User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Feb 2008, 18:15   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Earthquake

Did any of you feel the earthquake last night? I did all my lights and my computer turned off as the generator was damaged but luckily the backup generator remained unaffected
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2008, 19:05   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Earthquake

Didn't notice a thing.
Unread 27 Feb 2008, 20:33   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yes i was killed
Unread 27 Feb 2008, 22:50   #4
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

omg i felt it all the way in aberystwyth the lights went off and books fell off and everything!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2008, 23:43   #5
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
yes i was killed
God is dead?
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 00:31   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm in Edinburgh, a city built largely on rock as opposed to flood plain. Also I was probably drunk.

Yeah didn't feel it.
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 06:04   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ke0226-ON.html

I wasn't wrong.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 12:55   #8
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I thought a small rugby team was attacking the house at first. It didn't last long enough though. I wanted to go driving in it. I wasn't in the UK for the 2001 so at least I got to experience this one.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 13:47   #9
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

How did people in Holland manage to feel it and yet despite being awake I noticed nothing heh.

Quote:
A woman in Notting Hill, a wealthy section of London, reported that her radio was bumping up and down on a shelf for several seconds.
Amused me though
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 13:53   #10
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Did any of you feel the earthquake last night? I did all my lights and my computer turned off as the generator was damaged but luckily the backup generator remained unaffected
You live in the UK and use a generator?

Do you live on a farm?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2008, 13:53   #11
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
How did people in Holland manage to feel it and yet despite being awake I noticed nothing heh.
Being several floors up, if you felt it then I think your flat was not a great investment/structurally sound.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 10:26   #12
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

One floor up in a flat, topographically, top of the river valley, didnt even know it had happened till i read a newspaper.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 14:43   #13
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0226britain-quake0226-ON.html
"Earthquake strikes near London, is felt across England"
Sorry, but how the hell is "125 miles north" in any way near London?
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 18:44   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All roads lead to London.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 20:13   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMak
125 miles really isn't very far from an American point of view.
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 20:18   #16
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I know, but as an 'American approximation', it puts about half of England near London, which I wouldn't have thought 'd be that helpful as a "this is roughly where it happened" indicator.
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 21:06   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
explaining idiocy is hardly justification for idiocy.

a mile on foot is a mile on foot, perhaps if they ever walked then they wouldn't make such mistakes
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 22:44   #18
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMak
It's nearer than 126 miles, innit.
Unread 3 Mar 2008, 00:45   #19
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It's nearer than 126 miles, innit.
Uh-huh. And farther than France.
Unread 4 Mar 2008, 20:20   #20
AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher is infamous around these parts

Clearly the BBC thinks London psychically dominates the landscape for 150+ miles around. You cannot escape the ant-hill that is the Greater London conurbation...its coming for you, creeping ever closer, and before you know it Essex will have sprawled into East Anglia creating a new breed of Greater Londoners: half-Yokel, half-Chav and all voting for our Dark Lord and Master, Red Ken Livingstone. The end of the world is nigh, and anyone driving a 4x4 will be the first into the Pit, while those driving 1l engined bio-fuel burning green cars will be Raptured up in their stupid little eco-cars, to sneer at gas guzzlers as they die in a war.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 10:53   #21
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

posting in support of atomsmasher.
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 13:32   #22
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
posting in support of atomsmasher.
horn?
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 13:42   #23
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
Clearly the BBC thinks London psychically dominates the landscape for 150+ miles around. You cannot escape the ant-hill that is the Greater London conurbation...its coming for you, creeping ever closer, and before you know it Essex will have sprawled into East Anglia creating a new breed of Greater Londoners: half-Yokel, half-Chav and all voting for our Dark Lord and Master, Red Ken Livingstone. The end of the world is nigh, and anyone driving a 4x4 will be the first into the Pit, while those driving 1l engined bio-fuel burning green cars will be Raptured up in their stupid little eco-cars, to sneer at gas guzzlers as they die in a war.
But twas not the BBC who wrote it :/ Your point on the BBC's views on London still stand tho - The dark times are coming :Bunny:
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 15:00   #24
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
horn?
neer.

horn's paid idi to supply him with the old password hashes, the ones idi stole a while back.

because one can gain the seed that created those hashes through the pirated versions of vbulletin, and the inherent weakness of the md5 hashing algorithm, and the use of the internet for a database of md5 hashes and their original text, horn now has everyone's old gd password. and those people whose gd password is similar to their mail account password have therefore given horn access to their email account.

through careful manipulation of users' email accounts, horn will now have a large number of new gd passwords. and a new supply of capital which he plans to eventually use for gene therapy. but at the moment horn's much more interested in all the new gd accounts he's gained.

horn is now.... everywhere.

it'll start off quite innocently. you'll find the odd post here and there, but nothing quite so obvious, and after a while the "it's horn" meme will age. but this won't be enough for horn. he'll want more. and more. and then one day you'll wake up, look in the mirror and you'll see....

horn.

one day, years after the shock of it has faded and you've quit work and started to live off benefit, you'll see a man who looks strangely familiar crossing the road. too familiar. and those friends of his, they look quite familiar, too.

the thought will linger on in your mind. but what can you do? nothing. at least you're life isn't completely meaningless; there's always gd. and what with all the positive rep you gain daily and your strange hankering for rap music and your irc friends who know a scary amount of detail about your life, it's not that bad really...
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 15:34   #25
All Systems Go

horn?
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 17:21   #26
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

i dunno. horn probably would have written "your life" and not "you're life". i reread that post as well. the horror of it all.
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 17:24   #27
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

besides, i'm only moderately socially crippled with the propensity for great leaps of creativity while I'm procrastinating.
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 17:25   #28
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

it's not like i'm on irc and the forums all day, either.
Unread 5 Mar 2008, 17:26   #29
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

well actually,

you're right. i'm horn.
Unread 6 Mar 2008, 20:24   #30
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i actually slept through it but im telling everyone i did feel it because i hate being left out, everyone else has their own little anecdotes. im now telling people a mug fell off the desk in my room.
Unread 7 Mar 2008, 15:54   #31
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
i actually slept through it but im telling everyone i did feel it because i hate being left out, everyone else has their own little anecdotes. im now telling people a mug fell off the desk in my room.
You're a mug!

Haw haw!