User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Oct 2014, 23:34   #1
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice
Cool Ad2460?

Whats everyone's options on the game?
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 06:40   #2
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Ad2460?

Overly complex and a tad dull. I also disliked that it is enforced p2p. I appreciate it cost a lot to make but micro payements and upgraded accounts would paid that. I feel now that paying to play a web based game isn't worth it....
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 07:20   #3
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Damn Kaiba, we should really stop agree'ing again soon, i am starting to get hives.

But yeah what kaiba says, too complex and too repetitive. And pay2play is really not done in 2014, especially not within browser games. I think it was once a good idea, but in the end it just falls short in every level in my opinion.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 13:26   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I tried the beta wasnt too keen on it.

I liked some aspects of AD2460 and it highlighted how underdeveloped PA is but have to agree with Kaiba aswell (which isnt a bad thing lol)
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 14:29   #5
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

If I may..?

We went on a modest p2p model to take a stance against any kind of pay2win model. A fair game can not be achieved through microtransactions and upgraded accounts.
(Yeah yeah, bring on the DOTA-example, I can debate this for hours, but I am not going to (-: )

You are right that "nobody" does this at the moment. Likewise, "nobody" did the "sms / microtransactions" when we fired them up in ManagerLeague, but things change and we are not afraid to go early. Wait and see. I hope pay2win dies.

The fact that some might find the game to be overly complex..Well, I take that as a compliment, it IS a complex scenario in a complex galaxy, and thus it is a complex game (allthough not as complex as it may seem at first, it does take a bit getting used to).
As I have said all along, it's not Planetarion, faaar from it. Focus is more on the experience, on the single combats, in the tactical aspect, and as such, even if it doesn't require you to be up at all hours, it is more hardcore in some areas.

With Missions in place now, in the final beta, we're very happy with how things are looking.

That said, it is not a game for everyone, nor was it meant to be.
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 14:35   #6
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping it'd be the game for me but after reading on your website that it was pay2play, i decided not to even bother signing up for the beta. Shame.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 14:35   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have not played AD2460, so take my comment with a large grain of salt, but microtransactions do not necessarily mean pay to win. A great example is Hat Fortress 2.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 15:04   #8
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Yeah sorry Spinner I was actually really looking forward to it. I know the price to pay is comparable to PA but it's just an investment I couldn't justify into a game that didn't inspire me to log in.

Micro transactions don't have to be pay2win, maybe you underestimated the players will to purchase useless shit and vanity items.

Also is there an app for the game? It played havoc with my phone browser and was extremely hard to navigate and seeing that is where I would play the game 80% of the time so that also deterred me.

I use a HTC One M7 with Google Chrome in case its a known issue
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 15:18   #9
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
If I may..?

We went on a modest p2p model to take a stance against any kind of pay2win model. A fair game can not be achieved through microtransactions and upgraded accounts.
(Yeah yeah, bring on the DOTA-example, I can debate this for hours, but I am not going to (-: )
Micro-transactions are hard to not make it pay2win without having them as novelty items where you may not create the required revenue. However upgraded accounts is a nice compromise between pay2win and pay2play, those who wish to play seriously will pay2play still and those just trying out the game or wishing to play casually will not upgrade but increase your user count making the game more enjoyable for other people.

If you went with an upgrade style payment system, you'd have an easier time getting Planetarion players to try your game (and other players).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 16:52   #10
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

There is a free 14 days trial, so getting people to try the game shouldn't be that big a problem.
There are plenty of PA-people in there already, and Xanadu, Rock and several other alliances seem to have a strong presence. A lot of oldies too, from what I can tell.

And pardon me if I sound arrogant, but the PA business model is not something one should learn from, but avoid. I have been making a living doing these things for 15 years, and I believe I have a fair grasp of how the market works (-: Also, the business-model has not exactly been chosen at random, nor have I made that call alone (-;
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 22:43   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i'm playing so it's pretty cool.

and if spinner will listen to my advice it'll be even cooler.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2014, 00:24   #12
Dworschi
MööööH r0x0r0r

Dworschi is an unknown quantity at this point

I like !

it can drag you into the game, once you understand a little of whats going on
Unread 29 Oct 2014, 01:45   #13
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

I have played the game for a little bit now and still cant get the hang off things i agree with Kaiba it is a little to complicated but not to say after playing for abit we would get used to it..

its just not the game for me
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2014, 11:05   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

P.S. Shouldn't this game be called ******, like ********?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2014, 03:25   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

True it requires a little time to get familiar with the interface, and to understand the game, especially when you come from PA. But the game experience is so much more enjoyable. The real great thing about it is you can take a beating, go down in score and still come back to the top.
No exponential growth for the first and no relentless bashing for the last....
Unread 10 Nov 2014, 07:58   #16
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I didn't even get the beta email that I signed up for. :-/
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2014, 19:41   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

It took me a while to figure it out but I'm enjoying it so far, the constant micro management can be a bit annoying at times but overall I like it so far, whether I like it enough to pay when it comes out of beta I haven't decided yet

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2014, 05:18   #18
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Once again, Spinner doesn't want me to play AD2460!

Like when I tried singing up for the beta, I never received the e-mail containing my invitation code, and similary in this occasion, I received my password through sms, entered my login details correctly and guess what? Access denied!

AD2460 Karma hates me.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2014, 20:29   #19
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Once again, Spinner doesn't want me to play AD2460!

AD2460 Karma hates me.
lol, stop trying to sign-up multiple times. I'm pretty sure Spinner learnt a lesson or too from the multying.

You're not Apprime pal!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 21:15   #20
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Playing and very much enjoying (though today i was bashed into oblivion by Xanadu *shakes fist at KoeN) but unlike PA that isnt the end i have the opportunity to rebuild, regain and be near top of rankings again far easier than this is possible in PA

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 11:20   #21
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i didnt like it
i like PA
and AD2460 has nothing but the theme in common

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2014, 13:41   #22
riya20

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Unread 9 Dec 2014, 21:14   #23
XTC 69

XTC 69 is an unknown quantity at this point

i started playing it at the weekend.Still only level 1 though atm lol. i would say it certainly has potential if it was a little more user friendly. At times i found it very confusing. I found the 'getting started' tutorial helpful to a certain degree but at times it was a bit to technical and having to look 3 or 4 times to find out how to do simple stuff when a .... to build **** you have to research **** first or whatever would of been sufficient . The same with the 3 tech branches very easy to get confused by it all. I didnt really have a clue what i was allocating the points to at first then before i knew it i was specialising in one branch that i didnt even know if it was any good or no,in fact i still am not much wiser as to what the benefits of each are.

-----------------------
imarbles of Goodspliff
r2 - No Alliance
r3 -XPA / G-II
r4/5/6/7 - HC @ G-II
r8 - retired to lead a normal life and have a full nights sleep
-----------------------
XTC 69 is offline   Reply With Quote