User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:03   #1
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

Hells_Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats a good cure for bordom at work?

Im really bored at work plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hells_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:04   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Whats a good cure for bordom at work?

fhm.com (games section)
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:07   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

www.gamedev.net
www.flipcode.com
www.gamasutra.com

euh...

www.planetarion.com ?
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:11   #4
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

well free games are gd :P
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:26   #5
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

I always find that actually doing some work helps.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:29   #6
Hells_Angel
Lost on Mars

Ah but the problem is i have no work to do
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 14:39   #7
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

eat chocolate and post randomly on strange forums

its what i do
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 15:01   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

we noticed :P
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 15:13   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A shotgun.

100'S OF POSTMEN CANT BE WRONG!

[/true story]
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:08   #10
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Angel
Im really bored at work plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Count sheep
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:23   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When we're bored at work we challenge each other. Making lists fastest, or making the biggest, is fun. Ish.

The hardest lists I've done so far is:

Name a film for each letter of the alphabet (A = Armageddon, etc)
-But the film has to be one word
-The word cannot be split into 2 (ie: Braveheart isn't allowed, neither is Swordfish, nor Hellboy)
-No hyphens
-You can't have "The xxxx" or whatever. It has to be one word.

That one was pretty hard. I never got a Y.

We also challenged each other to name the most films an actor has done, in 30 mins or something. Like "Name all the Arnie films you can think of in 30 minutes". Or "Name all films with an animal as a main character"

The film theme is mainly because I work at the cinema.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:27   #12
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

That seems really hard!! I couldbnt get B!!

and that was my sig.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:32   #13
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Benji

edit
and Blade!
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:34   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Masturbation. Seriously. Just go off to the toilets now, no-one will miss you.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:41   #15
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Depnds how often you "disappear" for, and how long for...

I know someone who got fired for going for a "Fap" break too often. He never admitted to it, but it was kinda obvious...
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:57   #16
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Depnds how often you "disappear" for, and how long for...

I know someone who got fired for going for a "Fap" break too often. He never admitted to it, but it was kinda obvious...
Stains on his shirt?
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 17:49   #17
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
Benji

edit
and Blade!
Or Beethoven!
I had something different, but I can't remember what it was.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 18:22   #18
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
When we're bored at work we challenge each other. Making lists fastest, or making the biggest, is fun. Ish.

The hardest lists I've done so far is:

Name a film for each letter of the alphabet (A = Armageddon, etc)
-But the film has to be one word
-The word cannot be split into 2 (ie: Braveheart isn't allowed, neither is Swordfish, nor Hellboy)
-No hyphens
-You can't have "The xxxx" or whatever. It has to be one word.

That one was pretty hard. I never got a Y.
according to IMDB there are 3 films that have been called "y"

http://www.imdb.com/find?tt=on;nm=on;mx=20;q=y
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 20:33   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why not Yojimbo?

Anyway, try writing a novel, programming a computer game, reorganising your finances, phoning up random numbers in the Yellow Pages, reading random Wikipedia articles. They're all stuff I do to kill time.

Or go for walks. Just say "I'm going to see Bob in IT" and then wander the building for a while.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 20:36   #20
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

I sit around dreaming almost all day long.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 21:32   #21
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
according to IMDB there are 3 films that have been called "y"

http://www.imdb.com/find?tt=on;nm=on;mx=20;q=y

Well yeah... but the idea is that you don't use the internet to help you. Otherwise it's a crumby game to play to waste time, isn't it? :P
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 23:05   #22
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a shocking suggestion, go to your supervisor/boss, inform him that you have a lack of work to do, If they can provide no more work, think back to all your previous workloads you complete over the week.

Do you frequently find yourself with many hours to idle away thanks to the workload you are being employed to ahndle having too many man-hours oversubscribed to it? If so then suggest that the boss reviews the amount of hours the position offers. If that doesn't appeal to you however, suck it up as you are fleecing the corporation and in no way should that be condoneable.

If no however I suggest you build up a rather good work relationship with your superiors so you can use available time like this to do what many other forward thinking people in the office industry engage in, that is accquiring a membership to a local gym at which they spend their free hours improving their fitness and their health, A healthy employee is a hard working employee and more over less likely to take sick leave.

You all win, you get paid for keeping yourself on call but at the same time perhaps losing some of that baby fat you still seem to sport(I'm sure it's a case of your parents spoiling you too long) perhaps take less sickies and perhaps offend less people superficially while getting wonderful endorphin boost that should improve your self esteem.

Serious if harsh suggestion.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 23:07   #23
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Endulge in your sexual fanta*sies.

*Like the Fanta advert says, everything's better with Fanta.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 23:09   #24
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
Masturbation. Seriously. Just go off to the toilets now, no-one will miss you.
Seconded. Take a webcam as well.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 00:14   #25
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i found a packet of rolling papers on the floor of the shop yesterday. i then proceeded to stick them all together in a big square. that killed some time
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 02:47   #26
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

What an enlightening thread.

and that was my sig.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 08:33   #27
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

Or go for walks. Just say "I'm going to see Bob in IT" and then wander the building for a while.

Its important that you carry at least one piece of paper to scare off other people. People with paper have the look of work about them and thus you can walk past management without any fear of get snaffled for real work.

To combat boredom i have a few techniques.

1. This is scary because its true, go into the jacks and make a manical grin infront of the mirror. Hold this grin for 1 min. You will get alittle rush cos ur body thinks your happy.
2. Send dirty mails to random chicks faking from the boss's email. Wait for the fun to begin
3. fhm.com top100 games
4. Those spreadsheet quizes ya get in the emails
5. Go to another department and pretend to delegate work (another building or two floors up is best)
6. Smoke copious amounts of cannabis
7. Have races with the wheelie chairs
8. Sex in the disabled jacks (more roomy and private)
9. Make fake calls to security about different problems
10. Search floors for pcs unattended and reek havoc via their email
11. Rob ppls mouses and leave em all in the jacks
12. Swap the M and N on ppls keyboards (kinfie from canteen is perfect for this)
13. www.theonion.com
14. Eh here
15. other forums
16. figure ways on how to get around security on the networks, abuse for a while and then tell IS to get browning points/blackmail options (this very handy my pc is only one on the whole floor that hasn't its usb ports disabled)
17. Play all the pingu games

Oki bored of typing

tsm
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 10:28   #28
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
kinfie
wtf
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 11:52   #29
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

knife

and that was my sig.
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 13:39   #30
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

think she must have found something to do
hasnt been back today

think it was anything suggested here?
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 14:19   #31
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
think she must have found something to do
hasnt been back today

think it was anything suggested here?
Why don't you try them and see?
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote