User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Jun 2006, 08:18   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Lostprophets

Surely, they've gone emo right?

What's up with bands going emo these days?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 08:44   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Lostprophets

I saw them when I was erm 16 so 5 years ago now (this was before they were big big but was when they were doing the shit tour of the country), they were thoroughly enjoyable, no idea what they are like today. I guess bands going emo is because emo is cool? Theres loads of emo kids so they are trying to appeal to them?
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 09:05   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

they sound a lot different now than they used to.

Oh and Blasto - Angels and Airways are more depressing than emo (and not as good).
I went to see Foo Fighters last night and Dave Grohl was saying:
"Give it up for Eagles of Death Metal"
"Give it up for the Subways"
"Give it up for Angels and Airways... Hey - they're my friends. Boo them, boo me, grrrrr"
"Give it up for the Strokes"

So yeh - the other support bands were really good.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 09:38   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

eagles of death metal are clearly the best band in that list, if anything grohl should be supporting them.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 09:50   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
eagles of death metal are clearly the best band in that list, if anything grohl should be supporting them.
They were pretty good as a first support band.

Foo Fighters were absolutely amazing though. One of the best live performances I've seen.
Solo version of Everlong, amazing drum solo, amazing guitar solo, brilliant crowd interaction, taking the piss out of London, 20 mins of Fireworks after the show, Laser things, brilliant songs, Grohl going on drums for a song with the drummer singing... Perfect gig from them.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 11:21   #6
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I really liked Dragon vs Shinobi Ninja [sic]. Everything else they've done has been third-rate.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 11:39   #7
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
What's up with bands going emo these days?
didn't you post something about asking what shoes to buy or something to aim at getting emo girls?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 12:01   #8
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Girls have lower standards when they want to die .
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 12:06   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People really need to shut up about "emo".
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 12:14   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

it will be soon, "metalcore" is the big new thing in the scene and will soon take over soon enough.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 13:11   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lost Prophets are not emo. They are however inherently shit.

I never liked their music but after their first album they ****ed off to America to get a more American sound and from the song i've heard off their third album it sounds like they've stayed there. I don't mind them staying there, infact i'm all for it. I hope they stay there forever. Sadly their music travels via satellites to my TV and that makes me sad.

Actually i suppose that Lost Prophets might be slightly emo in that case, what with the whole "listening to their music makes me sad and want to kill myself" angle (but not really).
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 18:43   #12
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

they're just not very good...
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 22:20   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I remember getting Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja ages ago because someone told me to which was pretty good. They're a bit crappy now I guess.

I thought Blasto wanted to be emo so what's he complaining about
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 10:10   #14
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm only doing the emo thing to get into naive emo girls (knickers).

But I didn't want Lostprophets to follow the other bands and make emo music. I really like them and their first two albums was different. However this new album sound similar like the other emo bands/albums I downloaded recently. They even decided to dress like emos and got emo haircuts.

It's a shame. They just followed the crowd like lost sheep*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Oh and Blasto - Angels and Airwaves are more depressing than emo (and not as good).
I know. I saw them live last Tuesday at Brixton and to be honest, it wasn't a great show. I liked the songs/music/album but they were just plain on stage. Nothing like Blink unfortunately.

P.S. I'm only talking about the Lostprophets being emo based on their new single. I'm not sure what they're new album sounds like. I shall be buying the album, seeing them live and get it signed on the 26th of June at HMV Oxford Street.

*Get it? They're Welsh.... Sheep. I'll shut up now.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 13:29   #15
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I'm only doing the emo thing to get into naive emo girls (knickers).
the point was that, that's exactly why the rest are too, including bands. well, with more money added alongside said girls.
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 12:29   #16
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

there new album rocks Blasto, the first track is ace to wake up to
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 17:21   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

They were never very good so I doubt going emo will make them any worse.

I'm shocked that the whole emo thing is still going on or has become as mainstream as it is, you wait till Beckham starts combing his hair over his face then you crazy kids will have to do something else to show your agony at the world.

Also metalcore is certainly not a new or big thing. Come to think of it nor is the trend of adding core to every sub genre of music.

Last edited by Hicks; 20 Jun 2006 at 17:26.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 13:06   #18
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Also metalcore is certainly not a new or big thing.
sure it is, "in the scene", give it 6 months. similarly, emo wasn't a new nor a big thing either until it spread from the US.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 14:56   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
sure it is, "in the scene", give it 6 months. similarly, emo wasn't a new nor a big thing either until it spread from the US.
Music is cyclical in terms of popularity but the subgenres always remain active even when it isn't popular. Metalcore has been around years and years, granted it hasn't been popular since the late 1980s but there's always been metalcore bands around just like emo wasn't popular throughout most of the 1990s but there were always emo bands out there (Jimmy Eat World were still pretty big), just because people are starting to like something again doesn't make it new. Don't worry at least we're long overdue a proper new wave of Ska !

