User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 23 Apr 2013, 05:18   #1
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Waypoints

Would be it acceptable to add waypoints to attacks/defence? just an idea on how it may work:
at eta 1 you can set return coords, either attack or defence mission.
Example: i am attacking 1:1:1 and would also like to att 4:6:8, instead of waiting the 7-9 ticks for my fleet to return before launching again, i can then send my fleet there, the pods that have capped roids would now be defunct and unable to capture more, but left over pods would. Also perhaps emp'd ships may also not participate in the next battle and your new stolen ships would (this would also be the same setup for defence).
Unread 23 Apr 2013, 07:12   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Waypoints

Does not seem unreasonable. Would put a bit of a damper on PA's reliance on cycles of 24 hours (launch in evening, land in morning, launch in evening, land in morning, etc). That's a good thing. Would also make fleetcatches much, much harder. That's a bad thing.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 23 Apr 2013 at 17:42. Reason: hting -> thing
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2013, 09:19   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My interpretation is that you could send your fleet to attack 1:1:1, eta 8, and when it lands, you could send it onwards to 9:9:9, at eta 8 again.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 23 Apr 2013, 16:24   #4
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

It would basically ruin fleet catches, which are the only offensive way to really destroy value. So unless some other way to attack a fleet 'en route" is devised as part of this I am not in favor of this idea. This being said I am in favor of ideas that would add interesting strategies to the game to make it more dynamic, and I think this idea is on the right track.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2013, 16:38   #5
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
My interpretation is that you could send your fleet to attack 1:1:1, eta 8, and when it lands, you could send it onwards to 9:9:9, at eta 8 again.
yes that's how i think it should work
Unread 23 Apr 2013, 18:18   #6
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Are you able to redirect your fleet at any tick? I dont see how it would without that as an option, and if it an option... then fi/co will have much bigger advantage than it already has
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2013, 18:57   #7
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Would it be an idea to prelaunch a fleet before it returns home?
As in attack 1:1:1. Return eta 8. And when its back home, it launches back to 2:2:2 without needing a manual order.

This means you still need full traveltime and can be fleetcaught, but you wont have to be online that specific tick to re-launch.

I guess the above is a lazy-man option and an extention of the current prelaunch option.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2013, 19:21   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
Are you able to redirect your fleet at any tick? I dont see how it would without that as an option, and if it an option... then fi/co will have much bigger advantage than it already has
We spoke earlier about this. I have since thought about it some more and am happy to report I was right and you were wrong. (Phew!)

The problem you pointed out was that you only need to go for 1 tick before you can see that there's ally defense against your Fi/Co fleet, while it takes 2 ticks for the same to be true of your Fr/De/Cr/Bs fleet.

Example: let's assume we land 1 in 4 attacks. Ignore ingal defense. This is how long it currently takes for someone with perfect activity to cap roids:

Launch Fi at tick 100. Tick 101: Covered, recall. Tick 102: Relaunch. Tick 103: Covered, recall. Tick 104: Relaunch. Tick 105: Covered, recall. Tick 106: Relaunch. Tick 107: Through! Keep going for another 7 ticks. Tick 114: Land. Tick 122: Back home. Ticks passed: 22.

Launch Cr at tick 100. Tick 102: Covered, recall. Tick 104: Relaunch. Tick 106: Covered, recall. Tick 108: Relaunch. Tick 110: Covered, recall. Tick 112: Relaunch. Tick 114: Through! Keep going for another 8 ticks. Tick 122 Land. Tick 132: Back home. Ticks passed: 32.

Now say you can redirect your fleet whenever you like.

Launch Fi at tick 100. Tick 101: Covered, redirect. Tick 102: Covered, redirect. Tick 103: Covered, redirect. Tick 104: Through! Keep going for another 7 ticks. Tick 111: Land. Ticks passed: 11.

Launch Cr at tick 100. Tick 102: Covered, redirect. Tick 104: Covered, redirect. Tick 106: Covered, redirect. Tick 108: Through! Keep going for another 8 ticks. Tick 116: Land. Ticks passed: 16.

So, before, it took Fi 22 ticks to cap roids, and Cr 32 ticks. After, it'd take Fi 11 ticks to cap roids, and Cr 16 ticks. 32 / 22 is equal to 16 / 11.
Unread 24 Apr 2013, 01:21   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

No thanks. We dont need to changes.
Please give me old PA back.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2013, 09:06   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

agreed, the way to improve PA atm is: get more players (or more planets).
Unread 24 Apr 2013, 20:23   #11
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
agreed, the way to improve PA atm is: get more players (or more planets).
What a great strategy! Just like my brilliant football team strategy: Score more goals than the other team!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2013, 23:03   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
What a great strategy! Just like my brilliant football team strategy: Score more goals than the other team!
Well his point being that its a waste of time discussing pointless improvements wich wont do anything to the decreasing playerbase and the increase of players leaving.
I thinks its about time we start discussing how to get rid of prelaunch, small tags, late starting, hiding res i gal funds, and all these meaningless features wich gives people with a high knowledge and little effort a chance of being so good at getting rankings.

Unread 25 Apr 2013, 00:45   #13
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Well his point being that its a waste of time discussing pointless improvements wich wont do anything to the decreasing playerbase and the increase of players leaving.
I thinks its about time we start discussing how to get rid of prelaunch, small tags, late starting, hiding res i gal funds, and all these meaningless features wich gives people with a high knowledge and little effort a chance of being so good at getting rankings.
I actually concur. I've played my ass off this round and I'm still in the 200's
Unread 25 Apr 2013, 08:25   #14
Blue_Esper

new features is what this game needs there hasn't been anything ground breaking added for over 20 rounds
Unread 25 Apr 2013, 09:07   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
new features is what this game needs there hasn't been anything ground breaking added for over 20 rounds
Allowing a 2nd planet for everyone is what's needed > KISS solution, no limitation on 2nd planet or on interactions, ranking score based on the average of both.
Unread 25 Apr 2013, 10:07   #16
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Allowing a 2nd planet for everyone is what's needed > KISS solution, no limitation on 2nd planet or on interactions, ranking score based on the average of both.
or ranking individually for each, makes it possible for same player to win and have 2nd planet
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2013, 10:19   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Start a thread for it.
Unread 25 Apr 2013, 11:39   #18
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Removing these stupid features i just listed would be breaking

Unread 25 Apr 2013, 12:11   #19
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
So you want to make Planetarion even more one-dimensional? Great plan. :/ This game should work towards being playable with little effort, not the other way around. People don't want to wake up in the middle of the night for a web-browser game anymore.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2013, 12:34   #20
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Why do you want them gone?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2013, 16:42   #21
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Why do you want them gone?
They make it easier for the experinced player, not the new.

Unread 25 Apr 2013, 17:22   #22
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
They make it easier for the experinced player, not the new.
How so?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote