User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 15:49   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Unhappy Next round

It has been brought to my attention that the round may start as early as mid july.

I dont have this comfirmed and I guess we all have to wait for an offical announcement, but it shouldnt stop us from discussing when we want a start of next round. I would love to see that next round dont start before earliest mid august. I dont think there is alot of people around wanting to use their summer vacation on playing PA, and I really think that if the PA crew decides to go for this alot of people will not be able to be there for the start of the round, and the outcome will be that they wont play.

I myself cant play if the round starts in july. I can ofcourse start late, but I really dont want to do that because it would leave me a crippled round where I wont be able to perform my best.

Anyone else having problems with a july round 14 start?
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 15:58   #2
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Next round

So late? I was expecting it more in the early part of July. Still, mid-July seems like a good time to me.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:01   #3
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

I would prefer a gap as big as between r12 and r13 tbh, as extensive betas are never a bad idea, and I like the summer.
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:11   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think (emphasis) quite a few people were lost/signed up later due to the large gap between r12 and r13, which obviously pateam aren't keen on seeing again. It would be nice to see a round timed with everyone returning to college and such though.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:13   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I think (emphasis) quite a few people were lost/signed up later due to the large gap between r12 and r13, which obviously pateam aren't keen on seeing again. It would be nice to see a round timed with everyone returning to college and such though.
The problem is not only that we lost players but that it has disrupted schedules so we can't have rounds at decent times without having additional big delays.

Another problem is from the financial side, if we wait until mid-late August that will mean only 2 rounds this year rather than the target of 4 - thats a huge cut in income and hence will cause obvious problems.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:14   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
. It would be nice to see a round timed with everyone returning to college and such though.
Yeah, that was my thought aswell. With new people joining school/college/uni in mid august it would be a perfect start for a new round.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:16   #7
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

I don't go back to uni until late September
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:17   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Another problem is from the financial side, if we wait until mid-late August that will mean only 2 rounds this year rather than the target of 4 - thats a huge cut in income and hence will cause obvious problems.
I would say that the early start of round 14 would disrupt the income more than starting mid august. Because of both that alot of people (escpecially norweigans) are on vacation in july, and alot of people will prefer doing stuff out doors in the summer.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:19   #9
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

i think a start as soon as possible once tseting has finished tbh, as long as you time to fit in 1 speedgame
I was expecting next round at start of july so mid july would be fine. Plus mid july start is 6weeks after rounds ends.... too long imho
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:20   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
The problem is not only that we lost players but that it has disrupted schedules so we can't have rounds at decent times without having additional big delays.

You could run a slightly less-expensive, slightly shorter round starting in early/mid july heading through until early/mid september before kicking off a full round with extensive preparation and time spent in beta. Obviously I'm not aware of the financial intricacies of the situation with jolt and planetarion so this might not be viable, although frankly I can't see what insurmoutable obstacles would be encountered this way.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:39   #11
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
i dont go back to uni until mid october but then i dont finish this year till early july

EDIT: Rock on JBG! that sounds like a really good plan
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:52   #12
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road

We could do a gap and have speed rounds?

This is me adding to your general musings btw, this hasn't been discussed with the team
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:52   #13
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Anytime but the week beginning 11th July is good for me (I graduate that week, and I'll be moving out of my current accomodation *and* going to the graduate ball too!) But to be honest nobody really cares whats good for me

Mid-July is near the end of summer term for schools so may be good... depends if you want to play PA during summer or not...
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 16:55   #14
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
You could run a slightly less-expensive, slightly shorter round starting in early/mid july heading through until early/mid september before kicking off a full round with extensive preparation and time spent in beta. Obviously I'm not aware of the financial intricacies of the situation with jolt and planetarion so this might not be viable, although frankly I can't see what insurmoutable obstacles would be encountered this way.
we can't do credits for any cheaper becuase of VAT, credit card costs, etc, otherwise a shorter round might be an option.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:02   #15
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
we can't do credits for any cheaper becuase of VAT, credit card costs, etc, otherwise a shorter round might be an option.
You can make bulk credits cheaper, can't you?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:19   #16
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

The trouble with starting a round any later than mid-July is that in order to finish the round after that one (round 15) in time for Christmas it has to start around the beginning of October at the latest. Mid-July therefore allows a 10 week round, and then a short 1-2 week max gap between R14 and R15 while still maintaining a 10 week round for R15.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:26   #17
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
The trouble with starting a round any later than mid-July is that in order to finish the round after that one (round 15) in time for Christmas it has to start around the beginning of October at the latest. Mid-July therefore allows a 10 week round, and then a short 1-2 week max gap between R14 and R15 while still maintaining a 10 week round for R15.
And I'm sure you read the entire thread before posting this.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:42   #18
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
So that makes me unable to play PA for 10 weeks.. Thanks alot..
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 17:57   #19
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

They can't postpone the round start just because of one mans wishes though Besides, if they wait too long they'll just end up losing players which I believe they did when waiting too long with r13. And starting a round mid-summer while everyone has vacation from school/work is a good idea aswell when thinking about how many will actually have the time to play then.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 18:45   #20
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping for a later start as well what with summer and wanting to work over summer, and I have some revision to do

