User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 00:40   #1
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about
the best thing since sliced bread

opera 7.60 p1 (now with added gmail goodness)

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:08   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the best thing since sliced bread

ta, I'm now using it

as you say, seems to work ok with Gmail, so now I only need IE for windows update

scrollbars seem really bright when they have focus

and Leshy, why hast thou forsaken us?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:12   #3
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

yea i though leshy gets phone calls from opera telling him when a new version is out, so he can tell everyone on the PLANET about it

DM.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:20   #4
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

I just use IE.....its easiest
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:22   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
I just use IE.....its easiest
/me waits for tellings off

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:23   #6
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

/me wonders about the bread

and that was my sig.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:32   #7
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
/me waits for tellings off
Current browser enlightenment / zealot policy is not to attempt conversion.

We simply shake our heads with an air of smugness and feigned pity and leave you to struggle in ignorance knowing one day the worthy will see the light and join us. The fate of those who do not is irrelevant.

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:57   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

You know what's funny is that advertisers have only started jumping through hops to get through ad blockers now that MICROSOFT have released an ad blocking in Win XP SP2

Your other browsers are just too small-time face it kids.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 01:58   #9
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Am I the only one that didnt understand that above post?

and that was my sig.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 09:32   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i doubt its any better than firefox.
who needs email in a browser anyway? it just doesnt belong there. thats just like microsoft, they also add more and more stuff to the OS that dont belong there.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 09:59   #11
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

yay
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:06   #12
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

inline error messages ..... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! solves the problem i was having yesterday leshy i most happy
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:25   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i'm in shock. an opera post thats been here for 9-10 hours thusfar and no leshy post.
Leshy - are you feeling ok?
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:28   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Outrageous.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:55   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
and Leshy, why hast thou forsaken us?
It's a preview version which features some regressions from Opera 7.54, especially in the sense of CSS styling. Besides, I was too busy talking to Opera to do anything else than comment upon it in #forums

And I haven't replied yet because this topic has a title which - while completely true - does not in any way bear any relationship to it's content and as such it didn't grab my interest previously.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:57   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Your other browsers are just too small-time face it kids.
Why on Earth would this matter?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:12   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
It has some pro's against Firefox, such as the fact it lets you get started right away, without having to find and install dozens of plugins - a lot of popular ones just copy Opera features (and usually poorly), it doesn't require you reboot for changes such as skins, it features more options than Firefox, which afaik still doesn't have the option to actually replace stylesheets or have a Notes system with all Opera goodness, et cetera.

Firefox has the advantage of being free, and sometimes compatible with pages that Opera isn't, due to webdesigners using highly outdated "If browser = MSIE do this, If browser = Netscape do that, ELSE do nothing" scripts, where Firefox has the advantage of essentially running on the old Netscape core. On the other hand, I've encountered pages that didn't work in Firefox and did in Opera, so it's a mixed bag.
Quote:
who needs email in a browser anyway?
Opera isn't a browser, it's an Internet Suite offering a browser, e-mail client, newsgroup and RSS reader and chat client.

Apparently many users like having their email and browser in one central place than as several standalone applications, although I personally don't either. Having said that, Opera's mail client is supposed to be pretty good. At any rate, the installation lets you choose whether you want to use Opera as a full Internet Suite, or just as a browser.

The main difference between Microsoft features and Opera's, is that the first has a lot of useless stuff that takes up disk space and system resources, whereas Opera's mail client is basically a small .dll file which, if unused, doesn't actually use any additional resources.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:12   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
who needs email in a browser anyway? it just doesnt belong there. thats just like microsoft, they also add more and more stuff to the OS that dont belong there.
Quote:
One of the first things you will notice when you start Opera is the ability to select whether to use Opera as an Internet suite or as a browser only. The latter option disables Opera Mail, which can be enabled again via Preferences > Programs and paths. The first-time setup dialog also allows you to easily disable the personal bar and panel selector to increase your page viewing area.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:09   #19
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
It has some pro's against Firefox, such as the fact it lets you get started right away, without having to find and install dozens of plugins
That's blatantly not true. You do not have to install a single plugin in order for Firefox to work "out of the box", as it were. It runs perfectly fine after the default install.

Quote:
- a lot of popular ones just copy Opera features (and usually poorly), it doesn't require you reboot for changes such as skins, it features more options than Firefox,
Copying opera features? Maybe. Less features than Opera? Hardly.

Quote:
which afaik still doesn't have the option to actually replace stylesheets or have a Notes system with all Opera goodness, et cetera.
http://texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html#content
And I believe there is a plugin available if you want Notes

At the end of the day, in it's default install, Firefox is a small, lightweight, fast browser. If you want a few more functions, then you can choose which ones to install yourself. I'd rather that, than have them thrown at me like Opera.

I'd argue more, but I have a christening to go to.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:24   #20
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
That's blatantly not true. You do not have to install a single plugin in order for Firefox to work "out of the box", as it were. It runs perfectly fine after the default install.
My apologies. Firefox does function as a very basic browser out of the box, however it contains pretty much no features beyond blocking popups and having the option to open tabs instead of windows - there's not even a way to set this as automatic behaviour.

Considering the amount of extensions that are created and their respective download statistics, it appears a vast amount of users does want the added functionality, which means they still have to find and download a plethora of plugins.
Quote:
Copying opera features? Maybe. Less features than Opera? Hardly.
Firefox is still not able to actually replace stylesheets, display only cached images, block the download of images through CSS*, keep a notes system with automatic URL reference to their source, read webpages and accept voice commands , zoom entire webpages, et cetera.

Of course, you can find and download 50 plugins so that you have a bulky and overloaded browser, in which case you could claim that Firefox has more features than Opera, regardless of the fact you'll never use half of them and just need them to beef up numbers.
Quote:
http://texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html#content
And I believe there is a plugin available if you want Notes
That adds custom user styles, it does not replace stylesheets. And I've seen the Notes plugin; it doesn't do near what Opera's Notes system does.

At the end of the day, as it's default install, Opera is a smaller, more lightweight and equally fast if not faster browser. If you want extra functions, they are accessible to you at the touch of a key, or the click of a mouse without the need for any downloads or configuration. Opera never throws any features at you, the most intrusive question you'll ever get asked is whether you'd like to use mouse gestures or not when you make one for the first time.

* Unless I'm mistaken, images blocked through CSS are still downloaded by Mozilla/Firefox, saving you no bandwidth whatsoever.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:32   #21
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Well Leshy made an apperance in the end

and that was my sig.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 21:06   #22
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

the best thing since sliced bread is toast.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 21:55   #23
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

You know, I may be ignorant, but I use IE aswell. I have no doubt Opera is superior in 80000001 ways, but for what I use it for, IE serves me fine.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:07   #24
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
You know, I may be ignorant, but I use IE aswell. I have no doubt Opera is superior in 80000001 ways, but for what I use it for, IE serves me fine.
yes but ur a retard

DM.
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:12   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
yes but ur a retard
This was a shit post. It was deleted because it was written by someone with no comedic ability whatsoever, who was boring the shit out of the community. This message will be repeated whenever this individual posts something shit from now on.

Last edited by Kurashima; 29 Aug 2004 at 23:48.
Deepflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:12   #26
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

This was a shit post. It was deleted because it was written by someone with no comedic ability whatsoever, who was boring the shit out of the community. This message will be repeated whenever this individual posts something shit from now on.

Last edited by Kurashima; 29 Aug 2004 at 23:48.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:39   #27
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
I have no doubt Opera is superior in 80000001 ways, but for what I use it for, IE serves me fine.
As long as you don't mind the fact your browser is currently affected by 17 publically known and unpatched security issues, out of which 5 rate at least Highly Critical, then yeah, it serves you fine. Ignorance is bliss anyway

And to compare:
Firefox is vulnerable to 3 security issues, 2 out of which rate Moderately Critical.
Opera is currently not affected by any known exploits.
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 00:56   #28
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

gmail still doesn`t work perfectly for me, i can login etc. But when i actually click on 'links*' in the 'site-thingy*' it just doesn`t do anything, so i right clicked and clicked on 'go to url' etc which gave the following message:
Quote:
The address is not available from this machine
The page is currently not available for Opera to display. Please check the following:
Are your proxy settings correct? Is a proxy required to connect to the Internet? Have you tried disabling proxies? Check that the hostname, IP address and port number is correct.
Try enabling Synchronous DNS if it is disabled and disable it if it is enabled, in Opera's Network preferences.
Are you using Internet security software, such as ZoneAlarm or Norton Internet Security? Is this software properly configured? What happens if you disable this software?
Are you behind a firewall on your LAN?
Does other software work? Other browsers? E-mail clients? If not, this is not an Opera related problem.

If you are on a dialup connection, check the dialup properties for your connection and under Server types, make sure it is set to log on to the network.
which doesn`t really make sense, as everything else works properly, and gmail also works fine with firefox, and i`ve also tried the synchronous DNS - doesn`t do a thing :/

help is appreciated etc.

*forgive the lack of technical terms
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 01:05   #29
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Opera isn't a browser, it's an Internet Suite offering a browser, e-mail client, newsgroup and RSS reader and chat client.
Ala Mozilla.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 01:18   #30
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
gmail still doesn`t work perfectly for me, i can login etc. But when i actually click on 'links*' in the 'site-thingy*' it just doesn`t do anything, so i right clicked and clicked on 'go to url' etc ...
Is the "identify as..." (tools/quick preferences) set to Opera and not one of the others?
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 01:24   #31
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
We simply shake our heads with an air of smugness and feigned pity
Your pity is feigned?

Quote:
Stuff about Firefox and Opera.
Hey Leshy, have you tried the web developer's toolbar extension for FF yet?
Best. Thing. Ever.
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 01:43   #32
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
Your pity is feigned?
A poor choice of words that on closer inspection don't make sense. I regret using them.
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 05:59   #33
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Ala Mozilla.
Pretty much. Although whereas Mozilla is big and clunky, Opera is neat and tight and smaller than Firefox - without the voice library, which will be optional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
Hey Leshy, have you tried the web developer's toolbar extension for FF yet?
Best. Thing. Ever.
I have it, but I've never really used it. I do regularly use Opera's Web Developer Toolbar (Available at http://nontroppo.org/wiki/Opera7/, site is currently down but should be back up in a few days).
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 08:07   #34
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Is the "identify as..." (tools/quick preferences) set to Opera and not one of the others?
Heh, that was the prob, cheers.

[edit - just had to close opera because of some error, etc. re-started it, changed the identification to opera again, but gmail stopped working again, and i`ve got the same prob as before :/]
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 08:41   #35
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Fk Microsoft... their MSDN barely works in opera.
Here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...eekmessage.asp

If I identify as opera, I don't even get a left-hand menu frame.
If I identify as MSIE6, I get the frame, but the menu doesn't work.
And in IExplore6 it work fine.

It makes me sad

[edit]
If I identify as Mozilla5 it works in Opera too. Shit javascript shit.
[/edit]
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 13:41   #36
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

On the bright side, the new http://www.microsoft.com is much better!