User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 26 Feb 2016, 23:19   #1
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
So structure defence

with the ability to be immune to such ships is it not about time we had some that could actually travel at an ETA that's a bit more reasonable?

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2016, 23:21   #2
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all
Re: So structure defence

I fully agree. If pods come in all classes now I think SKs should as well. It's only logical.

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2016, 23:53   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The main problem I have with SKs is that the way they're currently implemented doesn't actually make the game more interesting. If we put SKs in roiding classes, then everyone will always make 10% SD, and then SKing might as well not exist.

I think that the game should encourage the feeling that SKing is something you do in extreme cases only. There are only 3 reasons you'd refrain from SKing:
1) There's an unwritten community 'rule': thou shalt SK only those who have been naughty in my sight.
2) You can't. You don't have the research, your target has SD, you don't have SKs.
3) SKing someone also hurts you in some way.

We already have reason 2 ingame. Reason 1 is all well and good, but doesn't really do anything concrete. That leaves us with 3.

SKing should come out of your roid cap. You want to kill that guy? Fine, but you can't also roid him. Pick one. Every X% of structures you kill reduces your roidcap by Y%, for some X and Y.

With that feature implemented, there's no barrier to bringing SKs into the roiding fleets, and SD can either be removed (as if that'll ever happen), or weakened, since people will no longer be going around SKing willy-nilly.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2016, 23:56   #4
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Excellent suggestion, Mz.

I'm not a fan of 'destructive gameplay' at all (killing others without any gain for yourself), so I've wanted to make SKs exclusively used in wars, but this would achieve more or less the same goal where you sacrifice something to destroy someone's structures so you have to use it sparsely.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 01:36   #5
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

Well we've had fi res stealer as part of zik roiding fleets not that long ago. On the rare occasions we see fr/de sk but once again it's limited in that most stats makers have it so you need siege to prod sk. There's so many ways to counter sk now what harm can it do to have fi/co based sk? You would need so many to do any damage when compared to cr/bs you wouldn't even be able to fake it
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 02:41   #6
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

I agree they totally don't make the game more interesting but without wanting to sound too hipster the meta is where it's at

also I'm not sure I agree that they should be used in extreme cases only either, isn't this game supposed to be about war? and not about mutual agreements between alliance hc's and old friends from past rounds that don't really matter anymore?

id just find it entirely garbage that I can build ships that can hinder a planet but not get to use them due to classes and politics

Last edited by vuLgAr; 27 Feb 2016 at 02:48.
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 12:10   #7
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

What about stealing structures?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 13:56   #8
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

Don't think that could work due to the max cap on structures like FC. Also doubt the game mechanics could handle it. The math behind it would be crazy at a guess but I'm no good with math and formula so maybe it could be possible....
Would be interesting to find some different mechanics to either make sk more viable or something different and interesting
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2016, 14:21   #9
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros View Post
What about stealing structures?
Why not? After all, it's not that hard to imagine a few of my ships wrenching a building off its foundations, hauling it into orbit and then into a wormhole after which it will miraculously arrive (undamaged) at my homeworld where I will be able to lower it into position and start using it.

Even I might have a little trouble suspending my disbelief that much.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2016, 13:52   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The main problem I have with SKs is that the way they're currently implemented doesn't actually make the game more interesting. If we put SKs in roiding classes, then everyone will always make 10% SD, and then SKing might as well not exist.

I think that the game should encourage the feeling that SKing is something you do in extreme cases only. There are only 3 reasons you'd refrain from SKing:
1) There's an unwritten community 'rule': thou shalt SK only those who have been naughty in my sight.
2) You can't. You don't have the research, your target has SD, you don't have SKs.
3) SKing someone also hurts you in some way.

We already have reason 2 ingame. Reason 1 is all well and good, but doesn't really do anything concrete. That leaves us with 3.

SKing should come out of your roid cap. You want to kill that guy? Fine, but you can't also roid him. Pick one. Every X% of structures you kill reduces your roidcap by Y%, for some X and Y.

With that feature implemented, there's no barrier to bringing SKs into the roiding fleets, and SD can either be removed (as if that'll ever happen), or weakened, since people will no longer be going around SKing willy-nilly.
This is a nice idea which we might look at in the future
Unread 8 Mar 2016, 19:53   #11
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

Main changes

-SKs can now only be launched at alliances you are at war with - unallied planets cannot launch fleets with SKs in. Warning notes will let users understand this.

------------------------

so ya nerfed em even more and then denied solo planets the ability to use them atal... WP GG KK THX

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 11:43   #12
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
denied solo planets the ability to use them atal...
Unless they spend 30 seconds creating an alliance and declaring a war.
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 12:25   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
Which would ruin their counting score if they wanted to join an alliance later on. Making them a less appealing recruit
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2016, 17:27   #14
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit View Post
did that this round for shits and giggles, i can say it did not benefit my planet in anyway the few roids i had were swiftly taken (thanks in part to the you declared war now the enemy has all your co-ords dafuq is that about?) and the sk's did not land, maybe just remove fleet from the game and allow Likes only or something, i mean thats what were moving towards yeah? a social network rather than a war game