User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Sep 2004, 00:57   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
A film review of...

Collateral.

Went to see this film with a friend. This film, as some of us know, is directed by Michael Mann (who did Ali and Heat). The films starts well, you know, things somewhat cool and nice. The cab driver gets to meet this hot chick in his cab who he drops off in some building and there he picks up Tom Cruise. Cruise forces the black cab driver to do the driving for him (driver shitting himself throughout). Cruise goes about assasinating particular people until the driver realises that Cruise is also after the hot chick (to kill). Like most Hollywood films, the driver rebels and has a showdown with Cruise.

The use of the camera was fantastic. It seemed like a documentary kind of thing with the camera hopping up and down with every walk, bump, and everything. It was like someone was filming their night. Sounds were really good with gunshots sounding much louder than a usual film.

Personally I give it 3 of 5. Why? It got shit and predictable right at the end. 3/4 of the film was so good it seemed smart for a film. The way it was going on to end the film was just plain shit and I'm disappointed that it's coming from Michael Mann. This film is for those who just 'want' to watch a movie if he/she has seen everything/don't like what's on offer. Or you could wait until it comes out on Video/DVD. Or even dowload it if you can't wait that long.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.

Last edited by Blastoderm; 25 Sep 2004 at 01:20.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 03:13   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A film review of...

Yeah it was pretty good. There's a nice twist in there but the ending is just so cliched it's appalling.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 04:52   #3
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

You might want to use SPOILER tags when you point out that the driver realises tom cruise is after the hot chick at the START of the movie when it get's towards the END of the movie.

Might that is.... unless you are a total fagmuffin*.

*fagmuffins are the lovechildren of Harry Knowles
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 09:42   #4
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

I totally agree with that review, it's a great film until the last 20 minutes or so, whereupon it just goes shit.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 16:06   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hmmm Flav beat me to it.

I was gonna say:

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WORD "REVIEW" AND THE WORD "SUMMARY" YOU DOSS ****ED DICKWAD

Then i saw Flav had kinda made that point.

Then i thought "what the hell ... +1 post count here i come"
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 16:07   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it was the "c word" btw
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 16:52   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I loved it, apart from the ending. I picked up after the 2nd killing who the final one was going to be, and it was predictable from then on in.

I thought Tom Cruise was fan-****ing-tastic, and made for an outstandingly believable heartless killer.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 16:59   #8
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I felt the same way as everyone else, it would seem. I was enjoying it a lot and was hoping that Tom Cruise would 'win', but I eventually realised that it wasn't going to do anything at all interesting and was in fact really just going for a pitifully boring, cliched ending.

I agree on Tom Cruise as a heartless killing machine btw, much better than when he tries to show a sensitive side.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 17:15   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought Tom Cruise played his part very well - both as a baddy and with the nice Richard Gere grey hair effect.

The film was pretty good too - but yeah, the ending was kind of predictable. How else would it have ended though?

I was quite surprised when the cop got killed so easily - I expected some kind of big gun fight between him and Tom Cruise...
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 17:40   #10
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

I guess I wont bother seeing the film now, thanks ****wad.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 18:22   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_spammer
I guess I wont bother seeing the film now, thanks ****wad.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 18:42   #12
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
The film was pretty good too - but yeah, the ending was kind of predictable. How else would it have ended though?

I was quite surprised when the cop got killed so easily - I expected some kind of big gun fight between him and Tom Cruise...
That's the thing - the way that cop was killed got my hopes up that the ending might be similarly novel. I would have liked Cruise to kill them both.

Last edited by Nondescript Human; 25 Sep 2004 at 18:48.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 21:30   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: A film review of... [Spoilers]

**** you lot. Just because I forgot to put the [spoilers] tag.
Unread 25 Sep 2004, 22:08   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
**** you lot. Just because I forgot to put the [spoilers] tag. :mad:

YEAH YOU ****S IT WAS ONLY A SMALL OVERSIGHT!
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 00:07   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: A film review of... [Spoilers]

I put the [spoilers] thing in when I checked this thread and noticed how upset everyone was becoming.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 01:57   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Let us undertake a crusade, and drag Blastoderm from his house to the nearest tree with a high branch, Dace!
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 02:03   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Manson says: "Let us undertake a great project: The Hanging Blastoderm."
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 11:52   #18
Blastoderm
________

How bleeing brilliant
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 11:57   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Well, like I've always said, if you mis-title a thread, be prepared to face a restless lynch mob as a consequence.
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 12:07   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh no, a cinematic masterpiece has been ruined for us all.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 12:11   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Posting obvious spoilers without warning is simply not done.

Cue Homer moment walking out of cinema: "Oh my god, I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!"
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 12:14   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Most of the "spoilers" in this case are in the trailer of the movie, however.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 12:36   #23
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Cue Homer moment walking out of cinema: "Oh my god, I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!"
[Spoiler] plz
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 13:21   #24
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you believe in Karma, then Blastoderm will screw that 14 year old and end up in prison for corrupting minors. That'll learn the varmint for not informing us of spoilers.
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 13:25   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
If you believe in Karma,
I believe in justice.

I believe in vengeance.

I believe in getting the bastard.
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 13:36   #26
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I believe in justice.

I believe in vengeance.

