User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 May 2003, 12:42   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
R9 from a VGN perspective

Well what can I say, an interesting experience to say the least! The first few weeks were hell on Earth for us in VGN, some of us (my gal included) were up in the top 50 and many in the top 100 after several weeks of play but that soon came to a crashing end once 'large scale' attacks started. I have never seen so many defence calls flashing up in the channel, those of you who've seen our defence planner know what a fabulous tool it is (_are_ really outdid himself with that part of the webby) but having 20-30 uncovered defence calls listed in the channel every 10 minutes can get you down quite quickly. We were getting hit seven ways fron Sunday and it was all but impossible to get any sort of defence from anywhere, PMing everyone in channel only to find that everyone online either had incoming or was idling drove me to the point of despair. I even got to the point where I applied to another alliance because all I could see was VGN falling to pieces around me and nothing seemed to help. Starlock and _are_ held it together though, they never gave up and I'm more than a little proud to have them as HC, they kept it together when almost everyone else had given up completely and that helped us stick with it 'just a bit longer'. That was the way to deal with the early part of R9 we discovered, 'just a bit longer' and things will change.

And change they did, allying with VOM seemed suicidal to many of us but in fact it was the perfect move for VGN/VORTEX. It kept a large part of the universe off our backs and when the WE/ET split came about not long after the defence bot was abruptly silent for the first time in weeks. Not only did we have less incomings but we had almost NO incomings for 2 straight days! Was this a sign of things to come? Indeed it was, we now had chance to grow for the first time since tick 200 and grow we did. Nothing like the scale WE/ET were at but we grew enough to have useful fleets and (moderately) respectable roid scores. Once we got back into things it was all so different, the 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough' attitude that was prevalent in UV (and presumably BD) resurfaced and people were defending attacks left, right, and centre. We had normal incomings now rather than the ridiculous amounts earlier in the round and we covered almost every single last one of them!

50:7:8 (Spoonman) had incomings (up to 100 mil attackers ffs) daily for weeks yet we covered him every time. Sometimes he had outside help but the core defence came from VGN and it rocked .

Our attacks sucked all round, not due to lack of trying as Soron did a great job putting them together but due to lack of people joining them. Whether this was down to a 'defensive' attitude brought on by the early part of the round (I know I kept my ratio ridiculously low to avoid being targetted again) or what I don't know but it did mean even The Slain ( UV R7 and later VGN R8/9 attack squad noted for utterly destroying our targets, if they didn't hit the most owned list we were gutted) were struggling to cover a galaxy some times.

So, did we have any top 100 players? Nope.

Did we manage some good attacks? Yes but not as many as we normally do, to be expected with the way the round went really.

Did our defence rock as much as always? Definitely, we frustrated many a large attack and took great delight in it every time

Did we have fun? After the initial despair we most certainly did, thanks have to go to _are_, Starlock, Soron, and the rest of the command team for this. Technically I'm still part of that team but after a few weeks BCing at the start of the round I can't honestly say I did anything so I won't take any of the credit away from those who so greatly deserve it.

I'm going to abuse this thread by also adding thanks to my galmates here for a great round (my first ever private one). Special thanks to Frozenblade (GC) and Badmotor (MoC) for organising our political situation and running the most amazing cross defences you ever saw, and also to Shy for the great night watchman job he did It was great to be with you and awe inspiring to watch guys
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!

Last edited by Gayle29uk; 19 May 2003 at 22:01.
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:05   #2
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
A pretty honest acount of someone's round ... isnt that a rare concept?

You did not manage top 100 status, galaxy or planet wise, and by your own acount did not manage to pull together any 'grand' attacks, or indeed any regular attacks worth their time, but that is mostly due to early bashing, and unwillingness to send out fleets from the smaller member base...

However what is important is you seemed to have fun (another rare concept), and you kept on going.. regardless of your constant incomeings, and early problems during the round, and you give the 'bigboys' something to stress over when planning their attacks on your galaxys... for that i take my hat off.

A true fighting spirit.

What i like to see.

Congrats.

Last edited by Anakin; 19 May 2003 at 13:14.
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:22   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
speaking from my own experience's with the VGN members in my gal this rd i had a great time with them , again we also suffered rediculous incoming once protection ended but we took great pleasure from cross-defending in gal and killing soem attackers fleet.

it was a pleasure working with VGN this round
hounourable allies to have so a big thanks to my VGN gal m8's and the rest of the VGN team, good luck in the future rds of PA

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:28   #4
Spoonman
MSc

Spoonman is an unknown quantity at this point
was a fun round for us, we took great satisfaction in thwarting the enemy at every possible chane

i got more defence from vgn this round than i did during my last four rounds in fury (ok most of the time in fury i didn't need as much defence )

defence was virtually impenetrable, so much we had this gal banner made especially:

http://ninja.orcon.net.nz/no1galbanner.jpg

gg see you all in 9.5
cant wait

(btw sorry to bluearmy who lost 14mill attacking us
bad luck dude )
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:34   #5
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the shirt.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 13:51   #6
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
respect!

btw did any member left during the heavy incomings?

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:53   #7
StarlockUV
Vengeance (VGN)

StarlockUV is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
respect!

btw did any member left during the heavy incomings?

-Lupin
Sadly yes, but thankfully our vetreans hung in there along with a number of new comers.

but hey I think looking around all the allainces, looking at the allainces tag ranking (note that VRTX tag would have ranked 3rd if a curtian top galaxy taged vrtx as well as rock) but we came in 6th so really. not a bad effort for 4 puny allainces dont ya think.

I would like to say here a great thanks to Rock Templar and TFD for thier excellent work and effort in this allaince. I would be proud to stand with you guys anytime in the future. You maybe small but your troops have courage, honour and skills to equal those of many big allainces that I wont mention.

Thanks to all those members to stuck in there and made this round turn out the way it did. We got nailed in those first few weeks but after the split VGN and VRTX grew like wild fire. If that agreement between Weet and NAR didnt happen this round would have turned out very differant.

Most of all I am very proud of VGN members and also our allies in VRTX (VoRTeX). When we agreed to ally we defined the goals of what we wnated to achive this round. They were to gain respect and a ranking that would prove our worth in the PA community. I belive we did that and more. Also we all lived by the VGN motto " It is better to die on your feet, then to live on your Knees".

We achived those goals in one of the hardest rounds in the history of PA. For thank I am grateful, amazed and Proud beyond my wildest expectations due to the cirumstanes this round provided.

Well thats enough bollocks from me, watch your arses ppl there a new group on the block and we aint going to go down without a fight.

Have a good one,
Starlock

Have A Good One All
StarlockUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 14:56   #8
StarlockUV
Vengeance (VGN)

Quote:
Originally posted by Anakin
A pretty honest acount of someone's round ... isnt that a rare concept?

You did not manage top 100 status, galaxy or planet wise, and by your own acount did not manage to pull together any 'grand' attacks, or indeed any regular attacks worth their time, but that is mostly due to early bashing, and unwillingness to send out fleets from the smaller member base...

However what is important is you seemed to have fun (another rare concept), and you kept on going.. regardless of your constant incomeings, and early problems during the round, and you give the 'bigboys' something to stress over when planning their attacks on your galaxys... for that i take my hat off.

A true fighting spirit.

What i like to see.

Congrats.
Thanks for your comments, yes we prefer the truth it doesnt always sound better but it does the trick.

As far as our defence and readies to stand and fight, well that is somthing we have thrived on from the our humble beginings. Many ppl in big allainces i am sure will accoutn for this, we have always been a pain in the arse

One point I think many players havent relsied yet is, the trick is to play smart, one other point they can kill ya fleet and take ya roids but your planets still there.

Have A Good One All
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:10   #9
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
woooot!

Well done to all the VGN members you rock!!

especially to-
Frozen
Gayle
Stalock
assassin

all the other that i know ion VGN again i have to say really well done on what nwas a tough round
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 18:27   #10
GlowDog
VGN

GlowDog is infamous around these parts
what can I say ... im verry proud to be part of the VGN family !

its an honor fighting with you guys !

Regards to our friends in Templar, Rock and TFD.

now lets enojoy 9,5 and see what round 10 will bring us !
GlowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:30   #11
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
for what it's worth Gayle, sorry for launching on your gal for about 15 times this round with my gal. We had fun, it seems you had too.

