User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2009, 19:52   #251
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: Round 34 Stats

why not shift the marauder to beeing a steal ship

imo 2 good kill ships is enough for zik

also it would weaken a very strong zik cr fleet

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 20:00   #252
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, that would mean zik cr can only roid cath then. Which would suck for both cath and zik.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 20:24   #253
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

I'm pro changing clipper.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 20:36   #254
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I changed clipper and phoenix by the way.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 23:24   #255
Supergans
The Holy Goose

Supergans is on a distinguished road

Stats look quite good to be honest, well done JBG.
Might be some minor tweaks done, but I'm sure the round will be interesting.
Supergans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 01:19   #256
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

At first glance ETD is the only race able to cover all incs by building both his attack fleets (DE-BS).
With two 0 loss def ships (lancer vs Cath FI and Dreadnaught vs Ter DE).
The smuggler hidden in a BS fleet could surprise some Xan targets and steal some useful Xan DE.
One of their BS being cloaked will reduce their chance to fake fleets and Zik look their biggest problem in def : the pillager a 0 loss steal vs Etd DE though slower and the Pirate init advantage vs the BS.
Overall it looks the best choice for solo players, and I like it.

On a general note, r35 won't be heavy in fico which is a welcome change. The resurgence of 0 loss def ships and the need to build more different ship types opens up for more strategy. Making r35 worth playing. Good job.

Last edited by Makhil; 30 Dec 2009 at 05:52.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 08:57   #257
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

JBG has an annoying tendency to make me play. I wasn't supposed to play next round but there's enough variation here to reconsider the situation
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 12:59   #258
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Nice stats for fortress playing
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 13:37   #259
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Single targetting has always been a failure and I don't see any reason why it would be successfull now.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 14:38   #260
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
Single targetting has always been a failure and I don't see any reason why it would be successfull now.
I like how you used some examples of rounds and situations in which it had "failed", along with a set of well-defined criteria for "success" in this post. Keep up the good work!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 00:03   #261
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

The Stats for r14 have been the most enjoyable stats I have played

(single targetting, every race had at least 1 steal ship, stealers didnt die)
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 16:52   #262
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Well, that would mean zik cr can only roid cath then. Which would suck for both cath and zik.
So it's better to keep in its current form so it can roid everyone?

Last edited by Kafir; 2 Jan 2010 at 17:00.
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:17   #263
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
So it's better to keep in its current form so it can roid everyone?
Well, ignoring the fact that it can't actually roid terran, and it'll have difficulty roiding xan fr (which should be very common) and zik fr (probably somewhat less common) yeah, it makes sense to keep in its current format.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:18   #264
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

urrr yea, zik cr is pretty retardedly good, 2 kill ships at low inits make them almost impossible to stop by anything but widows efficiently, chims do ok but how many of them are actually going to be built/available for defence? Change mara to a steal ship or pirate to init 5 and peacekeeper to init 4 or give xan something that can actually hit zik cr properly, there needs to be at least a chance to stop the retarded amounts of zik cr thats inevitably going to be built with these stats.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:21   #265
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Well, ignoring the fact that it can't actually roid terran, and it'll have difficulty roiding xan fr (which should be very common) and zik fr (probably somewhat less common) yeah, it makes sense to keep in its current format.
What dificulty? obviously ziks will go heavy on mara/pirates and neglect pillagers a bit (and neglect buccs) , so dealing with fr isn't going to be a problem if ur hitting someone that doesn't enjoy losing over half their fleet before firing back.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 17:34   #266
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
What dificulty? obviously ziks will go heavy on mara/pirates and neglect pillagers a bit (and neglect buccs) , so dealing with fr isn't going to be a problem if ur hitting someone that doesn't enjoy losing over half their fleet before firing back.
Well, no.

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=2wlw6xfq23bxvep
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=8eciwo8py16n5yt (more of a disgusting battle than anything else but it's hardly something most people would launch)

That'd be a fairly realistic calc in my opinion. Fair enough if people go massively mara/pirate heavy and ignore most of their other ships just to be an offensive machine then they're going to be able to roid others with more ease. I'm pretty sure that's why people wanted single-targeting back though. My view is that with the amount of potential flak available in fr class ships, and given the two tick element involved in potential fr def and the low efficiency of the mara, zik cr (in the context of zikonian as a whole) is not overpowered. If you disagree with me you're welcome to go bother appoco and see if he'll change it for you. If not, I'd advise you to go for zik cr!

Quote:
chims do ok but how many of them are actually going to be built/available for defence?
Considering they're terran's only anti-cr I'd imagine there'd probably be a fair few of them built. Their availability for def will depend on a bunch of factors I guess. I don't see why they wouldn't be available for def in a competent alliance though. If everyone goes attacking with anything that resembles a roiding fleet every night they won't be obviously but in that case the problem is related more to a) your alliance and b) single targeting than anything particular to do with the actual stats.
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 05:12   #267
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well, no.

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=2wlw6xfq23bxvep
http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=8eciwo8py16n5yt (more of a disgusting battle than anything else but it's hardly something most people would launch)

That'd be a fairly realistic calc in my opinion.
Uh, all your doing by sending clippers to attack is asking the defense to nuke the attacking clippers with 0 losses.

Would you land either of those attacks with no CR damage but losing all your clippers? I doubt it.

I really don't think zik as a whole is OP though, Zik CR is likely one of the best attacking classes but if you ever crash it you're in deep deep trouble.

The stats as a whole are rather balanced, but do to the playstyles I expect to happen this round, a lot of the counter races aren't going to be played in a counter fashion.

IE, what's zik's biggest weakness?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 05:19   #268
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K View Post
Uh, all your doing by sending clippers to attack is asking the defense to nuke the attacking clippers with 0 losses.

Would you land either of those attacks with no CR damage but losing all your clippers? I doubt it.

I really don't think zik as a whole is OP though, Zik CR is likely one of the best attacking classes but if you ever crash it you're in deep deep trouble.

The stats as a whole are rather balanced, but do to the playstyles I expect to happen this round, a lot of the counter races aren't going to be played in a counter fashion.

IE, what's zik's biggest weakness?
Er, sorry about the clippers thing. I noticed that later on and realised my calc was therefore fairly off, I'd just been adding zik cr by numbers down and started off one too far up!

So it's really something like http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=77avxo5y8jzd2pg (still not wtf awesome for zik).

For the record I consulted appoco and the spirit got added to xan, providing a reasonable, albeit expensive, counter to zik cr for xan. Zik's biggest weakness is probably cath fi or ter de/de teamups in my opinion.
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 14:45   #269
Whoops
Penguin Pass Champion

Whoops is an unknown quantity at this point

Your calcs were originally correct, but the addition of the Spirit probably gives every ship behind it +1 in sort number/row id (or whatever you wanna call it)
Whoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 20:53   #270
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I don't think single-targeting rounds were more boring than multi-targeting ones. If anything I would have said the opposite as recent rounds just became a case of get as much brute force together as you can and overwhelm the opposition with fi/co or cr/bs teamups where you pretty much have every ship that is available involved. I certainly don't think one round of it would be less challenging as everyone would have to adjust their strategy etc. I mean one round dude, we've played 11 rounds this way, if it was that boring from r11-23 I'm pretty sure we'd remember it for being appallingly shit.
I couldn't agree more

Some of my favorite rounds have been with single targeting - I always felt the multi targeting ruined a certain ammount of fake tactics.

Can someone post here the latest stats

I may even play this round now
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 21:00   #271
JonnyBGood
Banned

http://game.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=409541179321

These are the latest, and final, stats.
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 11:00   #272
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Thank you for the stats JBG, I like them. I think ingal def will be increasingly important due to the higher eta of most of the 0 loss def, unless it will be a cr/bs round.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 11:37   #273
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Well done, JBG. I like the stats as well and i certainly hope you continue doing them as like your sets much more then anyone's else. Big thank you.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2010, 19:39   #274
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I'm absolutly loving these stats so far.

Been roided down to the ground twice but also able to roid everyone else down to the ground with little value
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2010, 21:07   #275
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a pretty good time as well tbh.
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 05:31   #276
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

anyone without ready access to defence feels unusually hopeless, although i kno its an illusion that in normal stats u can defend urself; u can at least prevent the continual streams of one race/class taking ur roids by shifting the balance of ur fleet.
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 16:11   #277
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont like Roidswappingtarion.
Can we play planetarion again next round?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 17:11   #278
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

its a bit fun, but its to extreme.
i want to play planetarion again aswell.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 17:30   #279
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I absolutely love these stats. First time I've found PA fun (except for covopping) for over a year.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2010, 11:58   #280
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
I absolutely love these stats. First time I've found PA fun (except for covopping) for over a year.
and I got lured into covopping this round! :O