User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:12   #101
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Re: By the skin of our teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
You guys all look sad.
Thanks again for all of you that manage to kill the enjoyment some player have.

This is again my own personal and SAD view.
Treating FAnGer this way, just show how all hypocrite you are.
For once some of you are in the winning side and that time to start to whine about us being the evil.

lol, i doubt you really believe that yourself.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:23   #102
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

If someone were to ask me to sum up what happens most rounds, i would tell them to read this thread. It is absolutely typical - the only thing that isn't typical is that someone hasn't accused fpm of hacking/having bots/cheating somehow.

I agreed with Sid in r5 and i agree with the top alliances now, to split apart so many of their own galaxies and cause havoc not only between galmates but within the alliance (through experience you get alot of mixed opinions, those who will defend their galaxy at all costs and those that remain loyal to their alliance at all costs) would be devastating and simply stupid, and it would ruin the game for many of their members whos interest they have at heart.

However it is my opinion that all rounds should be every alliance for themself, what better way is there to really see which ally is best than to quite simply NOT ally anyone? What then happens is some person will want a tad advantage, so they will NAP someone. Then someone on the other side will see that, and ally someone etc. Before long you're back to blocks again. If an alliance chooses not to follow this cycle, and to remain on their own despite what other alliances are doing, then they are largely disadvantaged (as we can see from ND). I do NOT believe that it was a couragous thing for ND to do, i think it was a stupid thing to do. As much as i'd like to see alliances fighting for themselves, once some alliances join all may aswell join. If you can't have a battle between alliances, may as well attempt to make the teams fair.

To the whiners - it is unfortunate that you are not as skilled as the opposition, or that you haven't got as many or as skilled friends as the opposition, but that is utterly down to you. If an alliance is unbeatable then they deserve to win, if not - learn how to beat them.

Finally i think all this comparison to playground bullies is pathetic. Those advantaged in the playground are advantaged by being particularly strong or large (usually both), which noone could help. In planetarion if you lose, you lose because your side is weaker. If your side is weaker it is your responsibility to make it stronger - something easily done. Resolving matters with playground bullies aren't so simple or easy to do.

Once again i remember why i never post on the forums, takes me too long to write what i think and now it's been written i've lost all interest in the matter.
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:41   #103
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:54   #104
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

ewll - i really believe in what i wrote
every round the same scenario start
the looser whine against the wining blocks.
they always say - booo we are small and you are big.
well every started the round with equal roids and score, the fact that we are bigger is what the whole game is based on, WAR and roiding to get more power and be bigger and then have more fleet to roid more and more.
if there is no winner, so why do we play then?

and tbh? i dont get you, you want FPM break the block, which mean to destroy the fun of 250 player for the joy of another 500 active players,i dont get you.

And another note, mistu and phraktos are new alliance rising and FAnG is restructured and rebuilt from ashes from round10.5, you dont expect us to break organized galaxies and see our member leaving because we backstabbed each other and compromised 1.5 months of work and roidage and maybe 3-4 months of HC work on the alliance before the round.

i really dont get you.
and about the fencsitting, i do remember WP/ND and mostly lot of alliance asking me to put their people in our gals. why? i dont get you again.
WP asking both block to get their member in galaxies and ND asking me,
i never understood why we would do that, as i always stated to put only allies there, and no neutral.

but again - this is only my PERSONAL view.
stop destroying the fun of members coz they worked hard for it.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:10   #105
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

i really dont get you.
and about the fencsitting, i do remember WP/ND and mostly lot of alliance asking me to put their people in our gals. why? i dont get you again.
i never understood why we would do that, as i always stated to put only allies there, and no neutral.
why didnt you reject them then ?

are you that stupid - its really lying on the hand what happens if you share gals with 7 out of 10 alliances which are playing half serious....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:29   #106
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

well myself - i never putted anyone else there.
i ve been putting all the member together and at the end - some member that came at the very last minute got themselves sorted in unfinished gal with people i dont know, they did that just to get an occastion to play.
for the spirit of playing.
But basically i never putted attentionally any one other FPM in the main galaxies.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:48   #107
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviUK
i rather suspect it's an expectation based on a few previous rounds (such as r6 when FoS and XeTa seperated and r9 when WEET split etc)
well, seeing as FoS and XeTa were completely seperate blocks, then i should expect them to split, as they only had a NAP to kill off FLTV anyway afaik...

tbh, the WEET split didnt really make an new war, it was just another WEET vs NAR situation, it must have lasted, what, 3 days because of all the ppl who jumped ship from WE to ET
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 22:06   #108
LeviUK
Galley Slave

LeviUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
well, seeing as FoS and XeTa were completely seperate blocks, then i should expect them to split, as they only had a NAP to kill off FLTV anyway afaik...
The effect was the same, they did their job side by side as a single entity focussing on elimating the previous round's winners and friends before splitting into two distinct and seperate entities.

Quote:
tbh, the WEET split didnt really make an new war, it was just another WEET vs NAR situation, it must have lasted, what, 3 days because of all the ppl who jumped ship from WE to ET
Well, true, the ship-jumping did make a difference and without that and if they'd split a little earlier, the round would have been enjoyed by a lot more people rather than the dull stagnation that did occur.. which may be repeated this round.

Planetarion Amateur since round 4.
LeviUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 22:18   #109
Hector

Hector is an unknown quantity at this point

How boring.

But it won't be for too much longer I think. I received a PAMail lately asking me to recall from a defence I was making. I was (apparently) in violation of an alliance agreement. I arbyed the co-ords and saw they were Phraktos. Joy.

I went to #Phraktos to explain that the person under attack was a new recruit to our alliance and to add him to their arbiter. To prevent further unfortunate misunderstandings. I spoke to Dogs and we were chatting away for several minutes. He was quite polite, and said that he would of course message his pe0n (my words, not his) to recall.

Unfortunately he couldn't help with adding to the arbiter. The only list he had access to was the list of FAnG planets. Who apparently weren't on the arbiter.....

But then I guess it's easier to delete a txt file than remove 100 planets from your arby. Should things ever turn, erm, unfriendly. Personally, I can't wait. This round still has potential

p.s. On a personal note Rumad. I can forgive the imperfect English of non-native speakers on AD. Your spelling and grammar, however, is appalling considering you actually live in the country that invented the language. Given I know you're not stupid, could you please proofread before you post? It's hard to take the ideas of someone with the spelling ability of my 11 year old brother seriously.
Hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 22:28   #110
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
i really dont get you.

but again - this is only my PERSONAL view.
stop destroying the fun of members coz they worked hard for it.
Isn't it normal we'd try and get a few of our members in if we start the round hostile towards your number one opponent Elysium?
That and the fact that our alliances have a lot of members that know each other makes it a pretty normal thing that we'll end up having a few mutual galaxies.
This has got nothing to do with fencesitting, we let our members chose their galaxies mainly.
We do advise them about what we think would be the ideal situation for them and we provide with allied galaxies if they ask us, but in the end it's upto them, they just have to face the consequences if they don't follow our advise.

ND has never done any fencesitting, not in any round, from round 1 till now and that I can tell u cause I've been there all the time almost. We always have gone for the action and mostly we took the hard way, not the easy way.
So if u say ND are fencesitters that's really making u look like an ass, cause it's based on nothing.
I think u can ask most alliance HC (even ur own) or people that know our history about that.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 22:35   #111
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
p.s. On a personal note Rumad. I can forgive the imperfect English of non-native speakers on AD. Your spelling and grammar, however, is appalling considering you actually live in the country that invented the language. Given I know you're not stupid, could you please proofread before you post? It's hard to take the ideas of someone with the spelling ability of my 11 year old brother seriously.
I LOLd
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 22:47   #112
Mouse

I find it quite amusing that a block that controls one twelth of the entire universe counting the farms n00bs and inactives can make any kind of relation to skill to explain why they are #1 2 and 4 alliance. Forgot to metion that they are NAPed with #3 too make their total # of non hostile planets close in on one 8th of the universe.

Just for fun I added the scores of FAnG Phraktos WP and MISTU since you guys are such good friends now.
fpm&wp / total universe score = 3,2
that alone should make atleast some of the more awake fpm'ers to realize that something is terribly wrong. When you guys still aren't attacking eachother and not even WP that quote "your only naped to cus of phraktos" (kick out phraktos and roid them and get WP in on the bargin. (come to think of it... I got WP in my gal so if it's not terrible inconvinient you can forgo us... anyway) Now WP and phraktos combined are a bit bigger then FAnG and MISTU so not sure if you guys should even try that seeing how you guys prefer to rely on numbers to make it the sure thing. However if you want to have some fun you might wanna consider something along theese ways.

Here's a little pointer for you guys when you make your decition. Phraktos and WP have a little over a 7th of the roids in the universe, but FAnG and MISTU still have a bigger portion (barly) if one side takes the other then you get aprox a quarter of the universal roids, and you'll be able to rest just as comfortable as you are now.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 22:52   #113
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse
<3
*stew nods to show agreement
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 23:01   #114
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

This isnt new: look at Legion killing WolfPack in r5 and Fury killing Elysium. This is happening ALL the time

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 23:56   #115
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheACE
This isnt new: look at Legion killing WolfPack in r5 and Fury killing Elysium. This is happening ALL the time
Tnx for enlightening us..
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:07   #116
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

zzzz... what's missing are some people who will ally all the smaller alliances and let them team up on FPM. it can not be that hard to combine 5 smaller alliances and have them hit 5-10 fpm gals in one tick at the same time. it just needs someone willing to put in the time and effort and since most of the actual caring and most involved players already left this game rounds ago things like that are *not* going to happen anymore. *if* that would happen I am sure that fpm would lose roids and people in the FPM block would start whining and would start losing motivation
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:09   #117
alch
Retired

ok, let me get this right.
we have 2 choices:

1.continue with the normal playing with our allies: FPM but half of the universe will hate us for that.
2.Break the agreement and be bacstabber and get the other half of the universe to hate us.

now, if i would look into it as a member or officer or HC, who i would find more normal to hate me? my ennemy or my allies?
i would say that my ennemy, quite simple.
No matter what we would do, our consequences would shock and "ruin" the game for some people.
So instead of taking seriously who we will hurt next time, i would prefer to stick to my standarts and my morale and try not to backstab my own Friend and my own allies.
Of course, if a poll would be led and 100% of the FPM would agree that we shall split, then here we go and we can indeed break up and satidfy the whole universe.
But in this kind of game and in the life, its very very very hard to satisfy the whole universe. because there will be always a winner and a looser.
no matter what.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:14   #118
Blazde
Elysium

Blazde is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you've recognised half the universe is allied to you.
Blazde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:17   #119
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
we have 2 choices:

1.continue with the normal playing with our allies: FPM but half of the universe will hate us for that.
2.Break the agreement and be bacstabber and get the other half of the universe to hate us.

now, if i would look into it as a member or officer or HC, who i would find more normal to hate me? my ennemy or my allies?
No matter what we would do, our consequences would shock and "ruin" the game for some people.
So instead of taking seriously who we will hurt next time, i would prefer to stick to my standarts and my morale and try not to backstab my own Friend and my own allies.
Of course, if a poll would be led and 100% of the FPM would agree that we shall split, then here we go and we can indeed break up and satidfy the whole universe.
But in this kind of game and in the life, its very very very hard to satisfy the whole universe. because there will be always a winner and a looser.
no matter what.
U don't get it, do u? Alliance 1,2,3,4 vs what comes next? Look at the uni screen and try not to laugh. If u don't see the problem there your utter ignorance makes me a bit dizzy.

