I spose ) but ye, all changes which takes freedom away from players is shit imo

Quote:

Last edited by Wishmaster; 27 Nov 2007 at 08:26.
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 08:56   #47
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
Hey Wish, how about organising attacks on members in your own galaxy?
I have member(s) from my gal/bp in our hitlists.
We do out best to stay away from gals with eXcessums in though, but that isnt realistic in such a smal universe, atleast not if u want to actually achieve something. Not that we are achieving much anyway

Quote:
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 11:25   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
bash limidt and crazy xp gains might be seen as coding which interfered with what alliances could hit and couldnt

( hello asc in the round 1up deserved the win )

I remember quite a few of my rl m8s back in r2-3 when bash limidt was first added to the game were very upset with it, and most stopped playing ( one of several reasons I spose ) but ye, all changes which takes freedom away from players is shit imo
Alliance
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 11:45   #49
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

To be honest i think the route of this "problem" is due to alliance limits being too high for a game with unfortunately so few players currently. Hopefully if we have a lower alliance limit (50!?) then we wouldn't have this problem as that would be a lot more galaxies open. My 2cents anyway...
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 11:56   #50
ReligFree

That should be root of this "problem" by the way.