User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2009, 01:53   #51
izverg
Banned

izverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of lightizverg is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes for next round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
hut, such ignorance is the exact reason PA is turning to shit.

tag limit should be 61, and anyone suggesting crazy motherf*cking ideas like "59" or "62" should be shot.
hahaha you are AWESOME
izverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 02:11   #52
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I heard they're proposing 61.5 to please a wider audience...
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 02:43   #53
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

appoco has allready said in a pamail that the allaince limit would remain the same, that is 60/70.

other changes such as reducing bp size to 2-3 or completely random have been supported by most alliance reps however having no bp requires extra coding.

most alliance reps also supported the restrictions on self exile and limiting to 1 bp in a gal.

the idea for a lot of the changes was to have more gals, slightly smaller so more targets and that good players would be mixed in with the "noobs", this should give them the opertunity to learn the game from the better players.

but ofc this has the sideaffect of redusing the chances of a fortress gal from being created, something i am all in favour of but not the goal that cin had in mind when putting proposed changes to us.

thing is why do you need more than 1 self exile in 24 hours, your gal can exile you as well, when you exile shouldnt you spend some time to see if your new galmates are good enough? oh i guess not if your aiming for a fort gal!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 02:59   #54
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
thing is why do you need more than 1 self exile in 24 hours, your gal can exile you as well, when you exile shouldnt you spend some time to see if your new galmates are good enough? oh i guess not if your aiming for a fort gal!
Sometimes there nobody active to exile you
Sometimes it takes only 5 secondes to see your new gal is dead

If I was against Fortress gals, I would make a system where if more than 5 planets of the same ally are present, the gal auto disband (ofc each gal would have the possibility to tick a box "refuse exiles from 'this alliance'"...
or if a 6th member of an alliance joins, one of the other 5 is randomly auto exiled

Last edited by Makhil; 29 Dec 2009 at 03:07.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 03:05   #55
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
I would make a system where if more than 5 planets of the same ally are present, the gal auto disband.

I asked for something very close to that last round for the exile system "like if there is allready 5 of your race or allilance then goto the next gal"

the problem with disbanding a gal is the other gals just get bigger, I think gals should be limited to 8-10 planets
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 03:07   #56
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
appoco has allready said in a pamail that the allaince limit would remain the same, that is 60/70.

other changes such as reducing bp size to 2-3 or completely random have been supported by most alliance reps however having no bp requires extra coding.

most alliance reps also supported the restrictions on self exile and limiting to 1 bp in a gal.

the idea for a lot of the changes was to have more gals, slightly smaller so more targets and that good players would be mixed in with the "noobs", this should give them the opertunity to learn the game from the better players.

but ofc this has the sideaffect of redusing the chances of a fortress gal from being created, something i am all in favour of but not the goal that cin had in mind when putting proposed changes to us.

my head hurts now i read this and I do not know where to begin to stop pointing out the utter stupidity in your post(s).
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 03:15   #57
[DDK]gm

how about speeking to your alliance reps, they supported a lot of the suggestions with some tweaking.. for asc thats Reese and mz
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 03:39   #58
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Because I do not want to talk to them as my 'rep'. I think the whole idea of using alliance reps and letting the likes of you have any influence is a bad one. What makes you better suited then me to give any form of input on these suggestions that 'count'?
If anything, I should be seen as more suited then less. Apart from the fact you have shown a history of consistent failure and a remarkable consistency to not try and play this game, I have also been involved in the development of this game in the early rounds, having actually been part of some changes that we still see today. (The introduction of the races if you wondered).
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 03:45   #59
Makhil

Quote:
I asked for something very close to that last round for the exile system "like if there is allready 5 of your race or allilance then goto the next gal"
That was a very sensible suggestion, if the goal this round is to prevent fortress gals, I think it should be re-examined. It's a KISS solution if people think there is a problem to solve there.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 04:45   #60
[DDK]gm

its not a solution though as you just stay out of tag untill you have finnished exiling
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 04:53   #61
Makhil

solution: "you can't join this alliance, the galaxy quota is already reached. Please exile before joining or pick another alliance"

Unread 29 Dec 2009, 09:22   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
oh i guess not if your aiming for a fort gal!
I guess not if your galaxy consists solely of people below your bash limit!