Much as I'd like to refrain from commenting on the "scene" I can't resist, I think it's one of those things that as you grow up past about the age of 19/20 you start to see through and realise just how cringe worthy most of the people associated with it are, while maybe this is just scathing at the South Wales area I'm 95% certain it's true for everywhere. horn if your idea of a good time is to hang around at shows with a bunch of posing, insecure, drama queens, who feel they need to name their brand of uniform non conformity to give them some sort of meaning and bragging rights then you should look into going to these places !
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:10   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
horn if your idea of a good time is to hang around at shows with a bunch of posing, insecure, drama queens, who feel they need to name their brand of uniform non conformity to give them some sort of meaning and bragging rights then you should look into going to these places !
I'm not really sure what "the scene" actually is, in objective terms, as there's definitely nothing I've ever encountered that is that solid just random people who go to random gigs/clubs. Even in London (where I presume there is a fairly large clubbing scene compared to some towns) people end up going to entirely different types of place from time to time. I've met the same individuals at goth, punk or even psy-trance nights for instance.

But anyway, as always the people will vary. There's always going to be shit people in any social circle (look at these forums for example) but a lot of the people I've encountered in what I suppose you're terming is "the scene" have been ridiculously nice.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:14   #21
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
There's always going to be shit people in any social circle (look at these forums for example)

You shouldn't stand for him talking about you like that Jonny. He's totally disrespeckin your authority.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:28   #22
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not really sure what "the scene" actually is, in objective terms, as there's definitely nothing I've ever encountered that is that solid just random people who go to random gigs/clubs. Even in London (where I presume there is a fairly large clubbing scene compared to some towns) people end up going to entirely different types of place from time to time. I've met the same individuals at goth, punk or even psy-trance nights for instance.

But anyway, as always the people will vary. There's always going to be shit people in any social circle (look at these forums for example) but a lot of the people I've encountered in what I suppose you're terming is "the scene" have been ridiculously nice.
I think scene is a somewhat ambiguous term and will certainly mean different things to different people. I also think it may be a lot less pronounced in London because it's so much bigger and has so much on offer, for me growing up you'd always tend to have the same people a shows no matter where they were which made it a lot more close knit. When I think of the term "scene" and more specifically the type of people who would use the phrase it usually brings to mind posing 16 year olds in Atticus t-shirts desperately seeking acceptance and usually using the "scene" as a barrier to exclude others, as you say you get shit people everywhere, for me though I found a far larger concentration of them in the punk (Far less so)/emo (Far more so) scene than anywhere else.
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 00:29   #23
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

Quote:
Metalcore has been around years and years, granted it hasn't been popular since the late 1980s
Out of curiosity, who played Metalcore in the late 80s?

I think the current type of metalcore won't get into mainstream because it's a bit too heavy/rough for a good bit of the "mainstream audience", I'd say. Unfortunately, this also depends on one's understanding of mainstream, which differs from casual listener to indie elitist.
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 01:22   #24
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opi
Out of curiosity, who played Metalcore in the late 80s?

I think the current type of metalcore won't get into mainstream because it's a bit too heavy/rough for a good bit of the "mainstream audience", I'd say. Unfortunately, this also depends on one's understanding of mainstream, which differs from casual listener to indie elitist.
Biohazard ? Integrity ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalcore

I've never heard of Nuclear Assualt or any of the other bands early bands other than the two I mentioned to be honest. I used to have a mate who always used to bang on about Integrity when we were about fifthteen so I used to end up listerning to a bit of metalcore then, they're not actually that horrible.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 11:48   #25
Blastoderm
________

Got their album yesterday. It's clearly different from the other two albums they released before.

It's just emo. Looks like they sold out to the "hardcore" Lostprophets fans who don't particularly like emo.

But on the whole, it ain't that bad. 6/10.
Unread 27 Jun 2006, 21:45   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I like last summer and rooftops, does that make me a bad man?
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 14:29   #27
jerome

these people are all on the very site you have an account on!

"clubs" would be places like mean fiddler/garage on most nights of the week, daytime places would be soho square/round about kingston area.

the scene is somewhat explained though not specifically here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scene_%28subculture%29
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:01   #28
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

You best not tell the indie people hear you say that, they get offended if they're grouped up with the scene kids, musical elitism !
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 23:54   #29
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Their 2nd album was a bit emo as well tbh. And a bit shit as well. Havent listened to anything of their 3rd album yet though.
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 23:58   #30
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
Their 2nd album was a bit emo as well tbh.
It was a bit but you almost couldn't notice it.
Quote:
And a bit shit as well.
I didn't think it was shit.
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 00:05   #31
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Some of it was ok, like Burn Burn, Last Train Home but some of the more shouty ones I didn't like, I guess it's just down to preference. Best Lost Prophets song still is Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja, the pure acoustic version of it is amzing.
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 00:09   #32
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
Best Lost Prophets song still is Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja, the
QFT.
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 00:50   #33
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Lost Prophets are on C4 now, they just played a song and it was emoish. Also they are dressing very emo as well. Sellouts. :/
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 02:00   #34
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Metalcore is worse than emo, but both are significantly less abysmal than this thread.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 01:04   #35
Blastoderm
________

You see what I mean..
Unread 30 Jun 2006, 02:05   #36
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

It's like a race to the bottom