User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Feb 2005, 18:36   #51
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The GD Music Archive

lol i read your name wrong.
correcting...
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Yahwe's Vera post has also been added.

Last edited by Weeks; 18 Feb 2005 at 18:44.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 20:33   #52
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

This is not an album, but if you have the time check out Majandra et RoBERT - le prince bleu d'arthelius. The song is featured on this site. I love the dual parts, and although when you try and listen to the individual voices it sounds like it's all wrong, as a whole this is a great song.
Don't bother checking out anything else of Majandra Delfino because she's shit.
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 21:08   #53
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Rock/Punk

Hot Hot Heat - Make Up The Breakdown - Riding the wave of retropunk with their debut Make Up the Breakdown, Vancouver natives Hot Hot Heat look set to sweep away Canada's reputation for bland beige-pop in a flash flood of jagged riffs, ska-flavoured skips and post modern hits (Amazon.co.uk). Standout songs: Oh Goddammit, Bandages
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 21:31   #54
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliterate
Rock/Punk

Hot Hot Heat - Make Up The Breakdown - Riding the wave of retropunk with their debut Make Up the Breakdown, Vancouver natives Hot Hot Heat look set to sweep away Canada's reputation for bland beige-pop in a flash flood of jagged riffs, ska-flavoured skips and post modern hits (Amazon.co.uk). Standout songs: Oh Goddammit, Bandages
i haven't listened to this in months, but it's a great album and bandages is an orgasm set to music.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 23:11   #55
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rock/Punk (I guess)

The Killers - Hot Fuss - The album opens with raw energy and power in "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine", and then slams into "Mr Brightside" and "Smile Like You Mean It", both top 10 singles. Next on the album is the anthemic "Somebody Told Me", probably my favourite song in the world right now. It never gets old. Their songs are dramatic yet impassioned, while whe synth and echo is very eighties but doesn't sound dated. The catchiest album of the year.
Unread 25 Mar 2005, 22:28   #56
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I can't believe no one has mentioned Apocalyptica yet.

Genre:
Classical Metal ? Heavy classic ? God knows...

Apocalyptica - Reflections - Apocalyptica, metal with chello's. Whoever came up with that combination must have been nuts... or a genius... Although Apocalyptica is better known by their Metallica covers with chello's, this is an album of their own. Most tracks are rather fast-paced but with a classical undertone due to the chello's. In my opnion it would make a great Sound Track for a movie. Listen to the Prologue and No Education on this album to get an idea of their style.
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:57   #57
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Apollo 440 - Dude descending a staircase

A brilliant masterpiece which is the real sequel to 'Electroglide in blue', which songs have been used over and over in movies and the like. Electroglide in blue opened for me the world of music. This sheer brilliance is unimaginable and with Dude descending a staircase, they finally found a good successor, after 2 years of work in their studio.
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 00:16   #58
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Indie Rock n Roll

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Take them on on their own
BRMC is a three man band which combines a great bassguitar with brilliant guitarriffs to produce a massive wall of rock n roll music. Their music relies heavily on improvisations and you notice that during the album. The bridges in some songs like US Goverment and Heart+Soul are songs on their own. I'll add a quote because NME can say it much better then i can...
" In a world where dissenting voices find themselves ever more marginalized, 'Take Them On, On Your Own' proves that it is possible to have something to say, while at the same time making a record that's so exciting, different and brilliantly executed, it will suck the air from your lungs."
copypasted from http://nme.com/reviews/11359.htm which gave the CD a 9/10 score
my personal all time favorite band and record

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2005, 00:24   #59
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

(Dance)-Rock

Kasabian - selftitled
Kasabian make Rock very danceable. Though Kasabian is much much better live then they are on record i would still want to recommand this album. With nice (but simple) drums and a good combination of guitars, vocals and a few samples they made an album which can be used for lounge music when set quietly or as very good dancemusic when played very loud. Interested? You can listen to the whole album and a couple of B-side on http://kasabian.co.uk/nme (this is their official homepage)

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum

Last edited by Rikard; 20 Apr 2005 at 16:12.
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 23:50   #60
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd forgotten about this album until it randomly came on my playlist today

Stereophonics - Word Gets Around This album is quite simply, their best by far - if you hate them for their later stuff it's understandable, but this album is simply excellent. Great Indie tunes with a fantastic rawness you just don't get on their other albums. Great from start to finish, highlights are Thousand Trees, Looks like Chaplin, Local Boy In The Photograph (my personal favourite), Not up to you, check my eyelids for holes and billy davey's daughter.
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 23:58   #61
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
i haven't listened to this in months, but it's a great album and bandages is an orgasm set to music.
Not long til their new album, some time later this month I think?