But thanks for showing your true colours.

Quote:
how about speeking to your alliance reps, they supported a lot of the suggestions with some tweaking.. for asc thats Reese and mz
No, I did not. Nor is it relevant in the slightest.

Quote:
That was a very sensible suggestion, if the goal this round is to prevent fortress gals, I think it should be re-examined.
This is why I'm terrified every time you make a thread on PS. Because there's a chance Appoco or Cin might listen to you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 10:16   #63
[DDK]gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I guess not if your galaxy consists solely of people below your bash limit!
that was considered and the solution was that the exile system would not put you in a inactive gal, i know you havent had a chance to support anything since asc alliance reps are changing weekly and you dont have the full access yet.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 10:26   #64
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
This is why I'm terrified every time you make a thread on PS. Because there's a chance Appoco or Cin might listen to you.
You mean they could improve the game ? sounds terrifying indeed.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 10:36   #65
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, I mean they're neither driven by vision nor supported by an understanding of the game. You are also focused on implementation details to an uncomfortable degree and seem unwilling to flesh out the design beforehand.

Though of course I'm always willing to support good ideas, even if they come from people whose game design skills I generally hold to be questionable at best.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 11:47   #66
Makhil

My understanding of the game is in no way inferior to yours. We may think differently but it's very immature to believe you're the keeper of the one and only truth. If we don't agree prove me wrong, discuss, or shut up. Because the 1 sentence comments you're specialized in bring nothing at all to the debates.
You talk like a preteen, it's time to grow up.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 11:52   #67
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Landing in a dead or hostile galaxy would be a good reason why you need more than 1 exile in 24 hrs. There is no solution yet to make sure that if I exile I don't land in a dead or hostile galaxy.
Any solution that avoids people from exiling to a weak galaxy will help kill the weaker galaxies. It could reduce the amount of viable targets which is exactly opposite to what it was intended to accomplish.
We need different solutions. The weaker galaxies could receive some kind of benefit to make it worthwile to stay there. Or you could limit the amount of exiles to 1 each 48 hrs, but allow people to save them up, so by tick 240 you'd have 5 chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Because I do not want to talk to them as my 'rep'. I think the whole idea of using alliance reps and letting the likes of you have any influence is a bad one. What makes you better suited then me to give any form of input on these suggestions that 'count'?
+1

PA team is catering too much to what alliances want, which is possibly caused by this alliance rep crap. This game should cater the players, not the alliances.

Last edited by Gerbie2; 29 Dec 2009 at 11:54. Reason: spelling
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 11:56   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
My understanding of the game is in no way inferior to yours. We may think differently but it's very immature to believe you're the keeper of the one and only truth. If we don't agree prove me wrong, discuss, or shut up. Because the 1 sentence comments you're specialized in bring nothing at all to the debates.
You talk like a preteen, it's time to grow up.
Truth is not easily come by, I am well aware of that. This is why I'm willing to read through a lot of drivel if that means finding a gem every now and again. After all, why else would I be reading the PA forums?

A good example of such a gem was your suggestion about changing the way cov ops work; the implementation details were fairly premature (and in any case I disagreed with them), but the design idea ("merge scans and cov ops") was a good one, which led to Appoco linking to two old threads of his.

Even if such gems do not lead to concrete changes, I find it entertaining to discuss and think about them.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 12:55   #69
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Any ideas created by the community have to be treated and subjected to the same premise...

"If it takes more than a day to code, its unlikely to see the light of day"

That is also why we get the same old rounds every time.

Just changing limits on alliance, gal sizes, BP's etc isnt exactly going to inspire anyone to join the game, and these simple acts are creating a boring stagnant rounds for the majority of player (new and old).

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 13:45   #70
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

****ing drama queens posting in this thread.

No, eliminating fort gals for a round will not kill PA.
No, 1 exile per 24 hours will not kill PA. (though I would suggest that when you exile and you're the biggest in either value or score the restriction should be removed/reduced).
No, BPs of 2-3 isn't going to kill PA.

The end result is that some changes you don't like probably will be implemented for a round.
Crying here most likely isn't going to change anything, which is exactly what started this thread.

Yes, when the official changes are announced there wont be enough time to have any say in them, nor should it matter.

If you dislike the changes so much, skip the round.
That's the only way you'll be able to show anything.
But considering 99% of you are all addicts, you'll either still sign up, or late start (if it's still an option).
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 00:02   #71
NitbiT

NitbiT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Have you ever considered because of the reason of ending up in an inactive gal; or a gal with new-starters/less-experienced (I don;t like the word "noobs"); or all way valued below your own value?
Last rounds I had to exile 2-7 times, in the new rule-set that means I would have "lost" a whole week of decent attacking/value building. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Yes, I could ask the galaxy to exile me, but if (almost) noone responds I still have to wait those 24hrs, and make sure my fleets are home.
And with more ppl going random cause of the lowered BP limits more exiles will take place.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would seriously affect the gameplay/joy negatively. The system in which it costs resources according to value of the galaxy makes it already costly enough imo.

===
Regarding the single-ship targeting, I'm not fond of it, but I want to see how it affects gameplay, cause it works both in attacks as defense. If it works out to be well, it seriously could increase the dynamics in the game, since more attacks will land.

===
BP lowered to 2-3, once again I'm not happy with it, especially with the changed rules of exiling (that will likely to occur more cause of more ppl going random now)

Happy New Year's Eve,
NitbiT
NitbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 00:31   #72
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitbiT View Post
Have you ever considered because of the reason of ending up in an inactive gal; or a gal with new-starters/less-experienced (I don;t like the word "noobs"); or all way valued below your own value?
Last rounds I had to exile 2-7 times, in the new rule-set that means I would have "lost" a whole week of decent attacking/value building. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Last round i played in a rather as you say n00b gal, i enjoyed it just as much as playing in any other galaxy tbh, i wasn't playing serious i grant you that but the experience was possibly just the same and less demanding on myself. I play to the circumstances i find myself in and do the best i can do without trying for more than i can attain given them. in general i have enjoyed the rounds i have played and enjoyed the people i have played with. so i honestly don't see what your issue is here.

Quote:
Yes, I could ask the galaxy to exile me, but if (almost) noone responds I still have to wait those 24hrs, and make sure my fleets are home.
And with more ppl going random cause of the lowered BP limits more exiles will take place.
Have you ever tried making the effort in a galaxy rather than play for yourself? i feel it very hard to condemn new players and the like when the players they are faced with which are so called experienced seem to call them shit and exile rather than give them a chance.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would seriously affect the gameplay/joy negatively. The system in which it costs resources according to value of the galaxy makes it already costly enough imo.
I honestly agree with this system if you didn't find yourself a BP and stick with it then all your are trying to achieve is to get in a higher ranked galaxy for an easy ride.

Quote:
Regarding the single-ship targeting, I'm not fond of it, but I want to see how it affects gameplay, cause it works both in attacks as defense. If it works out to be well, it seriously could increase the dynamics in the game, since more attacks will land.
It will be different and clearly you didn't think about what effects it could have on the game itself, your previous statements have made it quite clear you are a player which will exile to the best galaxy possible, the single targeting system would make it much more profitable to play in such a way. hence more of a positive to you. what else it will do is possibly not so... but i will leave you to think about that.

Quote:
BP lowered to 2-3, once again I'm not happy with it, especially with the changed rules of exiling (that will likely to occur more cause of more ppl going random now)
you seem to be someone that likes exiling, hence this change seems pretty moot to you.

and ofc
Happy New Year's Eve to you

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 02:56   #73
NitbiT

NitbiT is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your response Vulgar.

First of all, I'm sad you (seem to) think I consider players as noobs. Please let me correct that, I always listen to /try to help new/less experienced players. Let us all not forget we all have started the same way. I really dislike the word noobs cause of its negativism.

Yes, I am an überactive player that aims for a T100 rank and sets his alarm to launch to avoid pl and check for incs/def, and yes I plan my lands around my lunchbreak (even at work I'm online if possible, only a few days I can't be online) so I'msure to calc (if my attack mate didn't calc already). And yes I exchange my phonenumber with players that want to so we can alert each other. So I am looking for an active gal. If that happens to be a gal that's under my value but they are active, I'm very happy to stay. The keyword is activity.

Last 2 rounds my bp splitted, so after some days we (had to) exile(d). When you then end up (as I did twice in a row) in a gal with all ppl with <250 or even <100 roids that seems a pretty inactive gal with litlle chance to get it to activity. I'll take a bow for the person that manages to turn that into a well performing gal.

I've been in several alliances since rd23 and only the lucky few that are able to coordinate their good exile (by getting their "target gal" to exile 1 or more unwanted planets and then exile themselves in) need only 1 exile. For the rest they need a few exiles to end up in a gal that suits them.

Me personally always have a BP that picks their race/strategy/role to back each other/form a whole; as much as possible with the involved alliances strategies. So I don't consider myself as an "exile-untill-fortress-gal-found"-player. But last round made me almost fully lost intrest in the game after a failing bp, some exiles and ending up in what looked as an active/funny gal but turned to be a gal that doesn't wake you when needed; and no,I'm not a player that goes to bed and only get up when someone wakes me; there's almost no night that passes without me checking for incs/offering defense.

I really hope I'm wrong, but based on my experiences from the last 10 rounds I think the proposed changes to the BP- and exile-system are not good for the following reasons:
- active ppl that endup in an inactive gal have more difficulty/time to find an active gal (this includes galaxies that are disbanded)
- those ppl might loose fun/interest in the game, small chance they quit at all
- ppl that want to endup in fortress gals will still be able by calcing their chance/let target gal exile (described in detail above)

I'm gonna sleep now, still need to prepare some things for tonight and don't want to fall asleep when "the skies are on fire"

Last edited by NitbiT; 31 Dec 2009 at 03:04.
NitbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 08:24   #74
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

This new exiling system or the 1 exile in 24h doesn't really prevent building up fortress gals. Disabling exiling would be the answer to this forcing people to work things out in their galaxy and l33t players to actually play with the n00bs trying to teach them stuff and make them possibly bit more active (Random-Round would also do this). Or the galaxy can dispand (the rule of dispanding could be changed a little). Altho it would make some people to quit (there's so (too?) much emoegos that it makes me feel sick).
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 08:33   #75
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Jesus christ stop "forcing people".

Maybe you should realize that there aren't and there won't be new players in the current form of the game and you don't need to make the game miserable for the few ones still playing.

The attempts to attract new players to the game and make them stay via rule changes are ****ing pathetic.

Let me rephrase once more: the problem doesn't lie in the way new players are handled but in the fact this game is an outdated boring text-based spreadsheet simulation.

Last edited by Hude; 31 Dec 2009 at 08:46.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 08:41   #76
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

i cant see the hassle about the fortress gals.. imo if neone wants to go for it then go :P.. i also agree here that its pointless to force such things that limit the game play for the last 1k ppl still playing PA
Unread 31 Dec 2009, 11:54   #77
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude View Post
Jesus christ stop "forcing people".

Maybe you should realize that there aren't and there won't be new players in the current form of the game and you don't need to make the game miserable for the few ones still playing.

The attempts to attract new players to the game and make them stay via rule changes are ****ing pathetic.

Let me rephrase once more: the problem doesn't lie in the way new players are handled but in the fact this game is an outdated boring text-based spreadsheet simulation.
Instead of forcing you could see it as an opportunity to make new players "fall in love" with the helping and positive community. It's true that game itself has to be some way attractive to get new players to join in, but if it isn't (as you stated) there could and kinda should be other things that makes playing interesting. I wouldn't mind graphics update as imo it would add potential of the game and i could do something if i only had any real skills with graphics and/or coding.
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote