User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 Oct 2017, 12:05   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Race specific researches

Ter: Roids Protection I, II, III
each research adds a percentage to the roids armour

Cath: Ultimate Emp I, II, III
each research adds a percentage of emped attackers that won't be able to go back home

Xan: Total Cloak I, II, III
each research allows to cloak a percentage of the pods

Zik: Scrapyard I, II, III
each research gives an extra percentage of resources when selling ships

Etd: chooses one of the above
Unread 24 Oct 2017, 15:15   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Race specific researches

The general idea seems fine to me. I don't think it really adds much, but I can't see it hurting either.

Needs some balancing, though. Cat is by far the best (by so is Etd, by extension). and Xan is by far the worst. Cloaking half your pods is pointless. The limiting factor on fakes isn't "I can't afford to lose 1000 pods on this fake", it's "man, I ran out of fleetslots again". Not that I'm suggesting adding fleet slots, mind you!

Ter seems mediocre. No one sends only just enough pods to maxcap, they oversend. Adding armor doesn't help, unless we're talking a factor of 3 or more. At that point, fakes might actually start getting expensive.

Of all the races, Zik's seems most reasonable. Depending on the percentages They're most likely to sell ships, but unless this research allows percentages like 80-90% (possible!), the value loss is still too big.

One issue I see with all of them except Cat is that they're a bit too inconsequential. People will fit them in place of HCT2000 or maybe Cov Ops, something on the end of the tech tree, when they have nothing better to do. Other than Cat, there is no early round strategy that can use this new research.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2017, 02:13   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

what mz said...but feels like "on the right track" if that makes sense.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2017, 15:59   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I would suggest that xan gets a discount of cost of distorters related research

Zik gets a bonus for stealing ships in attack (subject to MHs controls) that compensates for the nature that steal currently is until it can be fixed.

I would suggest shields research would add some offensive fun as a suggestion