User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Feb 2008, 11:05   #51
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Your Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
The moving back isn't such a bad thing, losing $50k on the house we bought (we got bum information on our Green Card application) most definitely is.

If you have to move back then keep your house, rent it out and sell it on again when the market starts to pick up again. Well if you can afford to do so (i.e. you don't need the money from your current house for the deposit for the next which come to think of it is probably unlikely).
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 14:39   #52
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That unfortunately doesn't solve the problem of being paid at work. The validity of my SSN runs out in six months as well...

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 14:48   #53
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
If you have to move back then keep your house, rent it out and sell it on again when the market starts to pick up again. Well if you can afford to do so (i.e. you don't need the money from your current house for the deposit for the next which come to think of it is probably unlikely).
We have a second house in the UK we're in the process of selling. No problems for deposit.

Renting it out will be a shortfall of ~$600 a month for every month (Mortgage + Insurance + Fees + Property Tax + etc.) we rent it. Given the current state of the property market, that's a fair old chunk of change to divvy up every month.

It worked in the UK, we covered mortgages of both houses with rental money, seems like teh market in teh US isn;t quite as bouyant, rental-wise, which is a surprise, since banks aren't handing out mortgages any more, the market is in flux, you would think people would take the less risky option of renting.

Unread 29 Feb 2008, 16:36   #54
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Burn it down?

Claim insurance?

Blame it on blacks?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 16:38   #55
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
That unfortunately doesn't solve the problem of being paid at work. The validity of my SSN runs out in six months as well...

I didn't even consider that. I just reckoned you'd be able to get a job back here easy enough. Employees of your considerable (millennia long) experience should be snapped up what what.
Unread 29 Feb 2008, 17:01   #56
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

I can get a job back here lickety-split.

The trouble is, I'll need an extra $4k a year (IF I rent it) just to cover expenses on a house I don't live in that might continue to depreciate.

Unread 29 Feb 2008, 18:06   #57
You Are Gay

Quote:
I can get a job back here lickety-split.

The trouble is, I'll need an extra $4k a year (IF I rent it) just to cover expenses on a house I don't live in that might continue to depreciate.

Your call Pops. Saying that thought, how much equity does that $4k a year you'd be paying buy you? You don't need to answer, i was just trying to think from your point of view. You've probably considered all the pros and cons of the financial situation anyway so, you know, i'll probably just shut up now.