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 18:49   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
You can make bulk credits cheaper, can't you?
for buying potenitally yes - but what about the people who bought lots of credits this round to use next round - price stability is a good thing.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 18:49   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
there is no way round 15 will finish before xmas anyway, allready calculated that.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 18:52   #23
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

was hoping for an earlier start than that tbh
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 18:53   #24
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
there is no way round 15 will finish before xmas anyway, allready calculated that.
Christ, that'll be a fun way to spend Xmas day.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 18:56   #25
idiotwind

idiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really niceidiotwind is just really nice

I may be one of the few who prefer to have an earlier around during the summer holidays.
I can't get on the internet at school as often as I can at home, so having a round when I'm at home during the holidays works for me.
idiotwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:11   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Christ, that'll be a fun way to spend Xmas day.
I was thinking of a break for xmas rather than actually playing the game then.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:11   #27
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Kargool, What about people like me, who work school times and cant be active unless its a school holiday. I cannot wait till the summer to play PA as I can play seriously then.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:13   #28
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
hell no, we dont want no break!!!!

i can be a mean bugger
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:23   #29
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
Same for me. I'm also working all summer, probably in and out of an office all day.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:28   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
for buying potenitally yes - but what about the people who bought lots of credits this round to use next round - price stability is a good thing.

Change the credit structure. A normal round costs 5 credits, a speedgame costs 2, a shorter round costs 4. It's pretty easy.

(In case anyone is really thick you multiply everyone's credits at the minute by 5 or 10 or whatever numbers works out well and move the prices, relative to the amount of credits, up.)
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:31   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Kargool, What about people like me, who work school times and cant be active unless its a school holiday. I cannot wait till the summer to play PA as I can play seriously then.
I guess its equal for everyone. Damn shame I cant be around for the next round though.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:33   #32
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Mid-july would be perfect for me.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 19:42   #33
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_

Yup, its perfect for me too.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 21:03   #34
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I'm good with any start, but was hoping it to be as early as end of June...beginning of July.
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 21:24   #35
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping for 9th june

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 21:35   #36
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

What about starting slightly earlier than mid July - by a week or two - and having the next two rounds 2-3 weeks shorter. That would get PA back on track and the degree. The small difference should get too many people up in arms about the slightly higher "cost per tick." Might be fun actually, as the rounds would likely have a bit more frenetic pace.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 21:51   #37
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point

Earlier the better. I get cranky without my PA.

Melesse
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 22:22   #38
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

August would be too late for me tbh, mid-mid late July would combined a quick enough round turnaround (more income) with enough development time and resting time. I hope?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 00:29   #39
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont mind when ever it starts as long as it doesnt start before the 19th july, i dont come back from hol then and wouldnt want to miss the start of a round being bc!
tombcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 02:05   #40
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thinking about it, I'd like a shorter round starting as soon as possible (once stats/coding are ironed out), finishing at the beginning of September. That way, there's time to prepare for the 'autumn' round from the end of September to December.

This set up would allow players such as Forest (for who the summer holidays are ideal) to play the entire of the new round at full pace without having to cut it short by a week/fortnight, etc. Meanwhile, university/school-based students (who have less of a connection during holidays) would be able to be totally ready for a new round in September.

Just seems the fairest way to me.

furball
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 05:50   #41
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
And having a quick round at that time means that i will have something else to do during my winter holidays.

remember, its not summer for everyone you know!!

/me shivers from the cold. i hate cloudy days - they are like all the bad parts of being frozen to like 20 degrees and then you dont get any rain out of it either so you need to keep water restrictions in place.

heh.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 06:24   #42
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Thinking about it, I'd like a shorter round starting as soon as possible (once stats/coding are ironed out), finishing at the beginning of September. That way, there's time to prepare for the 'autumn' round from the end of September to December.

This set up would allow players such as Forest (for who the summer holidays are ideal) to play the entire of the new round at full pace without having to cut it short by a week/fortnight, etc. Meanwhile, university/school-based students (who have less of a connection during holidays) would be able to be totally ready for a new round in September.

furball

Good suggestion. I support that.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 06:51   #43
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I know the player base is rather young, but is there so many PA players still believing in Santa ? Oops, sorry, yes Santa is true... i just met him the other day...
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 07:24   #44
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I'm not sure if many of them believe in santa, however they may believe in festive activities which would require their attention to be away from PA.

Like I said earlier, the earlier round 14 starts the better for me. I hate waiting for new rounds to begin...almost means I have to go play the unmentionable clone in the mean time. (thats pretty low...)
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 09:39   #45
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
OMG. You'll play!?!

Goodie m8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
I'm not sure if many of them believe in santa
Bugger off! There are 11-year olds like me here that arent ready for those yet. Santa is TRUE!
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 10:37   #46
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau
OMG. You'll play!?!

Goodie m8! :)
About time you got some challenge instead of those newbies in your gal surrounding you now eh?:(((( :p
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 11:10   #47
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

i think longer rounds are better, more chance of getting a higher score, with short rounds its over far to quick plus if your ships are pwned then you spend the rest of the round builing more ships and of course you cant go get many roids otherwise you get about 100 waves because of a bad value
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 11:17   #48
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
I know the player base is rather young, but is there so many PA players still believing in Santa ? Oops, sorry, yes Santa is true... i just met him the other day...
ofc Santa is real! :xmas: what are you trying to imply? Stop being mean or no pressies for you this year
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 12:40   #49
Kal
Inactive peon

OK what if we cut round 14 and 15 to 8 weeks each to get back on schedule time wise, and start round 14 as soon as stats sorting and testing are finished?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 3 Jun 2005, 13:08   #50
coffee-
Beoyotch

That sounds appropriate to me Kal.