* EDIT: it's handy to have the numbers

Alliances - Top 100

Rank - Name - Asteroids - Members - Score

1 FAnG - 112026 - 100 -168.922.550
2 Phraktos - 96232 - 87 - 142.577.768
3 WolfPack - 81755 - 98 - 127.912.874
4 MISTU - 69252 - 68 - 102.245.082

5 FYTFO - 50225 - 95 - 90.840.461
6 [VsN] - 48205 - 88 - 84.792.988
7 NewDawn - 44014 - 70 - 73.686.973
8 Elysium - 35194 - 68 - 67.181.033
9 Valhalla - 33497 - 98 - 56.705.778
10 Vengeance 32213 - 57 - 54.030.041

Let's assume that the rest of that those top ten alliances or what's left of them now, could come to an agreement to work together all, which isn't very obvious; but let's look at the numbers..

Fang, Phraktos, Mistu, WP - total score 540.000.000
- total amount of roids 360.000

Alliances rank 5 to 10 - total score 400.000.000
- total amount of roids 240.000

That's assumin there would be an agreement fast and that it would be working properly incely.

So, u really feel that there is no problem with that?

Last edited by Riddim; 16 Apr 2004 at 00:44.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:27   #120
Hector

Hector is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
At least you've recognised half the universe is allied to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim
U don't get it, do u? Alliance 1,2,3,4 vs what comes next? Look at the uni screen and try not to laugh. If u don't see the problem there your utter ignorance makes me a bit dizzy.
I'm not a religous man. But, Amen.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:40   #121
Shooter16

Shooter16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about all of you but ND has been a good alliance this round. I've been in ND since round 4 been a long while there. Still fighting the fights still working on being the best planet I can be. I like how the PaX and post rounds have developed. It did away with large alliance blocking like for example when we were all part of the FoS back in round 6 or whatever round that was, that was stagnant as hell at the end but I was still apart of it and didn't like it as much. I liked just worrying bout your own alliance and just yer alliance and of course your friends that you meet round to round.

I just like being able to go hit somewhere and not worry bout a whole block of alliances coming down on you because "they have to teach you a lesson" for attacking one of them.. I can see that alliance doing that.. but not a whole group of alliances... ND has done a good job and all its members as well. They pulled together and fight the fight despite odds always hope around

Stagnation yus its been around every round that PA has been alive. The only reason.. people don't like to lose their nice scores and fleets and roids. Yus there are fights everyone has equal opportunity to fight in the begginning but when a block starts winning. Thats when the other members of the blocks should break apart and start attacking each other to try and truly win the round. Ever played Risk? There you block against enemies and block against letting someone win the game. But the moment the block is ahead the block splits up and attack each other for the win on the game. I for one have not seen that happen in PA ever. I have only seen where the Block wins not the individual alliance. They fear those they whipped in the beginning could catch up and maybe take over. Like a Risk game. Why chance it when you can coast to the end of the game. Its a war game fight for the win for your own alliance not the Block win. It eliminates stagnation and everyone complains a little that you beat them up still but at least a Block doesn't run away with it. The best alliance runs away with it. I say lets see the best alliance and their bonds win.

Remember everyone is just as good as the other, name pointing and finger pointing do nothing just fight the fight and try and win with your alliance not the block Feels better to win a war with your alliance, and have top players there in your alliance, not the block. Remember tying a game is like kissing your sister.

Round 3 n00b
Rounds 4-10.5 New Dawn
Shooter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:47   #122
alch
Retired

1. who said WP is alled to FPM - this is uber bullshit.
2. bladze - im pming you on netgamers - i would appreciate if you would answer the pm.
3. FPM is top because from all Block that were formed in this game for this round, we managed to get thru and to end on the top.
At the begining we started with the same member base as any ther alliance.
add all the member FPM had - its around 250.

so if we are big now, its because our cooperation was good and we managed to steal roids and get more score, and that might point on a bad cooperation or not much enthusiasm from your part. can you blame us for that? NO.

And about the part me saying half universe or half universe, it was just a metaphor, i dont think 250 people are half of the universe, but far away from it.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:47   #123
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

You honestly think that all members of FPM are happy with the current situation?
Perhaps it's naive for me to say as I'm on the opposite side, but I would hate it, if I never got attacked nor couldn't attack decent planets. I would be bored to death.

Quote:
we have 2 choices:

Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 00:57   #124
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
1. who said WP is alled to FPM - this is uber bullshit.
oh cmon, don't make me laugh

Quote:

so if we are big now, its because our cooperation was good and we managed to steal roids and get more score, and that might point on a bad cooperation or not much enthusiasm from your part. can you blame us for that? NO.
No, but we can blame u for ruining the rest of the round. I'd draw a picture but I'm not good with photoshop
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:18   #125
alch
Retired

well guran - i would say that not all are happy with this, and might be that some spicy would be appreciated, but its only the minority and this the call of the HC to do what they see fit in this matter.
the only problem is that i see quite a lot alliances revolting the fact that we do win currently, when in fact instead of whining they could target us back.

and niddim - do me a favor.
last time i was HC and i checked, WP wasnt in any of our allies rooms. guess what i think im a little bit more updated in FPM politics than you even if i am a member.
and you can blame whoever you want about ruining the round. i blame you of giving me a headache at 3:17am and ruining the rest of the night by trying to whine about something that i find quite acceptable,
FPM is on the top, you are on the down, nothing you can do, only one thing you can do is to take yourself and other and start to do something about it on the playground instead of posting in AD.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:24   #126
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
last time i was HC and i checked, WP wasnt in any of our allies rooms. guess what i think im a little bit more updated in FPM politics than you even if i am a member.
theory.. practice
Quote:
and you can blame whoever you want about ruining the round. i blame you of giving me a headache at 3:17am and ruining the rest of the night by trying to whine about something that i find quite acceptable,
I could say the same thing about u
Quote:
FPM is on the top, you are on the down, nothing you can do, only one thing you can do is to take yourself and other and start to do something about it on the playground instead of posting in AD.
We aren't on the down, we are were we have been all round and we weren't really aiming a lot higher this round as far as I know. Though i'm not part of the ND command in PA anymore, so could be that I'm mistaken., but I doubt it.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:26   #127
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No, but we can blame u for ruining the rest of the round. I'd draw a picture but I'm not good with photoshop
I took the liberty to draw it, Riddim. With MS paint!

http://www.farstrider.de/garbage/chickenshits.jpg
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:29   #128
alch
Retired

i have only one thing to say : LOL
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:39   #129
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I took the liberty to draw it, Riddim. With MS paint!

http://www.farstrider.de/garbage/chickenshits.jpg
That certainly explains the lack of balls involved in this round's politics.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:51   #130
Bu||seye
Carebear

Bu||seye is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter16
I don't know about all of you but ND has been a good alliance this round.
Any round I've played with ND has in fact been a good round, because you don't have to be the über-scoring planet, as long as you value the alliance and the people in it.
And since hirr left PA, ND has to continue the nutgnawing work fs, that's a responsibility that comes out of the good and long relationship, so let's go gnaw some FPM nuts. HARD!

Quote:
still working on being the best planet I can be.
AND YOU'D BETTER BE, YOU PROMISED ME!!
And you're only havin that account due to my immensely nice character, you better remember that fs!

Apart from that and to be a bit more on-topic in general: BRING IT ON!
If you roid us silly, I'll make my wish come true, bully my way back into command and startup a full alliance of Covert-Ops. Muarharharharhar.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 01:55   #131
Bu||seye
Carebear

Quote:
All you need for a well-painted picture is MS Paint. I'm serious.

Edit: See, Zhukov knows that too...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:07   #132
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

So there just are some mixed BG's with FPMW members who attack together? Protected? (Krush? )
Cause the fact is, that atleast EVL galaxies have been attacked by mixed groups, with FAnG aswell as WP members. And I'm not talking about one or two incidents, but very organized.

Quote:
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:10   #133
alch
Retired

neither it was an accident or neither it was something setted between sister gal.
i dont know about WP attacking with FPM.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:13   #134
Bu||seye
Carebear

Last thing I got to know was that WP is NAPed with Phraktos and that keeps both FAnG and MISTU off attacking WP; with WP also having a NAP with ND, it makes them an ally to FPM in this whole matter (regarding ND) in effect, but not on the paper.
So FPM HC can claim that WP ain't allies all they want, the effect of the NAP is the same as if WP was in the block...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:24   #135
alch
Retired

well - a NAP is a NAP
an alliance is an alliance.
alliance mean full cooperation - a NAP mean (non-agression pact)
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 02:27   #136
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
well - a NAP is a NAP
an alliance is an alliance.
alliance mean full cooperation - a NAP mean (non-agression pact)

In the current atmosphere of mixed BGs and a 2k universe a NAP is effectively an alliance. There aren't exactly an abundance of good targets out there once you rule out 360 planets.

And no this is not your fault, but one would expect a good HC to adapt to the conditions of each round rather than playing them as if it they were earlier rounds, bearing scant relevance to the round in question.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 03:28   #137
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

i liked shooter's comment about risk it is a game i have played many times and he is exactly right about it, great analogy...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 08:00   #138
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
we have 2 choices:

no matter what.
I had the same in the speedround finals. I've been in exact the same position as FPM is now. I broke all naps the second day, but that didn't went as it should, but that wasn't in my hands but in the hands of my enemies(That all where ex allies). I didn't become very populair with my politics the first day, but at least I tried to do something for the second day. I hope your second day(half) comes soon. But it's hard to find a balance between an equal war and still keeping the position you are in now.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 08:06   #139
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Stagnation yus its been around every round that PA has been alive. The only reason.. people don't like to lose their nice scores and fleets and roids. Yus there are fights everyone has equal opportunity to fight in the begginning but when a block starts winning. Thats when the other members of the blocks should break apart and start attacking each other to try and truly win the round. Ever played Risk? There you block against enemies and block against letting someone win the game. But the moment the block is ahead the block splits up and attack each other for the win on the game. I for one have not seen that happen in PA ever. I have only seen where the Block wins not the individual alliance. They fear those they whipped in the beginning could catch up and maybe take over. Like a Risk game. Why chance it when you can coast to the end of the game. Its a war game fight for the win for your own alliance not the Block win. It eliminates stagnation and everyone complains a little that you beat them up still but at least a Block doesn't run away with it. The best alliance runs away with it. I say lets see the best alliance and their bonds win.
In risk, you are a solo player, and as solo player you are only happy with a solo victory. In planetarion, you play with a group(galaxy), a bigger group(alliance) and an even bigger group(Block). Fighting for your solo victory is not worth risking losing your alliance, fighting group victory is not worth losing your alliance, fighting alliance victory is not worth risking fighting your block.

It would be so good if planetarion works like a game of risk, but the risks to eventually lose the game are to high to do such things. The best games i've played are games like risk, where you constant team up against the #1, I've seen some speedrounds like that, where you can break a nap as easy as breaking a cookie. But eventually most speedroudns where also won by people who agreed with other party's in the end, cause they saw constant fighting wouldn't lead to staying #1. I won't really blame FPM, but it would rock if we have a game of risk next round!
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 08:13   #140
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point

I skipped the first 130 replies or so... hope no one minds

But i am very glad that I left mistu when I did... never wanted to be in one of 'those' alliances (decided that after being raped 87 times by Legion/Fury in r5)

Good that you're still fighting, although I do doubt that they are focusing soly on ya'll... those other 6 or 7 alliances might make them regret that..

good luck

phraktos... you and your bitches don't be so mean :[

etc
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 08:32   #141
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
posted like that for years. On another point i am actually typing on a laptop and its actually pretty shit to type on which is exagerating things.

[Edi] At work s posting without others trying to see.

I agree with what alch says - I am postinghere to give my view on things. Harsh to judge me when I am the only person willing /bothered to respond.

We have to make decisions based on our historical facts and based on what is best for our members. Everything else is window dressing.

I seriously hope FAnG is not hated for me putting a view accross - i am one hc of five and if you really think that something else should happen lobby them. I am too old o stand down from what i believe these days, but i am also the least active hc in FAnG
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 16 Apr 2004 at 08:40.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:15   #142
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu||seye
All you need for a well-painted picture is MS Paint. I'm serious.

Edit: See, Zhukov knows that too...
I suck at ms paint too :\
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:25   #143
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
In risk, you are a solo player, and as solo player you are only happy with a solo victory. In planetarion, you play with a group(galaxy), a bigger group(alliance) and an even bigger group(Block). Fighting for your solo victory is not worth risking losing your alliance, fighting group victory is not worth losing your alliance, fighting alliance victory is not worth risking fighting your block.
Did u bother read the rest of this thread? I'm afraid u haven't :\
I'm not going to give u the same arguments over and over again. U know them, ur command knows them and the rest of the uni knows em.

To come back to ur explanation why risk isn't like PA cause u try to win as a solo player..
In PA u try to win solo too, but as an alliance, I don't see the difference really. With same kind of agreements as in risk and with the intention of winning ... solo (as an alliance)
In fact, by trying to make a point, u prove ur own point wrong.

Look at the facts, hence the uni ranking. I posted em earlier in this thread. There is nothing u can say that will put ur alliances policy in a better daylight, nothing.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 12:34   #144
alch
Retired

well - as long you will continue with this bullshit WFPM.
this thread wont take any form of seriousity sorry.
There is no alliance with WP and im sure no attack coordination together.
so stop with this BS please and focus on the Real Evidence.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 12:55   #145
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
There is no alliance with WP and im sure no attack coordination together.
so stop with this BS please and focus on the Real Evidence.
Let's twist things around then - on which side would you place WolfPack then?

Fact is they have an agreement with Phraktos - NAP. Because of FAnG's and MISTU's allegiance to Phraktos they respect their NAPs and therefore will not hit WP. WP ofcourse have to respect Phraktos' allies and won't hit FAnG/MISTU (From what I heard atleast).

That draws the picture of FPM not attacking WP, and WP not attacking FPM, but both of them attacking 'others'. Doesn't that put WP on the same 'side' as FPM then? I know you're not satisfied with the term 'allies' when it comes to WP... we can call it an extended NAP if you wish. Nevertheless it still has the same outcome as WP Being allied to the block... the only difference is that now you hit the same targets without coordinating it, instead of coordinating it.

Really, when you're NAPed and all fighting the same enemies, you're pretty much working together and therefore allied.

Also, 'Real Evidence' ? What exactly makes what the eye sees (incoming hostile fleets from WP / FPM direction) less 'real evidence' than what some HC's with their own agenda's tell us on the boards? Should we rate evidence being real or not on whether or not you have confirmed it is true?

Please...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 13:23   #146
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
If you have no agreements with WP how about FAnG attacks them? After all, they have waaay more roids than ND. And...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Its all about the roids.
(It'd also be a good way to get one up on Phraktos, since they can't take WP's roids.)
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 14:14   #147
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazde
If you have no agreements with WP how about FAnG attacks them? After all, they have waaay more roids than ND.

yes, because i havent hit WP for last 3 nights in a row def wh0res
Ultores
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 14:57   #148
Blazde
Elysium

Quote:
yes, because i havent hit WP for last 3 nights in a row def wh0res
News scan says otherwised.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 15:09   #149
Colt
Mercenary

...not what his gal m8 said, but ok
Ultores

Last edited by Colt; 16 Apr 2004 at 16:37.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 03:13   #150
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Barrow whines - the PA universe changes political affiliations.

I should write crappy threads like this more often.