User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jul 2004, 13:44   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Website Advertising Fees?

We've recent had an email from a new website asking us:

Quote:
I am now in the process of collating information for our internet marketing campaign. We would like to place a small (120px x 60px) or medium (120px x 120px) animated gifs on as many of the leading related websites in the UK and would initially like them to run for a two month period from 1st August to 30th September.

Please can you advise me of the costs involved for placing either of the animated gifs onto your site and also some information detailing the number of visitors/hits your site attracts each month.
Now i have no idea what kind of figures i should be suggesting.

According to our webserver traffic analyser we had 12.3 million hits for May
and 11.5 million for June. It follows that on average we have 400,000 hits
per day. This is comprised of approximately 10,000 unique visitors per day.

Anyone 'in the business' or with experience able to suggest a price?

Btw, the site has basically stolen GD's prediction league, charge to predict and are offering lots of money for the correct predictors.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 13:47   #2
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Website Advertising Fees?

you got some linkage to your site?
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 13:49   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

It's a secret

I think some people know where it is but i don't really want GD spamming it. This is more just a general enquiry anyway about how much people charge for their ad space.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 13:58   #4
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

no url no advice chummy
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 14:00   #5
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
no url no advice chummy
lol

You can have the URL to the site who wants to be advertised by us

www.crossinthebox.com
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 15:08   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rag is a thieving scouser.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 15:29   #7
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

1-X should get commission or something.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 15:47   #8
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
1-X should get commission or something.
To be fair i think they're basically just doing a rip off of littlewoods pools.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 15:53   #9
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my prediction league was based on earlier web sites' prediction leagues anyway...

they were all going out of business because they had to pay for a licence to use the fixture list and that was v.expensive iirc
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 15:55   #10
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
my prediction league was based on earlier web sites' prediction leagues anyway...

they were all going out of business because they had to pay for the rights to use the fixture list and that was v.expensive iirc
Yep, apparently this guy's paid the FA for a license and got all the gambling licenses sorted too. Plus he's guaranteeing £1000 prizes.

It looks like he might have a good thing going.

Now just to see how much of that £££ he's prepared to send my way
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 17:12   #11
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bet he's out of business by Christmas.

Plus I kno the said url

Edit: I thought you already had advertising on your site??
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 17:16   #12
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

what sort of site do you run that get's 10k unique hit's a day for gods sake?
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 17:20   #13
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
what sort of site do you run that get's 10k unique hit's a day for gods sake?
A football news one. Though it's linked to newsnow.co.uk and other sites that bring in most of the unique traffic. Then there's about 2200 regulars.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 17:36   #14
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Do you make good money off it?
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 17:39   #15
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Do you make good money off it?
Not really. We use someone elses server so have no hosting costs, if we had there's no way we'd break even.

We make a little bit from google ads/fastclick but nothing major.
Unread 2 Jul 2004, 19:04   #16
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hands up whos glad theyve always liked ragnarak

yeah, other sites did this badass stuff first. I got bored and quit though.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote