User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:05   #1
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Football] FA Cup 4th Round Draw

There's not been a thread about it so far, so thought I'd paste the ties below in case anyone hasn't seen it/didn't realise it had been drawn etc.

FA Cup fourth round draw:

Derby v Watford or Fulham
Man Utd or Exeter v Middlesbrough
Cardiff or Blackburn v Colchester
Chelsea v Birmingham
West Ham v Sheff Utd
Oldham v Bolton
Arsenal v Wolverhampton
Everton v Sunderland
Nottm Forest v Peterborough
Brentford v Hartlepool or Boston
Reading or Swansea v Leicester or Blackpool
Burnley or Liverpool v Bournemouth
Southampton v Portsmouth
West Brom v Tottenham
Newcastle v Coventry
Charlton v Yeovil

I'm not too pleased with our tie - I either wanted an easy tie (Yeovil etc) or like most clubs outside the top flight, one of the big guns. Got neither but I think we have a good chance of progressing, although we have drawn with Watford twice this season and Fulham will be able to score goals against our defence. Forest and Leicester both got easy ties but well, lets be honest, both are likely to lose

Tie of the round - I'd say either Chelse vs Birmingham, Southampton vs Portsmouth or Man Utd vs. 'Boro. Well at least there are some all Prem ties this round!

Last edited by Stew; 10 Jan 2005 at 18:46. Reason: Emby spotting the Beeb's mistake.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:10   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: [Football] FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Lokken will be happy!

I'm happy with getting Bournemouth, I'm confident that we can beat them, just as I'm equally confident that we shall overcome Burnley.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:15   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Home to Peterborough.
East Midlands derby.
Very Winnable.
If sensible ticket prices are used then it should draw a decent crowd I'm happy

Oh Stew - we nearly beat Fulham in the League Cup earlier this season so it isn't that bad a draw.

On the whole it looks pretty good I liked the no-all-premiership-tie third round - was much more exciting than last year when there was a whole half of the draw without a single premiership team.

Leicester away at Reading (potentially) is pretty difficult. Although my Leicester fan housemate doesn't think they'll beat Blackpool so he doesn't care.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:25   #4
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought the reaction of the Peterborough players/Barry Fry was hilarious when they saw they got Forest, they chucked bits of paper around, looked disgusted and put the Champagne away!
Although Fry did seem to think they'd attract a crowd of 20,000+ - hmm, although the red shites may come out - this will be their best chance of 'guranteeing' a win all season.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:31   #5
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didn't start a thread on this because I thought people might think it was prediction and not read it

It's a shame for "us" that Arsenal have home advantage

And Ste - I'm sure 'the trees' can look forward to many dull negative 0-0 and 1-0 results now they've got Megson in charge

And Stew - wtf have you done to your avatar? Seems to have very rough edges [/avatar police]
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:44   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
And Ste - I'm sure 'the trees' can look forward to many dull negative 0-0 and 1-0 results now they've got Megson in charge
If we're saved from relegation then I couldn't give a crap at the moment.
we haven't won by more than 1 goal in the league all season anyway.
We've also got the worst discipline in the league.
We had 4 people apply for the job I think - Dave Jones, Micky Adams, David Pleat and Gary Megson. Jones wouldn't have been bad but Megson should sort us out.

Oh and Stew - Our average attendance isn't much below yours and still tops 23000.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:45   #7
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Lokken will be happy!

I'm happy with getting Bournemouth, I'm confident that we can beat them, just as I'm equally confident that we shall overcome Burnley.
draw at stain fairies and bring judas to fratton park earlier than expected, with a win for the blues please.

We'll probably lose, to be honest in another of these shite sunday midday kickoffs where the football and atmosphere are toss.

Bit of a shit draw all round, really.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 15:54   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would have been happy to see us lose on Saturday rather than waste a few games having a cup run to the 5th round before being knocked out by some other Premiership team, but never mind. A home draw against a lower league side if we beat Cardiff at home, cant complain.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 16:19   #9
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
You support Wolves? I shall enjoy my boys whipping you and taming you like the little dogs you actually are
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 16:49   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Lokken will be happy!

VERY happy.

I certianly am.

See siggie
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 17:00   #11
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Man Utd v Exeter v Middlesbrough
TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 17:06   #12
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
So you won't be coming to Highbury then? I'm going to the game and I was looking forward to seeing your sad face after the llama ass-whipping match.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 17:08   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
So you won't be coming to Highbury then? I'm going to the game and I was looking forward to seeing your sad face after the llama ass-whipping match.
I might be going - depends on whether I can go or not heh
----------retired-------
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 17:29   #14
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
I might be going - depends on whether I can go or not heh
I'm taking the day off (depending whether Arsenal are playing on Saturday or Sunday). £33 for front row at the Clock End. My favourite cheapest seats.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 17:40   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Happy with that, if we can get a result against Blackburn we should cruise into the 5th round. Then I thought that when we put Leeds and we got turned over by Tranmere
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 17:52   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
VERY happy.

I certianly am.

See siggie
I'll settle for relegating em at Fratton

Beating em in the cup would be first nail in the coffin though.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:23   #17
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm taking the day off (depending whether Arsenal are playing on Saturday or Sunday). £33 for front row at the Clock End. My favourite cheapest seats.
£33 is a rip off imo, bad people pay that for a footy ticket, you can get tickets at the villa for a tenner in some parts, granted you watch good football, but you got no atmosphere at highbury the library, i went there when the villa pld ya at highbury we outsung you all the way, not even sure if u sung

"Shall we sing a song for you?"
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:25   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How many games have you been to where the away fans havent outsung the home fans?

Highbury is particularly quiet in my experience though.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:27   #19
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
How many games have you been to where the away fans havent outsung the home fans?

a fair few, but certain fans dont sing, notably arsenal, tottenham (when i went to see em) chelsea when they visited us, typical southerners....
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:45   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

I didn't think Highbury was too bad when I went (this was 3 or 4 seasons ago though) and it was a boring 0-0 match.
It's 10x the atmosphere Old "United, United" Trafford has.

Edit: yeah, WHL is pretty shit as well.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:48   #21
JC
lolly roffle

Old Trafford erupts when they score though.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:50   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Only 'cos of shear numbers though and the lack of away seating they give out of those numbers. Didn't erupt that loudly when I went anyway, they knew they were gonna lose
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:52   #23
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
but so do most places, only part of old trafford is the stretford end which sings, imo if ure fans are singing ure teams winning, you see a notable difference in play when villa fans start singing and slagging off the opposing team, ref and fans
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 18:53   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Also - how moody are the Man Utd fans.
They're ok when winning by a lot, but if they're only winning 1-0 and playing shit, or even heaven forbid, losing, they really turn on the team and players.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 20:34   #25
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

Depends where you go, I can think of a hell of a lot of grounds which are noisey and intimidating, even some of the bigger places, White Heart Lane was buzzing when we played them in the league cup a few years back. Granted top Premiership clubs are going to be quiet due to the vast numbers of about business men at games. Blackburn certainly didn’t out sing us on Saturday we didn’t hear a peep off them all game, they seemed bewildered by it all

Also if you had to go for who's better out of Man United fans and Arsenal fans, I'd go United everytime, despite the sterotypical image of the gimp who owns 214091 replica kits United do have a very vocal and nasty hardcore fan base, whereas Arsenal are Highbury from what I'm told by my house mate who goes quite a bit is like a morgue week in week out, he texted me at half time on Sunday saying “Stoke don’t know the rules of Highbury, no singing, bloody thugs”.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 20:39   #26
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

TBH, and i know i may be a little on the side of Pompey, as im there with em, but we alwys outsing ppl.

Pompey are the only fans EVER to outsing the old kop, and we are the only fans i know of that get louder when the oppistion score, and sing nm what (we ahve had some shit hands dealt and get used to singing when losing )
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 20:49   #27
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Blackburn certainly didn’t out sing us on Saturday we didn’t hear a peep off them all game, they seemed bewildered by it all
How many went down? Its a bit far just for a cup game so i wouldnt expect too many.

Man U are always the most vocal at Ewood, but the fact we give them 8000 tickets probably helps. Sheff Wednesday fans always used to be good min 90s when they were in the Prem. Tbh though the best fans are the ones that go and watch Telford, Woking, Leigh RMI etc week in week out.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 21:06   #28
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Tbh though the best fans are the ones that go and watch Telford, Woking, Leigh RMI etc week in week out.
That could be sen as a littloe short sighterd. what of the fans who watch the likes of portsmouth, grimsby etc lose week in, and week out, and still go (yes pompey are decent now, but for last few years its been dire).

