User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Aug 2010, 09:00   #1
Zazas
Dead

Zazas is an unknown quantity at this point
about new fleet page

The condensed page is kinda good, but it gave me two troubles.
1. Perform movement button - It is too low, I always push Issue launch button, then I try to rearrange my ships.
2. Adding fleet to BCALC - this became impossible, as you can not copy your sorted fleet, like you could from missions page.
Zazas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 09:10   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: about new fleet page

^^

2nd point especially valid.
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 10:43   #3
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

aye, agree, fcked up
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 11:07   #4
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

press the (i) button next to the fleet name and u get a popup that u can copy/paste. simplez.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 11:29   #5
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Thx rein, now my issues with the fleetpage are gone

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 15:05   #6
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

I dont like it

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 15:11   #7
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

completely useless... dunno why it was even changed.. Could have actually fixed something else..
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 15:49   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're useless.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 16:17   #9
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i think its a fantastic change. very glad that its finally been done.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 16:34   #10
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

I approve of the change.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 17:57   #11
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

cant seem to find any improvements that came with the change :P i dont mind it tho.. just needs to get used to i guess
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 18:08   #12
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

The improvement is in not having to load extra pages on your mobile device.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2010, 22:53   #13
Reincarnate
ToF

improvements are you dont need to flick back and forth between 2 pages. and as cowch said, very helpful when using mobile.

Unread 10 Aug 2010, 00:22   #14
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I don't get why people are so negative about it. I guess the main reason is because something changed (oh no!).

I for one am glad I don't have to go back and forth to see what fleet is actually going where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazas View Post
2. Adding fleet to BCALC - this became impossible, as you can not copy your sorted fleet, like you could from missions page.
Erm, "Add My Stuff" anyone?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 00:30   #15
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

People like keyboard shortcuts over clicking the mouse!
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 00:31   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The whole "add my fleet" thing cost just about as much time to do as "select, Ctrl+C, click, Ctrl-V", anyway.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 00:47   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

also add my fleet doesnt really help, when you're pasting in other peoples stuff now does it
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 00:52   #18
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
also add my fleet doesnt really help, when you're pasting in other peoples stuff now does it
Why not?
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 02:08   #19
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i just spend 10 minutes of my life searching the mission page

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 05:54   #20
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Try searching it on the first night when your drunk and BC:ing same time...

Could have killed some person at that point of time.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 07:17   #21
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i had the same thing on saturday...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 08:52   #22
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

The combining of the fleets is horrible. Some points may have been forwarded already, but here is my list of complaints:

- The page in general is crammed and loaded. A basic rule of webpage design was broken: dont overload any single page with information.
- Too much scrolling is required for fleet movement
- People can no longer copy/paste fleets in a SIMPLE way. The (i) button is slow (probably by design), and confusing on a mobile phone. The copy pasting is important for DCs, who often prefer to work on irc with copy pasting of missions, so they dont have to CONSTANTLY use refresh/expand+collapse/mouseover in the ingame deftools.
- The combining fo the pages was designed to make it more friendly for mainly the mobile users. I am one of those. I have to conclude that the combined page actually takes more time to use :P.

- T
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 10:06   #23
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

PA could have written Fleets/Missions on the menu... it is a basic procedure when you make such a change.
I welcome the move back to the old system (abandonned because of loading issues i think when the player base was huge).
I just can't copy/paste the mission to confirm the launch on IRC anymore... but i can live with that as the ally is using the ingame defense page.
Unread 10 Aug 2010, 20:34   #24
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
I just can't copy/paste the mission to confirm the launch on IRC anymore... but i can live with that as the ally is using the ingame defense page.
I really wish people would read threads they reply to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
press the (i) button next to the fleet name and u get a popup that u can copy/paste. simplez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
The combining of the fleets is horrible. Some points may have been forwarded already, but here is my list of complaints:

- The page in general is crammed and loaded. A basic rule of webpage design was broken: dont overload any single page with information.
- Too much scrolling is required for fleet movement
- People can no longer copy/paste fleets in a SIMPLE way. The (i) button is slow (probably by design), and confusing on a mobile phone. The copy pasting is important for DCs, who often prefer to work on irc with copy pasting of missions, so they dont have to CONSTANTLY use refresh/expand+collapse/mouseover in the ingame deftools.
- The combining fo the pages was designed to make it more friendly for mainly the mobile users. I am one of those. I have to conclude that the combined page actually takes more time to use :P.

- T
I must say I don't share any of these observations, except maybe that it could be 'crammed and loaded' and thereby overwhelming for newer players. In return, to me it feels to make much more sense that you can send your fleets from the fleets page, rather than make an extra page to do the same thing.

Personally I prefer to check if people sent their ships on the Defense page anyway, so copy/pasting is more for the player than for me.
Unread 11 Aug 2010, 03:33   #25
Pug

Pug can only hope to improve

I think it's a good thing, specially when time to tick is a factor in launching in time just after changing fleets etc.
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote