User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Nov 2009, 22:40   #1
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Google

Every page I open makes me wait for "www.google-analytics.com". Mostly this takes just a fraction of a second, but it can take a full second now and then. Why is this? Will Fubra get lower income if this is deactivated?
I have a paid account. I don't want to wait for some advertisement company to see what pages I view unless it would make my account significantly more expensive.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2009, 01:57   #2
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Google

It shouldn't really cause an issue as it's the last thing in the HTML.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2009, 06:02   #3
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

I don't know for sure, but I think some browsers only render the page after the entire html is loaded which still would not really be a problem if it takes 1 second, but i've seen google-analytics loading for 30 secs + (not in pa tough)
Unread 16 Nov 2009, 10:50   #4
N00kstr

N00kstr is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that the google-analytics.com script is for advertising but it's used (I use it on some of my own sites) for webstats. Not sure why this would be usefull for PA but possibly part of the tools available for the multihunters.
N00kstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2009, 12:41   #5
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

A LOT of sites use this, games like this also. Its for analyzing viewer behavior, and where they click (first) etc. It can also compare your stats to those of similar size sites. And a ton of other stuff.

It should help to see if things are in the proper locations, etc.