User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Jan 2006, 19:25   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Something related to drugs (of some sort)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4615415.stm

My dad used to eat this with his Somalian colleagues back in his old days and he said it had more or less the same effect as smoking weed. You'd just be high.

Why propose a complete ban when there are positive outcomes from it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3845635.stm)?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 19:27   #2
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Something related to drugs (of some sort)

Because drugs are evil and the planet is over-populated.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 20:34   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4615415.stm

My dad used to eat this with his Somalian colleagues back in his old days and he said it had more or less the same effect as smoking weed. You'd just be high.

Why propose a complete ban when there are positive outcomes from it (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3845635.stm)?
There are numerous positive outcomes from taking almost any (or maybe all) major recreational drugs. Drugs policy doesn't make sense, the sooner you accept this the better. Then we can all worry about changing it
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 21:09   #4
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Clearly, being more like Somalia should be a priority for British society.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 22:51   #5
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
There are numerous positive outcomes from taking almost any (or maybe all) major recreational drugs. Drugs policy doesn't make sense, the sooner you accept this the better. Then we can all worry about changing it
I'm sensing a slight bias here...
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 22:53   #6
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Yes better keep trying to be like America.*

*That's right I went there
Which part?

Disneyland?

Washington DC?
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:02   #7
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
As it happens I was in New Yoik in September, although randomly I wasn't shot or mugged in Central Park as I had expected. A cop did have a go at me though.
Did you go to Hell's Kitchen and the Bronx? I heard it's rough.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:16   #8
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
No but I can confirm that the UN building is a total dive.
That's going down on my list of "Places to see" when I set foot to NYC.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:22   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
I'm sensing a slight bias here...
I thought it was blasto saying this at first and was going to ask if he was biased against racism. As its you and I don't know enough about you to say such things just assume I said a statement with the same meaning.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:23   #10
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
I thought it was blasto saying this at first and was going to ask if he was biased against racism.
I'm confused....
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:27   #11
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Just due to the fact that current drug policy is just as self evidently wrong as racism.

But if you wouldnt have got it im glad i didnt say it to you, then i would have had to explain it

oh

Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:31   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Just due to the fact that current drug policy is just as self evidently wrong as racism.
arguments which lack any evidence or logical construction are in fact beliefs.

I respect your right to hold irrational beliefs as much as i accept someone's right to be religious.

BUT do stop going on and on about your rediculous beliefs all the ****ing time.

(fanatics and zealots end up on burning pyres ...)
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:32   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

but they die glorious deaths!
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:33   #14
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

may you be similarly honoured ASAP then!
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:36   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

did going to london make you meaner?

uncalled for, surely
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:56   #16
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
fanatics and zealots end up on burning pyres ...
or here
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 02:26   #17
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
Zing!
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 02:30   #18
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As it happens I was in New Yoik in September, although randomly I wasn't shot or mugged in Central Park as I had expected. A cop did have a go at me though.
When you dress like a maid is it as an English maid or a French maid.

If it is as a French maid then obviously the cop would sense the French undercurrent to your personality and react to it.

However, if you dress as a proper English maid, I can only apologize for his actions as they are not understandable in the least.

Last edited by dda; 6 Jan 2006 at 02:31. Reason: damn spelling errors
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 02:34   #19
Yahwe
I am.

An English (British) maid would mean over 50, no visable flesh below the neck and an attitude that your employer doesn't deserve the things he owns and really they belong to you and the poor dear needs looking after because he must be a bit simple. (not that I object to such a description, but battle axes they all are)

A French maid is pure sex.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 06:01   #20
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Prohibition doesnt work. As soon as you ban something all that happens is it goes underground.

Quality goes down and price goes up. Along with these things the people who deal in prohibited goods are generally not the sort of people who you want to invite round your house for a spot of afternoon tea.

So if a government bans somthing such as this all they succed in doing is making people do it less overtly and make them deal with people who are essentually criminals.

In my opinion all drugs should be legal and on the open market with strict controls on quality. Along with strict rules on educating people on their effects. At the moment if people want to take any sort of drug its no problem to get on the whole but instead of getting pure heroin/cocain they get shit mixed with bakeing powder and all sorts of other nasty crap. People die and get hooked on other drugs just because the governments of the western world are too stupid to realise that them banning things really has no good effects on sociaty.

I could right a huge essey on the subject and still might but for the moment this will have to do.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 17:51   #21
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

<3
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 18:20   #22
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

oh shit deepflow found a friend!
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 18:38   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

To be fair a lot of people on this board think the same, only deeplflow thinks it because he wants to do his thing legally (and wants cheap pure drugs), and others think it for more logical reasons.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:00   #24
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
Prohibition doesnt work. As soon as you ban something all that happens is it goes underground.

Quality goes down and price goes up. Along with these things the people who deal in prohibited goods are generally not the sort of people who you want to invite round your house for a spot of afternoon tea.

So if a government bans somthing such as this all they succed in doing is making people do it less overtly and make them deal with people who are essentually criminals.

In my opinion all drugs should be legal and on the open market with strict controls on quality. Along with strict rules on educating people on their effects. At the moment if people want to take any sort of drug its no problem to get on the whole but instead of getting pure heroin/cocain they get shit mixed with bakeing powder and all sorts of other nasty crap. People die and get hooked on other drugs just because the governments of the western world are too stupid to realise that them banning things really has no good effects on sociaty.

I could right a huge essey on the subject and still might but for the moment this will have to do.
You've given lots of very good reasons why legalising drugs would be good for drug addicts, but I rather suspect it's not drug addicts you have to persuade.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:17   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
To be fair a lot of people on this board think the same, only deeplflow thinks it because he wants to do his thing legally (and wants cheap pure drugs), and others think it for more logical reasons.
I think I've expressed that I think it for logical reasons as well many times in many threads, I just don't normally bother any more because its the same arguments with the same people again and again.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 19:54   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Yes prohibition has problems, but I don't see letting a child* go to a store on his/her walk** back from school*** and coming home utterly trashed ( thats if they get home or even get to school*** in the first place) is a step forward.

*or adult
**or journey
***work
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 20:31   #27
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

but schools are the best place to score drugs atm, surely its better to have some restriction on the quality that people get, and making sure that people who are too young don't get it, don't.

I personally think that what an adult does in his or her own time is their own buisness, as long as it doesn't affect my rights or those of the people around me.
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 22:42   #28
dda
USS Oklahoma

I don't think that the real quesstion on drugs is whether there should be restrictions on them. There should be. Just as there are restrictions on alcohol and tobacco. The real question should be what restrictions make sense and would promote or protect those interests which are the reasonable interests of society.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 10:45   #29
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
You've given lots of very good reasons why legalising drugs would be good for drug addicts, but I rather suspect it's not drug addicts you have to persuade.
Drug laws affect drug users and generally have no bearing on other facets of sociaty

People are always going to use drugs and some people abuse them but at leaste if they were legal you could have some control over them ware as now its all on the black market and noone can control anything
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 11:16   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I don't think that the real quesstion on drugs is whether there should be restrictions on them. There should be. Just as there are restrictions on alcohol and tobacco. The real question should be what restrictions make sense and would promote or protect those interests which are the reasonable interests of society.
I fail to see how that advances the discussion.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 11:50   #31
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Yes prohibition has problems, but I don't see letting a child* go to a store on his/her walk** back from school*** and coming home utterly trashed ( thats if they get home or even get to school*** in the first place) is a step forward.

*or adult
**or journey
***work
If someone wants to get trashed, they will, it's been proven again and again impossible to stop. You might as well make sure people do it safely and tax it to buggery, obviously there would be age restrictions, things which do not currently exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire_Lestat
but schools are the best place to score drugs atm
???

I never found this anyway, I guess I went to the wrong school
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 12:15   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

could you sneak any out of work?
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 12:25   #33
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Thanks for shattering my illusions
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 12:31   #34
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

Quote:
I always wonder how people know where to get illicit goods, I don't even know where to get decent porn on the web.

So given that everyone seems to have their finger on the pulse if I wanted to score some weapons grade plutonium, where would be a good place to try?
I've sometimes wondered the same, (about drugs, not the plutonium or porn). A few years ago I knew several people I could call or if I saw them down the pub I could get various drugs from them. How I met these people I am no longer sure, friends of friends, dealers of friends, chance people coming up asking if I wanted anything that I kept in contact with.
Nowadays I don't buy as many drugs, and a lot of the people I used to go to have retired or been arrested yet it is still fairly easy to speak to a friend and find someone. Other times I will be at a party and someone will ask if I want anything. I suppose it might just be the social circle I inhabit.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 13:06   #35
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't even know where to get decent porn on the web.
You cannot be serious. There's loads of the stuff just waiting to be scored. BitTorrent is your friend...or just pm me.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 13:58   #36
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Drug laws affect drug users and generally have no bearing on other facets of sociaty
Unfortunately for you, society seems to disagree.

Quote:
People are always going to use drugs and some people abuse them but at leaste if they were legal you could have some control over them ware as now its all on the black market and noone can control anything
Yes, because legalising things means the Government has complete control over their use. That's why we have absolutely no alcohol-related problems at the moment.

(Oh, and just so you know, "people will always break law X so we should remove it" is a pretty rubbish argument.)
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:09   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Yes, because legalising things means the Government has complete control over their use. That's why we have absolutely no alcohol-related problems at the moment.
He said "some" control, not complete control. Which seems a reasonable enough point both directly and indirectly. Now the only people to sell (illegal) drugs are, by definition, criminals. Criminals tend to (on average) have less regard for health & safety when compared to "legitimate" companies for example so you are going to have more problems with impure supplies, unhygenic production facilities, etc. We certainly have major problems with alcohol, but it is rare for people to be randomly poisoned by their ale.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 14:26   #38
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
He said "some" control, not complete control. Which seems a reasonable enough point both directly and indirectly. Now the only people to sell (illegal) drugs are, by definition, criminals. .
To add to this, one of the points that seems to often get made to me is that buying drugs is evil as it helps support organised crime. Legalisation would help prevent this as obviously then they won't be receiving money from drug sales. Instead this money can go to the government. I suppose this will also have the effect of reducing the drug gun crime which if you believe the papers is rampant as well as I imagine cutting down on the number of beatings being suffered for non payment.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 17:07   #39
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
He said "some" control, not complete control. Which seems a reasonable enough point both directly and indirectly. Now the only people to sell (illegal) drugs are, by definition, criminals. Criminals tend to (on average) have less regard for health & safety when compared to "legitimate" companies for example so you are going to have more problems with impure supplies, unhygenic production facilities, etc. We certainly have major problems with alcohol, but it is rare for people to be randomly poisoned by their ale.
Yes, but again that's merely an argument why legalisation would be good for current drug users.

It seems to me that the main problem legalisation proponents have to overcome is that there are undoubtedly people who would take drugs if they were legal but don't at the moment because they don't want to break the law (or are afraid of being punished, or whatever). As society seems to take the view that taking drugs is a generally bad thing to do regardless of the law (and I'm making no comment on the validity of this belief), it's unlikely to take any action that will undoubtedly increase their use purely on the basis that it would be good for those already taking them, as society generally doesn't care a great deal about those who refuse to obey the law.

Thus, basing any argument on the benefit to those already taking drugs is just going to get you ignored. (I suspect it comes up so much because such arguments are the reason drug users want legalisation, and most people find it difficult to distinguish the reasons they want something and the argument they must put forward if they want to expect other people to want it, but you can't expect to society to do something purely because drug users think it's a good idea.) If you want them to be legalised, concentrate on showing that they are (a) completely safe and (b) not detrimental to society at large (rather than just taking both as a given, which is not going to persuade anyone), because unless the general public is convinced of these two facts they're never going to be legalised.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 18:37   #40
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
The main being, that you as a person will have the right to take drugs if you wish to do so.
Again, this isn't going to persuade anyone. As I keep saying, most of society does not just not want to take drugs but does not want other people to take drugs either, and so unless you can come up with some actual reasons why it would benefit both Mr and Mrs Suburbia and the country at large no one's ever going to take you seriously.

Now, there obviously are arguments of this nature (the ability to tax them, for one, and I suspect if people could take drugs they might be less likely to get violently drunk and kick people to death on a Friday night, which would have to be a good thing), but everyone here seems highly reluctant to give any of them, instead either giving reasons that will only persuade those already persuaded or sticking to the staple "civil liberties blah blah blah"-type arguments that 95% of the non-internet-using population couldn't care less about.