They were brilliant live, and supported by Franz Ferdinand months before NME found them, and The Fiery Furnaces (who are ace) was an excellent night out. Even if it was in Wolverhampton
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 00:01   #62
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
They were brilliant live
saw them at leeds 03 and i can wholeheartedly verify this.
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 22:25   #63
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Metal Opera

Aina-Days Of Rising Doom - (The name of this "band" could easily be called "Various Artists" as the number of people who contributed to this project is vast. It was produced by Sascha Paeth and Robert Hunecke-Rizzo. The story and lyrics were written by Amanda Somerville. In total over 40 people took part; too many to list here.)
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 11:37   #64
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Jose Gonzalez - Crosses

You can listen to it here http://www.peacefrog.com/ just refresh to page a few times til it gets to it.
________
I inhale vaporizer

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:59.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 12:00   #65
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

The Go! Team- Thunder, Lightening, Strike
Rather good, a very happy album, very catchy and danceable. I can't see how anyone could listen to Ladyflash without wanting to move about
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 12:53   #66
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

JAZZ

Coleman Hawkins - Desafinado

Coleman Hawkins meets Bossa Nova. Hawkins, a giant in Jazz's history, plays this short CD (~ 36 min) on a superb high level. It is fantastic to listen to his sensitive play of his Tenor-Saxophon, combined with the easy going rythm of Latin Jazz. Perfect 'good mood' music.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 15:50   #67
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I'd like to think my music taste has matured a bit further since I last posted, looking back on my vote for The Used's In Love And Death which is really appalling, looking back. Regardless:

Alternate Punk

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

It's rare when a good band such breaks apart and the offspring of the broken bands turn out to be even better. This is the case at hand especially when regarding former At The Drive In members in The Mars Volta. After their magnificent last album (DiTC, which is already in this archive), they have gone one step further, taking on the loss of their band member and good friend head on and conceptually enhancing the beauty of their music. I went to a gig of theirs in brixton academy a month and a bit ago, it was THE best gig I have ever been to, 2-3 hours of mars volta only. Random jam sessions, non-sensical lyrics (they make up words to force their listeners to search deeper for meanings) added with the general theme of punk music in salsa lengths make this album one of the best released in the past few years.
Trial Track: "Miranda, That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore"

Emo

Armor For Sleep - Dream To Make Believe

The band's punchy, up-front guitars and vocals sound perfect, and the clean, spacey sound of the guitar hooks are evident from start to stop on the disc. The singerss consistent hook writing, showcased in songs like The Wanderer's Guild and Being Your Walls especially, is amazing and truly original. Armor For Sleep are the only exponents of magnificent eerie rock sort of music, generally typecast as being emo due to the angst associated with it.
Trial Track: "Being Your Walls"

Armor For Sleep - What To Do When You're Dead

Building on the spacey, atmospheric nature of “Dream To Make-Believe,” the band takes it to the next level on “What To Do When You Are Dead.” The new album starts off with an eerie, spacey intro, but blasts quickly into the catchy, rocking chorus the band has now made apparent in their sound. Lots of heavier, punchier guitars and less clean, spacey guitars have transformed Armor For Sleep into a sort of catchy, dark pop rock band; much catchier and punchier than their first album, but with the classic wave of dark lyrics. Most songs will not throw you or grab your attention by your neck if you were a fan of their debut album (Dream To Make Believe) until you come across "Basement Ghosts Singing" which is eerily perfect and describes this band perfectly.
Trial Track: "Basement Ghosts Singing"

Mae - The Everglow

While I admit that the music isn’t revolutionary, that’s not to say it’s not brilliant. Swooning, delicate pianos, wonderful vocal melodies, and loud, punchy breakdowns and vibrant energy and passion are all evident. Loud, soaring choruses, and a new found energy revive the once mellow, repetitive sound Mae had on their debut. The music on this record is truly beautiful, powerful, and with a certain passion and intimacy a lot of bands are lacking these days. Though rather 'soft' for general rock/indie fans, the beauty portrayed by Mae in their 2nd full release (ignoring their b-side album) is well worth dipping into and embracing.
Trial Track: Painless

Last edited by _ryzekiel_; 24 Apr 2005 at 01:21. Reason: typo's and general grammar corrections
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 22:23   #68
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Btw, how many people have actually gotten some of the music recommended by people here? I've gotten quite some of the music suggested in the punk genres, but only one Indie album sticks to my mind. Admittedly when I initially got Funeral by The Arcade Fire, I wasn't much impressed but a couple of weeks ago, a couple of songs by them re-appeared on my playlist and they've really started to grow on me. So, for whoever recommended them (Phang? or nod? I forget)
Unread 18 May 2005, 17:51   #69
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Speed rock

Peter Pan SpeedRock - Loud Mean Fast and Dirty - Peter pan Speedrock was recently suggested by a colleague of mine, and having listened to them a bit, I must say I love it. It's that typical smokey rock café music, where balding fat men in leathery outfits hang out and play snooker and brag about their "chopper".
Unread 18 May 2005, 18:04   #70
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Rock

Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine - Class act from Toronto. Noise, noise, riffs, noise, sheer awesomeness. Also has one of the strongest middle sections of any album ever.
Unread 18 May 2005, 18:35   #71
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Admittedly when I initially got Funeral by The Arcade Fire, I wasn't much impressed but a couple of weeks ago, a couple of songs by them re-appeared on my playlist and they've really started to grow on me. So, for whoever recommended them (Phang? or nod? I forget)
I just acquired this album and agree. Wake Up is a great song in my opinion.
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:09   #72
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Rock

Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine - Class act from Toronto. Noise, noise, riffs, noise, sheer awesomeness. Also has one of the strongest middle sections of any album ever.
My ex-girlfriend interviewed them. Saw them live... Average i thought but original nonetheless.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:40   #73
jerome

Indie / Emo / Post-Hardcore Punk

Circa Survive - Juturna

It's safe to say Anthony Green has one of the best voices in these days of post-hardcore punk, but he has used it to an astounding level of perfection in this record. The control he holds over his voice has a sort of darkness that makes you want to sit back and fall victim to hallucination. The cathartic rock played by Circa Survive, which is not as hard as Saosin was, but technically perfect.
Check out a few of their songs at http://www.purevolume.com/circasurvive

Last edited by _ryzekiel_; 31 May 2005 at 01:53.
Unread 18 May 2005, 19:57   #74
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Pop-punk

The Living End - The Living End - a Great album but the best tracks if you are looking for something to sample are "Growing Up" and "Prisoner of Society"
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 15:05   #75
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Tom Vek - CC
________
Wellbutrin lawsuits

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 07:03.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 16:16   #76
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Indie/Melodic Rock (please help me categorise this)
Feeder - Pushing The Senses
People spoke of Echo Park and Comfort in Sound but this beats both of them combined. Containing 10 tracks, the record is the bands most ambitious and accomplished to date with the amazing song writing and engaging melodies the band are known for, reaching a higher level than previously achieved. You can seriously enjoy listening to this track after track... a bit like Blink 182's Take off your Pants & Jacket (although they both don't sound the same). Tracks to listen to: Bitter Glass and This Morning.

Nu Metal
System of a Down - Steal This Album!
This album features 16 tracks whose roots go back as far as before the group signed their 1995 contract with American, and as recent as the 2001 'Toxicity' sessions. Probably one of the best unreleased songs album around. Tracks to listen to: Innervision and F*ck The System.

Nu-Metal
System of a Down - Toxicity

'Toxicity' offers fourteen brand new songs written by the band that explore socio-political themes, serial killer Charles Manson's point-of-view on the environment, cocaine-addled groupies, and much more besides. More melodic and heavier than their acclaimed debut, 'Toxicity' embraces the band members' diverse musical influences which include Slayer, the Beatles and the Smiths. As vocalist Serj Tankian says 'certain points are more classic, though I don't mean in the sense of classic rock. The heavy is really heavy, and the mellow goes to some beautiful places'. An album worth having in your collection of CDs. Tracks to listen to: Chop Suey and Toxicity.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.

Last edited by Blastoderm; 24 Jun 2005 at 22:12.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 16:50   #77
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
People spoke of Echo Park and Comfort in Sound but this beats both of them combined. Containing 10 tracks, the record is the bands most ambitious and accomplished to date with the amazing song writing and engaging melodies the band are known for, reaching a higher level than previously achieved. You can seriously enjoy listening to this track after track... a bit like Blink 182's Take off your Pants & Jacket (although they both don't sound the same).
I disagree with this big time, I found this album extremely dull (a mate of mine found it so boring he threw it in the bin after 6 tracks then sold it on) - Feeder (although I like their older stuff) are not the best lyrically and without any energy in their songs really don't work - the 'coldplay' type route really doesn't suit them.

Unread 24 Jun 2005, 22:13   #78
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I disagree with this big time, I found this album extremely dull (a mate of mine found it so boring he threw it in the bin after 6 tracks then sold it on) - Feeder (although I like their older stuff) are not the best lyrically and without any energy in their songs really don't work - the 'coldplay' type route really doesn't suit them.

It's your opinion dude. I like it.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 22:20   #79
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

Although this makes feeder sound shit, I agree with you, pushing the senses wasn't as good as comfort in sound, but then again, imo not many albums are

Edit: Anyone mentioned razorlight yet?

Last edited by Cannon_Fodder; 24 Jun 2005 at 22:39.
Cannon_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 21:15   #80
jerome

Progressive Rock

The Sound Of Animals Fighting - The Tiger And The Duke

The Sound of Animals Fighting is a progressive rock side project of several members of Finch, Rx Bandits frontman Matt Embree and ex-Saosin vocalist Anthony Green, now with Circa Survive, along with several other unknown artists, all organized by former vocalist and trombone player for the Rx Bandits, Rich Balling.

Largely the result of a desire on the part of Balling to work with Anthony Green(vocals), who he views as one of the greatest talents in indie rock, Tiger & the Duke was actually recorded by different artists at different times, with the entirety of the recording being done with the musicians themselves never meeting. In that sense, the album is entirely improvised, even the vocals. Dabbling in electronica, hardcore and progressive rock.

The end result is an absolutely magnificent work of symphonic opera of progressive rock - featuring 5 interludes in-between the main 4 "Acts" or rather tracks, within the album. A must for prog-rock fans.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 00:59   #81
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Rock/Pop or Rock (not sure where it best fits)

Temple Of The Dog - Temple Of The Dog

Originally, this album started out as a couple of songs written by Chris Cornell as an outlet for his grief at the death of Andy Wood, a close friend of his and lead singer of Mother Love Bone. Cornell asked the former MLB band members to record the songs with. The sessions eventually grew into The Temple Of The Dog project and ended up recruiting Eddie Vedder as a potential frontman. The album is very strong from the start with the first two tracks being the songs written by Cornell in tribute to his friend. If you like Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, you'll probably like this. Songs to definatly listen to are: Say Hello 2 Heaven, Reach Down, Hunger Strike and Wooden Jesus

source of history: www.reachdown.com
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 01:46   #82
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Decemberists - Picaresque (indie rock)

There hasnt been much new music I've liked this year, but this is probably my favourite album so far. It has an almost retro sound, reminiscant of mid-90s indie bands yet managing to be a lot better than the music from this period actually was.

Songs to check out: 16 Military Wives, Eli the Barrowboy, Infanta
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 02:18   #83
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Iron and Wine - Woman King (neo-folk)

Not an album, but an EP. Relaxing and beautiful, a mixture of traditional folk music and modern instrumentation. I generally have a strong dislike of folk and country music so I wasnt expecting to like this and it took me completely by surprise. I'd recommend checking it out , regardless of whether its the sort of thing you normally listen to.

Songs to check out: Woman King, Jezebel.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 02:55   #84
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
People spoke of Echo Park and Comfort in Sound but this beats both of them combined. Containing 10 tracks, the record is the bands most ambitious and accomplished to date with the amazing song writing and engaging melodies the band are known for, reaching a higher level than previously achieved. You can seriously enjoy listening to this track after track... a bit like Blink 182's Take off your Pants & Jacket (although they both don't sound the same). Tracks to listen to: Bitter Glass and This Morning.

Nu Metal
System of a Down - Steal This Album!
This album features 16 tracks whose roots go back as far as before the group signed their 1995 contract with American, and as recent as the 2001 'Toxicity' sessions. Probably one of the best unreleased songs album around. Tracks to listen to: Innervision and F*ck The System.

Nu-Metal
System of a Down - Toxicity

'Toxicity' offers fourteen brand new songs written by the band that explore socio-political themes, serial killer Charles Manson's point-of-view on the environment, cocaine-addled groupies, and much more besides. More melodic and heavier than their acclaimed debut, 'Toxicity' embraces the band members' diverse musical influences which include Slayer, the Beatles and the Smiths. As vocalist Serj Tankian says 'certain points are more classic, though I don't mean in the sense of classic rock. The heavy is really heavy, and the mellow goes to some beautiful places'. An album worth having in your collection of CDs. Tracks to listen to: Chop Suey and Toxicity.
Personally, i really love toxicity, but was quite dissapointed by STA. I would suggest if you buy one then go for toxicity first, far better imo.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 06:11   #85
jerome

Both of nod's suggestions are pretty amazing btw. I have no idea why I hadn't posted Picaresque in here earlier.
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 11:04   #86
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Sons and Daughters - Love The Cup (probably closest to Indie) Amazon link here
Debut EP from Glasgwegian folk/post-punk outfit, and absolutely fantastic it is too. Fight, Johnny Cash and Blood are all fantastic tracks by any standard and everyone should at least give them a go.

Sons and Daughters - The Repulsion Box (still probably Indie) Amazon Link Here
and the subsequent album, released last month. Standouts are Medicine, first single Dance Me In, and Taste The Last Girl. The album is far more polished and more rhythmic than the EP - the pounding big tom that has made so many songs fantastic over the years is present all through, but with enough melodic variation that it isn't repetitive. Best album of 2005, and that's in a year that's already had new releases from SOAD, the White Stripes, LCD Soundsystem, the Kaiser Chiefs and of course...

Final Fantasy - Has A Good Home (Indie) Amazon Link Here
The best violin-based artist currently recording, Owen Pallett has worked with the Hidden Cameras, Patrick Wolf, Les Mouches, and frequently with the Arcade Fire. Indeed, he prides himself on having a career based on side projects. Has A Good Home is his first solo release and it's a winner. Highlights are The CN Tower Belongs To The Dead, This Is The Dream of Win And Regine, and That's When The Audience Died.
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:43   #87
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

**** that just use soulseek guys.. music is already put together in groups and folders for you when you download them ie MetallicA master puppets is one folder all songs in order when you download them!!! its friggin sweet!
Unread 3 Jul 2005, 23:50   #88
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

can we nail this one for advertising if not terminal stupidity?
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 00:53   #89
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
**** that just use soulseek guys.. music is already put together in groups and folders for you when you download them ie MetallicA master puppets is one folder all songs in order when you download them!!! its friggin sweet!

I hope you keep on posting, we need mundane things here like pointing and laughing at retards.

Last edited by SilverSmoke; 4 Jul 2005 at 23:32.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 20:08   #90
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
The Go! Team- Thunder, Lightening, Strike
Rather good, a very happy album, very catchy and danceable. I can't see how anyone could listen to Ladyflash without wanting to move about
i never saw this post.

Absolutely agree, been listening to it on and off for six months now, it's fantastic
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 12:04   #91
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Metal Opera
Nightwish - Tales from the Elvenpath
Opera with some heavy riffs and powerchords. Songs to look out for would be 'Bless the Child' and 'Over the Hills and Far Away'. The guy who writesthese songs won't say what they're about, because they have special sentimental value.

Lounge Rock
Richard Cheese - Tuxicity et al
Quote from his site (iloverichardcheese.com): " Lounge singer Richard Cheese performs swingin' Vegas versions of rock, rap, and Top40 hits, turning contemporary songs into traditional pop vocal standards. With his swanky jazz trio, his tiger-striped tuxedo, and his enormous microphone, it's the perfect mix of music, martini, and madcap." He's really good at what he does, songs like Chop Suey and Creep are excellent examples of what he can do.
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 17:25   #92
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
Metal Opera
Nightwish - Tales from the Elvenpath
Opera with some heavy riffs and powerchords. Songs to look out for would be 'Bless the Child' and 'Over the Hills and Far Away'. The guy who writes these songs won't say what they're about, because they have special sentimental value.
OTHAFA is about someone having an affair with their best friend's wife and being framed for robbery and shipped off to prison, they don't exactly cloud this in metaphor. observe.

Plus isn't it supposed to be a Norwegian folk song anyway?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 18:17   #93
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Plus isn't it supposed to be a Norwegian folk song anyway?
They're Finnish Dont know about the folk song part though.
Bless the Child and Dead Boy's Poem both speak of an "Ocean Soul", any ideas what that one means?
Unread 11 Jul 2005, 21:59   #94
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

I miss me on that start thread :|

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2005, 21:37   #95
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Hip Hop

Common Sense - Resurrection
If it is all about chillin' and relaxin' trust me Common is your man and this dude is not about bling-bling or some gangster shit. It is incredible how smooth he handles the soul and jazz-influenced beats with his variable flow. Really i would like to tell you how immense clever his raps are, but i only understand a fifth of them. But i can say his word combinations and his changes from fast to slow (and the other way around) rapping belong to the best of what hip hop delivers. In 1994 many of todays known rappers made their breakthrough with their first LPs (ie. Nas, Notorious B.I.G.) and although this was Common's 2nd album you'll realize how special it is when you listen to such songs as "Resurrection", "I Used To Love H.E.R." (great song about the evolution of rap) "Nuthin' To Do" or "Communism".

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 20:44   #96
jerome

Indie(/"Emo")

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans

Like most Death Cab fans, my biggest fear was that this record would be 12 shitty rip offs of “The Sound Of Settling,” which would guarantee them huge album sales and the loss of almost all of their current fans (but hey, who doesn’t love playing to thousands of screaming pre-pubescent girls every night?) Instead, Death Cab have delivered their most fully realized album to date. Instead of taking the easy road and making an album full of solid gold pop songs, Death Cab For Cutie chose to trust their instincts and write a record as if they’d never signed to a major label. They have continued their tradition of besting themselves with each new album and releasing music that grows on you with each listen. This is easily one of the most beautiful records I have ever heard and it is sure to be one of the year’s best.
Unread 14 Aug 2005, 20:53   #97
jerome

Post-Hardcore/Emo

Emery - The Question

The two lead singers here really both bring a set of pipes to the table, with the main voice sounding evocative of Geoff Rickly(Thursday). The screaming is not the best, but definitely of high caliber and well suited to the music. In terms of track highlights, “Studying Politics,” is an early runner up for song of the year, possessing an energy that just pulses through your veins and stirs your heart. “So Cold I Can See My Breath,” is a grasping blockbuster opening track, and the sinfully infectious “Playing with Fire,” makes for a formidable one-two punch. “Listening to Freddy Mercury,” and “In a Lose, Lose Situation,” are also notably terrific.
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 00:12   #98
jerome

Out of pure curiosity, how many people get put off by the 'emo' tag ?
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 11:46   #99
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The GD Music Archive

I don't know what most genre names actually refer to these days. People seem to have a penchant for inventing genres for the sake of them. This just leads to confusion.

I have no idea what emo means in terms of musical style.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 14:46   #100
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I've got a new one for you: Drill 'n' Bass.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote