User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:21   #101
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Re: THE England Vs. Portugal THREAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
Ye weren't the better team you got your cumuppins, take it on chin!

we were good enough to win and thats all that matters.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:22   #102
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Against France , you scored a first half goal and then tried to defend totally for the remaining moments

Against Portugal , you scored a first half goal and then tried to defend totally for the remaining moments.

Just
Dont
Learn
It worked for most of the france match and most of the portugal match.
If we had a better goalkeeper we would be immense.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:22   #103
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

****ing ref

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:23   #104
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Suffice it to say Terry didn't leave the goalkeeper any room to move, nor do I think he was actually going for the ball, as it was well behind him; even outside of the goalkeeper's area a body check is considered a foul.

As for the linesman - considering Terry was standing in between the goalkeeper and Campbell, he would have an equally hard time judging the situation.
English tv (dunno about you) showed a camera on terry from the moment the corner was taken. He had his eyes FIXED on the ball. the ball was above him when the goal was scored (why campbell climbed over him to head the ball)

the linesman would have had a better view than the ref who could see nothing but campbell.

edit: i mean free kick obviously.

Last edited by Zharkov; 24 Jun 2004 at 23:29.
Zharkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:24   #105
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
england deserved to win simply because they scored two good goals in normal time to Portugal's one.

It's a bit sad to see non-Portugese people gloating... objective people would realise this is another bad day for football caused by poor refereeing.
Bollocks.

I wanted England to win as I predicted 1-2, and would have loved to see a Netherlands - England semi-final. However, the goal being disallowed was a perfectly valid decision as the goalkeeper was completely obstructed from moving by Terry, which you know is always considered a foul.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:24   #106
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Against France , you scored a first half goal and then tried to defend totally for the remaining moments

Against Portugal , you scored a first half goal and then tried to defend totally for the remaining moments.

Just
Dont
Learn
Against Brazil in 2002 as well.

Personally I blame this "tactic" more for tonight's result than the ref's incompetence.

You can't do anything about a shit referee, you can do something about shit tactics.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:27   #107
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

The goalkeeper was still recovering from Owen's header when campell began to jump.
The keeper was on his back feet, and so when he attempted to jump, he didn't really succeed, and so couldn't get past terry, who didn't move an inch from the moment the first cross came in.
****ing awful decision from someone who couldn't see what was going on.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:28   #108
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Bollocks.

I wanted England to win as I predicted 1-2, and would have loved to see a Netherlands - England semi-final. However, the goal being disallowed was a perfectly valid decision as the goalkeeper was completely obstructed from moving by Terry, which you know is always considered a foul.
Leshy your talking bollocks, a player is ALLOWED to stand his ground, so shut up
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:29   #109
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Terry had his arm at the goalies shoulder. even touching the goalie is a foul.

and just to make sure i got this right:
you are saying that the ref shouldn't have disallowed the goal because he couldn't have possibly seen the foul which quite obviously was there from his position ?
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:30   #110
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
So? Portugal didn't exactly cover themselves with glory over 90 minutes. How many shots inside the 18 yard box did they have? We played well enough to win the game with that free kick.
I doubt that many. Seeing as I don't have any stats near me I can't respond with great accuracy. However it must be noted that England created 3 (count 'em, three) chances in the whole game. Towards the end of the game it was 26 shots to england's 10 (again no idea where these were taken from, what counts etc). The point is that when you have 8 defenders in the penalty area you're probably not going to get great time on the ball inside the box. Portugal, as most good teams do, had the quality to score from outside the area, (figo's shot in normal time comes to mind here). You didn't hold the ball up well, nobody beat anyone, distribution was terrible, i was amazed owen was still on the pitch when he stepped up to take that penalty, beckham has proved (again) he can take free-kicks and corners but do bugger all else.

Admittedly you were unlucky rooney got injured, i would have fancied him on the break against portugal. But look at your midfield, you've got the same guy playing four times (with the exception that gerrard can tackle), they all like to go forward, they're all right-footed, they all now play in the centre for their club, your captain has shown less leadership than zidane's little finger in this tournament. James is not an international standard goalkeeper unfortunately. The defence is top class but you don't win tournaments without a midfield. England had no shape, no balance and no possession. You don't win games against top-class teams without these things. Certainly you can beat the switzerlands, croatias and yes irelands of this world relying purely on your few decent players putting in good performances but you'll never beat teams with top-class players playing a proper system.

Deal with what actually counts from euro 2004. Beckham isn't a captain, or a world class player, and eriksson picks a poor team that isn't suited to the tactics he attempts to employ.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:30   #111
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

He should have faith in his assistants if they're in a better position
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:31   #112
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

The referee couldnt see anything in there, as proven when he indicated it was a push, in which case he should rely on his linesmen. Which he totally ignored.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:31   #113
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I dont know.

As a scotsman, im glad your out. Sorry, but its true. Its not a hatred of the English. I dont think any of you truly appreciate how bad your press is. I dont think any of you realise that we see England games more often than Scotland games on the television here. I'm also dissapointed in our press giving so much publicity to the amount of money put by Scots on France beating England, descending to English levels by adopting Croatia as the "balkan bravehearts".

But

As a football fan, i'm divided. When they were playing well, England looked like the best team in the Tournament. I enjoy watching a lot of English Players.

The Decision : It was a goal. Lets face it, it was a goal

BUT

Its a decision that goes against people every day of every season. Keepers are overprotected. You ALL know that. Every one of you knows its true. So dont pretend its the crime of the century, the most hideous refereeing error of all time. If you think thats bad you should watch some UEFA cup or First Division refereeing. Its a mistake all referees make, and it ****ing stings, but its a minor one. Its not a handball or something like that, its a borderline area. Terry still had his hand on Ricardo, to a ref, whats it gonna look like?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:31   #114
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
and just to make sure i got this right:
you are saying that the ref shouldn't have disallowed the goal because he couldn't have possibly seen the foul which quite obviously was there from his position ?
Yes, that's what he has linesmen for.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:32   #115
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Quote:
Terry had his arm at the goalies shoulder. even touching the goalie is a foul.

any touch was unintentional as terry was going for the ball.

and are you saying that terry has to move out of the way of the goalkeeper because hes in a better position? please.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:33   #116
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
Yes, that's what he has linesmen for.
lol
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:34   #117
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zharkov
any touch was unintentional as terry was going for the ball.
doesn't matter what his intentions were. touching the goalie is a foul
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:35   #118
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
Leshy your talking bollocks, a player is ALLOWED to stand his ground, so shut up
Do you even regularly watch football?

Running up against players who are "standing their ground" is 9 out of 10 times already awarded with a free kick, let alone if that happens against the goalkeeper within his area. Any referee would have disallowed the goal.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:35   #119
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
doesn't matter what his intentions were. touching the goalie is a foul
The goalie touched him, there was nothing he could do about it.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:35   #120
Obliterate

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Quote:
lol
?
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:35   #121
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Deffeh - you have gone up in my estimations by being truly honest.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:36   #122
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
?
!

(i don't know what he meant)

oh. personally. i'm scottish. i like the british team to win, i'm just nice like that. i thought the midfield was very subpar but the defence was superb and england deserve mucho credit for that. penalties was **** but then it was fair play to both sides. ref should have listened to his linesman. overall: shit tactics, shit pitch, shit ref, very exciting game

and this is from a person who only watches a match once in every couple of years
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:37   #123
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Against Brazil in 2002 as well.

Personally I blame this "tactic" more for tonight's result than the ref's incompetence.

You can't do anything about a shit referee, you can do something about shit tactics.

So there is one of you out there!

PS I think we're all ignoring the fact that rui costa's goal was worthy of winning any game.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 24 Jun 2004 at 23:43.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:44   #124
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Jonny, you are right about our midfield, I wanted Joe Cole to play on the left, with Lampard and Scholes in the center and Captain Gerrard on the right, with Robinson in goal, what with kirkland being injured.
I still say we played well enough to win over 90 minutes, our defence was relatively solid, but we are still worryingly suspect on free kicks and corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I Its a mistake all referees make, and it ****ing stings, but its a minor one. Its not a handball or something like that, its a borderline area. Terry still had his hand on Ricardo, to a ref, whats it gonna look like?
I wouldn't mind, but the ref indicated physically and verbally that he gave the foul for a push, so Terry having his hands on the keeper is irrelevant.

He was forty yards away. Count them: 40 yards. He simply has to ask his linesman for help, you just can't have a clear view of what's going on in a crowd of bodies like that from forty yards away.

And he was consistantly poor throughout the match, and I think he gave free kicks against Vassell and Cole simply because they are black, I really do.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:45   #125
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
?
the linesman is there to overrule the ref when he sees a fould that he couldn't possibly have seen ?
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:45   #126
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

We played like ****s.

The referee was a ****.

Portugal are diving ****s.

Sven is a retarded ****.

Stop the ****ing debate pricks.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:47   #127
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

rids says it all.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:48   #128
Ste
Bored

Quote:
I think he gave free kicks against Vassell and Cole simply because they are black, I really do.
Thats a harsh accusation that I'm sure you can't back up.

Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:50   #129
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

football's coming home... it's coming home... lol good night
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:51   #130
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

wankers

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:55   #131
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Quote:
football's coming home... it's coming home... lol good night

auf wiedersehen dear.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:56   #132
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I wouldn't mind, but the ref indicated physically and verbally that he gave the foul for a push, so Terry having his hands on the keeper is irrelevant.

He was forty yards away. Count them: 40 yards. He simply has to ask his linesman for help, you just can't have a clear view of what's going on in a crowd of bodies like that from forty yards away.

And he was consistantly poor throughout the match, and I think he gave free kicks against Vassell and Cole simply because they are black, I really do.
Vassell was penalised an awful lot. Ashley Cole was the best player on the park - because he kept the Second best player on the park - Ronaldo - off the scoresheet and the assist list. Ronaldo looked awesome every time he picked up the ball - every tussle ended up Cole vs Ronaldo. Though you cant back up the black accusation im afraid.

Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:56   #133
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathjam|wee
wankers
put quite simply, yes
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:58   #134
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Vassell played well, and I feel really sorry for him
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:59   #135
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Vassell was penalised an awful lot. Ashley Cole was the best player on the park - because he kept the Second best player on the park - Ronaldo - off the scoresheet and the assist list. Ronaldo looked awesome every time he picked up the ball - every tussle ended up Cole vs Ronaldo. Though you cant back up the black accusation im afraid.
Campbell was top class as well. Him and carvalho were my defenders of the championship so far, after tonight it's sol on his own.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:59   #136
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Thats a harsh accusation that I'm sure you can't back up.
Watch the game? There are multiple instances of Vassel being guilty of doing nothing but standing there playing football, and the ref blowing the pea out of his whistle. Same for Cole. I suspect it's also because they are English, because as a team we got penalised for free kicks when clearly we shouldn't have. I just thought that Cole, Vassell and Campbell got it more than the rest of the side.
Unread 24 Jun 2004, 23:59   #137
Obliterate

Quote:
the linesman is there to overrule the ref when he sees a fould that he couldn't possibly have seen ?
What, is the linesman blind or something? The ref simply needed to consult with his linesman seeing as he was too far away to see it properly.

p.s lol germany lol
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:07   #138
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

1. The referee is crap because he judged a situation he couldn't see at all because he was on the other side of the pitch
2. The referee is crap because he didn't listen to one of the linesmen but had the audacity to use his own judgement
3. The referee is crap because obstructing a goalkeeper is ok
4. The referee is crap because he was against the English
5. The referee is crap because he was against blacks
6. The referee is crap because he was especially against English blacks

Good to see your team wasn't to blame though
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:07   #139
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Campbell was top class as well. Him and carvalho were my defenders of the championship so far, after tonight it's sol on his own.
I thought he did some of it for the cameras to be honest. He gave away a few too many unneccesary corners and stuff, but i guess, "no chances" and all that. But on the Championships ive got better things to say about Cole than Campbell, i think hes a wee diving arsenal prick, but he was outstanding.

Terry, terry has been awful. He didnt even jump for the portugal equaliser, he was out of position. Neither him nor Campbell closed down Rui Costas strike. He was caught sleeping and if figo hadnt fired over was playing 3 men onside. Not convinced about him against Croatia either.

Its not even as if its a complete suprise, he was rubbish in the pre-tournament friendlies. I think maybe its time we reevaluate him and wonder whether we all believed and created too much unneccesary hype. Certainly a couple of times in the season i wondered whether there was too much being made.. but when it comes to defenders youve just got to take that "if they arent in the news for being shit theyve done allright" for granted.

Never should have dropped king. You dont drop a form player, no matter who.

Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:14   #140
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath
I notice that soccer continues to bring out the rational side in people.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:22   #141
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
What the **** did Terry do wrong?

****ing swiss - meant to be neutral??????
there was nothing wrong with that goal that campbell scored.
That defender should have been sent off at the end - fouled vassell and was last man.
How many dodgy free-kicks did he give them?

What did ricardo say to Beckham before he took the penalty anyway? seemed to do the trick
and what is the bloody rules with penalties? I thought you couldn't stop during your run-up and they did during 2 of theirs.

Why the **** were scholes and gerrard taken off for Phil Neville and Hargreaves??? Stupid tactical decisions.

England must be the unluckiest team in the world.

I reckon the english police are going to be busy tonight.......
I'm so pissed off.
Agreed :/
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:24   #142
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Given that you are scottish, I can understand why you'd say Terry fouled the keeper. Certainly he had his arm up, but it was hardly a foul. I agree that Terry has been ****ing awful, and you can hardly be upset with King, seeing that he was dropped in favour of Terry after the France game.

Hardly. Rooney twisted his own ankle, and wasn't really in the game long enough for Andrade to do any 'owning'.

You don't save goals like that. Ever. If we'd have lost to that goal then I wouldn't be as angry as I am now.

He certainly silenced some of his critics

Shit. Some of it was hardly James' fault. Shit.

We were better than the other side, we won the match in 90 minutes. We weren't better than the referee though.

At least we got to Euro 2004 hmmm Sunday?
Andrade bullied him out that game and forced rooney to hurt himself trying to get round him.

James was beating from a long range effort, I forgot to also state my reason why I said that in the post I made on that thread ages ago, Cause you are playing someone who can't play holding role to pick up the person who is going to do that too you.

Terry had No business being there, his only reason he was there was too foul, it happened etc, it wasn't like the keeper went out of his way to get fouled by terry.

And yes Sven tried to defend a 1-0 lead for more than 45 minutes.

All English mistakes, all deservedly punished, in the end the better team went through, they exposed you tactically and you failed.

p.s. Losing Rooney effectively was game to portugal cause until then Owen was unmarked and dangerous.

p.p.s. Yes you did get to euro 2004 and your overpaid squad of diddies came up short against Portugal who's players are paid a lot less than yours..... at least we don't play with overpaid wastes of fat faced idiots.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend

Last edited by Evergreen; 25 Jun 2004 at 00:29.
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:25   #143
JonnyBGood
Banned

One player who has to take some of the blame for england's exit is steven gerrard. After a unbelievable liverpool season in the two crunch games against france and portugal he was pretty much non-existent. His passing was not good enough, his surging runs weren't as evident, his box-to-box play was nothing on some of the greats, I don't remember any great saving tackles or blocks he made. England have to have an actual midfield instead of just picking the four best midfield players who are english.

PS When I was watching england during the national anthem, campbell and cole were the two who looked most up for it heh.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:28   #144
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This makes the sour loser poule complete, i hope they will play friendly matches:

Germany
England
Italy
Spain
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:29   #145
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

btw

RICAAAAAAAAAAAARDO!
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:33   #146
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Ban Swiss-cheese from being imported into this country.

Nuff said.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:33   #147
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ENGLAND TIL I DIE! (etc)

**** off Leshy - how we will laugh and mock when you get ****ed over by the Swedes.
Anyone up for murderdin Ronaldo - how I'd like to see him dead.

Dont even get me started on the ****ish ref. Twat.

We didnt play great but we should have gone through.
Robbed

Edit: that was a bit harsh on Leshy, sorry <3
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:35   #148
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
One player who has to take some of the blame for england's exit is steven gerrard. After a unbelievable liverpool season in the two crunch games against france and portugal he was pretty much non-existent. His passing was not good enough, his surging runs weren't as evident, his box-to-box play was nothing on some of the greats, I don't remember any great saving tackles or blocks he made. England have to have an actual midfield instead of just picking the four best midfield players who are english.

PS When I was watching england during the national anthem, campbell and cole were the two who looked most up for it heh.

Sure Gerrard hasn't played his best but he's played a hella lot better than Beckham.
Beckham this tournament has seemed disinterested and not focused. His passing has been suspect and his free kicks havent been up to par. And to miss 2 Penalties is kinda sucky.

I suspect that all the personal revelations havent helped him, but Sven should stop picking people on Reputation alone.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:37   #149
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Jesus Christ, I fell asleep after Rooney went off and woke up after the match
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 00:44   #150
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Can I just add, half of you lot are pricks whose opinions arent worth two shits in anybodys book.

That includes half you england fans.