The best fans are those who supprort, and sing for there team, nm what, whether winning or losing, sunny or rain, and u find those fans in every club in the country.

I do however, agree with ur sheff weds comment. They sang to the very end every time they visit fratton park, and no other team who visits us can say that.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 21:15   #29
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
That could be sen as a littloe short sighterd. what of the fans who watch the likes of portsmouth, grimsby etc lose week in, and week out, and still go (yes pompey are decent now, but for last few years its been dire).
Well yeah that was my point. I respect those fans that support their club when things are going badly and by badly i mean dropping down divisions not just losing a game or 2 which has a few UTD fans considering their loyalty. Those down in the conference and lower though deserve a bit of added respect because even in their wildest dreams they know they'll probably never see anything above old division 3 football. Anyway, as long as you support your home town team its all good .
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 21:47   #30
Stew
Made of Twigs

The fans who travel to league 2 games the other end of the country on a Tuesday evening are pretty good fans in my book.

That's strange about Sheff Wed, they're the only fans who I consider to be worse than Man Utd (home fans I'm on about). They didn't make a noise until into the 2nd half when I went to Hillsborough.

For me, Sunderland fans are the best.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 21:59   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
For me, Sunderland fans are the best.
We have great away fans, who I'm honoured to count myself among when I can afford it. At the SoL, too much mediocre football has quietened all except the south west corner.

Having said that, the roker roar has been resurrected on a few occasions in the last two seasons, so all hope is not lost. I think this season has been ****ed by the cup run last season; that was devastating to everyone.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 22:35   #32
Stew
Made of Twigs

It's a bit like that with Derby - the BBG had much better atmosphere than Pride Park, which only usually has atmosphere and noise in the corner nearest to the away fans.
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 22:40   #33
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

FC Twente has the loudest fans of the nation. we're voted as 'supporters of the year' last season (made for example the biggest banner ever shown in footballhistory at the cupfinal in may).
this season we play extremely crap, but people are still singing 90 minutes, in both home and away matches.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2005, 22:45   #34
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
@ck - that's way over-quoted - I got a £24.50 quote
----------retired-------
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 02:03   #35
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
How many went down? Its a bit far just for a cup game so i wouldnt expect too many.

Man U are always the most vocal at Ewood, but the fact we give them 8000 tickets probably helps. Sheff Wednesday fans always used to be good min 90s when they were in the Prem. Tbh though the best fans are the ones that go and watch Telford, Woking, Leigh RMI etc week in week out.
A decent amount 1100-1300 maybe, hopefully we'll take about 2500 back to yours, it's bit of a mission for us, 5 hour trip on a Wednesday night which means days off work, luckily we haven't been to yours in a long while so it should draw a lot out. Incidentally I think Blackburn have came with more than anyone else this season other than Wolves on Boxing day who brought 1700, so it wasn't a bad turn out just quiet, I imagine Ipswich will bring the most this year though, if they bring the full 2000 they’ll be the only team to bring to us than we took to them.

Last edited by Hicks; 11 Jan 2005 at 02:13.
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 23:19   #36
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
@ck - that's way over-quoted - I got a £24.50 quote
£24.50? Clock End? Naff off.
Unread 11 Jan 2005, 23:27   #37
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Lokken will be happy!

Never underestimate the Cherries!

Playing some good stuff this year.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2005, 01:58   #38
pig
1up on you

Quote:
TBH, and i know i may be a little on the side of Pompey, as im there with em, but we alwys outsing ppl.

Pompey are the only fans EVER to outsing the old kop, and we are the only fans i know of that get louder when the oppistion score, and sing nm what (we ahve had some shit hands dealt and get used to singing when losing )
Fratton Park is one of the most intimidating grounds ive ever been too, but i think this is due to its size what 20k? Compared to villas 45k (our holte end is close to 20k :P) but no pompey fans are loud and vocal but being a small ground certainly helps, one my more fav grounds tbh.
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 22:13   #39
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quite pleased with the everton draw, love going to goodison, wooden seats, metal posts excluded... cost £29 for the ticket tho which is quite alot for a student. Sunderland have the best away support in the country... Jakiri is right tho its totally flat at home atm... watching sunderland at home isnt exciting anymore. Aside from sunderland, best away fans i've seen are carlisle

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2005, 22:41   #40
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
I just found out that all of the Clock End seats are allocated to Wolves fans.