Hint for the future : PDS is a no no.
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:44   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
for what it's worth Gayle, sorry for launching on your gal for about 15 times this round with my gal. We had fun, it seems you had too.
That's going back a while

Don't think we saw you after the big WE/ET bustup did we?
Quote:
Hint for the future : PDS is a no no.
Don't remember building any PDS...unless it was a leftover from that time I had xan incoming and didn't know if it was 100 vults or 10k arrows/100 vults. I think I built enough PDS to kill the vults (which is what it turned out to be) and ran off to defend Frozen
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 19 May 2003, 19:45   #13
Narziss
Mr. DaySleeper

Narziss is an unknown quantity at this point
Indeed...VGN were great Allies this Round

It was a pleasure to attack with u Guys

Greetz to Soron,_are_ and the whole VGN-Crew

well done....

------
Narz
Round 9: [ROCK-HBC]
Round 9.5: [ROCK]/[Wolfpack]
Round 10: [=***=]-> my last round

IRC-Channels: #Pack #Rock #TSU #Planetarion #Ministry
Narziss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 21:03   #14
Moondoggie
Ancient Ensign

Moondoggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Gayle, you've been a joy to play with Great website by the way.

Sorry I sort of dropped off in activity near the end. DoM had much more potential for me at the time. I hope you stick around for the next few rounds
Unread 19 May 2003, 21:32   #15
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
:-)
or is there anything else needed as comment?
Unread 19 May 2003, 21:56   #16
Anor

Anor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by are
:-)
or is there anything else needed as comment?
_are_ - you rocked c123 in round 3 .

Round 8: 17:4:1 [Elysium] #299
Round 9: 37:6:5 [Elysium] #162
Round 9.5: 46:7:12 [Elysium] #53
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 22:12   #17
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work everyone!
Thanks for all VGN members for this round!
Big thanks goes to Templar, Rock and TFD members!

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ðragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2003, 22:29   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
[b]That's going back a while

Don't think we saw you after the big WE/ET bustup did we?

Don't remember building any PDS...unless it was a leftover from that time I had xan incoming and didn't know if it was 100 vults or 10k arrows/100 vults. I think I built enough PDS to kill the vults (which is what it turned out to be) and ran off to defend Frozen
maybe the occasional hit and run :P but we focussed mainly this round on 43:5, 41:5, 8:5,9:5, 35:5, 31:5,32:5
Unread 19 May 2003, 23:30   #19
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for a good round vgn! nice playing with you and I hope to have the privelege to play with you sometime in the future again
Unread 20 May 2003, 09:44   #20
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
VGN was a nice ally and certainly proved themselves in this round under their new name.

Btw, sorry _are_ and Jay for dropping out of your gal after a few weeks but I wasn't happy with the round and really not happy with the procedings in our gal either.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2003, 11:33   #21
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
wohoo!

Unread 21 May 2003, 11:27   #22
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Caledan is an unknown quantity at this point
Heeeee
A really nice thread which I enjoyed reading.
Hope I won't ruin it.

The situation described, was the same for all members of VoRteX , I think. But we are still ok.

I can remember our 'FAng-spies' screaming: <ROCK is going down we are loosing ,we have no chance, all is lost. ROCK is breaking.> (Hope this attitude is not usual for FAng...lol... only cause we got some more incomings than usual)

But Rock didn't break due to it's inner strength and ofc also due to it's great allies.
Much thanks to VGN for sticking with us this round. We loved to pick your motto.

We had a lot of nice meetings, stricking due to Starlock's monologues hehe. I was surprised your thread in here were ending at all hehe.
I can safely say we have found some new friends in VGN.

Thanks for a good round, being great allies and friends and I wish you all the best for the coming rounds.

On a personal note: Thanks for being allowed to have been part of SLAIN. Was fun to see some galaxies appear in the OWNED-TOP5. /me waves to Soron
He who dares, Wins!
Caledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:50   #23
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
Starlock you old git, come find me on IRC you typo-wh0re!

You're never around anymore :/
Unread 21 May 2003, 12:42   #24
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Well. What can I ad to that? I can only agree. You did a fine job and did well. The sum is even better then the parts.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 14:52   #25
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Caledan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pilkara Alliance RANKING in HAVOC

1 1 3 VRTX [VRTX] [OLVI]Spit Face[Thely] (23:1) 251,311 10,998,102,158 47 0.23 -3.34% 3.08%

Yeeeeehhhhaaaaaa!!!

lol... yes we know it is like shooting a gaol in the 89th minute while the otehr team score already about 15 goals...

but who cares hehe?

That's a pure VRTX gal btw....
He who dares, Wins!
Caledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 19:41   #26
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
yeah, its been alot of fun

and gayle, the defbot wasnt silent, it went "<|VGN|> No unhandled Incommings! Try !defall for all calls" every 10 minutes... got abit annoying in the long run

Again (I say this too often), _are_ rules. Might have something to do he's the only commander from the bd part with higher seniority than me
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 21:43   #27
Black

Black is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Thank You

Thank you VGN for all the def Sent to 51:1, even though my gal had very little incoming. Good luck to all and hope to see you soon.
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:13   #28
Endor
[S]

Endor is an unknown quantity at this point
Hej VGN

well i left you guys and a lot of my friends after i think 2 weeks of planetarion round 9

i did not fear for VGN to split up, cause i know the tightness of the groups main people, but however after a 5 rounds career in UV it was time for me to move on

sometimes you just get bored with old things :-)

anyway hang on tight and good round (except for the attacking part cause yah well that sucked but hell there wasnt many options)
r3: 103:12 TF/UV
r4: ??:18 UV
r5: 14:17 UV
r6: 3:16 Silver
r7: 29:18 UV
r8: 15:10 UV/VD
r9: 3:3 VGN/hirr/Seraphim
r9,5: 22:1 Seraphim
Endor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 14:03   #29
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
nice thread, very refreshing to read, and to know ppl out there are enjoying the rounds even if they lose. (if its possible to lose a game like this)

I wish VGN all the best in future rounds.

Once again nice to read a complete thread totally void of ego's

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2003, 02:23   #30
StarlockUV
Vengeance (VGN)

Quote:
Originally posted by waassaa
nice thread, very refreshing to read, and to know ppl out there are enjoying the rounds even if they lose. (if its possible to lose a game like this)

I wish VGN all the best in future rounds.

Once again nice to read a complete thread totally void of ego's
thanks for your comments, we are kinda differant in our goals and ways we do things. might be due to our member base but we are more community focused or as one of my members put it a Clan.

Have A Good One All
Unread 27 May 2003, 02:56   #31
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Joyfull and cheerfull spirit still lives

Quite refreshing.

GL VGN
Unread 28 May 2003, 12:59   #32
MrPubes
Lieutnant Commander

MrPubes can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo

it was a pleasure working with VGN this round
hounourable allies to have so a big thanks to my VGN gal m8's and the rest of the VGN team, good luck in the future rds of PA
I totally agree with you, Gzambo.
We had a hard time in the beginning, but we managed that quite well imho.
Maybe we can prove to be what we aim for in the coming round.
GL to all Vortex people around in the next round, especially for my ex gal-mates.
WELL DONE
Unread 28 May 2003, 13:06   #33
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by StarlockUV
we are kinda differant in our goals and ways we do things. might be due to our member base but we are more community focused or as one of my members put it a Clan.
This does not say we are not aiming for high ranks anyway. Just to clear that up.
Unread 28 May 2003, 13:40   #34
StarlockUV
Vengeance (VGN)

Quote:
Originally posted by are
This does not say we are not aiming for high ranks anyway. Just to clear that up.
I am sure planing on it.

Have A Good One All
Unread 28 May 2003, 15:32   #35
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by are
To be sure. And one day I hope to break 10 million (or at least end the round above 1 million ).
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 28 May 2003, 16:55   #36
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by StarlockUV
or as one of my members put it a Clan.
one of ur HCs, fs! :P
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2003, 13:29   #37
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
Starlock you old git, come find me on IRC you typo-wh0re!

You're never around anymore :/
rumour has it he rushed on his 'backspace' and 'delete' keys so many times he fked up the entire keyboard. Therefore he's temporarily unable to show up on IRC.

Starlock taking typo-lessons I guess

Lo Starlock :P
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 00:54   #38
Velta
Amazing

Velta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by are
Hi are.
Velta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 00:54   #39
Velta
Amazing

Velta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by are
Hi are.
Velta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2003, 23:04   #40
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

glad to here things ended well,