I believe in getting the bastard.
With a slogan like that, you could be a Thundercat!
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 13:49   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
With a slogan like that, you could be a Thundercat!
It's taken from a song, actually.

Anyway, let's be done with all this chattering, and chop off the fellow's head. That's what we're all here for, is it not?
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 14:28   #28
Tomkat

Quote:
It's taken from a song, actually.

Anyway, let's be done with all this chattering, and chop off the fellow's head. That's what we're all here for, is it not?

Yes, chop chop!

(oh ho ho ho)
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 22:56   #29
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
If you believe in Karma, then Blastoderm will screw that 14 year old and end up in prison for corrupting minors. That'll learn the varmint for not informing us of spoilers.
Yeah, karma

Might as well chop my dick off.

Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:04   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Might as well chop my dick off.
That's our job.
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:07   #31
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
That's our job.
I hope you won't be using it as an aphrodisiac.
Unread 26 Sep 2004, 23:19   #32
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

He will.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 18:58   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah it was pretty good. There's a nice twist in there but the ending is just so cliched it's appalling.
It felt like an LA Road Movie to me. Cruise is a decent enough badguy, but there were no twists and turns in the plot that i didnt see coming. The female lead at the start got nearly 5 minutes of Dialogue, which means by hollywood standards that shes bound to feature later in the movie, and as he has 5 targets to kill , shes going to be one of them.

Cruise isnt bad as a sociopath, but the interaction between him and fox is a little laboured, and youd expect Foxx to discover things about himself during the film, but he just babbles on like a frightened schoolkid. Hes not smart, he cant outthink Cruise, hes not physically anything special and over the course of the film, he doesnt change into any kind of heroic type figure. The fact he gets a gun and works out how to use it isnt all that heroic. He starts as an ordinary guy and finishes as an ordinary guy whos a bit traumatised.

The camerawork is excellent, Cruise IS a decent bad guy lead, but Foxx finds out hes a killer far far far too soon. And we know nothing about any of the targets other than the last one, nor even that much of Felix, whos completely underplayed and not the most convincing of Latino druglord killer types.

And the ending SCREAMED cliche. Not that it was an unexpected ending to a Mann film (they tend to have low key, walk into the sunset type endings) but cmon, something , anything that had a bit of finality to it would have been nice.

6/10. Not Mann's worst movie, but definetely not his best. Saving grace is Cruise , almost putting it six feet under is the woeful Jamie Foxx. I wonder what Denzel could have done with this role.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 23:05   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A film review of Collateral, with LOTS OF SPOILERS!

I meant the cop getting shot by cruise as the twist. If you saw that coming you're some form of genius.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 23:09   #35
Blastoderm
________

I thought Jamie Foxx did ok tbh.
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 23:50   #36
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I meant the cop getting shot by cruise as the twist. If you saw that coming you're some form of genius.
The cop getting shot by Cruise? Thats not a twist, its a Michael Mann movie. Therefore the final showdown had to be between Foxx and Cruise, hence the cop was a bit part player, destined to die or be fatally wounded before the end of the movie.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2004, 23:58   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

I don't watch movies based on who directs them but okay. Even still he dies fairly quickly without any sort of preamble at all which considering he's the fourth biggest character in the movie is fairly strange.
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 00:37   #38
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i saw this film two months ago

your all sad losers.

haha
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 01:12   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i saw this film two months ago

your all sad losers.

haha
You wouldn't say that if you saw what I did to your mother last night.
Unread 28 Sep 2004, 08:26   #40
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You wouldn't say that if you saw what I did to your mother last night.
Damn there goes all my effort I've went to pritt sticking newspaper cut letters to this note that says "I know what you did to JJ's Mother that night".
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 02:35   #41
Dace
so f*cking zen

I went and watched it last night.

I thought it was "ok" (ie i didnt regret watching it).

However the ending pissed me off.

All through the film Cruise has very accurate grouping patterns.

At the end of the film we are expected to believe that he isnt able to shoot a guy 5 feet away cause the lighting is off.

I mean he's seen him he knows he's right in front of him WHY CANT HE SHOOT HIM?

It was a very "WHAT - IN - THE - ****?!" moment for me.

I liked the Nightclub scene (where Vincent takes out the Chink).

However two points were raised about that (first one by me second one by my friend)

1.) How do they get into the club with guns? (remember the security at the previous club)

2.) How does Cruise get out first?

So thats 3 things that instantly spring to mind that dont seem logical but for a Hollywood movie i guess that's pretty good going *shrug*
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 22:04   #42
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I mean he's seen him he knows he's right in front of him WHY CANT HE SHOOT HIM?

It was a very "WHAT - IN - THE - ****?!" moment for me.
Mine was the fact that he turned out the lights at all. Is it just me or was that completely stupid and pointless thing to do?
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 22:09   #43
Dace
so f*cking zen

He didnt turn out the lights (i dont think) it was the electrical type thing of the train that was ****ed (or something).
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 22:12   #44
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

In the building before the train though.
Unread 29 Sep 2004, 22:19   #45
Dace
so f*cking zen

Ahhhh i getcha.

I *think* he turned them off (and this is just logical thinking talking so it might be wrong) so that the lifts didnt work (ie no power no lifts).

Then he could walk up the stairs and make sure she didnt pass him.

However i think they escaped on a lift so that's that theory blow to ****.