User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 23 Mar 2006, 21:30   #1
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
AllComp - What it is and how it works!

Several people have asked me what an AllComp actually is and how it works. It is terribly simple, but I shall try to explain.

An All Comp is a competition between the alliances to see who can get the most people online all at once, and into #planetarion on irc.netgamers.org (the official home of Planetarion). Each member tags his or her self with their alliance tag inside square brackets []. So for example, I would tag as part of PATeam. So to represent PATeam I would tag:

[PATeam]Marv

At a pre announced time, the tags are counted and the alliance with the most tags wins. There is usually no actual prize for winning the AllComp, except exclusive bragging rights to the winning alliance

So that is basically it. The count for round 16 will take place, in #planetarion as always at 21:55 GMT on Saturday 25th March before the End of Round Ceremony at 22:00.

I hope this clears up what it is all about, and best of luck to you all!

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.

Last edited by Marv; 23 Mar 2006 at 21:40.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2006, 21:41   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: AllComp - What it is and how it works!

To clarify, we are giving 2 credits to the winning tag this time (although this is not always the case).
Tomorrow involves me coding a bot to count, if I can't find one. []LCH[]'s tag always breaks the counting bot anyway
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 18:14   #3
Teargas
Aberrant Shadows

Teargas will become famous soon enoughTeargas will become famous soon enough

Anyone looking for an extra tag? XD This should be a fun competition to see.

Round 2-10: None
Round 15-16: [BIG]
IRC: Tchort / Frank
Teargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 18:22   #4
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Appoco - there's already a bot that does it
No need to panic
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 20:12   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Appoco - there's already a bot that does it
No need to panic
PA Team communication
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 21:01   #6
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

I take it the bot will only count actual people and so those with 3 nicks and connections only count once. not sure with mode +x and pnicks if this is possible
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2006, 23:12   #7
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
PA Team communication
I haven't been PATeam for over a year now.